- sYnc A.C. suspension
- Backdraft Air Channeled backpanel
- Slide n’ Lock adjustable harness
- variCant dual-pivoting/fully adjustable hipbelt
- Deployable accessory pocket w/ hydration holster
- Easy access hydration sleeve under the top lid
- 8 gear loops stays
- 10 pockets + main compartment
- Quick-clip accessory clips
- 2 adjustable ice axe loops
- Volume: 55 liters
- Weight: 4lbs 10oz
- Fits Torso 17-22 inches
Two more items that Mile High Mountaineering make are the stackers and pillow stackers. The stackers are pack shaped block compression sacks that stacks perfectly in their packs, or luggage, for a simple and very space efficient packing system. Available in medium or large.
Med.- 9oo cu. in. 14.8 liters.
Lg.- 1200 cu. in. 19.7 liters
The Stacker Pillows are also pack shaped zippered cube that doubles as organized storage and a comfortable pillow. The pillow has soft micro fiber on one side and a zipper on the other side to load soft items such as clothing to give the pillow its loft. It pairs well with the compression stacker as it can be placed inside with other contents and compressed for ultimate packing efficiency.
Med.- 425 cu. in. 6.8 liters.
Lg.- 500 cu. in. 8.2 liters.
The next pack is not really just on pack but a whole bunch of packs. CamelBak redesigned and reinvented every key performance feature of the reservoir and it is called Antidote. All of their packs have been redesigned to work with the Antidote reservoir. Some of the key feature are:
- Redesigned Fill Port: Widest opening on the market with a cap that is easily opened and locked closed with a simple quarter turn. The Antidote fill port is 19% lighter and 28% lower profile than previous Omega reservoirs, even with additional features such as integrated dryer arms.
- Lower Profile: Internal reservoir baffle reduces stack height 24% compared to previous Omega reservoirs for a flatter and more streamlined shape when full; the baffle also minimizes sloshing and barreling when the reservoir is in the pack.
- More Stable: Handle drop slot integrates the reservoir in the pack, maximizing stability as well as making loading and unloading of the reservoir fast and easy.
- Easier to Clean: Integrated dryer arms fold out from behind the fill port, opening the reservoir for a complete air dry; larger fill port allows any size hand to reach into all areas of the reservoir for easy cleaning.
- Quick Link System: Click-in connectivity with auto shut-off allows customization with enhanced accessories, including the Fresh™ Filter that provides better tasting water on demand and the Insulated Tube with Flow Meter™ to keep water colder longer while monitoring how much water has been consumed and how much remains.
- Big Bite™ Valve with new Ergo HydroLock™: New design engineered to prevent accidental dislodging in locked position. The patented and proven Big Bite Valve has a high flow rate for easy sipping on the move.
Granite Gear has came out with some impressive stuff this year. One pack to keep in mind is Nimbus Core. A completely new concept in backpack design. This pack was developed to carry a bear canister securely. It seems to hold the canister securely and also seems like it would be a useful pack even without carrying a canister. There are two full length lateral pockets that cinch around whatever you place in the CORE or center section of the pack, then a compression flap can be cinched down tight holding everything securely in place.
"We took 20 years worth of feedback from the largest user base in the world and built a reservoir for people who demand the very best in all of their performance gear,” said Jon Austen, Director of Product Management for CamelBak. "We know the only way to perform better is if your gear performs better, and our Antidote hydration system allows you to focus on the activity rather than worry about the next sip.”
- Weight: 3 pounds, 12 ounces
- MSRP: $259.95
- Availability: spring 2011
Next from Granite Gear is the Escape A.C. 60. This pack is built on Granite Gear's new Air Current suspension, using Cordura brand fabrics, making for a comfortable ultralight pack that’s durable and loaded with features.
Escape A.C. suspension is the next step in the evolution of ultralight frame technology. The Air Current consists of a molded sheet and a molded foam pad. Not only does it fit the 3D contours of your back, and is engineered to flex with your movement, the Air Current suspension has integrated air channels, which makes for a cooler carry.
The Escape pack body is a top loader with a floating lid. On the pack’s front, there’s a large stash pocket with stretch panels that can accommodate much of the gear you need to have close at hand. The pack’s LineLoc compression system stabilizes the load without adding much weight. The side pockets are flat, covered with a stretch bottle pocket that’s angled perfectly for bottle access without taking off the pack. There’s also a pocket that perfectly accommodates our Cloud Cover rainfly (sold separately), so it’s always ready in a downpour.
- hyrdation compatible
- hip pack lid
- interchangeable belt
- torso length adjustability on framsheet
- ultralight lineloc micro compression
- rainfly pocket
- Torso Sizes: short | regular
- Weight: 1.42kg | 3lbs 2oz
- Capacity: 60 liters | 3660 cubic inches
- Suspension: Air Current (A.C.) Internal Frame
- Load Capacity: 35lbs | 16kg
The last bag is the lightest of the bunch. It is the Überlight Drysacks from Granite Gear. These sacks are absurdly light—less than half the weight of a comparably sized sil nylon sacks, these roll top bags are waterproof, and have 3X the tensile strength of sil nylon. Made of a material originally used as sailcloth on World Cup sail boats, the Überlight CTF3 sacks set the bar for ultralight storage.
- Waterproof rolltop closure
- The lightest drysack ever! Half the weight of 30-D Sil-Nylon
- Material is transparent allowing you to see contents
- Space saving shape
- TRAMP Vaulted Suspension System, with Ultra Mesh and Corrugated Foam Pods
- Padded and Stowable Waist Belt
- Ultra Durable Pro Air Mesh Padding on Back Panel and Straps
- Dedicated Laptop Pocket (Will accommodate up to 15’’ Laptop)
- Pop Out Side Water Bottle with Stuff Pockets
- Includes Hydrapak Rain Cover
- Zippered Gear/Supply Pocket with Audio Port
- Dedicated Shoe Pocket (Zippered Pocket on Bottom)
- Large Main Pocket w/ Multiple Zippered Organizer Pockets
- Ergonomically Located Reservoir Pocket/Storage
- Silky Slider Sternum Strap