Father's Day is a great time to remember those dads that helped us learn to love the outdoors. I can remember from an early age being up in the mountains hiking or in the winter in the backcountry on snowmobiles. I know that my dad loved the outdoors and was always trying to help us learn to love them as well. This guide has a few products that would make any dad a happy man.
Mountain Hardwear Super Chockstone Jacket
Dad will be protected and comfortable in this outstanding and versatile climbing jacket made with an abrasion-resistant, air-permeable, softshell fabric that offers protection from the sun and wind. With its lightweight and superior mobility, it layers well over a base layer or under a shell in multiple conditions. Boasting UPF 50 for sun protection and a waist cinch that’s single-hand adjustable, the Super Chockstone Jacket makes a great second layer for most alpine pursuits.
• Abrasion-resistant, air-permeable, lightweight softshell fabric
• Low-profile hood for snug fit
• Elastic cinch adjustment on hem
• DWR finish repels water
• Weight: 13.1 oz.
• Center Back Length: 28"
• Chockstone™ Doubleweave Softshell
• 91% nylon, 9% elastane
• MSRP: $135.00
Keen Gallatin CNX
Does your dad love to play in the water? The Gallatin CNX is a ultralight, full-coverage, go-for-it water shoe. The amphibious rubber sole has flex grooves that move with the foot and razor siping for a secure grip. The low-profile PU midsole provides support with a natural feel and secure bungee lacing system finish the fit. Perfect for the dad that loves the water!
• 4mm midsole drop
• Contoured arch for added midfoot support
• Lightweight PU midsole
• Metatarsal ridge for natural underfoot support
• Multi directional flex grooves for natural flexibility and improved ground contact
• Razor siping for improved ground traction
• Secure fit lace capture system with 2mm bungee lace
• TPU stability shank
• Washable polyester webbing upper
• Weight: 9.4 oz/266 g
• MSRP: $110.00
Olympia RG850 Flashlight
The RG850 is a great gift for adventurous dads – a reliable high performance LED flashlight to provide him with the best lighting solution for every outdoor adventure. Whether Dad is an avid hiker, fisherman or simply a backyard camping warrior, the Olympia RG850 flashlight combines powerful lighting with a rugged waterproof design and convenient emergency settings, making it the go to flashlight for every outing. The RG850 flashlight is loaded with practical features to keep dad prepared for changing lighting conditions and provide peace-of-mind in the most challenging settings. It features five unique light settings including low, medium, high, strobe and SOS for emergency situations. The model also comes equipped with a rechargeable battery that allows users to recharge the battery while in the flashlight via a micro-USB cable. It is completely waterproof and meets IPX-8 standards, withstanding submersion of up to two meters for 30 minutes. So, dad can pack on weekend paddling expeditions and doesn’t have to worry if he accidentally drops the flashlight in the stream or gets caught in a sudden rain shower.
• Waterproof (IPX-8 standards)
• 850 lumens
• 5 light settings: (high, middle, low, strobe, SOS)
• 5 memory light settings: (automatically memorizes last setting/mode after being in any one of the five light settings for 3 seconds)
• Complies with ANSI FL 1 standard
• Beam distance: 389 meters
• Peak Beam Intensity: 12045 candelas
• Aircraft-grade aluminum with type lll anodized anti-abrasive finish
• CREE-XML – U2 LED
• Micro-USB charging port
• Dual power, works with 2*CR123 batteries (not included) and rechargeable *18650 battery (included)
• High performance metal smooth reflector
• Reverse-polarity protection
• Smart circuit for rechargeable batteries
• MSRP: $89.99
Korkers was the first boot that I ever saw that used the OmniTrax Interchangeable Sole System. This system gives you the option to change out your sole to adapt to different situations and terrain. The Buckskin is a high performance, fishing wading boot that combines comfort and function to help dad master catch that big fish. Built with hydrophobic materials the Buckskin dries quickly. And each pair come with 2 OmniTrax outsoles so dad can adapt his traction to any fishing condition.
• Hydrophobic materials faster dry times lessen the chance of spreading invasive species.
• Durability enhanced midsole, scratch rubber toe cap extends to side panels, rubberized anti-abrasion synthetic material.
• Drainage integrated, large drainage ports and internal drainage channels.
• Traditional laces durable metal hardware provides secure fit.
• 2 lbs 15 oz per pair
• MSRP: $129.99
For the dad that loves to fish, give the gift that gives all year long. Tackle Grab is the leading online subscription box service for the recreational and sport-fishing industry. Since its inception, Tackle Grab has been delivering monthly boxes of high quality lures and terminal tackle to fishermen throughout North America. The lures are customized to members' geographic location and unique fishing needs. Targeted at the 60 million men and women in the U.S. who participate in fishing each year, Tackle Grab endeavors to help each member, ranging in age from 12-65+, discover new tackle and enjoy successful fishing experiences by delivering tackle that best corresponds to their type of fishing.
• Tackle Grab is offering several Father’s Day specials all with free shipping: 12 month subscription for $130 (regularly $180), six month subscription for $65 (regularly $90), and three month subscription for $35 (regularly $45).
Mindshift Rotation180° Panorama
Does your dad love to hike, but equally love to take picture while hiking? If so, the MindShift rotation180° Panorama is the perfect bag for him. Designed for hikers who carry cameras, binoculars, GPS devices, nature identification books, maps, iPads, and more, the rotation180° Panorama’s beltpack rotates to the front for quick gear access and without first having to take off the backpack or even stop hiking. It features two tripod carrying options and an extra-large dedicated 100 oz. capacity hydration reservoir pocket. It has additional room for a jacket, hat, gloves, lunch, and more. Lightweight at under three pounds, the rotation180° Panorama backpack also has as the removable beltpack which can be worn separately for shorter outings. The breathable padded airflow harness with daisy chain includes an adjustable sternum strap and load lifters. And, at its design core, it has a pre-curved back panel with single aluminum stay for pack stability.
• Rotating beltpack for rapid access to trail essentials: Camera, iPad, maps, binoculars, etc.
• 3 tripod-carrying options
• Lightweight, only 2.9 lbs
• Side pocket for keeping small necessities handy
• Additional room for jacket, 1-2 layers, hat, gloves, lunch, etc.
• Removable beltpack can be worn separately for shorter outings
• Load-lifter adjustable straps on both the beltpack and shoulder harness
• Breathable padded airflow harness with daisy chain
• Curved back panel with single aluminum stay for pack stability
• Modular rail to attach a Lens Switch Case* or Filter Hive*
• Attachment points for Tripod Suspension Kit*
• Panorama Photo Insert fits in the top portion of pack and provides extra carrying capacity for photo gear
• 2 seam-sealed Rain Covers* (sold together) function with the rotation design for extra protection in heavy downpours
• MSRP: $199.99
The outdoor fitness Dad has more than just enjoying time outside to keep in mind when exercising. Hydration is key to staying safe. VestPac has eliminated some of the complaints of other hydration packs and designed a customizable, streamlined design. It's lightweight and doesn't carry the bulk of others, has 3D Airmesh™ moisture wicking fabric and an easy access front pocket for storing phones, keys and ID. Dads of all sizes are comfortable with elastic straps and a BPA free reservoir which holds one liter of water. A great gift for Dads who are avid hikers, bikers, runners, cyclists, anglers, and water sport enthusiasts.
• Weight: 16.9oz
• Size: 15x12x2in.
• Price: $74.95
Outdoor Technology Buckshot
The Buckshot is a super-portable, multifunctional, rugged and water-resistant Bluetooth speaker featuring the same angular, triangle-themed design that is signature to many of the other products in the Outdoor Tech lineup. The rugged, rubberized exterior means it's no big deal if dad drops it from time to time, and the built-in speakerphone and microphone mean he can have little hands-free calls wherever he want. The included bicycle mount allows him to mount the Buckshot to his bicycle handlebars or anything else with a similar profile (even a backpack strap). Streaming crystal clear audio for a range of up to 32 feet for 16 hours on a single charge, compact and portable music has never been a more viable option.
• Wirelessly connect to any Bluetooth-enabled device
• Included bicycle handlebar mount accessory
• IPX5 dust and waterproof standard
• Rugged, minimal design
• Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
• 16 hours of hi-fi sound or talk time
• Range of up to 33 feet from device
• Package includes USB charging cable, bar mount accessory, soft carry bag, and user manual
• MSRP: $49.95
Travel Chair SleepRite Cot
The SleepRite Cot is not going to be for everyone, but for those looking for a great night sleep this is a great option. If you struggle sleeping on a pad or the ground, I would recommend looking into the lightweight cot. The SleepRite cot sets up quick and is comfortable. Under 5 lbs, it is small enough to fit into your backpack, this camping cot has 20 fewer parts than lesser luxury cots. Set up is intuitive and simple. Cross supports are ergonomically positioned to keep you comfortable and off the ground while supporting your body in all the right spots.
• Drawn aluminum
• No parts to loose
• Open – 78”x 30”x 6”
• Closed - 18”x 7.5”x 5.5”
• Cot height - 6”
• Weight - 4.95 lbs.
• Weight capacity - 300 lbs.
• Anodized aluminum frame
• 600D polyester
• Ergonomically designed
• MSRP: $197.99
Metolius 000 TCU Micro Cam
The 000 Micro TCU is the lightest micro-cam on the market, allowing climbers to protect even the thinnest lines. A narrow head width offers maximum placement options, while an optimized cam angle provides increased holding power. The 000 Micro TCU is designed with a U-shaped body for greater durability and control during placement and retraction. With cam lobes cut on a CNC machine, the 000 Micro TCU has greater precision than stamped or extruded cams. The 11 mm Monster Sling webbing offers a light, strong and secure attachment point.
• Strength: 5 KN
• Range: 0.26-0.4"
• Weight: 0.9 oz.
• Hand built, inspected and individually tested in Bend Oregon
• MSRP: $59.95
Freewaters Men’s Izzy Sandal
The Izzy’s Therm-a-Rest ™ proprietary formula and ridge pattern footbed provide comfort, grip, flexibility and airflow while diverting water away from the foot. Superb arch support, water friendly vegan materials held together with water-based glue, a cork strap and Launch Pad lining make this the perfect sandal for any adventure.
• Natural Cork: water friendly & Vegan.
• Soft webbing toe strap.
• Therm-a-Rest footbed provides instant soft comfort, grip, flexibility, flushes out water and air cools the foot.
• Arch Cookie: very supportive yet natural feeling arch support.
• Assembled with Water Based Glue.
• Sponge rubber provides grip and flexibility.
• This style is Vegan friendly: contains no animal materials or by-products.
• MSRP: $42.00
E-Case Soft-Sided Waterproof Cases
Let’s face it: the kids often get more time with Dad’s phone or tablet than he does. Coughing, sneezing kids with greasy fingers add a filmy layer of nastiness on unprotected devices. Enter E-Case soft-sided waterproof cases that protect electronics from sneeze juice, grease, grime and oil drips from the car he’s fixing. They work equally well for rainy, snowy days in the outdoors. The dual-track SealLock zipper closure offers no fuss, easy access to his devices. Pick his favorite color and call it a day.
• MSRP: Starts at $24.95
Toothpaste 2 Go
For Dads who can't wait to pitch a tent, there's a travel size toothpaste option that doesn't require a trip to the store or lugging the large size to the campsite. Toothpaste 2 Go is a reusable travel toothpaste system that takes your favorite regular size toothpaste at home and allows you to quickly and with no mess, transfer it into a reusable travel size empty tube. Simply screw on one end of the blue coupler to your favorite toothpaste and the other to the empty travel size Toothpaste 2 Go tubes. When Dad heads back home, throw it in the dishwasher and it's ready for the next night under the stars.
• Price: 8.99 On-sale for $6.99 Available online and at The Container Store
White River Knife & Tool Backpacker
White River's all American made (including even the steel) ultra-tough one piece multipurpose lightweight Backpacker is ideal for outdoor utility or survival use. It's useful handle is wrapped with 5 feet of heavy-duty multi-purpose 550 nylon parachute-cord that can be unwrapped for emergency use. The cord is available in a variety of colors from black to bright orange. The Backpacker's CPM S30V steel is a high-dollar premium grade highly-corrosion resistant high-carbon content steel that holds a razor like edge and is claimed by many in the knife making industry (check it out) to be the best blade steel available. The Backpacker comes with a tough cut resistant Kydex sheath that can be worn on belt, in boot or by neck lanyard and has an additional 3 feet of 550 para-cord.
• Blade Length: 3"
• Overall Length:7"
• Hardness: 60 Rockwell C
• Sheath: Custom Kydex
• Steel: High Carbon/Vanadium CPM S30V
• MSRP: $90.00