This is our biggest Father's Day Gift Guide to date. We struggled trying to narrow it down to only a few products. There are so many great new products that would make any outdoorsy dad happy. We found great packs to some of the best lightweight jackets on the market. We hope that you are able to find that perfect gift for you dad.
Aquapac Upano Waterproof Duffels
The Aquapac Upano Waterproof Duffel sets a new industry standard in lightweight waterproof duffel systems. Featuring a durable welded construction, unique roll-top closure and air-release valve, the Upano will keep your gear safe, sound and dry in spite of 12-hour flights, flooded canoes and rocky campsites. These lightweight, durable duffels come in sizes of 40, 70 & 90 liters and are perfect for bringing wherever you need to keep things dry. They make great bags for traveling or paddling or even just going to the beach. The Upanos' ruggedness belies their light weight, making them perfect for adventures on the move.
• Lightweight but tough, welded construction
• Removable shoulder straps for easy portage
• Air-release valve for easy packing - squeeze the air out as you roll it closed
• Internal ID pocket for airport travel
• Compression straps to minimize volume
• Multiple attachment points for straps or lashing
• Brightly colored ends for higher visibility
• PVC-Free / 0% Vinyl.
• MSRP: 40 Liter - $120.00, 70 Liter - $135.00 and 90 Liter - $145.00
Umpqua Surveyor 1100
The Surveyor 1100 is a substantial improvement over the vests that have remained essentially unchanged since fly-fishing was introduced to America in the late 19th century and surpass any contemporary angling pack on the marketplace in terms of practicality, ease of use and innovation. It makes an ideal gift for any father who loves to fly fish. The Surveyor 1100 is not your typical “fly-fishing” backpack. With an aluminum stay-supported suspended back-panel for proper suspension and ventilation, it features a removable, internal padded laptop compartment, and hide-away dual rod sling and hydration compatibility. To make your backcountry adventures easier, it conveniently integrates with the Ledges Waist Packs and Overlook Chest Pack.
• Suspended back panel with an aluminum stay
• Padded waist belt
• Removable padded laptop compartment
• Dual side water bottle holders
• Front stash pocket is ideal for a rain jacket or extra layer Suspended back panel with aluminum stay for all-day comfort, support and ventilation
• Hide-away dual rod sling
• Hydration compatible
• Side compression to adjust for load
• Dimensions - 12''W x 18''H x 10''D
• Volume - 1100 cubic inches
• Weight - 40oz
If you prefer to travel light, then the Flyway is for you. A standard-style backpack with travel-friendly features like a separate compartment for shoes or dirty clothes and a pack cover that protects shoulder straps when checked, the 43 liter Flyway carries easily and fits enough gear for a long weekend away. A padded sleeve protects your laptop while making it easy to remove at security. Serving double duty, the Flyway is also an excellent pack for day hikes and around town.
• Panel loading
• Water bottle pockets
• Side compression straps
• Ice-axe loop
• Daisy Chain
• Zippered side pockets
• Zippered stash pocket
• Large front pocket with organization
• Travel pack cover included
• Carry handle
• LightBeam single aluminum stay
• HDPE frame sheet
• Dynamic AirFlow back panel
• AirMesh shoulder straps, waist belt, and lumbar
• Ventilating back panel
• MSRP: $129.00
Camelbak HAWG NV
Ideal for cycling, the new NV back panel found on the HAWG NV allows for maximum ventilation through raised yet supportive pods, vertically and horizontally. Each independent pod articulates and stabilizes the load while allowing the back panel to fully flex, wrap and bend to the body movements in riding positions. The H.A.W.G. NV is Camelbak's largest mountain bike pack with ample cargo capacity and integrated rain cover for all-day, all-weather rides.
• Articulating pods for a fully-ventilated back panel that keeps the load off your back.
• Quick Link™ System, 1/4 turn - easy open/close cap, lightweight fillport, dryer arms, center baffling and low-profile design, patented Big Bite™ Valve, HydroGuard™ technology, PureFlow™ tube, easy-to-clean wide-mouth opening
• Helmet hook
• Media pocket
• Dual bike tool organizer pockets
• Four point compression
• Dual waist belt pockets
• Integrated rain cover
• MSRP: $150.00
Deuter Trans Alpine 25
This all-rounder is perfectly suited to almost any activity with all its smart features such as the zipped map compartment in the back section, the easily accessible pockets or the organized main compartment. The rain cover still shines in high visibility neon yellow and has an additional safety light loop, providing better safety margins at dawn and at dusk. With its Airstripes back system, mesh wings and anatomically shaped shoulder straps, the Trans Alpine is super comfortable.
• Airstripes back
• Soft-Edge comfort straps
• Padded edges on the mesh wings and zipped mesh pockets
• Load adjustor straps
• Dividable main compartment
• Helmet holder with stow-away straps
• Two front pockets with zipped valuables pocket
• Compressions traps
• 3M reflectors
• Two stuff compartments
• Mesh side pockets
• Safety light loop
• Easily accessible, zipped map pocket in the back section.
• MSRP: $119.00
ALPS Mountaineering Caldera 5500
The Caldera 5500 is a great internal for all Dads to take along on their backcountry treks. The Caldera was designed with features to make your hike more enjoyable. Beyond the easy to adjust suspension system, front and side pockets, and hydration pocket and port, you can also find an internal horizontal divider to arrange your gear, side compression straps, and extra-large #10 zippers on the lower door. All of these features will ensure that you're ready for a successful and organized hike. So now you're ready for your trip and your pack is full, but you still have a few things to take along... don't worry! The top of the Caldera pack extends with a spindrift collar, so you can "over pack." The top pocket adjusts up and down to keep it in the correct position and we've included an "Over the Top" compression strap to stabilize your extra gear. When it's time to drop the internal and adventure onto a smaller trail, don't worry about bringing along an additional small fanny pack, because our top lid converts to a fanny pack. If that's not enough, the rain cover is INCLUDED! You don't have to worry about spending additional money on accessories; you can find it all in the Caldera. This internal is a great example of what ALPS Mountaineering is all about... giving you great gear at an affordable price.
• Shoulder Strap Padding Wraps to Back for Maximum Comfort
• Top Pocket Converts to a Fanny Pack
• Rain Cover Included
• Dual Aluminum Frame Stays
• Top Loading - Extendable Top Lid
• Spindrift Collar with Draw Cord
• "Over the Top" Compression Strap
• Hydration Pocket & Port
• Front Access to Main Compartment
• Front Mesh Pocket
• Multiple Side Compression Straps
• Lower Side Bottle Pockets
• Lower Door - #10 Zipper
• Internal Horizontal Divider
• Small & XL Waistbelt Options Available
• Capacity: 5500 in³ (90 L)
• MSRP: $199.99
Fjallraven Rucksack No.21
Perfect for the dad who loves packs. A classic luggage option for everyday use and travel, the Rucksack No.21 Small features specialized compartments for a laptop and thermos/water bottle. Made from strong, waxed fabric and with details in natural tone leather. It also has a removable seat pad and the top lid is held in place by straps that attach to metal nubs on the front. Padded straps and back provide added comfort and support.
• Zips: YKK
• Depth: 12 cm
• Height: 42 cm
• Width: 25 cm
• Laptop sleeve: up to 13
• Volume: 15 L
• Weight: 920 g
• Material:: G-1000
• Infused with Greenland Wax for eco-friendly wind and water resistance
• Available in five colors.
• MSRP: $150.00
For big comfort and support on a massive scale, the MondoKing™ mattress offers a full 4 inches (10 cm) of ultra-responsive, body-contouring foam in a huge pad that maximizes space and comfort. The fabric shell provides next-to-skin softness while the rugged bottom resists punctures wherever you camp, offering long-lasting support for years to come. The MondoKing™ mattress compresses to a surprisingly reasonable travel size. Stuff sack included.
• Big Comfort: Huge mattress offers maximum space and comfort. The XXL version is more than half as wide as a Queen size bed.
• Thick: 4 inches (10 cm) of warm, compliant foam for comfort no matter where you camp.
• Durable Comfort: Woven top provides next-to-skin comfort; rugged bottom resists punctures.
• R-Value: 11.4
• Weight: 4 lbs. 11 oz. / 2130 g
• Width: 25 in / 63 cm
• Length: 77 in / 196 cm
• Thickness: 4 in / 10 cm
• Packed dimension: 7 X 26 / 18 X 66
• Volume: 7700 cu. in
• Top fabric type: 75d Diamond Ripstop Polyester
• Bottom fabric type: 75d Polyester
• Core: Solid PU Foam
• MSRP: $159.95
Part of the Wolverine No. 1883 Collection, Wolverine Horace pairs the traditional finish of a wingtip brogue with a bright, lightweight EVA outsole in a variety of eye-catching hues. With a soft full-grain leather upper featuring perforated wingtip brogue detail, the Horace offers classic style with a modern twist.
• Full-grain leather upper
• Printed knit fabric footbed
• Lightweight EVA outsole
• MSRP: $130
This year is ECCO Shoe’s 50th Anniversary and with that comes some great shoes. One pair your dad will love is the ECCO Mind. Chief Designer Niki Tæstensen wanted both to celebrate the past and point to the future when he set out to create ECCO Mind. What he came up with is a classic moccasin style with contrasting laces for a modern twist. Uppers made from super-soft camel nubuck and each shoe comes with two shoe laces, one in cream and one in a bright color. And the direct-injected sole cushions the foot with the best, all-day comfort that technology can currently provide.
• ECCO's first real moccasin made with direct injection technology
• Uppers made of camel nubuck
• Leather lining
• Glued-in leather footbed with 2mm foam
• Direct-injected, three component outsole with double shot PU with rubber
• Lining is moisture absorbent and breathable
• Leather footbed for additional comfort and breathability
• Light and flexible sole with a unique design
• MSRP: $170.00
For the climber dad that's got big goals for the season, get him a pair of Evolv shoes to help him send! For the long, adventurous multipitch climb, the Astroman is a perfect match. They offer Evolv's signature TRAX rubber for solid grip. The lace up Astroman, dialed for the long day, are comfortable, offer ankle and Achilles padding and protection, offer solid edging and a low-profile toe for easier jamming.
• Mid-top upper for ankle and medial and lateral malleolus protection
• Low profile forefoot for increased ability for jamming in thin cracks
• Durable leather upper
• Leather foot bed
• The padded Achilles patch provides comfort and allows free articulation of the ankle for precise toe placement
• MSRP $145.00
Ariat Rambler Square Toe
Originally designed for ranch and farm use, the Rambler Square Toe gets a modern vintage upper update that transitions from work to everyday wear. An antiqued leather brings a broken in aesthetic, while Ariat’s signature Advanced Torque Stability technology provides durability and comfort. A Duratread™ outsole absorbs shock during tough use.
• ATS™ technology
• Duratread™ outsole absorbs the road shock.
• Technology : ATS
• Toe Shape : SQUARE
• Outsole Composition : Rubber
• Shaft Height : 11"
• Heel Type Height : 1.625"
• MSRP: $159.95
For the active Dad, the Rotpunkt features a specialized Vibram® sole and GORE-TEX® lining best suited for outdoor use over rocky, uneven surfaces. Modern athletic styling makes the shoe a great & comfortable every day option as well.
• Available with GORE-TEX or leather lining
• Traditional eyelet lacing
• Full length shock absorber
• Protective rubber rand
• Sizes: 6 - 13
• Weight: ca. 430 g (Size 7)
• Upper: Sportvelours and Cordura
• Lining: Leather
• Sole: Vibram Crack Low
• MSRP: $190.00
Prospecs-USA Trail 401 Shoes
Perfect for any Dad who wants to hike with their children this summer, the trail shoe will help him create memories, encourage weight loss and get in some quality time with nature. With an enhanced anti-skid outsole that is highly adaptable to changing weather conditions and a MoveFrame™ cell for added support, this shoe provides extensive stability on uneven ground. The Walking Impact Zone features proprietary Flubber™ for added cushioning in the heel, while the elastic quick-lace systems allows for quick adjustments on the trail.
• 11.9 oz., 11.5 mm heel-to-toe drop (forefoot height: 18.5 mm, heel height: 30mm)
• Lightweight MoveFrame™ technology provides comfort and extra stability in a variety of outdoor environments
• Elastic quick-lace system
• Seamless upper construction allows for lightweight performance
• Outlast for temperature regulation
• Walking Impact Zone insole
• MSRP: $149.00
Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer Hooded Jacket
Weighing in at only 2 oz., dad should never be caught off guard without a jacket. This jacket is so unique that only one mill in the world is capable of making its special fabric. With its ability to stuff into its own pocket, this jacket is perfect for anyone looking for a lightweight, wind and water resistant jacket.
• Super ultra-lightweight shell.
• Wind and water resistant.
• Easily packable—stows in built in pocket.
• Low profile hood for a snug fit.
• Reflective trim for visibility.
• MSRP: $165.00
Westcomb Crest Hoodie
The Westcomb Crest hoodie is top of the list for my best gear of the spring. It's a 5 ounce windshell made of Pertex Equilibrium. Belay stations can be windy, and nothing cuts the chill like a reliable wind shell. The Crest’s wind resistant Pertex Equilibrium shell offers light mechanical-stretch providing unrestricted motion in action while the duel-filament fabric structure efficiently wicks sweat away. Minimalist, packable, and incredibly light-weight. You won’t notice it’s on, except for the incomparable comfort it provides when you’re on the move.
• Athletic hood
• 1 Napoleon pocket
• YKK 2-way VISLON
• Low profile molded cuff tabs
• Raglan sleeves
• Pertex® Equilibrium®
• 18 SPI
• Laminated zippers
• Laminated cuff & hem
• MSRP: $140.00
Stio Men’s First Light Jacket
A versatile, full-zip jacket that looks great and functions seamlessly alone or fits comfortably underneath technical shells, the First Light is perfect for an early-morning spring run or a sunset bike ride. Stio’s Meridian Stretch Mini-Ripstop allows for great mobility and comfort while keeping you warm on cool day. The First Light includes a zippered chest and two hand pockets for ample storage, reflective piping set into the seam on the front and back for visibility, and features a high density Stio Pinecone logo.
• Stio™ Meridian™ Stretch Mini-Ripstop, 100% Nylon, 20 denier, 46 g/m2 with 80/20 DWR
• Brushed mesh lining wicks away moisture
• Custom Stio™ YKK® reverse coil zippers
• Zippered chest pocket and hand pockets add functionality
• Reflective piping set into seam on front and back body for visibility
• Fully adjustable hem with low profile cordlocks seals out elements
• Contrast seam binding finishes interior
• High Density Stio™ and Pinecone logos
• Single layer nylon pits reduce weight
• Center back length 28 ½”, size M
• MSRP: $105.00
L.L.Bean Ascent Power Stretch Hooded Jacket
This performance fleece has built-in stretch for easy mobility during your favorite outdoor sports. Made of innovative Polartec® Power Stretch® fleece, a stretchy polyester/spandex blend designed with a smooth, hard-face exterior that beads moisture. It's also highly wind, tear and snag resistant and moves with you without binding, making it ideal for rigorous hikes and climbs. Inside, a breathable fleece backer wicks away sweat so you stay comfortable and dry. Slim, snug-fitting hood slides under a helmet. Lower hand pockets are easy to access while wearing a pack. Inside stash pocket.
• Polartec Power Stretch fabric is highly wind
• Weather and tear resistant
• Wicking fleece backer inside for comfort
• Designed to stretch with you, making it a great choice for hikes and climbs
• Slim, snug-fitting hood slides under a helmet
• Best with lightweight layer
• Falls at hip.
• MSRP: $139.00
Aqua-Bound Manta Ray Carbon kayak paddle
The Manta Ray Carbon kayak paddle has more horsepower for big boats, high-angle paddlers and moving water. With the lightweight carbon fiber blade providing extra strength and stiffness along with the low swing weight pure carbon shaft, this kayak paddle is a first class touring choice!
• Ovalized Shaft: 100% Carbon
• Blade Width: 7.25in
• Blade Length: 18in
• Blade Surface Area: 104 sq.in. (671 sq.cm)
• Paddle Weight: 29.5 oz. (836 g)
• Paddle Length: 210, 220, 230, 240, 250cm
• Ferrule System: NEW Posi-Lok ferrule
• Price: $189.95
Redington Topo Outfit
If you've always wanted to get into fly fishing put been turned off by figuring out which rod goes with which reel and line, then the Topo Outfit is for you. A complete outfit with rod, reel, line, extra tippet, nippers and even a box of six flies, the Topo Outfit takes the guess work out of gear. Available in one size, this outfit works great for catching panfish and bass out of backwoods lakes and trout out of high mountain streams.
• Topo rod: 9’, 5wt, 4-piece easy-to-cast, high performance graphite fly rod with a carbon fiber reel seat for ultra-lightweight, ideal for backpacking
• Alignment dots for easy rod set up
• Half-wells handle for extra sensitivity when fishing
• Crosswater Reel: Large arbor design for easier and quicker retrieve
• Strong disc drag system for great fish stopping power
• Pre-spooled RIO Mainstream® WF5F fly line with front loop
• 9’ 5x tapered leader
• 100 yds. / 20# backing
• Topo Package: Six (6) high floating, durable and easy-to-see foam dry flies packed in a custom Redington sealed fly box: Olive Foam Caddis Size 14, Tan Bullet Hooper Size 10, Hi-Vis Foam Ant Size 16, Hi-Vis Foam Beetle Size 12, Foam Adams Mayfly Size 14, Foam BWO Mayfly Size 16
• Nippers for cutting excess line, tippet or tail ends of knots (convenient lanyard included)
• Extra spool of tippet for those active days of fishing
• Lightweight rod & reel case with adjustable strap for convenient travel or backpacking
• MSRP: $199.95.
Whether dad is young or in his golden years, he'll appreciate the classic aviator styling of the Haskill. These shades offer Native's N3 Polarized Lens technology for filtering and eye protection, co-injection molded Rhyno-Tuff frames for superior durability for even the hardest using dads. Other great features are grip and venting for those hot summer days.
• N3™ Polarized Lenses NEW
• Co-Injected Molding NEW
• Polarized Crystal® [P.C.C.®] Lenses
• Venting Systems
• Mastoid Temple Grip™
• Anti-Ocular Intrusion System®
• Rhyno-Tuff® Air Frames
• Cushionol™ Nose Pads
• Cushionol™ Temple boots
• Cam-Action Hindges™
• Folding Plate technology™
• MSRP: $159.00-$179.00
Primus Profile Dual
Perfect for dad that loves to cook and barbecue, the Profile Dual features a 3360 W burner and a BBQ grill burner with stainless steel drip tray. A non-stick coating allows for easy clean up. The Profile Dual has separate controls for the 12,000 BTU stove burner and a 9,700 BTU grill. It also comes with a piezo ignition so you don't have to worry if you left the matches at home.
• Weight: 5.4 kg (11.9 lbs.)
• Dimensions: 590 x 120 x 320 mm (23.2" x 4.7" x 12.6")
• Output: 3360+2850 W (12,000+9700 BTU/h)
• Boiling Time: 3 min
• 1-10 People
• MSRP: $139.00
Highgear’s new altimeter watch the Alti-XT features an easy-to-read dot matrix screen and dedicated ABC buttons, making it super easy to navigate and get data on the fly without having to scroll through mode button. Through the graphic altitude display, you can visually track each trip on screen while using stats such as minimum and maximum altitude and rate of ascent and descent, and then store all trip info (up to 80) in the logbook with data recall. The barometer also displays graphic pressure trends on screen and forecasts weather for upcoming trips. A digital compass, a thermometer, a 100-hour chrono, and daylight savings and sunrise/sunset time options round out the electronic features on the Alti-XT (also available with a negative LCD).
• Minimum and Maximum Altitude
• Total Ascent and Descent
• Stores up to 80 Altimeter Logbooks with
• Digital Compass
• Rotating Bezel
• Button Lock Option
• Mineral Glass Lens
• EL Backlight
• 50m Water Resistant
• User Replaceable Battery
• MSRP: $140.00