Looking for new shoes this summer? This guide is full of new shoes for summer 2012. Whether you are looking for a new hiking shoe, running shoe or just a shoe to kick around town in, we have you covered. This is our first summer 2012 shoe guide and we will be putting out a couple of shoe guides that are specific to hiking and running. So if you don't see the shoe of your dreams in this guide, check back soon and see our other guides.
This powered-up version of Columbia’s Drainmaker offers great fit and support. When your day takes you in and out of the water, you want a shoe that can tackle surf and turf equally well. The amphibious Powerdrain does just that with a fully drainable design that features a quick-pull bungee cord on the upper for great fit and side welds for great foot lockdown. Our new 3-layer system allows water and air to move easily through the shoe for quick-dry, barefoot comfort, while the Omni-Grip® Wet Grip rubber outsole delivers outstanding traction on slick surfaces.
• Combination mesh, TPU and EVA upper with a TPU toe cap
• Techlite® midsole with drainage ports in heel and forefoot
• Fully drainable footbed
• Omni-Grip Wet Grip rubber with traction lugs
• Available in Men’s and Women’s Models
• MSRP: $95.00
Searching for the perfect sandal with straight out-of-the-box cushioning – no break-in time necessary? The Updraft sandal is a fresh take on the classic Z sandal - super lightweight and sleek with the much-loved Chaco LUVSEAT™ for support and comfort. The Updraft is built from the ground up with a TPU frame that bridges the foot’s arch as well as ergonomic side heelposts that assist with foot alignment. The sandal is equipped with Custom Adjust’em straps and a Vibram® outsole for superior slip resistance on wet and dry surfaces. Available in men’s, women’s and wide widths.
• Polyester webbing.
• New TPU frame with ergonomic support posts for light-weight fit.
• LUVSEAT™ X03 platform.
• Custom Adjust’em Fit.
• Vibram® Bulloo Outsole. Non-marking.
• MSRP: $110.00
ECCO Men’s BIOM Lite 1.3
The Ecco Biom Lite 1.3 Shoes for men are supple, flexible and keep your feet close to the ground and working efficiently to help strengthen your muscles, almost as if barefoot. The textile uppers are ultra-breathable with synthetic overlays for support and structure while the heel wrap enhances stability and locks in your heel. These Ecco Biom shoes are feather light thanks to the slim midsoles for just enough cushion and the super thin TPU outsoles for grip on any surface without sacrificing flexibility. From a CrossFit workout in the gym to a long weekend training run, the Ecco Men's Biom Lite Textile 1.3 Shoes will keep you in alignment for maximum results.
• Extremely flexible direct-injected PU midsole
• Glove-like fit and excellent breathability
• Highly flexible with excellent grip on multiple surfaces
• Midsole construction is very low to the ground
• Natural foot position, almost as if barefoot
• Simulates barefoot training to strengthen foot and lower leg muscles
• Textile uppers with a reinforced midfoot
• Super thin TPU outsole
• MSRP: $140.00
Fashioned with a removable and fully adjustable nylon strap, the Achilles is ideal for trail, beachside runs or urban exploration. The multi-terrain, 3mm outsole provides maximum proprioception and protection for whichever amphibious activity you choose to attack. Running downhill poses no issue in this 100% Vegan sandal as the split toe guard design offers comfort, control and protection. With the dual density construction, combining a high performance TPU cage and a softer eco PU foot bed, this modern-day Huarache running sandal allows for swift, skillful movement.
• VIVOBAREFOOT's integrated 3D upper-outsole with medial toe bridge to maximize ball of the foot balance and response
• Removable Strap: Fully adjustable and removable nylon strap provide comfort based on personal fit or use preference
• Collar/Panel & Lining: TPU with Eco Nylon Straps
• 3mm insole with hex-flex moisture management system
• Non-toxic, soft, high abrasion TPU with puncture-resistance layer and hex-flex grooves to maximize surface contact for directional grip control
• Outsole Thickness: 3mm: Offering maximum proprioception with protection via the ultra-thin, patented, puncture-resistant sole
• Toe Guard: Split Toe: Offers comfort, control and protection specifically for downhill motion
• Eco Credentials: 100% Vegan
• MSRP: $55.00
Five Ten Diddie Schneider
Who is Diddie Schneider? One of the top bike terrain park builders in the world. Anyone who rides slopestyle, DH, freerider or MX knows that the right track makes all the difference. We’ve worked with champion designer Diddie to produce the ultimate track-building boot, ideal for riding as well as contouring trails. Features include a Nubuck leather upper that fights stains and water; a low-profile, cage-compatible toecap; and a cut-resistant lace-cover. Our outsole package protects the foot and works with the trail, not against it.
• MSRP: $164.95
Employing the exclusive new Vibram Vertical approach sole that simultaneously climbs more effectively and also provides better traction for descending loose terrain, the Crux approach shoe employs a webbing rib cage reinforced with Kevlar for forefoot security. Suede construction molds to the foot over time.
• Forefoot webbing with Kevlar
• Planet Friendly®!
• Rubber toe rand
• Super sticky Vibram sole
• MSRP: $99.00
Tenaya shoes are completely manufactured in Spain, and they have a skill at creating high-performance shoes that comfortable. The Masai: Lace-up is Tenaya's best-seller. This shoe takes extra care to focus power to the big toe for edging on the tiniest features. It is extremely precise and confidence inspiring when pushing to the limits of your ability. The Masai is fully cotton-lined, features a 4mm Vibram XS Grip rubber, and have a synthetic upper. The shoes do not stretch, so you can buy a shoe that fits in the store, and it will stay that size for its whole life.
• MSRP: $140
KEEN Alamosa WP
Luggy, light, waterproof and nimble, this is the perfect fast trail hiker for those on the move. Crafted from nubuck leather, lined with KEEN.DRY waterproof breathable membrane and finished with a metatomical EVA footbed the Alamosa WP keeps feet dry and comfortable whatever the weather. Wide 4mm lugs provide superior trail-grabbing traction.
• 4mm multi directional traction lugs
• Drop in EVA heel insert
• Dual density compression molded EVA and PU midsole
• KEEN.DRY™ waterproof breathable membrane
• Non-marking rubber outsole
• Removable metatomical dual density EVA footbed
• Torsion stability TPU shank
• Waterproof nubuck leather & breathable mesh upper
• Available in Men’s, Women’s, Youth and Kids models
• MSRP: $120.00
Scott Hawaii Kamuela
Got Dirt? The Kamuela from Scott Hawaii is the ultimate in off-road casual footwear. Featuring a deeply grooved, all rubber outsole for unbeatable grip in even the most extreme conditions, this slipper was made for lava walking and trail blazing, but stands in nicely on white, sandy beaches or at the backyard grill. Straps of tubular nylon are available in solids or patterned, and won’t bunch, bind or twist during wear. The finishing touch is Scott Hawaii’s “Lifetime of the Sole” warranty.
• Molded outsole is made of 100% rubber that is non-marking and features arch support, heel cup and all terrain tread.
• Rubalon insole features Scott Hawaii's link pattern which is water friendly and pair’s extreme comfort with technical properties.
• Strap constructed of tubular nylon that will not bunch, twist or pull.
• MSRP: $33.00
Patagonia Maui Air
These ultra-comfortable slip-on shoes are perforated for breathability allowing your feet to breathe and while your feet enjoy the Patagonia Air Cushion Plus ride. Built with stain-resistant pigskin uppers and breathable mesh lining the Maui Air stays looking and feeling good wherever you take them. The moc uses a 20% recycled EVA footbed and midsole for support and comfort. The Maui outsole is lightweight yet resists abrasion.
• Stain-resistant, breathable and perforated pigskin upper; breathable polyester air-mesh lining
• 20% recycled EVA footbed provides support and comfort
• Patagonia Air Cushion Plus provides shock absorption
• 20% recycled EVA midsole provides cushioning and comfort
• Maui high-abrasion EVA outsole provides the ultimate lightweight platform
• Slip-lasted construction
• Medium to wide width, full toe box, medium arch/instep
• MSRP: $90.00