For Mother's Day this year, we thought we would showcase some of our favorite women specific gear. Women specific gear is getting better and better. Men are not the only ones with top end gear. We hope this buyers guide will make your Mother's Day shopping a little easier for the adventure seeking mom in your life. We thank our moms for all the support and encouragement they gave us to get out and play in the great outdoors.
Columbia’s Turn ‘N Go Softshell Jacket
Grab the Turn ‘N Go and get out there. Treated to resist stains and light showers, it rejects wind to keep your core warm and toasty. Gusset details and 4-way comfort stretch mean you can move with ease and a plethora of pockets for media and valuables (including a zip-closed security pocket and a handy key tab) keeps everything in order. Simple styling creates slimming lines and the high neck zips up to lock out cold. Slip into the cozy thumbholes and head out for an early morning, soul-inspiring adventure.
- Fabric: 90% polyester/10% elastane double weave Max softshell
- Omni-Shield® advanced repellency
- Flex fit
- Wind resistant
- 4-way comfort stretch
- Thumb holes
- Gusset detail
- Reflective detail
- Zip-closed security pockets
- Media pocket
- Pocket security key tab
- Suggested Retail: $68.00
- Link to website: http://www.columbia.com/
SeasonFive Technical Watersports Apparel
Put Mom’s mind at ease! SeasonFive gear offers protection from wind, water and harmful UV rays – keeping you comfortable longer! The Barrier Series comes in both a Short sleeve and long sleeve tops, as well as capris. The tops have engineered movement arm holes and has a muscle-supporting fit. The capris have minimal flatlock comfort seams and a foldover elastic waistband. Also banded cuff bottoms and engineered stretch direction panels.
- Waterproof & Breathable
- Flat lock stitching to maximize comfort
- Welded logo treatment
- Atmos 1.0 Waterproof / Breathable technology
- 4-way stretch
- Durable Water Repellent treatment
- Short Sleeve Tops - $79.99
- Long Sleeve Tops - $89.99
- Capris - $69.99
- Website - http://www.seasonfive.com
Mountain Mama's Clouds Rest Maternity Baselayer Top and Bottom
A technical base layer for maternity—because being pregnant shouldn't mean being cold. Ultra-wicking, super-stretchy Polartec Power Dry fabric creates bulk-free high-tech maternity long underwear. Cut to accommodate all stages of pregnancy, the waffle-weave jersey material makes thermals lightweight enough for cold-weather layering and robust enough for lounging or yoga class. Pairs with the Clouds Rest Baselayer Bottom. 2010 APEX Award nominee for design excellence and innovation. Bellyglove is Mountain Mama's unique curved-front maternity cut that eliminates up-drafts, unflattering draping, and peek-a-boo belly.
- Super-stretch Polartec® Power Dry® fabric accommodates every stage of pregnancy
- Unparalleled wicking and waffle-weave warmth guarantee dry comfort in all conditions
- Curved shirt-front hem with exclusive Bellyglove™ fit eliminates up-drafts, unflattering draping, and peek-a-boo bellies
- Extra deep YKK conceal zipper ventilates and makes this a perfect nursing top
- Optional suspenders attach to hidden inner tabs—for when pants hate to stay put!
- Made in USA
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL (Sizing note: if you are between sizes, opt for one larger.)
- Colors: Black, Flame Orange
- MSRP - Top - $54.00 and Bottoms - $54.00
- Website - http://www.mountain-mama.com
SkirtSports Gym Girl Ultra
The Gym Girl Ultra was designed with the busy woman in mind. This Skirt is meant to perform and flatter while the user goes for long runs, practices yoga, plays a round of golf and manages a career in between dropping the kids off at school, grocery shopping and coffee with the girlfriends. (This Skirt has you covered when your life feels like a run-on sentence). The built-in shorties have a pocket on each leg to stash your music player, keys, energy gels, ID, cash, you name it! Skirt fave feature: Shorties made of semi-compression mesh perfectly cover the biggest parts of your thighs. Chafe-free styling! Skirt fave feature runner-up: TWO pockets, one on each thigh!
- Built-in no-creep Shorties made from semi-compression mesh with 4” inseam. Perfect thigh placement. The Shorties STAY IN PLACE. Just say no to chafing!
- Featuring our New RunFast Jersey and Semi-Compression Mesh fabrics
- Skirt length (size medium): 14.5 inches in front; 15.5 inches in back
- Shorties color matches back to the Skirt
- 100% polyester Under Skirt Liner for extra protection
- Flatlock stitching
- Two hidden pockets in the shorties carry gels, phones and more
- Sonic music port on right side just under waistband: don’t lift your skirt to rock out
- Lower-rider, but not too low
- MSRP - $65.00
- Website - http://www.skirtsports.com
- Recommended Activities: Running, walking, hiking, yoga, Pilates, weight-lifting, tennis, golf, lacrosse, dancing, shopping, soccer-mom carpooling, saving the world and meeting the girlfriends for coffee
XR Crossmax Neutral
If your mom is looking for a high mileage training shoe and wants one shoe from door to trail, look no further. The XR Crossmax has Perfect Grip which is found in the new outsole compounds and lug geometry for better traction. It also comes with Salomon’s expertise of the foot, Perfect Fit. The new Sensiflex technology delivers the Ideal combination of foothold and freedom of movement – Sensiflex is a soft stretchy liner inside the shoe, reinforced by a flexible outside PU honeycomb, which controls and adapt to the foot collapse during the stride Perfect Ride. Perfect ride is effective thanks to the innovative Oversized tendon – A progressive flex and energized return which greatly improves your speed-workouts.
- WEIGHT - 281G/9.9 OZ (SIZE 7 US)
- Friction free lace eyelet
- Lace pocket
- Gusseted tongue
- Women’s specific last
- Stretch air mesh
- Lining Material: Textile
- Midsole: Molded EVA
- Outsole: Contagrip LT • Contagrip HA • OS Tendon
- Sockliner: Ortho Lite
- MSRP $130
- Website - http://www.salomon.com/
A 2 1/2 inch vegan leather sandal with a padded butterfly embossed sock. Flojos’ distinctive “vegan” leather wedges offer the durability and iconic look of real leather, for less, while also avoiding the use of animal products. This line epitomizes the modern woman: sexy, yet practical and ready to transition between the variety of business, social and family activities that divide her day. The whimsical, butterfly-bedecked, 2½ –inch Magdelena wedge, for instance, features a padded sock, arch support and slim, soft straps for comfort in any setting.
MSRP: $ 42.00
Website - http://store.flojos.com
The Suunto M5 is the complete multi-sport fitness and recovery partner. Purchasing the M5 with the running pack gives active Mothers the New foot POD mini, Movestick mini and a comfort belt. The mini foot POD wirelessly tracks speed and distance and only weighs 9 grams and is 80% smaller in volume and lighter than previous models. The battery lasts twice as long and works with the t3d t6d and M5. The new Movestick mini is so small it can stay plugged into a computer’s USB all the time. Used to wirelessly transfer training data to Movescount.com and is compatible with Macs or PCs.
- Fitness Test
- Adapted exercise program for next 7 days
- Daily Exercise instructions with ideal duration and intensity
- Recovery Time recommendation after exercise –tells how long after each workout it will take the body to fully recover, reducing over exercise, fatigue and possible injury
- Easy to use with only three buttons and intuitive interface
- Training program will take start condition into consideration
- Training Program designs individual exercise programs to help to improve fitness, weight management or free training
- Guidance features and motivational elements keep you hooked on regular exercise
- Real time intensity guidance and motivational feedback during workout: example “100% Complete. Good Workout.”
- Credibility and reference from ACSM
- Speed and distance calculated with PODs (foot pod, bik pod and GPS pod)
- Download any training program from Movescount.com to Suunto M5
- Running Pack MSRP $319, M5 alone MSRP $209
- Website: www.suunto.com
Sierra Designs Rejoice Backpack
The women's Rejoice backpack is a 30-liter pack ideal for day hikes or minimalist overnights. Designed around the Fulcrum Suspension system - a state of the art composite and aluminum pack suspension that saves weight while providing outstanding support and comfort - this pack provides outstanding load carrying, comfort and ventilation. This panel loading pack also features hydration compatibility, die-cut foam shoulder straps with mesh panels, and a thermo-molded waistbelt.
- Top Loading
- Front-panel Access
- Hydration Ready
- BPA-Free Waterbottle Pockets
- Security Pocket with Key Clip
- Hipbelt Snap-or-Snack Pockets
- Large Front Pocket with Organization
- Side Compression Straps
- Load compresion strap
- Storm Collar
- Trekking Pole Loops
- Integrated Bottle Opener
- Haul Handle
- Radio/GPS Attachment Points
- Torso fit range- 14-17.5"
- Weight- 3 lbs
- Volume- 30 liters / 1800 cubic inches
- MSRP- $159.95
- Website: http://www.sierradesigns.com
Kelty Light Year Sleeping Bags
Available in your choice of ECOPET synthetic or 600-fill down insulation, the Kelty Light Year sleeping bags have been fully redesigned for 2011 with new materials and graphics. Women's specific designs are cut to fit a woman's contours, providing a comfortable night's sleep. The Light Year series bags embrace Kelty's dedication to providing big value for the dollar, offering years of reliable service, comfort and performance without the hefty price tag.
The synthetic-fill Light Year XP series is the perfect bag for backpackers operating in damper climates. Insulated with ECOPET insulation, these bags remain lofty and warm even when the weather turns rainy and wet. All come standard with a lightweight compression stuff sack.
- Two-layer off-set quilt construction
- Chevron stitching (M's)
- Efficient, form-fitting hood
- Top baffle collar
- Insulated hood baffle
- 58", two-way locking zipper
- Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design
- Internal liner loops
- Sleeping pad security loops
- Hang loops for storage
- Micro FatMan and Ribbon™ drawcords
- Micro captured cordlock
- Ground-level side seams prevent heat from escaping
- Differential cut to maximize loft and warmth
- Ultralight compression stuff sack included
- Storage sack included
- Zippered chest pocket
- Temp Rating: 20° / -7°C
- Shape: Mummy
Light Year XP 20 specs:
- Fits to - 5'6" women
- Shoulder girth - 58" women
- Fill weight- 36 oz.
- Total weight - 3 lbs, 4 oz women
- MSRP- $129
- Website - http://www.kelty.com
Eureka! Apex 2XT Tent
Ideal for three season backpacking trips as well as car camping, the new Apex 2XT is a dome tent that measures 7'4" x 4'11" and weighs 5 lbs. 6 oz. and sleeps 2 people. This free-standing tent is constructed with 8.5 mm shock-corded fiberglass poles and features no-see-um mesh for maximum ventilation. The fly is made of Eureka!'s patented 75D StormShield Polyester to withstand the elements. The Apex 2XT Tent has two doors as well as two roomy vestibule that measure 13 sq. feet each for gear and footwear storage.
- Sleeps - 2
- Floor Size - 7'6" x 4'11"
- Pack Size - 5" x 24"
- Min Weight - 6 lbs 5 oz
- Seasons - 3
- Tent Area - 36.86 sq ft
- Center Height - 3' 10"
- Frame - 8.5 mm fiberglass, post & grommet
- Vents - 2
- Doors - 2 with Hi/Low venting
- Windows - 2
- Vestibules - 2
- Vestibule Area - 13.81 sq ft (front) / 13.81 sq ft (back)
- Gear Loft - 1 Included
- Gear Loft Loops - 4
- Flashlight Loop - 1
- Storage Pockets - 4
- Retail: $129.90
- Website - http://store.eurekatent.com
Metolius Safe Tech Women's Deluxe- Improved
The Safe Tech Deluxe isn't new, but it has recently went under an overhaul for some great improvements. Designed specifically for women the Safe Tech Deluxe is loaded with features. Two belay/rappel loops make setting up for rapples and multi-pitch belays easier. While four gear loops with improved configuration make it easier to rack and carry what you need.
- Front loops pop-out for easy racking and rear drop down loops sit flat when wearing a pack
- 3-D adjustable-rise system assures the perfect fit
- Shaped 3/8" foam provides maximum support to the lower back
- Rear haul loop
- 20 oz. (567 g) (medium)
- Diamond pattern body fabric
- Sizes: XS 24-27", SM 27-30", MD 30-33", LG 33-37"
- MSRP: $95.00
- Website - http://www.metoliusclimbing.com
The new Alagna is a women’s model that achieves the longing feat of combining vision technology and beauty, with frames designed for smaller female faces, and curved lenses that avoid contact with eyelashes. All Julbo lenses are optical category 1, guaranteeing 100% protection against UVA, B and C radiation.
The Alagna distinguishes itself with remarkable lens protection of the photochromic Falcon lens or the Spectron 3 lens. The Alagna will be offered in variety of fashionable colors. The white/blue and chocolate/lime frames come with Spectron 3 lens, MSRP $76, or the black/fuchsia frames with Falcon lens, MSRP $180.
Website - http://www.julbousa.comHydro Flask
The non-porous 18/8 stainless steel material means that it is highly resistant to and doesn’t retain bacteria, odor and flavor. It makes it easy to clean and transfer from the morning coffee, to afternoon water to something different in the evening with ease. The patent pending mouth solves the age-old problem of spilling water down your front with a unique design that allows liquid to flow easily in a straight line and into your mouth, but is big enough to fit ice cubes, powder drinks and tea bags. It comes backed with a lifetime warranty, keeps hot drinks hot for up to 12 hours and cold drinks cold for up to 24 and all are equipped with double wall vacuum insulation, which prevents the transfer of heat from the inside to the out. You won’t burn your hand holding the bottle with hot coffee inside or feel the “cold sweat” from cold drinks or leave water rings on the desk. The final kicker? These folks at Hydro Flask created Fivepercentback.org that donates 5% of the gross profit back to a nonprofit or charity of your choice.
Hydro Flask 21 oz. Bottle
The extremely small Fenix LD01 LED light is not much bigger than the one AAA battery it uses. This also makes it easy to throw in a purse or any pack. I have been carrying this light in my commuter bag for a month now and it comes in handy when a little light is needed. Its 3 modes allow the user to select the best compromise between brightness and runtime for any given task and to aid in an emergency. The light produced by the Fenix LD01 can be best compared to many flashlights ten times its size. The compact size, solid reliability and lightweight build of the LD01 make this light perfect for every day carry.
- LED: XP-G LED (R4) LED
- Waterproof: IPX-8 Standard
- Battery: 1 x 1.5V AAA (Ni-MH, Alkaline)
- Weight: .5 ounces (excl. batteries)
- Size: 3"(L) x .5"(D)
- Lifespan = 50,000 hrs
- Types of Output: 3
- High (72 Lumens, 1 hr 28 min)
- Mid (26 Lumens, 3 hrs 8 min)
- Low (3 Lumens, 27 hrs)
- Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
- Patented physical structure avoids circuit damaging from reverse connection of battery
- Reliable twist switch
- Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
- Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
- Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- MSRP - $40
- Website - http://www.fenixlighting.com/
ERGObaby Organic Baby Carrier
If the mom in your life has small children and loves to be active the ERGObaby carrier is great. This carrier may be worn in front, back and hip positions and can carry a kid up to 40 pounds. The carrier is made of Organic cotton twill, for a more elegant look and feel. Check out a full review of this product on this website here. http://www.openairlife.com/gear-reviews/63-children/159-ergobaby-organic-carrier
- With separate Infant Insert, the all-in-one carrier that can be used for all your babywearing years
- Allows parents to maintain closeness with baby while attending to daily activities
- Comfortable for parent; balances baby's weight to parents' hips and shoulders
- Supports correct sitting position for baby's hip, pelvis, and spine growth
- Soft, smooth feel for baby
- Ensured safety and security for baby
- Increased durability and longevity of carrier
- Maximum durability and fit
- Ergonomic design
- Fits most adult body types, from 5' to 6'5"
- Carries babies from infancy (with Infant Insert) to 40lbs.
- Organic cotton - good for baby and good for the earth!
- MSRP - $135-$148
- Website - http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/