If anyone know me, they know that I love shoes. So you know that I was going to do a shoe guide full of great new shoes. This guide does include casual shoes, to hiking and running shoes, to boots to keep that loved ones feet warm this winter. I hope you find this Holiday gift guide as useful as I did find it enjoying to put together. Also we are giving away a pair of Lems Shoes. So check out the article to enter to win.
Lems Shoes Boulder Boots
Weighing a mere 9.9 ounces, the minimal “Boulder Boot” features a wide toe box and complete collapsibility that not only allows for a more natural feel, but introduces a shoe that can be rolled up into a ball, making the product the first of its kind available to consumers. “There are many types of minimalist-style running shoes available, “says designer of the Boulder Boot and founder of company Lems Shoes, Andrew Rademacher, “however, there are few options for those who would like more comfort in casual and business settings.” In order to give the foot a weightless feel the boot features a unique rubber, LemsRubber that allows the customer to feel as if they are wearing nothing at all.
New for this season, the Mogado Hi is a chukka-style boot with a classic moccasin-style toe. This casual outdoor shoe for men is made in Africa in Oliberté’s Fair Trade Certified factory, using 100-percent natural premium leather sourced from Africa. Skilled craftsmen constructed it by hand using over 1,000 stitches per shoe. The Mogado Hi is available in three styles: brown/yellow pull-up (a full-grain, aniline dyed leather), tan suede, dark grey brushed wax leather. The brown-yellow pull-up upper is also available with a jagged black rubber sole.
The SKORA PHASE-X is a lightweight zero-drop performance running shoe with 360º reflectivity for high visibility during long winter nights. Multilayer mesh upper with soft inner mesh, lightweight breathable open-weave top mesh and custom printed reflective pattern for a highly reflective effect with excellent durability, comfort and breathability, previously not achievable in traditional mesh. The entire upper also features laminated reflective material for maximum visibility.
One of our testers said “these shoes are built to handle many miles and a ride that will keep your feet and legs fresh.” With Brooks DNA, this shoe responds to your every step, dispersing impact and providing ideal comfort and protection as the pace and surface change. The segmented crash pad customizes the individual’s lay down with just the right amount of cushion and stabilization, giving the runner a smooth heel-to-toe transition.
• Tuned Density Midsole
• Full-length S-257 Cushole
• Universal Sprung Platform
• HPR Plus – A higher durability, abrasion-resistant rubber outsole compound that wears longer.
New Balance and Gore have collaborated before and this fall 2013 New Balance and Gore will offer the Minimus 10 Trail, Minimus 80 Multisport and 910 Trail all featuring GORE-TEX® product technology to provide complete waterproofness protection and breathability to these popular styles. The 910 Trail GTX offers trail runners the best of both stability and cushioning using a new trail specific fit in the UL-1 last. The new UL-1 last has an 8mm off-set from heel to forefoot combined with the go-fast superior cushioning of New Balance REVlite gives trail runners the confidence and comfort to conquer the trails with speed. All three styles incorporate GORE-TEX® Extended Comfort technology, which means every component of the shoe and how it’s constructed is tailored for optimal breathability to ensure the footwear is ideal for highly aerobic activities.
• 8mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 8mm drop are approximate
• Aggressive lugged outsole gives maximum traction for off-road activities
• Gusseted tongue sewn in place to keep debris out for midfoot protection
• Ortholite® foam insert delivers odor resistance, long term comfort, and superior breathability.
Built on the foundation of their proprietary adaptable traction technology, OmniTrax Interchangeable Outsole System, the Devil’s Canyon boasts a unique design focused on delivering an athletic, sneaker-like performance. Reduced weight, improved range of motion, sleek and durable materials and a glove-like fit make the Devil’s Canyon a truly unique wading boot. Understanding less water means less weight, Korkers’ new midsole incorporates large drainage ports and internal drainage channels to drain water away from the boot. The new midsole extends further up the boot better cradling the foot and offering greater support. Korkers designed a one-of-a-kind stretch wrap fit upper cuff which hugs the leg reducing possible friction points and providing a more comfortable fit.
• OmniTrax® Interchangeable Sole System adapts your traction to any fishing condition.
• M2 Boa® lacing system quick on/off and custom fit.
• Hydrophobic materials faster dry times lessen the chance of spreading invasive species.
• Durability enhanced midsole, rubberized anti-abrasion synthetic material, reduced seams, recessed triple-stitched uppers and molded toe cap.
• Drainage integrated, large drainage ports and internal drainage channels.
• Comfort unique stretch upper cuff provides athletic, glove-like fit.
Ahnu hits the trails this holiday season with the Men's Coburn, an all-day performance hiker for outdoor enthusiasts and backpackers looking to explore in wet and dry conditions. The durable mid-height hiking boot is equipped with tough, full-grain and waterproof leathers creating a modern take on a classic boot silhouette.
• Durable, waterproof leathers and rubber toe protector
• Gusseted tongue to help keep water and debris out
• Waterproof and breathable eVent® breathable bootie
• Numentum® Hike technology is engineered to center and guide the foot to promote balance when traversing trails
• High density EVA plugs are supported with external struts on both the medial and lateral sides of the heel
• Non-marking, slip resistant lugs for ultimate grip and traction
The Freerider Vxi Elements is not only a great shoe for those that mountain bike but also great for those that ride daily. Five Ten has what they called “winterized” these shoes so you can wear them regardless of the weather. This all-mountain shoe has a DWR treated synthetic upper that beads and repels water. Inside is a PUR foam insulation that wicks sweat but adds that touch of warmth needed to fight freezing temps. The outsole package is STEALTH MI6, a new STEALTH rubber with unprecedented shock absorption and grip.
• Built for the dedicated, everyday rider that doesn't fear a little weather.
• An all-mountain, weatherized MTB shoe.
• Synthetic uppers feature a DWR (Durable Water Resistant) treatment designed to repel water.
• Protective toe overlays.
• Padded collar and heel for added comfort.
• PUR foam insulation moves moisture away from the body, while supplying added warmth for chilly climates.
Cushe's Pioneer is an everyday essential for exploring the world around us. This men’s style was created from fusing the latest footwear manufacturing techniques and technologies with old school and a modern design, creating a shoe that is simple, unique and set apart from anything on the market. With premium components throughout, this handmade shoe uses premium waxy suede with full grain leather, creating a street-inspired feel perfect for the style conscious consumer.
• Upper Material: Premium waxy suede with full grain leather
The FiveFingers CVT LS is a casual laced style that can be converted to a slip by pushing down the flexible back. Targeting the user who seeks out the benefits of FiveFingers all day, every day, it offers a comfortable fit with an ultra-light EVA sole weighing in at a hair over four ounces. Available in three colors for both men and women.
The Trigger Boot offers warmth and comfort all winter long, with a versatile mid-cut height. Wolverine V-Frame construction is lightweight and durable, and features vents for increased breathability. Wolverine Peak Plus is waterproof, breathable and provides reflective heat with less bulk, trapping warmth when needed but allowing excess heat to disperse. The boot also features 200 gram 3M Thinsulate Insulation for extra warmth. A dual-density rubber lug outsole features two-different compounds, one for sticky grip and one for long-lasting durability. An NXT odor control sock liner helps prevent odor before it starts with organic enzymes that break down sweat.
• Abrasion resistant mesh and waterproof leather upper with molded TPU cage
• Lined with moisture managing mesh and a waterproof membrane
• PeakPlus thermal insulation and 200 grams of 3M Thinsulate Insulation
• PESU II EVA footbed with NXT Odor Control sockliner
These premium boots offer a hefty upper and insulation to keep you warm in the harshest conditions. A stabilizing ‘fork shank’ extends the lifespan of the boot while providing support when you step off the beaten path. The East Ridge Sport boot is perfect for winter camping or simply shoveling snow then off to work on that honey-do list. Don't let their fashion statement look deter you, they are made for everything from Christmas shopping in Manhattan to hiking the PCT in winter.
• Premium, durable, suede and nylon upper provides long term comfort and protection.
• 200g Thinsulate™ insulation traps heat and stays warm, while the moisture wicking lining helps maintain comfort.
• Ghilly and hook lacing system creates a secure fit.
• Durable toughened ‘shell’, protects against rips and tears.
• Lightweight and durable high performance ‘fork shank’, ensures the right degree of flexibility and stability during wear.
• Ortholite® sockliner delivers long lasting cushioning, anti-odor and anti-microbial properties, all of which ensure ultimate all day comfort.
• MDT rugged rubber outsole is great for all terrains.
The Zone combines its ultra lightweight construction, standard to the Softshell Series, with a durable high top cut design to protect you on all your adventures. Whether it is trekking through the trails or through your own backyard, this style will ensure you stay in the Zone.
Engineered for the outdoorsman to withstand extreme weather conditions, this boot features a Waterproof Pro construction that blends full-grain waterproof leather and a wear-resisting nylon Cordura in a durable exterior. An 800 gram Thinsulate Ultra Insulation provides warmth, while a mesh lining allows for increased breathability. Additional features include: a reinforced Tec-Tuff heel and toe bumper for added protection and durability, ATS Max Technology for side-to-side stability and support, an EVA midsole and moisture-wicking, gel-cushioning footbed for shock absorption and rebound, and a rugged Duratread outsole with an aggressive tread design for maximum wear resistance and sure footing. Offered in a Dark Brown and a Mossy Oak Break-Up Cordura uppers.
FootBalance QuickFit pre-molded footbeds can be customized to users’ unique feet in one of two ways—either the Wear Mold or Heat Mold methods. With the Wear Mold method, users place the pre-formed footbeds in their shoes, where a natural customization process will take place over time. The Heat Mold method allows users to customize the footbeds in their conventional oven at home, or in a FootBalance oven at participating retailers to quickly contour the QuickFit footbeds perfectly to their feet. By walking around for five minutes, the QuickFit Heat Mold footbeds take form while the patented Balance Plate core provides optimal posture and alignment.