Fall can be a great time to get out hiking if you have the right gear. Temperatures are cooler which can be enjoyable as long as you are prepared. We have included 3 jackets to keep you warm while out hiking this fall. But the best part of this guide is your chance to win a pair of boots from Wolverine. So, read on, enter to win and then get out and enjoy the fall colors.
Wolverine Impact Hiker
The Wolverine Impact hiker promises everyday comfort and function. Waterproof suede upper and a waterproof membrane promises dry feet in wet weather, while a Wolverine M-6 rubber lug outsole offers dependable traction. NXT sockliner controls odor and provides performance arch support. And thanks to our friends at Wolverine we are giving away one pair to a lucky winner. For a chance to win, use the box below to either tweet about this giveaway or like us on Facebook. To increase your odds you can do both as well as tweet about this giveaway each day. You earn 2 point for liking us on Facebook and you can earn 1 point each day for tweeting about the giveaway.
For any hiking trip having the right shoe will make all the difference. The Terrex Swift R GTX is an off trail scrambler that is lined with Gore-Tex for extended comfort and has an adiPRENE insert for comfort and shock absorption. The outsole is made with a Traxion rubber for optimal grip in wet conditions.
• Lining: Gore-Tex and Mesh and synthetic upper for lightweight and comfort.
• Sockliner: Molded sockliner to enhance comfort and fit
• Midsole: Lightweight EVA midsole for long term cushioning
The Clamor Shirt looks and feels like that classic twill yarn-died plaid shirt that everyone loves, but in fact it's actually a completely technical layer. No one suspects its' 100 percent synthetic fabric, made with a hollow-core polyester thread that efficiently traps heat, and offers all the benefits of quick drying and moisture management.
• Quick Drying
• Curved Hem
• Chest Button Pockets
• Front Button Closures
• Fabric 100% polyester, hollow-core woven flannel, yarn died plaid
Gramicci is dedicated in designing great clothing for those who love the outdoors. The Rockin' Sport pants are no exception. The gusseted crotch provides greater freedom of movement while hiking or just moving around outdoors. Double clasp belt, working zipper fly and adjustable waistband make these pants comfortable. But the closed-end weave in all combed cotton, creates a long-lasting pant. Bastian Garment dyed using low impact dyes reducing both water and energy use.
• Free Style G Fit: Relaxed seat and thigh with a straight leg silhouette.
• Circa 1990-Evolutionary Gramicci G Climbing Pant with a zipper fly.
• Flex Fit Elastic Waistband with Adjustable Nylon Belt with 2-Piece buckle.
• Diamond engineered gusset for freedom of movement.
• Deep "Never Lost" front pockets, 2 back pockets with Velcro closure.
Mountain Khakis introduces the new Rendezvous layering collection using the finest Washable Merino Wool from New Zealand. The Rendezvous Hoodie in the collection features a hood sewn to the 3” collar for excellent protection against the elements. Lycra - bound thumb loops keeps the sleeve in place when using this as a mid layer. This has quickly climbed to the top of my favorite jackets for fall. Watch for the full review of this hoodie soon.
With the temperature dropping each day, it is important to have the right jacket for your outdoor adventures in fall. The Nano Puff is a great example of what to look for in a jacket. Windproof and water-resistant, the full-zip Nano Puff Jacket is made with warm, incredibly lightweight, highly compressible 60-g PrimaLoft ONE insulation, and is ideal as an insulating layer or outerwear in cold climates. The jacket stuffs away into an internal zippered chest pocket that has a carabiner clip-in loop. It also has two zippered handwarmer pockets, elasticized cuffs and a dual-adjust drawcord hem to seal out wind and seal in warmth.
• Lightweight ripstop recycled polyester shell fabric has a Deluge® DWR finish
• Lightweight 60-g PrimaLoft® One insulation provides excellent warmth and compressibility
• Brick quilting pattern with horizontal quilt lines on side panels uses durable thread for improved abrasion-resistance
• Center-front zipper has wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
• Two zippered handwarmer pockets have clean finished zipper garages; zippered internal chest pocket doubles as a self-stuff sack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
• Drawcord-adjustable drop tail hem seals out wind
• Shell and Lining: 1.4-oz 22-denier 100% recycled polyester with a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 60-g PrimaLoft® ONE 100% polyester
On some hikes all you need is a little protection from the wind. This Ultralight Wind Jacket packs down small and is lightweight. You should never have to leave home without it this fall. The windblocking nylon has been treated with a durable water-repellent finish to repel moisture but the fabric still allows breathability when you work up a sweat.
• Stows into its own pouch and fits in your pocket
Geared for hiking, backpacking and trekking, Point6 Merino and Celliant creates the optimal performance fabric by blending the comfort and temperature regulating properties of wool with the performance enhancing capabilities of Celliant. The key to Celliant’s performance lies in its unique ability to recycle human energy. Celliant ﬁbers capture the body’s energy and return it to the wearer. This triggers biological processes that help increase blood ﬂow and oxygenation to the skin, ultimately speeding recovery and boosting athletic performance.
The Ballston Spa is a lightweight crew sock that provides full density cushioning on the bottom of the foot. Designed for the hiker looking for a lightweight option that provides full cushioning of the foot.
At half the wool yarn weight of the company’s Cushion socks, the new Light Cushion Hike/Trek socks are a perfect fit for the demanding hiker who desires resilient cushioning in an incredibly low-volume sock. Knit with superfine, 17.2-micron Merino wool yarns at a density of 1,441 stitches per square inch, the new Light Cushion socks from Darn Tough Vermont are lighter than and just as durable as the brand’s other styles. Hot spots and blisters are minimized, if not altogether banished, thanks to True-Seamless knitting technology, which finishes the sock with a virtually undetectable toe seam. An extended ring-toe and deep heel and toe pockets create a foot-hugging fit, while strategically placed densities of material throughout the sock offer areas for enhanced moisture wicking, breathability and flex.
• Naturally antimicrobial so it repels bacteria and odor
I have been wearing Thorlos socks since I was a teenager and have loved them. New this year, the ULHX Ultralight Hiking sock is perfect for those looking for a cooler sock to wear while hiking or daily use. These sock feature Coolmax fibers which is great at wicking moisture and keeping your feet cooler. These are recommended for hikers who have minor or no foot issues.
The trampoline suspension on the Spirit 12 pack delivers superb breathability and offers ideal carrying capacity for your fastest and lightest excursions. Definitely not the biggest pack but it is loaded with features. It has a hydration sleeve with dual shoulder strap ports and mesh gel pockets on the shoulder straps enabling quick access to both food and hydration.
• Dual panel loader
• Hydration sleeve with dual shoulder strap ports
• Breezeway™ trampoline backpanel
• Reflective highlights and bungee
• Diamond airmesh with DWR anti-sweat shoulder straps
Enjoy short tours as much as long ones with the Wizard 24+4. This roomy all-round talent pack has an up-to-date look with carrying capacity expansion. Aeroflex Easy Adjust suspension and F.L.A.S.H shoulder straps provide adjustability and comfort to this pack. The net/trampoline like back suspension has pull loops at the hipbelt that adjusts the ventilation space between the pack and the back. F.L.A.S.H. shoulder straps are adjustable in length using an easy Velcro strap.
Fall is a great time to get out in the mountain but rain and early snow storms can make hiking muddy and wet at times. The Tourbillon Stretch eVent Gaiter is constructed with highly breathable and waterproof eVent Super Lightweight 3 Layer upper and side calf panels to help keep you dry. Also the rear gaiter panel is constructed from GRANITE STRETCH Waterproof to provide flexibility when wrapping the gaiter around the calf. Featuring ‘hockey stick’ front Velcro closure system that reduces excess fabric across the top of the boot and enhances comfort during use.
• Weight: 7.4oz (SIZE L)
• GRANITE STRETCH Waterproof across upper ankle for stretch during foot movement and steep ascents
• Upper GRANITE STRETCH panel with drawcord around top of calf to help prevent weather entry
• GRANITE STRETCH panel around rear upper heel to create tight seal around boot top
• Reinforced RAPTOR UTL kick panels around ankle and over length of Velcro closure
• Ergonomic pattern and design to create a good fit with articulation to allow for dynamic movement
• Webbing under boot adjusts internally with Velcro patches to accommodate a variety of boot shapes and sizes
• High quality lightweight Nifco front connecting hook that faces upright to prevent it coming undone
Weighing in at only 8.5 oz., the Escape is versatile enough to function as an emergency outdoor survival bivvy, a lightweight warm-weather sleeping bag or even a sleeping bag liner to extend your bags temperature rating by 15F. Marking a major innovation in survival shelter technology, the SOL Escape solves the age-old design flaw that afflicts most bivvies – excess moisture build-up. Made from a vacuum metalized spun-bonded olefin, the Escape’s groundbreaking design lets condensation escape at the same time it keeps rain, snow and wind on the outside. The special material also reflects body heat, so you can survive the unexpected night outdoors without waking up soaking wet. The Escape is a comfortable 84” long by 36” wide.