This is the last of the Fall Gear Guides for 2011. But the products and gear in this guide are just as capable to handle anything that winter can throw at them. The products here will make your traveling not just more enjoyable, but also weary free. Also the clothing is both fashionable yet functional, this being a must when traveling. As always we would love to hear what you have to say about the products and information here. And now bring on winter!
Freewaters Self Employed
As autumn fades and the winter cold bites at our ankles, we must accept that the sandals we have worn everyday for the last six months must be put aside for a while. If you are refusing to compromise our casual lifestyle, The Freewaters’ Self Employed is the shoe for you. Also they have Incorporated the “GREENNINJA” design in them. Off there website it states: “Eco is not something we claim, it is something we just do, quietly and strategically (like a good ninja). Rather than designate one or two eco styles, we have incorporated progressive green materials through-out the line while maintaining the strictest standards of performance and durability.”
• Shell: Natural Felted Wool and Premium Japanese Microsued: solvent free and vegan friendly.
• Liner: Removable and washable design with snap heel closure and toe velcro to secure. Furry collar can be popped up for extra warmth, insulated ‘sleeping bag’ construction.
• Footbed: Toasty warm super soft wool.
• Midsole: 3-D molded ergonomic insert with arch support and heel cup. sits over a lightweight EVA foam layer.
• Outsole: non-marking recycled eco-rubber is nice on your hardwood floors and secure on your wood stairs.
• Weight: 8.7 oz
• Habitat: indoor/outdoor
• MSRP: $80.00
Mountain Khakis Shirt and Pants
M's Teton Flannel Shirt
If you are going out on the town or to work the Teton Fannel is a great shirt. Match it up with the Original Mountain Jeans to be comfortable all day long. The Fannel has a soft feel and a great look. It has to chest pockets and the drop tail back hem.
• 6.5oz, 100% Cotton Yarn-Dye Flannel
• 2 Chevron Chest Pockets
• Antique Nickel-Reinforced Buttons
• Traditional Back Yoke
• Drop Tail Hem
• Embroidered Logo Treatment on Back Right Shoulder
• Casual Fit
• MSRP: $79.95
M's Original Mountain Jean
The jeans are both rugged and refined. With the classic 5-pocket style and custom MK fit, these high quality pants are redefining what it means to wear ‘jeans’. Action gusset, triple-stitched and rivet-reinforced stress points.
• 10.8oz, 100% Cotton Denim
• New: Custom MK Fit
• New: Back Pocket Design Treatment
• Custom Embossed Leather Bison Patch
• Classic 5-Pocket Jean Style
• Embroidered Chain Stitch Logo on Coin Pocket
• Diamond-Shaped Action Gusset
• Rivet-Reinforced Stress Points
• Triple-Stitched Seams
• Mid-Rise, Relaxed Fit
• MSRP: $83.95
Howler Brothers Loggerhead Longsleeve
The Loggerhead Longsleeve keeps you dry and protected from the sun with its 100% polyester and all day UPF 45 with no need to reapply. Features include a two-button henley collar, large tonal howler monkey at the left chest, thumb holes at cuffs, and mini stash pocket at the right rear lined with sunglass cleaning microfiber.
• Wicking and quick dry 100% Polyester
• Certified UPF 45
• Stash pocket at lower back lined with sunglass-cleaning microfiber
• Contrast taping at side vents
• Coconut buttons
• Thumb holes at cuffs
• 2-button Henley collar
• Tonal Howler monkey icon at left chest
• Regular fit
• MSRP: $65.00
Exofficio Storm Logic Jacket
“Jacket to pillow before take-off.” What does this mean? This is the first thing you will read about this jacket on Exofficio.com. The jacket comes with a built in stuff sack that transforms the jacket into a travel pillow. ALso the jacket has a pocket for everything you need from passport to … This jacket is truly a must have for anyone that travels. The Jacket shell is a 20 denier ripstop polyester that’s treated with DWR. Insulated with PrimaLoft One, which absorbs 3x less water, is 14% warmer when dry and 24% warmer when wet than the competitive insulation.
• Built-in stuff sack allows jacket to roll into adjustable travel pillow
• Microfleece-lined collar
• Lined chin flap to prevent zipper from rubbing
• Vertical front zippered security pocket
• Microfleece-lined security zip hand pockets
• Bungee cinch on bottom hem
• Internal travel pocket system
• Durable 20 Denier ripstop nylon shell
• Primaloft One insulation is warm even when wet
• Treated with Durable Water Repellant (DWR) for water and stain resistance
• Quick drying
• High warmth to weight
• Sizes: M-XXL
• MSRP: $120-$180
Alpha Industries Jarhead
A sleek fitting lightweight jacket - - perfect for autumn outdoor adventures. A lightweight nylon shell is perfect to keep you warm before the winter chill sets in.
• 100% nylon outershell, with ribbed cotton trim on cuffs, hood and waistband
• Super soft jersey cotton lining
• 2 Upper and 2 lower pockets on front
• Slimmer diameter arm holes provide sleek style without adding a bulky look
• Hood comes with pull drawstring
• MSRP: $132.00
Tilley TEC-Wool Hat
A great and stylish hat to wear around town, keeping you comfortable with discreet tuckaway ear warmers. It is guaranteed for life and is insured against loss.The fabric is from Schoeller Technologies and is called C-Change. It offers temperature control’ comfort, keeping you war in the cold weather and cooler when your temprerature starts to climb.
• Guaranteed for life not to wear out
• Insured against loss
• Excellent sun protection, rated UPF 50+
• C-Change™ technology for 'temperature control' comfort
• Unique tuckaway earwarmers
• Treated for rain and snow repellency
• Secret pocket
• 4-page Owner's Manual
• Crushable and packable
• Dry cleanable
• Medium brim
• Brim size: Front: 2 5/8" and Back: 2 3/4" Sides: 2 1/8"
• Weighs 4.8 ounces
• MSRP: $99.00
Hi-Tec Men’s Retro Enviro WP
The Retro Enviro Mid WPis not just a great boot to use in the outdoors, it is also made with the outdoors in mind. The Retro Enviro Mid WP is a light hiker that features a 50% post-consumer lining, a removable CMEVA footbed and a carbon rubber outsole which are both made of recycled content. The retro style is callback to earlier hiking roots and will keep you looking good on your all-day adventures.
• Waterproof, low chrome, full grain leather
• Upper lining, utilises 50% post consomer waste
• Removable CMEVA footbed with recycyled content
• Carbon rubberoutsole with recycled content
• MSRP: $120.00
Victorinox Swiss Army Hardwood Series
We have all seen a Swiss Army knife and many of us own one, but probably not as beautiful as the Hardware Series. No the popular SwissChamp, Spartan, and Huntsman models are now available with Hardwood handles. Color and grain patterns in these beautiful knife handles are each unique with natural beauty.
1. Large Blade
2. Small Blade
4. Can Opener with
5. –Small Screwdriver (also for Phillips Screws)
6. Bottle Opener with
7. –Large Screwdriver
8. –Wire Stripper
10. Key Ring
(the above in addition to the following)
14. Multi-purpose Hool (Parcel Carrier)
15. Wood Saw
(all of the above in addition to the following)
16. Fish Scaler with
17. –Hook Disgorger
19. Nail File with
20. –Nail Cleaner
21. –Metal File
22. –Metal Saw
23. Fine Screwdriver
25. Pliers with
26. –Wire Cutter
27. –Wire Crimper
28. Phillips Screwdriver
29. Magnifying Lens
30. Pressurized Ball Point Pen
31. Straight Pin
32. Patented Mini-screwdriver
33. Sewing Eye
Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW
Lowepro unveils an ultra-lightweight, high-performance backpack design, purpose built for adventure-sport athletes who like to go fast and light with their essentials and camera gear. “Our new Photo Sport AW backpacks are ideal for people who like to mountain bike, trail run, snowboard and take photos while they enjoy the great outdoors,” said Treg Tyler, Lowepro worldwide director of marketing. “We think adventure-sport athletes will appreciate the light weight, innovative design details and freedom these backpacks offer,” he added.The lower compartment of the pack includes Lowepro’s patent-pending Ultra-Cinch Camera Chamber™ to protect camera gear in a padded and secure compartment and help prevent bouncing while an athlete-photographer is in motion. A zippered, side-access pocket allows the wearer to quickly rotate the pack to the front, unzip, un-cinch and access his or her camera to capture an ideal vista or moment.
• Exterior: 10.6W x 6.7D x 19.3H in.
• 27 x 17 x 49 cm
• Interior Camera Chamber: 7.7W x 3.5D x 9.1H in.
• 19.5 x 9.0 x 23.0 cm
• Toploading Compartment: 13.9 liters
• Weight: 2.9 lbs / 1.3 kg
• Fits: Pro DSLR without grip with lens attached; flash; hydration reservoir (not included); personal items like a hat, light jacket, trekking or ski poles, snack, cell phone, keys, etc.
• MSRP: $199.99
The Apres polarized interchangeable sunglasses are an all-around great pair of sunglasses that can be worn before, during and after sports. These glasses provide supreme protection from the sun and the elements. The Snap-Back Interchange lens system enable you to switch lenses to ensure that you have the right protection for a variety of light conditions and activities.
• Single Snap-Back™ Interchangeable Lens System
• Eyebrow Venting
• Cam Action Hinges
• Rhyno-Tuff® Air Frames
• Venting, Cushionol™
• Mastoid Temple Grip™
• Anti-Ocular Intrusion System®
• MSRP: $109 - $129
Magellan's eXplorist 710
The eXplorist 710 handheld GPS has been designed to be the ultimate outdoor navigation devices, whether users are on the trails, in the mountains, or off shore. Theis GPS can guide you from your front door to the trailhead. Also with the addition of Navionics’ highly detailed marine and lake charts will enable boaters and fishermen to rely on the eXplorist as their primary navigation device while on the water. Magellan now has a huge catalog of premium digital maps that can help eXplorist users navigate to just about anywhere on the planet. The eXplorist 710 also works with DigitalGlobe's satellite and aerial imagery. Satellite and aerial imagery are powerful and advantageous tools in the outdoors. Geocachers may spot obvious obstacles to avoid or trails to aid in reaching hidden treasures safer and faster.
• Core Outdoor Navigation Rugged and waterproof, the eXplorist combines high sensitivity GPS reception with aesthetic mapping and accurate navigation.
• Experience Recording Integrated 3.2 mega-pixel camera, microphone, and speaker enables outdoor enthusiasts to record geo-referenced images and voice notes.
• Superior Maps with 3D Perspective View
• 3.0" Touch Screen and Button Controls
• 3-axis Electronic Compass & Barometric Altimeter
• Paperless Geocaching
• 16 Hours of Battery Life Powered by two AA batteries
• OneTouch™ Menu Magellan's award winning OneTouch™ favorites menu is now on our handheld devices. It provides instant access to bookmarks of favorite places.
• World Edition Pre-loaded Map
• Summit Series USA
• City Series
• Navionics® Map Compatibility
• MSRP: $549.99
Briggs & Riley Exchange 26 Duffle Bag
Two bags in one—easily convert our Exchange Duffle into a backpack with our quick-convert backpack suspension. Simply zip-away the back panel for access to padded backpack harness with sternum strap. One smart bag.
• Zip-away back panel gives access to padded backpack harness with sternum strap for convenient "hands free” carrying
• Easy pack main compartment
• Quick access side pocket, exterior side pocket convenient for separating smaller accessories
• Removable comfort-flex shoulder strap with pad included
• Zip expansion provides 3" of additional packing space upon demand
• Simple as that® lifetime warranty even covers airline damage—same as all Briggs & Riley bags
• Dimensions: 10" x 26" x 12" / 25.4 x 66.0 x 30.5 cm
• Weight: 3.1 lbs / 1.4 kg
• MSRP: $160.00
Trekr is a camping washcloth that you never need to wash because it rinses clean every time you use it. The nylon doesn’t absorb water so it dries fast and that keeps it from getting smelly. The weave gives it a great exfoliating texture and makes it lather up good. It has an attached elastic loop that serves as its own compression strap so you can roll it up for storage. You could be covered in mud and Trekr will still be clean after cleaning you.
• Quick Drying - Drip dries in minutes.
• Exfoliating - Lathers great and leaves your skin feeling smooth and clean like you had just left the spa.
• Low Maintenance - Never needs washing because it rinses clean every time you use it.
• Odor Resistant - Open weave of non-absorbent fibers in conjunction with rapid drying properties prevents odors.
• Durable - Made out of woven Nylon fibers.
• Compact - 75% smaller than the size of a traditional washcloth, Trekr takes virtually no space and is lightweight.
• Dimensions: 27cm x 27cm
• Weight: 9g
• Material: 100% Nylon
• Dry Time: About 15 minutes
• MSRP: $4.25