Running is a great way to get in shape and for me relieve stress. But I do know that the right shoes make the experience much better. In this guide we have found 4 pairs of road shoes and 3 trail runners. We know that running goes beyond just the right shoes, so we have also added a couple socks and customizable footbeds. We hope that this will inspire you to get out run.
Saucony Kinvara 3
Saucony redesigned the look of their most popular shoe, but kept the fit, feel and ride consistent with its predecessor. The upper now features FlexFilm™, a strong yet pliable material innovation that adapts to your foot and provides a lightweight, seamless feel. Inside the shoe, anatomically-contoured memory foam heel pods secure a perfect fit. In the midsole, ProGrid™ technology provides a unique blend of responsiveness and cushion, and the heel crash pad has been beveled for an even smoother ride as the runner transitions through the gait cycle. Finally, after examining wear patterns on hundreds of test shoes, the outsole was upgraded through the addition of placements of carbon rubber for enhanced durability.
• Memory Foam Heel Pods
• HydraMAX Collar Lining
• EVA Sockliner
• Heel ProGrid
• High Abrasion EVA (EVA+)
• Triangular Lug Design
• Weight: 6.7 oz. / 190 gm.
• Available in Men’s and Women’s.
• MSRP: $100.00
The Seeya is Vibram Fivefingers’ lightest, most minimal shoe to date weighing in at around 4.8oz on the men's shoe and 3.8oz for the women's. This shoe performs best as a race day flat or a speed-work shoe given its ultra-minimal construction and exceptional breathability. The pared-down sole enables the best ground feedback while still protecting the foot from abrasion. For the true minimalist, this will be a must-have.
• Upper - Polyester Stretch Mesh
• Sole - Vibram TC-1 Rubber
• Footbed - 3mm Polyurethane Insole Anti-Microbial Dri-Lex Sockliner
• MSRP: $100.00
Pearl Izumi Streak II
A great lightweight, comfortable shoe for summer running, the Streak II has an extremely breathable mesh upper, while featuring an aerated bottom to drain excessive sweat and moisture from the foot. The new Streak II has been completely overhauled this season to be even faster, lighter and more performance-oriented than ever. With a new lower profile midsole and lightweight upper, the Streak II is light enough for a 5k, but cushioned enough for a marathon. This is your new go-to PR shoe.
• 1:1 bonded seamless upper
• 1:1 360 degree lacing
• Ortholite sockliner for instep comfort and long lasting cushion
• Recycled lace webbing and laces
• 360 degree reflectivity
• Race last
• Heel/toe offset is 9mm
• Available in Men’s and Women’s.
• MSRP $115
Helly Hansen Ahiga
A summer minimalist technology that's perfect for training. The midsole boasts an anatomically shaped forefoot with podular traction and decoupled zones to increase flexibility. The upper has a quick-dry breathable mesh and a synthetic guard to support and protect key areas of the foot. This summer sneaker gives you the option to do everything you want without having to change your footwear.
• Upper: Synthetic/Mesh for support and breathability
• Midsole: Molded Premium EVA
• Breathable and quick-dry mesh
• Outsole: Helly Grip
• MSRP: $90.00
FITS Ultra-Light Runner Sock
FITS Ultra-Light Runner is the true minimalist's sock. Its super-thin, zero-cushioned design lets you enjoy the barefoot experience while the ultra-fine Merino Wool keeps your feet nice and dry. This sock is incredible design…simply stated!
• Full Contact Fit™
• Dynamic Toe Cup - contours to the shape of your toes
• Heel Lock - super deep heel pocket with ample cross stretch locks the sock on your heel
• Full Contact Cuff - stays in place due to a tighter ankle and looser calf
• No-show height
• Ultra light flat-knit construction
• Sculpture Knit Design - No bunching, slipping, or hotspots
• Looped Toe Seam
• MSRP: $14.99
LOWA S-Curve Mesh Trail Runners
LOWA's famous fit is blended with innovative weightless features that deliver meaningful benefits to serious trail runners. LOWA’s patented 'STG' Soft-to-Ground midsole provide the correct combination of shock absorption, targeted cushioning, stability and grip. A new Floating Tongue Construction further eliminates pressure points.
• Synthetic microfiber uppers.
• Cool and comfy, breathable mesh lining.
• LOWA patented STG-3D outsole for support and targeted cushioning.
• Arch stabilizer.
• Ortholite footbed.
• Bi-density TPU Midsole insert for added stability.
• MSRP: $125.00
Vasque Velocity 2
Do it all in the second-generation Velocity: The Armored construction of a hiking shoe is mated to the lightweight breathability of a running shoe. Stability is achieved via TPU plate, traction via the lugged outsole, and all-day comfort via our durable synthetic upper that protects and breathes.
• Outsole: Vasque Mako
• Last: Arc Tempo
• Midsole: Molded EVA and TPU Plate, Neutral
• MSRP: $120.00
Tecnica Inferno X-LITE
The Inferno X-LITE is a lightweight trail running shoe built with an oversized platform. This shoe is light in weight, but offers superior cushioning, stability and protection. The Inferno is ideal for rolling hills and medium distances. The X-LITE technology offers superior forward rolling motion and cushioning, but with a dual density outsole for maximum lightness underfoot. The Inferno is designed with a semi-oversized platform with an effective lug pattern providing ample grip on varied surfaces. Design features include a mesh upper for maximum breathability, a quick lace system for convenience, and a great wrap and closure for a comfortable, secure fit.
• Upper: High Breathability Aero Mesh, Asymmetrical Quicklace
• Lining: Textile;
• Outsole: TRS X-Lite with Tecnigrip
• Footbed: Anatomic Ortholite®• Midsole: Phylon EVA
• Available in men’s and in women’s
• MSRP $110.
Lorpen Trail Runner sock
Ideal for all weather trail running, the Lorpen Trail Runner sock optimizes the benefits of trail running shoes (shock absorption, fit and protection in descents) and adapts perfectly to the foot to ensure that the skin stays dry and blister free. The sock features Tri Layer Technology whereby three layers of yarn are knit together to create a lightweight running sock that is comfortable, durable, and keeps feet dry. The Lorpen Trail Runner is a “shorty” height sock to prevent trail debris from getting in the sock.
• MSRP: $10.99 – $12.99
Footbalance Dynamic Blue
Footbalance 100% custom footbeds are designed to be lightweight, and provide just the right amount of support and cushioning, no matter who you are or what you do. The Dynamic Blue is their most popular, all-around model perfect for the casual to performance athlete. Offers great shock absorption and light support.
The uniqueness of Footbalance is in the molding process. The foot analysis and molding is simple and easy and takes less than 10 minutes, after which you can immediately slip the brand new custom-made footbeds into your customer’s shoes. Footbalance gives you the best of both worlds: now, the general public can get a 100% custom made footbed at their local retail shop. The quality and effectiveness of the Footbalance footbed far surpasses generic insoles and can be obtained at a fraction of the cost and time as a doctor prescribed custom made product.
• Surface Material: High abrasion, moisture wicking, antimicrobial
• Weight (size 42): 1.55 oz./44g
• Encourage natural movements of the foot
• Support feet and promote optimal biomechanics and good posture
• Help to prevent foot related injuries
• Can decrease pain associated with misalignment such as back and knee pain
• Increase shoe comfort and help build stronger feet
• Provide added shock absorption to reduce stress related injuries