Looking for gear to last you through a few seasons? Looking to stay warm and dry? Look no further, the gear in this guide will do just that. Whether in the backcountry or at the resort, this gear will perform. Now all you have to do is pray for more snow and then enjoy.
Klymit Olympus: Backcountry Powder Shell
Named for the mountain on which the Greek Gods resided, this hard-shell jacket is tough enough to handle the conditions on even the highest peaks. The Olympus is made from waterproof polyester micro twill tri-bonded fabric featuring a waterproof/breathable membrane. The Olympus has lycra handcuffs to block powder and cold air at the wrist, taped seams, a removable powder skirt, a removable hood, rubberized zippers and slider garages for improved water resistance.
• Pit zips with double sliders
• Klymit specific Inflation Port access panel
• Purge Valve access panel
• Klymitizer sleeve pocket
• Inter-cooler on each shoulder to provide maximum ventilation when needed.
• MP3 sleeve pocket
• MSRP: $224.95
Columbia Melting Point Parka
When you’re pushing yourself and your gear, you need a jacket you can rely on and the Melting Point is just the right companion to help you find your limits. Omni-Dry ultrabreathable waterproof technology means you’re moving in lightweight, fully seam-sealed comfort, while the Omni-Heat thermal reflective liner uses your body heat to keep you warmer than ordinary liners. The low-profile baffled liner attaches via the 3-point interchange system and features 100 grams of Omni-Heat insulation with stretch side panels inside for enhanced mobility and ventilation - it’s clean lines and simple styling make it perfect for wearing solo when you’re lounging in the lodge or rolling around town.
• Fabric: Shell: 100% nylon mechanical stretch dobby Lining: 100% nylon Contour Echelon Emboss Taffeta Liner: 100% polyester Shiny Triple Rip, 90% polyester/10% elastane double weave Max Softshell, 100% polyester Thermal Reflective Insulation: 50% polyester/50% recycled polyester OH, 100g
• Omni-Dry ultrabreathable waterproof fully seam sealed
• Omni-Heat thermal reflective and insulated liner
• Omni-Shield® advanced repellency liner
• 3-point Interchange System
• Removable, adjustable storm hood
• 2-way zipper
• Waterproof chest zipper
• Removable, snap back powder skirt
• Pocket features Invizzip™
• Security and mesh goggle pockets
• Inferno pockets
• MSRP: $450.00
Outdoor Research Aspect Jacket and Pant
Designed for backcountry skiing, this hybrid softshell collection melds high-loft material in areas where maximum warmth and weather protection are needed most and lower-loft material in areas where breathability is more crucial. The Aspect jacket employs a highly water-resistant, nylon-face bonded softshell with a brushed fleece interior on the body and shoulders. Under the arms on the side, it uses a smooth-face softshell with a light fleece interior. Because even softshells have their limits when you are exerting on the uphill, double-sliding Cross-Flo chest-to-hip zippers make it easy to dump heat without dumping weather protection.
• 3.5-inch tricot-lined collar with drawcord adjustment
• Double-separating front zipper with external storm flap
• Two zippered hand pockets
• A zippered Napoleon pocket
• Several interior pockets,
• Dual drawcords on the hem.
• MSRP: $215 for the jacket,
The pant complements the jacket with seam-taped Ventia Dry waterproof/breathable softsh ll construction. In the seat and upper legs, the pants are fleece backed, and the lower legs are tricot backed. The Aspect Pants feature dual-sliding thigh length side zippers to make ventilation easy, as well as belt loops and suspender compatibility. Zippered hand pockets include an internal beacon pocket with key-clip retainer.
• Zippered side pocket
• Gusseted crotch
• Articulated knees
• Zip-out mesh gaiters
• Snap/drawcord cuff closures and grommets for an instep lace.
• MSRP: $250 for the pants.
Marmot Ulitamate Ski Gloves
The Ultimate is a rugged, leather, GORE-TEX and MemBrain glove. It has the Falcon Grip which is articulated for dexterity and ease of grip. Easy to use one-handed drawcords and a nose wipe with soft fabric to wipe your runny nose.
• GORE-TEX® Waterproof/Breathable Glove Insert
• Marmot MemBrain® Waterproof/Breathable Fabric
• DriClime® Moisture Management Technology
• Pittards® Micro Vent leather - Pittards Micro Vent leather
• Primaloft® Insulation
• Safety Leash - Keeps Glove Attached to Wrist When Removed from Hand
• Wrist Strap - Adjustability and Better Fit
• MSRP: $150.00
Stance Snow Collection
The latest and greatest from Stance is the Snow Collection which blends both form and function. From collaborations with artists and team riders to technology that your feet will love, the snow collection provides a fresh approach to shred socks. The line even has Switch Goofy and Switch Regular styles to accommodate all riding types.
• MSRP: From $16-$30
Columbia Bugaboo OH Ski
The Bugaboo Ski sock features Omni-Heat and superior cushioning to keep you comfy for long hours on your feet. Designed to capture and re-circulate body heat, Omni-Heat thermal reflective patches are aptly placed on the top of foot and back of calf to avoid high-pressure areas. Naturally wicking Merino wool adds to the thermal regulation, while Omni-Wick advanced evaporation delivers quick-drying, moisture-wicking comfort in the face of both boot leakage and sweat.
• Fabric: 34% Merino wool/34% acrylic/25% nylon/5% polyester/2% elastane
• Omni-Heat thermal reflective
• Omni-Wick advanced evaporation
• Arch compression
• Seamless hand-linked toe
• Mesh flex zone
• Flex stretch in ankle
• MSRP: $35
LORPEN Snowboard Fun Socks
These socks are specifically designed for snowboarding. Brand new for 2011, this lightweight snowboarding sock has a high content of Merino for added warmth.
• Cushion: Full Sock - Medium Cushion
• Height: Over Calf
• Contents: 75% Merino, 15% Nylon, 10% Lycra
• Offered in Checkoff, Leopard Spots and Mad About Plaid designs.
• MSRP: $17.99
Abominable snow people are the inspiration for this hat...big and fluffy! Knit with airspun superfine Merino wool for a light, lofty and warm creation.Fleece headband liner.
• MSRP: $32.00
Salomon Quest 30
Lightweight winter backpack fully designed to provide easy access to skis as well as gear and safety equipment. Perfect stability and comfort for ski touring or any active winter activities. It includes a hydration bladder compartment with hanging system to provide fresh water on your adventure.
• Soft contour shoulder straps,
• Adjustable belt with large winter buckle,
• One main compartment,
• Goggle pocket,
• Two internal side pockets for probe and shovel handle,
• One zipped belt pocket,
• One external technical compartment,
• Ice axe carrier,
• Poles carrier,
• Skis carriers on sides
• MSRP: $125
HEAD Rock ‘n’ Roll skis
Rock the mountain in style this year with these Motörhead inspired skis, proudly dedicated to the band that put fast rock ‘n’ roll on the map. Unleash your inner speed freak and stock up on these axes. Flow Rise Technology will have you ready to rock backstage…err, the backcountry. Whether you’re chest-deep in powder or ripping down groomers, you’ll find harmony with the mountain with these gnarly skis. This profile utilizes a longer rise in the tip for increased float in powder with a shorter rise in the tail for surefooted landings. Flow Rise gives you rocker when you want it and stability when you need it.
• FLR Flow Rise Technology
• Sandwich Twintip Construction
• Extra durable ABS Sidewalls
• Highly transparent UHM Base
• Bindings: HEAD Mojo 15 Wide 97 (matt black/silver)
• Terrain - powder, open bowls
• Lengths 152 / 159 / 166 / 173 / 180 / 187
• Radius 19.5 @ 180
• Sidecut 132/94/119 @ 180
• MSRP: $799.99
K2 Panoramic Splitboard Kit
The K2 Panoramic Snowboard is your ticket to the drop out and hike out mindset. Three years in the making, K2 developers brought it all to this lightweight, Bambooyah™ cored backcountry tool. No half stepped plain graphics either. Keeping it core and true to snowboarding in every way. Designed for use throughout the mountain, All Terrain Rocker allows for effortless turns on hardpack but also provides ample float in softer snow and crud.
• All-Terrain Rocker offers plenty of float in powder yet is still responsive and stable enough to handle hardpack.
• Bambooyah Blend core
• Hybrilight construction features a thin, constant thickness sidewall designed for maximum performance and minimal material usage.
• Carbon Web stringers under the bindings add sensitive response and increased ollie-power
• Triaxial Glass - A glass laminate with diagonal layers that stiffens the board torsionally.
• 4000 Sintered - Fastest natural base material available• Exceptionally Durable• Absorbs deeper & retains wax longer
• MSRP: $899.95
Brooks-Range Ski Binding Tool
The Brooks-Range Ski Binding Tool has all the bits you’ll need to tighten or adjust your ski binding while on the slopes. Eight bits fit inside the handle then snap into the ¼” hex drive that can be set to ratchet tight, loose, or hold steady in a neutral, non-ratcheting position.
• Weight: 3 oz.
• ¼" drive bits included:
• #1 Philips
• #2 Philips
• #3 Posi-drive
• T20 Torx® bit
• #4 Flathead screwdriver
• #6 Flathead screwdriver
• ¼-inch Allen
• 1/8th-inch Allen
• MSRP: $9.95
ProBar Halo S’mores
The founder of ProBar was a hungry vegan snowboard bum at Snowbird. In the late nineties Art Eggertsen, was working as a snowboard instructor at Snowbird in an era when ski resort cafeterias pretty much consisted of chili fries and soggy cheeseburgers. With a background as a vegan chef, Art started mixing his own meal-replacement bars for himself while spending 8 hours a day out on the slopes. This new flavor is a favorite snack of a lot of outdoor enthusiasts.
• MSRP: $1.59
Skullcandy FIX headphones
These headphones are made to never fall out of your ear, whether working out, hiking, snowboarding or doing anything active, these are your best companion for listening to music.
• FIXTM Technology + In-line mic3
• Rear Acoustic Port for Deep Bass
• In-ear hook design for secure fit and maximum stability
• Friction-free cable
• Two silicon gel sizes
• Carry case
• Plug type: 3.5mm gold plated
• MSRP: In-Ear $69.99 or Earbud - $39.99