Not all women like shoes as the stereo type would have us all think. But I do know most women do appreciate good shoes that let them achieve top performance. So for Mother's Day this year, find your mom the shoe that will fit her lifestyle and activities that she loves to do. We have included 11 shoes and 5 different socks that we believe are winners in this guide, but as we all know there are hundreds more out there to pick. As Mother's Day gets closer we hope that these gift guides will be able to help you show your mom or wife just how much you love her.
This powered-up version of Columbia’s original Drainmaker offers great fit and support. When mom’s day takes her in and out of the water, she will want a shoe that can tackle surf and turf equally well. The amphibious Powerdrain does just that with a fully drainable design that features a quick-pull bungee cord on the upper for great fit and side welds for great foot lockdown. The new 3-layer system allows water and air to move easily through the shoe for quick-dry, barefoot comfort, while the Omni-Grip® Wet Grip rubber outsole delivers outstanding traction on slick surfaces.
• Combination mesh, TPU and EVA upper with a TPU toe cap
• Techlite® midsole with drainage ports in heel and forefoot
• Fully drainable footbed
• Omni-Grip Wet Grip rubber with traction lugs
• Weight: Size 7, 1/2 pair= 7.3 oz / 207 g
• MSRP: $95.00
The Maliko, with its split-toe design, provides big toe freedom for keeping balance and adding dexterity while keeping a more desirable aesthetic. Also, the Maliko has a removable, water-resistant insole, providing arch support and heel cushioning and preventing supination and pronation of the foot. The upper is made from quick-drying breathable mesh with lace toggles for an easy, secure fit. There is a molded heel counter for stability and abrasion protection. The outsole has octopus-tentacle inspired rubber suction cup detailing that provides functional traction. The Maliko is built for wet/dry traction in all directions and has variable outsole heights, which can be raised for protection or lowered for flexibility.
• Quick–drying breathable air mesh and abrasion resistant molded toe protection, moisture-wicking synthetic suede heel lining. Injection molded heel and arch chassis provides anatomical foot support, and easy on and off lace toggle.
• Removable three quarter length EVA insole providing the option for those who prefer a more 'barefoot' close-to-the-ground feel.
• Non-marking rubber outsole designed to wrap up in the toe and heel area for durability and protection, water drainage ports on the instep, and octopus-inspired suction cup tread design.
• Split-toe construction for agility and balance, quick-drain water ports, and molded logos.
• MSRP: $100.00
Treksta Edict Trail Runners
Run more than you ever thought possible with the all new TrekSta Edict. Featuring Treksta’s sticky HyperGrip sole and exclusive nestFIT comfort technology, this lightweight trail runner combines the natural fit of a barefoot shoe with the protection and support the trail demands. NestFIT system cradles your feet, accounting for every contour as it follows the natural flow and design of the foot. Upper, insole, midsole, and outsole come together like never before.
• HyperGrip sole provides superior traction.
• Ultralight EVA midsole provides proper amount of cushion and support.
• Triple-density EVA insole supports the arch, cushions key strike zones, and strengthens your stride.
• Highly breathable upper mesh keeps your feet cool and dries quickly.
• Full-length nestFIT shaped nylon shank between insole and midsole provides plenty of protection from varying trail conditions.
• Flat sole profile allows for more ground contact and better ground feel.
• Thin TPU plate protects from rocks.
• 10.9 oz per shoe (M9)
• MSRP: $135.00
Newton Running Gravity Neutral Performance Trainer
Ideal for distances from 5K to the marathon, the Gravity Neutral Performance Trainer features Newton's unique Action/Reaction Technology in both the forefoot and heel, which provides energy return with each step and makes it easier to transition from a high-impact heel strike to low-impact forefoot/midfoot running style known as natural form running.
• Highly breathable, fast-drying, open screen mesh
• Minimal anatomical support strapping
• Metatarsal stretch panels
• Slip-proof laces with heel-securing double eyelets
• Action/Reaction Technology™ forefoot and rearfoot
• Biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate
• High rebound EVA
• Met-flex enhanced forefoot flexibility
• ETC anti-friction, anti-bacterial sockliner
• MSRP: $175.00
Vibram Five Finger Classic Fresca
A fashionable take on the FiveFingers Classic, the Classic Fresca adds an element of style to the model that propelled the brand. Designed for barefoot balance and agility, it has a lightweight, stretch upper with a back pull-tab that allows mom to cinch the topline for an adjustable, secure fit. A hook-and-loop closure holds the tab in place. The Vibram TC-1 performance outsole with serrated blade lug design provides flexibility, durability and optimum traction.
• Upper - Polyester Fabric
• Sole - Vibram TC-1 Plus Rubber
• Footbed - Microfiber + 2mm Polyurethane
• Weight: Women's size 38 - 4.03oz. each, 8.06oz./pair
• MSRP: $100.00
Boreal Klamath Lady Lila
Mom will be happy to wear the Klamath Lady Lila while hiking or even backpacking. Boreal was the first company in the world to use a breathable, waterproof membrane in outdoor footwear. From all of this experience came Dry-Line®. The Dry-Line® System is much more than just a waterproof membrane, it represents a major step forward in the level of protection and comfort that can be expected from outdoor footwear. The CFS technology system allow a greater range of natural movement for both, ascending and descending, while the new HFS system is a padded heel fit system patented by BOREAL. It gives a more precise fit around the heel, to create a more secure shape.
• Uppers : Premium quality waterproof 2 mm Split leather with Teramida SL. HFS padded heel system for a perfect fit. CFS flex system for maximum comfort. Rubber toecap for protection.
• LIining : Boreal Dry-Line® FLS for absolute waterproofness + stay cool breathability.
• Midsole: Boreal PXF. SOLE: Vibram Nuasi. Rubber sole with shock absorbing PU layer.
Sperry Top-Sider SeaRacer GripX3
Whether mom is sailing a dinghy or a big boat, peak performance requires maximum traction. Sperry Top-Sider introduces GripX3 Technology™ for spring 2012. A patent pending innovation that provides sailors ultimate grab and grip through a unique and lab tested combination of Adaptive Wave Siping™ and Hydro-Grip™ rubber.
• Hydro-Grip™ Rubber - Stickiest outsole for maximum on-deck traction
• Adaptive Wave Siping™ - Disperses water underfoot to reduce slippage on wet/dry surfaces
• Sperry Top-Deck 360™ - Full surface grab and grip for all-around performance
• MSRP: $100.00
Dr. Scholl's Shoes Jennie
With gingham accents and touches of color, the Jennie delivers perfectly sweet summer style. Neoprene stretch collar softly hug the foot for a snug fit with natural support while with Energy Wave technology featuring massaging grooves for all-day comfort.
• Canvas and jersey textile, corduroy, or flannel upper in a casual sneaker style with a round toe
• Free Step(TM) minimalist construction creates a natural foot strike
• Lace-up front, side medial eyelets
• Neoprene stretch collar
• Textile lining, removable anatomical insole with Energy Wave(TM) technology featuring massaging grooves
• Traction outsole, flat heel
• MSRP: $60.00
Hi-Tec V-Lite Sheba Strap II
Hi-tec offers a fantastic range of women’s summer sandals, which are both stylish and comfortable. Because our feet change shape during the gait cycle the V-Lite Sheba Strap II work with the foot for the best shape, fit and comfort.
• Premium leather upper
• Hook & Loop fastening for adjustable fit
• Sculpted EVA midsole/footbed for comfort
• V-Lite rubber outsole for traction
• Anti-microbial cork mix EVA footbed
• Durable MDT carbon rubber outsole
• MSRP: $65.00
Cross borders in comfort with Flojos’ Mexico-inspired sandals. Named after the white sandy beaches of Mexico, the Cabo sandals feature a soft cloth strap reminiscent of a Mexican wool poncho. Mom will be enchanted by the Cabo’s memory foam sole and vibrant, multi-color strap.
• MSRP: $37.00
Salomon RX Slide 2 W
If your mom loves to play hard in the outdoors, you will have to check out the RX Slide 2 for her. These shoes are designed to be worn before or after the adventure. This cushioned, comfortable slide is updated with new leather footbed and more breathable mesh. Your mom will thank you for getting these shoes for her after a hard day on the trail.
• Breathable open mesh
• Protective synthetic toe cap
• Fit management
• Optimized fit for Women
• Non marking Contagrip®
• Molded EVA
• Leather footbed
• MSRP: $65.00
Darn Tough Vermont Tulip Shorty Women's Lifestyle Sock
Moms love getting flowers, but the darn things always die so quickly! Black-thumb sons and moms the world over, behold the immortal tulip from the far away Green Mountains! The tulips adorning Darn Tough Vermont's Tulip Shorty Women's Lifestyle socks are guaranteed to last a lifetime, just like the socks they're knit on. Fine-gauge Merino wool yarns are knit to the industry's highest density to provide a lifestyle sock that's ready for anything, from town to trail.
• Made in Vermont, USA
• Unconditionally Guaranteed for Life
• Made of non-itching, shrink-treated Merino wool
• Moisture Wicking
• True-Seamless™ Toe Closure
• Designs inspired by Poppy Gall
• Colors: Plum, Taupe, Oatmeal
• MSRP: $16.00
Dahlgren Footwear Light Hiking socks
The Light Hiking is Dahlgren’s perennial best-selling style. Light weight cushion underfoot and a flat knit instep and leg make this the perfect weight for a versatile, stylish everyday sock that fits in any shoe or looks great with any wardrobe or a tough, hardworking trail sock that will keep mom dry, comfortable and won’t pack down after a long trek. The waffle weave leg speeds evaporation and patented Dri-Stride technology uses unique zone construction to rapidly remove moisture, keeping mom dry and comfortable in any climate, warm or cool.
• Absorption Zones: Blend of Alpaca/Merino Wool
• Transfer Zone: Alternating rings and channels of Alpaca/Merino Wool and ECO-Dri™.
• Evaporation Zone: ECO-Dri™.
• MSRP: $17.95
Lorpen Comfort Life Sock Line
Using Modal, a cellulose fiber spun from the Beech Tree and transformed into yarn, Comfort Life is a fun, functional sock that is soft, comfortable and is more that 50% more water absorbent that cotton. Cotton socks have been around for years, but if you try a pair of Comfort Life socks, you'll never look back. Cotton socks absorb and retain moisture, keeping your feet wet and promoting blisters and hot spots. Available in a variety of colors, patterns and lengths for women, it is easy to find the perfect fit and feel as an everyday sock.
• MSRP: $11.99-$14.99
Thorlos Experia Mini Crew
The mini crew top is cut for runners who prefer a slightly longer top. Designed for high performance runners, cyclists, hikers and fitness walkers who prefer a minimal amount of foot protection. Experia’s design eliminates all but the essential Thorlos exclusive thin cushion padding, which is sculpted and contoured to match the foot’s natural ball and heel strike pattern. The result is protection without weight and an aerodynamic fit that hugs mom’s foot.
• Specially sculpted THORLO pads in the ball and heel provide protection from shear and impact where it is needed. CoolMax Enhanced Performance in the ball and heel pads provides maximum moisture management.
• Ultra lightweight frame of nylon covered Lycra® provides contoured glove-like fit and the strength to support the protective padding.
• Lightweight Achilles pad protects against rubbing and chafing while functioning as a heel lock.
• Mesh fabric in the body reduces weight and increases breathability.
• MSRP: $17.50
SmartWool PhD Outdoor Ultra Light Mini
A great all-around outdoor option, this Women's PhD Outdoor sock has a 4-Degree Fit, WOW(Wool-On-Wool) technolgy, and is sure to stay in place. The 4 degree fit system in the PhD socks is a proprietary four-point sport supportive system that provides an incredibly secure, comfortable fit around the heel, arch and instep. To ensure to get as much wool against your skin as possible SmartWool created WOW technology. Here they have replaced some of the nylon in the high impact zones of the sock, (heel and forefoot) with more Merino wool.
• Knit in USA of 68% Merino Wool, 30% Nylon, 2% Elastane
• 4-Degree Fit System For All Day Performance Fit
• Wow Technology In High Density Impact Zones To Reduce Shock & Abrasion
• Smartwool Inside For Moisture
• Temperature And Odor Control Strategic Mesh Zoness For Maximum Ventilation
• MSRP: $15.95