Spring can be a time of unpredictable weather. But spring is also a great time to get out and see the first signs of summer. We have gathered some of the newest pieced of gear to keep you dry and comfortable as well as a couple packs that will carry some essential while on any hike. And the best part is all this gear is specifically designed for women.
Rab Myriad Jacket
The Women's Myriad Jacket is a waterproof and highly breathable jacket specifically designed for women. Using a similar style and feature set as the award winning Latok Alpine jacket the Myriad makes best use of Polartec Neoshell fabric in a new lighter weight incarnation. Neoshell has a much softer handle than other hardshells and offers softshell levels of comfort and breathability.
• Polartec® NeoShell® 3L fabric
• Helmet compatible hood with wired peak
• 2 YKK Aquaguard® zipped bonded A-line pockets
• YKK Aquaguard® front zip, internal flap, rain drain
• Internal YKK zipped bonded pocket
• Tricot lined collar
• Velcro® cuffs, hem drawcord
• Reflective trim
• Fit: Regular
• DWR/Spray: 80/20
• HH: 10,000mm
• Air Perm: 0.5 CFM
• Weight/m: 115g/m
• Comp: 40% Nylon (Face), 30% Polyester (Back), 30% polyeurethane (membrane) Ripstop
• MSRP: $375.00
ExOffixio BugsAway SecuriTee Long-Sleeve Shirt
Crafted from a comfortable heather-knit jersey, the BugsAway SecuriTee wicks moisture away from the skin and features flat lock stitching to prevent rubbing. A hidden stash pocket in the hem holds small items, and the floral embroidery gives a fun, feminine look. Permethrin, the active ingredient in Insect Shield, is invisible, odorless, and so tightly bonded to the fabric fibers that it retains effective repellency through the life of the garment.
• Insect Shield® repels many varieties of insect: Lasts 70 washings
• Hidden zippered stash pocket in hem, perfect for credit- or key-card
• Stitched floral design
• UPF Sun Guard
• Odor resistant
• Quick drying
• Moisture wicking
• MSRP: $60.00
Gramicci Dani Organic Pullover
Just because the sun is out when you start your hike doesn’t mean is going to be when you are finishing up. This is where the Dani comes in handy as a great layering piece. The Dani moves with the body for ultimate comfort and recovers with every wash to its original shape. Gramicci's Andalusia French Terry is made from organic cotton and hemp blend NPT-Natural Performance Technology. Hemp excels in fiber length, strength, durability, absorbency, anti-odor, and antimicrobial properties.
• Deep V-Neck for easy on and off
• Hooded pullover
• Ribbing and hood, sleeves, and pouch for a snug fit
• Kangaroo front pocket
• UPF 30 protection from harmful solar rays
• Wash separately in cold water before wearing
• 49% Hemp, 48% Organic Cotton, 3% Spandex
• MSRP: $78.00
Royal Robbins Tera Knicker
The versatile Terra Knicker, will be one of your spring + summer favorites. Low key yet appealing when it comes to looks, the Backcountry Stretch Ripstop fabric (a nylon and spandex blend) takes the Terra to a whole new level of performance: they move with you, are durable, resist wrinkles, wick moisture away and have UPF 50+.
• Backcountry Stretch Ripstop
• UPF 50+
• Zip secured pocket
• Logo rivet reinforced pockets
• Zip secured back pocket
• 4.25oz., 94% Nylon / 6% Spandex, UPF 50+
• Trim fit / Contemporary rise / Tapered leg
• 16" inseam
• MSRP: $70.00
Fox River Cascade Lite
Tired feet make for a tired body and can cut short a trail trek. Fox River has the answer: the PEAK Series™ of performance socks, featuring the new Helix Fit™ system, designed to improve comfort, endurance, and recovery during intense hikes. The Helix Fit™ combines volumetric compression and zone specific features that enhance your comfort, such as anti-slip anchor zones, memory-knit construction, and a comfort rib top as well as comfort mesh ventilation zones. The socks are knit with a PrimaLoft® and Merino wool blend for lightweight insulation, thermoregulation and moisture management.
• Helix Fit™ System
• Vented panels remove moisture and keep you dry
• Reinforced toe and heel add comfort and longer sock life
• Weight: Light
• Contents: 45% nylon, 26% PrimaLoft® polyester, 26% Merino wool, 3% spandex
• MSRP: $16.99
Hi-Tec Harmony Life WP
In my opinion, footwear is the most important component in hiking. Lousy footwear can ruin any great hike. Weighing in at less than 1.5 pounds, the Harmony Life WP is the ideal lightweight hiker for women, providing comfort and support on the trail.
• High performance waterproof, synthetic upper delivers breathability, durability and comfort
• Ghilly and hardware lacing system creates a secure fit
• Moisture-wicking lining
• Ortholite insole delivers long lasting cushioning, anti-odor and anti-microbial, ensuring all day comfort.
• Vibram rubber outsole delivers world-renowned traction, comfort and durability
• Colors: Taupe/Graphite/Cantelope (shown) and Pewter/Oat/Lilac
• Sizes: 5-10, 11
• MSRP: $110.00
Scarpa Kailash GTX
An evolution of one of SCARPA’s best-selling boots, the new Kailash GTX features an updated midsole and heel design with more structure and support. The new model uses an all polyurethane midsole construction with a TPU film over the heel, versus polyurethane midsole with an EVA heel insert. This new construction adds support and durability in areas that take a lot of abuse in hiking boots. Otherwise, the upper construction continues to employ key features that have made the Kailash so popular.
• Bi-directional ankle flex construction for excellent ankle mobility without sacrificing support
• A forefoot design with easily tensioned lacing that offers superior volume control and forefoot security
• High quality Italian sourced suede leather that molds to the foot over time and is extremely durable.
• MSRP: $209.00
L.L.Bean Lily 18 Day Pack
Whether you're a dedicated peak-bagger or a casual weekend hiker, this lightweight day pack is filled with features that make it an ideal choice for active women. Unique shoulder straps have a reverse contoured shape to comfortably accommodate a woman's shape. Raised ridge foam with poly-mesh covering on the back panel provides excellent ventilation. Shove-it pocket offers a handy place to keep an extra layer accessible. Sternum strap is adjustable and removable. Padded belt wings help keep the pack's weight comfortably on your hips. Two stretch water bottle pockets. Also features a fleece-lined sunglasses pocket and an organizer pocket
• A lightweight, comfortable day pack designed specifically for women
• Filled with features for vigorous day hikes
• Shoulder straps are contoured to accommodate the feminine shape
• Capacity 1,143 cu. in./18.2 liters.
• 1 lb. 7 oz.
• MSRP: $79.00
Osprey Mira 34
The Mira 34 is a new women’s-specific complement to the Manta line of multi-sport hydration packs. Highly ventilated and loaded with features, this series is unique in the sea of hydration packs. The Mira is the go anywhere, do anything pack. Key features include the AirSpeed™ backpanel and a new ventilated BioStretch™ harness for cool comfort. The pack is designed with a direct zip access hydration sleeve with HydraLock frame as well as the handy Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole feature and an integrated raincover for all weather protection.
• Full hipbelt to keep pack stable and transfer load effectively
• Wide panel access to main compartment plus zip access to sunglass pocket and roomy zippered hipbelt pockets
• Stretch mesh front pocket for quickly stashing extra gear
• Magnetic sternum buckle for quick access to the reservoir bite valve
• Helmet attachment loop
• Mira is available in Espresso Brown, Serene Green:
• Pounds/Ounces: 2/2 (XS/S), 2/5 (S/M)
• MSRP: $159.00
Outdoor Research Radar Storm Cap
A stylish, waterproof cap with a foldable brim, the Radar Storm Cap offers waterproof head protection that slips into your pocket. The Radar Storm Cap is a waterproof version of Outdoor Research’s popular Radar Cap, it uses waterproof barrier fabric and a transaction wicking headband, so it offers protection whether the day brings sun or rain.
• Wicking TransAction™ Headband
• Folding Brim for Easy Storage
• Fabric-Covered Folding Brim
• Brushed Tricot Lining
• Seam Taped
• MSRP: $32.
UV Buff with Insect Shield
Don't let bug bites and sunburn put a damper on your next hike. Infused with an invisible repellent that lasts through 70 washings, the UV Insect Shield Buff helps keep biting insects at bay. Plus, it blocks 95% of harmful UV rays* and features Polygiene® technology to kill odor-causing bacteria.
• Repels mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, chiggars and midges (no-see-ums)
• Invisible odorless, EPA-registered protection from insects
• Repellant lasts 70 launderings
• Blocks 95% of UV rays*
• 12+ ways to wear
• Exceptional moisture-wicking with 4-channel fibers
• Soft, breathable Coolmax® Extreme fabric
• 100% seamless
• Cool in the summer, extra layer of warmth in the winter
• 2-way lateral stretch
• Polygiene® Active Odor Control
• MSRP: $27.00
Honey Stinger Blueberry Buzz Energy Bars
I believe that energy bars don’t have to taste like cardboard and I think that Honey Stinger believes that as well. One of their newest bars is the Blueberry Buzz energy bar and it is delicious. This bar has a new light and crispy texture paired with a delicious yogurt coated bottom. If you haven’t tasted a good energy bar lately you have to give this a try.
• MSRP: $1.69