Do you love buying shoes? Or does someone on your Christmas list love shoes? We have you covered. We have found new shoes that will make anyone happy. We have also included socks in this guide as they go hand in hand. We know that the first item is more for fun than sock you would wear. But while your picking up the monkey, pick up some great socks as well.
Fox River Sock Monkey
In Time for the Holidays, Fox River Offers the Make Your Own Sock Monkey Original Rockford Red Heel Kit. Fox River, maker of the famous Original Rockford Red Heel Monkey Sock as well as premium performance socks, now offers its first official all-in-one Original Sock Monkey kit. The kit contains everything needed to make a genuine sock monkey, including a pair of Original Rockford Red Heel socks, a pair of felt circles to make the eyes, and everything in between – including an embroidery needle to sew everything up.
• 2 Original Rockford Red Heel socks
• Stuffer tool
• Sewing & embroidery thread
• Felt eyes & a needle.
• MSRP: $28.00
Dahlgren Socks Confetti Sock
Backed by Dahlgren’s state-of-the-art, active moisture management system, the Confetti sock is a perfect pick for work or play. Featuring a scattered polka-dot pattern on the leg, the knee-high style offers a fun and flirty design to pair with stylish outfits at the office, while the cushioned, yet streamlined foot and lightweight upper provide a bulk-free boot fit that’s ready for action.
• Absorption Zones: Blend of Alpaca/Merino Wool
• Transfer Zone: Alternating rings and channels of Alpaca/Merino Wool and ECO-Dri™.
• Evaporation Zone: ECO-Dri™
• MSRP: $21.50
Injinji Performance Series Lightweight Toesock
Injinji's Performance Series Lightweight Toesock is designed to offer a sleek and ultra thin interface for performance in any shoe, climate and terrain. The high-knit count enables the thin fiber to remain durable. The Performance Series is engineered with Injinji’s patented AIS: Technology™ and built with superior fibers to keep feet dry, cool and comfortable.
• Engineered w/ AIS technology and constructed with:
• 75% CoolMax®
• 22% Nylon
• 3% Lycra®
• MSRP: $10
Thorlos WLTH Light Hiking Socks
Designed for day hikes in all weather and from flat to varied terrain. Being a blend of wool and silk these socks do a great job with moisture management. With moderate cushioning these socks are perfect for long day hikes to fast a quick backpacking trips.
• Exclusive Wool/Silk Blend construction for insulation and superior moisture management.
• Moderate cushioning in ball/heel for reducing shock, impact, shear and blisters.
• Light cushioning at instep protects against lace pad pressure in arch for a better fit; spandex for support.
• Ventilation panel for better wicking.
• Comes in three colors: Charcoal heather; Khaki heather; Navy heather
• MSRP: $20.99
Darn Tough's Fang Ultra-Light Ski/Ride Sock
The Fang is an ultra-light Merino wool ski sock featuring True-Seamless knitting. Don’t feed this little beast of a sock after midnight because you’ll ruin its incredibly snug and foot-conforming fit, which results in an exceptionally responsive interface between foot and boot. True-Seamless knitting finishes the toe of the sock with a virtually undetectable seam to eliminate hot spots and blisters in even the tightest fitting ski boots. The high-density Merino wool knitting keeps your feet warm and comfortable without unnecessary bulk filling your boot and slowing your edge-to-edge response. Added elastic in the arch and cuff ensure the sock stays put after hours of bump runs. With an unconditional lifetime guarantee and Vermont-made pedigree, The Fang is nothing to be afraid of, unless of course you’re not wearing it.
• Made in Vermont, USA
• Unconditionally Guaranteed for Life
• True-Seamless™ toe seam is virtually undetectable. No hot spots. No blisters.
• Highest density knitting in the Industry (1441 stitches per square inch)
• Fine-gauge Merino wool yarns (21.5 micron)
• Antimicrobial and Moisture-Wicking Merino wool
• Reinforced heel and toe pockets
• Elastic arch support for snug, non-slipping fit
• Contents: 68% Merino Wool, 28% Nylon, 4% Lycra® Spandex
• MSRP: $23.00
LORPEN Snowboard Socks
The Snowboard Sock was designed for snowboarding, but works equally as well as a ski sock. Knit with medium cushioning throughout for added protection against the inner boot liner and a combination of Merino Wool and Acrylic that provide all-day warmth while wicking moisture away from the foot. Great for high performance days on the slopes when you need a sock that won't slip down or feel damp and cold.
• Merino Wool for warmth and to wick moisture away from the skin
• 10% Ea. LYCRA® all throughout the sock means no slipping or bunching up. These socks will stay up in your ski boots all day long.
• Flat Knit Toe Seam means no irritation on your toes
• Medium cushioning for added support, comfort, and fit
• MSRP: $17.99
Vibram Fivefinger Speed XC
Do you love the barefoot feel but hate winter, because walking around barefoot in the snow is not the best idea. The Speed XC might just be the answer for you. The Speed XC was designed for the elements. A plethora of features make for the most comfortable outdoor experience whether you’re traversing rocky or even terrain. A traditional lacing system means easy entry and a gusseted tongue provides water resistance. A seamless polyester lining always keeps the outdoor enthusiast comfortable, protected and dry while trail running/walking or trekking.
• Upper: Laminated Stretch Mesh + Water Resistant Membrane
• Sole: Vibram TC-1 Dura + EVA Midsole
• Footbed: Polyester Mesh
• Weight:Women's size 38 - 5.47oz. each, 10.94oz./pair
• MSRP: $140.00
Brooks Running PureFlow 2
Like peanut butter and jelly or water and energy gels, the lightweight construction and lush cushioning of the PureFlow 2 are a perfect match. The key to blending the two is engineering comfort features in a lean way like a shaped BioMoGo DNA midsole that gives your feet a cushy feel without added materials. It's a match your feet will hunger for.
• Category: Guidance
• Weight: 8.8 oz
• Platform: Anatomical Last
• Construction: Stroebel
• Launch Date: December 1, 2012
• BioMoGo DNA Midsole
• IDEAL Heel
• Toe Flex
• Nav Band
• Anatomical Last
• MSRP: $100.00
Hi-Tec Pará Boot
In fall 2012 Hi-Tec introduced the men’s Pará Boot, the first rain boot that combines hiking boot technology and support with a simple rubber boot. The Pará Boot stemmed from thoughts of wanting to marry the best of a standard rubber boot protection with the flexibility, comfort and performance of a hiker. There’s not a boot like this one on the market.
• Waterproof rubber upper
• Adjustable, toughened hardware and toggle closure
• Premium neoprene lining
• Removable, contoured EVA sockliner
• Durable Vibram® outsole for traction & stability
• Colors: Slate/Black/Army, Charcoal/Black/Mineral and Yellow/Charcoal (shown)
• Sizes: 7‐13 (whole sizes)
• MSRP: $125
Teva Chair 5 & Jordanelle
Chair 5 & Jordanelle (both $170) - Headlining the Lifty Collection is the Chair 5 for men and the Jordanelle for women. Both feature a one piece, injection molded EVA outer construction with White Spider rubber outsole and a lightweight, rip-stop waterproof lace upper. Complete with a removable 250-gram Thinsulate™ LiteLoft™ liner (that can also be worn indoors as a bootie), the Chair 5 and Jordanelle don’t sacrifice warmth yet weigh in at about half the weight of other boots. The Chair 5 and Jordanelle also compress down to the size of any normal shoe, making them a cinch to pack.
• T.I.D.E. GRIP
• Our White Spider Rubber sole will help keep your face a safe distance from the ground when the temperature drops
• A nylon shank keeps the foot stable and in control
• T.I.D.E. HYDRO
• Waterproof upper materials can handle getting wet
• Seam sealed to keep you dry
• T.I.D.E. COMFORT
• Super light EVA foam is waterproof and insulative to keep you warm and dry
• Removable boot liner for kickin’ around the cabin
• 250 grames of 3M Thinsulate™ LiteLoft™ insulation feels like a sweater for your feet
• Approximate shaft height: 8"
• Approximate shaft circumference: Adjustable 12½"
• Jordanelle - Approximate shaft height: Shell 11" in front; 9" in back; Insert 10"
• Jordanelle - Approximate shaft circumference: Shell 14½"; Insert 13" (adjustable)
• MSRP $170.00
Wolverine Gauge Boot
From shoveling the driveway to snowshoeing in the backcountry, the Gauge V-Frame boot provides warmth and durability all winter long. The Wolverine V-Frame exoskeleton is molded to an abrasion resistant mesh and waterproof leather upper for stability and durability. With 400 grams of 3M Thinsulate Ultra Insulation and a waterproof membrane, feet stay dry and warm. The Gauge’s dual-density outsole is designed to excel in snowy condition with wide pads on the ball of the foot and deep lugs made from two distinct compounds that offer long-lasting durability and great traction. The Gauge also excels when partnered with other outdoor accessories; it features a heel cleat to ensure snowshoes stay in a place and a gaiter loop.
• Molded TP
• Abrasion resistant mesh
• Waterproof Americana leather upper
• Wave mesh lining with waterproof membrane.
• 400 grams of 3M™ Thinsulate™ ultra insulation
• PESU II EVA with NXT® order control sockliner
• Compression molded EVA midsole
• Dual-density rubber lug outsole
• MSRP: $170.
ECCO Biom Trail 1.2
Don't let the weather hold you back from experiencing the full force of nature. The Biom Trail 1.3 is a natural running shoe construction with anatomical flexible midsole. Rugged rubber outsole gives enhanced traction on gravel and mud. 100% waterproof GORE-TEX® keeps reliably dry feet when it matters. Super stable and sporty design for moving fast outdoors.
• A super stable shoe for tough terrain
• Uppers combine synthetic and textile
• Gore-Tex lining
• Anatomically shaped last for an extreme, naturally comfortable fit
• Direct-injected PU midsole
• Biomechanical flexible midsole construction allows a natural running motion
• Rugged rubber outsole with specially designed traction pattern
• Excellent grip and traction on loose and muddy surfaces
• MSRP: $200.00
La Sportiva Raptor GTX Shoe
For wet, sloppy conditions or cold weather runs, there is nothing better than the brand new La Sportiva Gore-Tex GTX shoe. Featuring a super sticky FriXion rubber outsole for excellent traction, a Gore-Tex waterproof lining for superior comfort and a TPU lacing harness for a great fit, the Raptor GTX will adapt to any condition that you can throw at it.
• Weight: 13.33 oz/ 378 g
• Tempo 2 last
• Upper: AirMesh/ Synthetic Leather/ TPU Lacing Harness/ TPU Transkinetic Heel Stabilizer
• Lining: Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort Footwear
• Midsole: MeMlex/ Nylon Molded Flex Transfer shank
• Drop (mm): 12mm
• Sole: FriXion®XF/ Impact Brake System™ X-Axis™
• MSRP: $155.00
Tecnica Moon Boot W. E. Duvet
Goose down comfort! Authentic Italian Moon Boot but with a slimmer profile! Tecnica Moon Boot W.E. Duvet is the latest offer from the Moon Boot West East collection, the slimmer and more versatile silhouettes that takes the Moon Boot brand from the resort to the city. Featuring the iconic style lines of the original Moon Boot Classic which debuted more than 40 years ago, the W.E. Duvet features a baffled goose down polyester upper delivering incredible comfort and warmth and a Magic Carpet 3D anatomic footbed underfoot which provides superior insulation and support with all day walkability. The W.E. Duvet is perfect for the discerning fashion customer who needs real winter performance and demands the authenticity of the The Original Moon Boot.
• The W.E. Duvet will be available in four colors — blue, white, bordeaux and black.
• Designed in Italy, made in Europe.
• Tecnica makers of the Original Moon since 1970.
• Upper: Polyester with Goose feather fill
• MSRP $200. www.tecnicausa.com
A beautiful feminine boot with a hard-wearing rubber sole. Fashionable fur lining provides superb insulation from the cold. Removable fur insole adds further insulation from beneath the foot. Hydromax treated upper keeps feet dry, and special designed outsole is made for super stability.
• A wintery, feminine outdoor boot
• Uppers made of nubuck with visible fur lining
• Artificial fur lining for excellent cold insulation
• Hydromax treated leather for a water repellent upper
• Interchangeable inlay sole with artificial fur cover
• Multifunctional rubber outsole
• Full length Receptor technology for stability, guidance and dynamic support through all phases of the step
• Optimal grip and traction in various conditions
• MSRP: $220.00
Scott Hawaii Ni'ihau
Who says you can’t wear flip flops all year ‘round ? The Ni’ihau from Scott Hawaii is here to change the way you feel about slippers… and we bet once you take a pair for a test-drive you’ll never want to take them off ! Built on Scott Hawaii’s molded bottom foundation, the Ni’ihau features a durable rubber outsole that is remarkably lightweight. An incredibly supportive arch is molded in to really do the job, and top that off with the softest midsole material around that rebounds after every step. Just when you feel like you can’t take any more we throw in a super soft layer of pebbled leather for the ultimate level of luxury- but that’s not all…. a leather strap that is backed with faux shearling takes this slipper over the top… all treated not to stretch out so you can get years of bliss from your new favorite pair of slippers.
• Molded outsole is made of 100% rubber for amazing traction and durability
• Super soft midsole of cushy Rubalon material features superior rebounding qualities and is covered with in insole layer of pebbled leather
• Strap constructed of 100% leather is backed with faux shearling, combined with nylon toe post for the best feeling fit around
• MSRP: $45.00