In this Holiday gift guide you will find gifts that will set you back less than $200. We sorted through hundreds of products to find you some of our favorites in this price range. We have some great stuff for hikers, but we also have some great gear for the snowboarder or skier in your life. Once again this is just one of many gift guides that we do each year, so if you can't find what you are looking for, check out one of our other gift guides.
Platypus GravityWorks 2.0L Complete Kit
The GravityWorks 2.0L Filter System simplifies backcountry water filtration. It’s easy; scoop up the dirty water, attach the appropriate adapter, hold the dirty bag above your hydration pack or bottle to quickly filter water directly into it. It’s incredibly fast, easy, is field maintainable with a four-second backflush to clean the filter and works with your system, the way you want it to. The Complete Kit features a 2.0L Dirty collection reservoir with Quick Release fitting, hollow-fiber filter, hoses and a patent-pending Universal Bottle Adapter. The Universal Bottle Adapter is compatible with most water bottles, and also allows users to filter directly into hydration system drink tubes, re-filling reservoirs without needing to remove them from packs.
• Easy, Pump-free filtering
• Fast! 1.5-liters per minute
• Weighs as little as 7.2 oz. (203 g)
• Backflushes in four seconds in any configuration you choose, maintaining optimal performance with no additional parts.
• Proprietary Platy™ zip opening makes collecting water easy.
• MSRP: $109.95
These pac boots take warmth and fashion to a whole new level. The Solitude3 is part of the Peak Collection which combines a rugged, sturdy bottom with an upper that’s all about style, ensuring you will look great in any weather condition. . They also include unique outsoles that protect the user by gripping on snow, ice and in rainy conditions. Pac boots are currently a top boot trend at retail.
• Waterproof suede upper
• Seam sealed waterproof construction
• Removable and recycled 6mm Zylex® liner
• D-Ring lacing system provides an easy, even and secure tit
• Waterproof gusset tongue
• Faux fur snow collar
• EVA midsole provides added cushioning
• Waterproof and flexible synthetic rubber shell
• Height 12.75 Inch / Weight 2.98 lbs. (per pair)
• MSRP: $109.99
Easton Hike Carbon 3 Trekking Poles
Utilizing Rock-Lock clamping system, the three-tier adjustability allows user to set the carbon pole to match changing terrain. The Hike Carbon 3 extended gripping area and adjustable strap optimize durability and responsiveness.
• Lock: (2) Rock-Locks™
• Collapsed: 24.8 inches /63 cm
• Extended: 55 inches /140 cm
• Pair Wt.: 1lb 3oz / 508 g
• High Modulus Carbon construction
• Patented Easton Rock-Lock™ system, fast and easy adjustment
• Tool-free adjustment in any condition or temperature
• Premium EVA ergo grip with performance extension
• Easy-adjust performance wrist strap
• Interchangeable summer & winter baskets included
• Replaceable tungsten carbide tips
• MSRP: $119.00
Mountain Khakis Women’s Old Faithful Sweater
The new women’s Old Faithful Sweater is beautiful and so versatile. You can wear it as a cool weather jacket or as a sweater. The colors are beautiful. Breathable brushed poly has a heathered sweater-knit face for unique look. Princess seams for flattering fit. Sized just right to layer, wear with a tee, or simply by itself. Adjustable snap cuffs with western-notch tab roll easily for playfulness. Interior stash pockets and drop tail hem. There is also a men’s version that looks just as good.
• 12.8oz 100% Polyester
• Anti-Pill Heathered Sweater-Knit Face with Brushed Interior
• YKK® Antique Silver Zipper
• 2 Zippered Handwarmer Pockets
• 3” Brushed Tricot Lined Collar
• Adjustable Snap Cuffs
• Interior Stash Pockets
• Princess Seams for Flattering Fit
• Grosgrain-Reinforced Interior Windflap with Rollover Chin Guard
• MSRP: $119.99
Therm-a-Rest puts NeoAir technology into a plush mattress that's a full three inches thick. In addition to being one of the thickest air mattresses on the market, the Camper features an internal structure that contours to your body and provides support. It's also the most durable NeoAir mattress yet with greater resistance to punctures and wear than any other model.
• Thick & Supportive: NeoAir™ construction offers 3 inches (7.6 cm) of stable support – perfect for side sleepers and comfort seekers.
• Advanced Materials: Woven fabrics and stretch materials create a soft mattress that cradles your body.
• Durable: Tough, 75-d polyester bottom and rugged construction deliver the most reliable long-term performance.
• Compact: Low-bulk construction allows the Camper to compress down to a surprisingly small packed size.
• MSRP: $119.95
Airblaster Ladies Hawaiian Ninja Suit
If you are not familiar with the Ninja Suit it will basically remind you of one-piece long underwear with a built in hood. But it is truly more than your traditional one-piece. The material is 4-way stretch wicking blend that gives you total freedom in flexibility at the same time as keeping you dry and ready for the road ahead. This is cut and fitted for woman specifically. There are also merino wool options as well as some great options for me. I personally love mine for snowboarding.
• Air-Tech 4-way stretch wicking fabric
• Full-length front chest zip
• Thumb loops at wrist cuff to seal out snow
• Circumferential waist zip for ultra-easy #2 access
• MSRP: $119.99
POW Stealth TT GTX Glove
This is a new glove for 2013 and it is based on the popular Stealth glove, but taking to the next level featuring Touchtec, GORE-TEX and fur lined inner cuff. The TT Stealth stays true to its heritage with a great fit and “built to last” promise. This POW Glove keeps your hands and your need to stay connected satisfied.
• Waterproof and Breathable GORE-TEX® Glove
• Touchscreen compatible Touchtec brand leather
• Premium water repellent goatskin leather
• Fur lined inner cuff
• Nose/goggle wipe thumb panel
• MSRP: $125.00
Aqua-Bound Freedom SUP paddle
With a 100% Carbon shaft, contoured palm grip and fiberglass-reinforced proprietary resin blade, the Freedom weighs only 28 ounces, so your time on the water will be less fatiguing. Perfect for intermediate paddleboarders, its stiff, durable blade delivers more power with every stroke. No whippy, wimpy blade here.
• Weight. 29oz (822g)
• Grip. Ocean blue contour palm grip.
• Shaft. 100% Carbon with 10° bend.
• Blade. Ocean blue proprietary resin, reinforced with fiberglass.
• Blade size. 8.5” x 16.5” – 100 sq. in. (645 sq. cm)
• Lengths available: 70” - 80” or 76” - 86” (adjustable in 2” increments)
• MSRP: $139.95
Zodi Extreme Shower
Finally, the Zodi Extreme has been released and is the perfect shower for anyone with an existing stove including cabins, RVs, hunting camps, camping, etc. The Industrial grade stainless steel construction and rugged hand pump operation of the Zodi Extreme Shower make your outdoor experience convenient. Simply place the Extreme Shower on a sturdy and stable two burner stove and in minutes you have a comfortable and refreshing hot shower.
• Industrial stainless steel construction for extra durability
• Heats to about 100°F in 5-10 minutes
• Handy thermometer displays water temperature
• Simply fill with water and place on sturdy and stable two burner stove
• Sealed 1-piece metal hand pump pressurizes system quickly without batteries
• 6-ft shower hose with water-conserving showerhead
• Industrial grade brass on/off valve controls water-flow
• MSRP: $139.95
Hydrapak Bishop Pack
Hydrapak’s new Bishop is a great option for a pack with stability and comfort. The elastic thru-vent padded shoulder straps and contour back panel provide plentiful ventilation and breathability during those steep climbs. Continual access of your pack during your trek is not a problem thanks to the large waist pocket and extended side pocket, perfect for your phone, wallet or other goodies. Comes with a reversible reservoir with shape shift technology to maintain proper back support.
• Air Tread Back Panel with Ergo-Bend aluminum stays for load stability and comfort
• Swivel Tacked Hinged Harness for increased range of fit and comfort
• Thru-Vent padded shoulder straps distribute the weight better than standard foam straps
• Splash Guard Rain Cover included
• Bucket Wrap Helmet Carrier
• Zippered Belt pockets provide a secure, quick-stash area for keys, cash, credit cards Or gels and energy bars
• Fleece-lined device pocket protects phone and electronic devices
• Large front pocket w/multiple internal organizer pockets, elastic loops, and key clip
• Side Zip pockets for quick access to essential items
• Stash Pocket behind the the applied Pocket and body of pack
• Dedicated zippered Reservoir Pocket on back panel
• Sternum strap with wide range of adjustability
• MSRP: $139.99
Tecnica Sottozero F MS
The Tecnica Sottozero F MS is an old school classic pack boot with a new school look that is 30% lighter then traditional boots of its kind. This boot is designed with a nubuck upper and Tecni-lite Pro shell combo that is extremely lightweight and waterproof. The Tecni-Lite Shell is expansed EVA, specifically a two piece bottom unit. A removable premium space-like felt synthetic liner with laminated foil for insulation keeps feet warm and comfortable. The winter grip rubber outsole rounds out the features of this performance winter boot ideal for shoveling snow or heading to the mountains. Sottozero — super lightweight winter boot with new school technologies.
• Material: Leather, Techni-Lite Pro Shell
• Lining: Removable Premium Felt Liner
• Outsole:Tecni-Grip, Lightweight Rubber
• Available in US sizes 7 - 13.5.
• Weight 2.8 lbs
• MSRP: $140.00
K2 PhotoKinetic Pro Goggles
New this year is the introduction of the PhotoKinetic Pro colorway for those looking to turn heads on the hill. It is the flagship model of the K2 Goggles men’s collection, building on its foundation of delivering premium style and performance with an expanded collection of available frame colors. With its technical frame design, the PhotoKinetic offers maximum field of vision and comfort with precise helmet compatibility.
• Optics by Carl Zeiss
• Ri-Pel is a proprietary hydrophobic vacuum coating
• The pantoscopic angle of our goggles ensures maximum vertical field of vision and optical performance
• Frame Size: Large - height: 82mm.
• MSRP: $145.00
Faber North Cliff Snowshoes
The North Cliff snowshoe was created with idea of offering an affordable and easy to use day hiking snowshoe for mountainous terrain. The wing traction decking design makes efficient use of materials, allowing use to build snowshoe that is 20 % lighter than standard aluminum models, as well as making it greener, more affordable and easier to walk with. The North Cliff features a unique three adjustment heel lifter to reduce muscles fatigue during climbs. This snowshoe has all the technical specifications needed for any snowshoer who is looking for a quality, long lasting all around snowshoe.
• “U” Shape
• WTD - The Wing Traction Decking «WTD» is Faber & Co most recent innovation
• 2 rivets attachment point pivot
• Rotation limited at 70 degree to avoid contact with shine bone and ease backward steps and jumps over obstacles
• Binding - Quattro 3ZE
• Front Crampon
• Rear Crampon
• MSRP: $149.99
Orion Method Pack
There are some great packs for carrying a snowboard on the market but there are not many that can carry a board as solid as the Method. The Method Pack is perfect for the boundless snowboarder. Finally an easier way to carry your snowboard, hands free, leaving you able to climb the backcountry to find the perfect powder.
• Two sizes: Small/Medium or Medium/Large
• MSRP: $149.99
Line Hacket Jacket
Featuring 10K waterproofing, detachable powder skirt, pit-zips and media pocket with headphone port, this jacket will ensure skiers stay stoked on the mountain until the lifts stop spinning. When it’s time to come in from the storm and head downtown the city-inspired look of this piece will seamlessly blend-in with any urban locale.
• 10k mm waterproofing
• Pit Zips
• Interior Media Pocket w/Headphone Port
• Removable Powder Skirt with Waist Tabs
• Hoodie cord lock and quick release
• Velcro cuffs
• Higher neck
• MSRP: $169.95
MSR Reactor 1.0L Stove System
The smallest MSR Reactor system is ideal for soloists or two people looking for Reactor performance in the lightest and smallest possible configuration. Not only is the Reactor Stove System fast and fuel efficient, it delivers great performance in the cold and wind of the real world. And with MSR’s proven quality and durability, you can be assured of that performance to pull you through when you need it most. Also available is the MSR Reactor 1.7L Stove System and MSR Reactor 2.5L Stove System.
• Integrated System: State-of-the-art stove and high-efficiency cookware are combined into a compact, self-contained and easy-to-use system.
• Unrivaled Boil Time: Outperforms the competition in head-to-head lab tests—boiling .5 liter of water in just 1.5 minutes—with an even greater advantage out in the real world.
• Unmatched Wind Protection: Heat exchanger completely encloses radiant burner head, virtually eliminating the effects of wind to maintain outstanding boil times and save fuel.
• Maximum Efficiency: Patent-pending radiant burner, heat exchanger and internal pressure regulator produce best-in-class, fuel-sipping efficiency in all conditions.
• Compact: All systems are self-contained, fitting the stove and fuel inside the pot. (1.0L Reactor System nests optimally with our new, smaller-diameter 4 oz. canisters.)
• MSRP: $169.95
Atlas Fitness snowshoe
Upgraded for 2014, the Atlas Fitness snowshoe is a great tool for getting outside to enjoy the winter, and it's great for any experience level. Featuring a new ergonomic and lightweight Speed V-Frame that allows maximum flotation and reduced deck interference, and the award-winning Free Rotating Suspension™ System (FRS) for natural articulation of the joints, the Fitness is easy to slip on and provides a comfortable, secure foot hold.
• Free-Rotating™ Suspension
• Flexible Nytex decking is forgiving and quiet when hiking in the cold, providing durability without the weight
• Twin-Trac™ Toe Crampon
• Heel Cleat
• MSRP: $179.95
Bergans Humle Jacket
A lightweight everyday soft wool/poly blend zip-up hoodie, the Humle is built for most of the calendar. Perfect for travel, urban and mountain living as a standalone piece or for layering. A good alternative to synthetic fleece. It is also available in a women’s style.
• Extended back and fixed hood
• Front pockets and thumb holes on cuffs
• Fabric: 45% Wool/36% Polyester/16% Polyamide/3% other fibers
• Available in men's and women's models
• Men's sizes: S-XXL
• Women's sizes: XS-XL
• Weight: Men size L: 595g Women size M: 495g
• MSRP: $189.00
Topo Designs Klettersack
On the outside of the Klettersack you’ll find 1000d CORDURA® fabric. So it’s built to last, whether you use it to get to the mountain top, the office or the classroom. On the inside, coated pack cloth lines the inner compartment so your things stay safe and enjoy their ride. Other features include natural leather lash tabs, heavy duty straps reinforced with seatbelt webbing, inner drawstring closure, laptop sleeve and zippered top pocket. There are even side pockets to hold a couple water bottles. One thing is for sure, if you need a 22.4 liter pack that can take anything life can dish out, you need the Klettersack from Topo Designs.
• Natural leather lash tabs
• Heavy duty plastic hardware
• Heavy duty straps reinforced with seatbelt webbing
• Inner drawstring closure
• Laptop sleeve and zippered top pocket
• Side pockets for water bottles or additional gear.
• MSRP: $169.00-$189.00
Sierra Designs Capiz Jacket
Designed for active winter use, the Capiz Jacket ($199) is a lightweight hybrid piece insulated with 600-fill DriDown™ in the body and tops of the sleeves. A nylon/spandex stretch knit gusset on the sides and under the arms increases comfort and mobility by venting excess heat while allowing a full, unrestricted range of motion. 75-grams of DriDown™ stay lofty and warm whether you’re working up a sweat or when the snow starts to fly.
• Stretch Side Panels for Increased Mobility
• Two Zippered Hand Pockets
• Slim Fit for Aerobic Pursuits
• MSRP: $199.00
The Osmoz is the only currently available, full-size helmet with a fully-integrated goggle. To avoid the fit issues that had previously prevented this obvious pairing, Bollé developed the highly adjustable Rocken™ lens system, a simple mechanical device that allows the goggle to slide forward and, at the same time, swivel upward. The benefits include: lighter weight and a sleeker, more aerodynamic profile. Combining these two pieces of essential gear gave the Bollé design team an opportunity to take a more comprehensive approach to managing ventilation, resulting in an entirely new feature: Advanced Airflow Connection. Strategically directing air movement between the shield and helmet optimizes ventilation, improving comfort and reducing fog.
• Interchangeable spherical polycarbonate lens
• Advanced Air-Flow Connection
• Detachable, washable lining with soft facing
• Goggle strap guide
• Certification: ASTM/EN1077
• Weight: 490g
• Inmold Construction
• Removable Ear Pads
• Audio Kit
• Fit System
• Adjustable Air Flow Vents
• MSRP: $199.99