It’s the world’s first kinetic energy charger for hand-held electronics. It makes renewable energy generation personal, empowering individuals to, quite literally, make strides in reducing their personal carbon footprint. The nPower PEG is great for outdoor enthusiasts who need to charge GPS or other devices as well as for college students who are always plugged in.
Kinetic Energy Generation: Output varies widely by user, activity, and the device being charged. For example...
• 5 minutes of walking provides approximately 1 minute of talk time on an iPhone 2G
• 10 minutes of walking provides approximately 1 minute of talk time on an iPhone 3G
• 1 minute of walking provides approximately 1 minute of listening time on an iPod Nano
- Outer Casing: Titanium
- Color: nPower Green, anodized finish
- Size: 9” tall,
- Top & Bottom Cylinders: 1” diameter, Center Cylinder: 1.5” diameter
- Weight: 12 oz. (just under)
- Energy Storage Capacity: 1000mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- Voltage: 5V DC, 500mA output range
- Watts: 2.5 Watts
- Operating Temperature: -30 C to 60 C (-22º to 140º F)
- Compatibility: USB 2.0 Standard
Connectors: The nPower PEG connects to hand-held devices through an iGo cable and interchangeable iGo adapter tips. There are approximately 100 iGo tips available, and these tips are compatible with over 3,000 different hand-held devices. The most commonly used tips are available at www.nPowerPEG.com
Input: You can charge your PEG’s internal battery through your kinetic energy, as well as through a USB port on a computer or USB wall charger. If you plan to use the PEG as a back-up charger to extend battery life when you’re away from the grid, it’s recommended that you start with a charged PEG, place it vertically in your bag, and go about your daily activities. As you walk, run, or bike, your PEG will continually top off its internal battery so that you’ll have power when your hand-held device’s battery is low. If your phone dies multiple times per week, you’ll want to charge your PEG through the USB port more frequently.