From the start I was impressed by the design and look of the Rogue 1 from ICON. I have now been using it for about 5 months and it has worked great. This light works great on a morning run or for looking for a toy under the couch. The open architecture design feels great in the hand and makes it easy to secure the supplied lanyard. The rogue 1 has two light output settings: 50 lumens and 6 lumens. It is a breeze to swtich from one ouptut to the other but clicking the tailcap. The Rogue is also a tough little light. It has been dropped, left out in the cold and chewed on by my kids, and still works great. It has an O-ring to keep out moisture and making it waterproof to 1 meter.
The downsides to this light, are size and the fact that it is a flashlight. I have been using headlamps for years now and have come to enjoy the hands free aspects of them. But that said, I have grapped this light repeatedly over my headlamps in many situations. The size of this light is a little bigger than other 1 AA battery flashlight. But that being said, the size does make it a better fit in your hand. You will not be disappointed by this light if you get one.
If you are looking for a full-proof, compact light, this is a great option. I have been so impressed with this light that I have recommended it to others. If you are looking for a little more light output, then you might want to try the Rogue 2. My little brother wanted a flashlight for search and rescue and I recommended that my dad get him the Rogue 2. The big difference between the two light is light ouput. The Rogue 2 is 100 lumens and 10 lumens using 2 AA batteries.
- High-strength aluminum body with open architecture design; effectively dissipates heat and fits comfortably in the hand
- Durable power-regulated LED maximizes output and runtime; never needs replacing
- Micro-textured reflector creates a smooth, powerful beam
- Ergonomic "clickie" tailcap switch allows for easy switching between two output levels
- Powered by one AA alkaline battery; included
- Sealed with O-rings; waterproof to one meter for 30 minutes.
- Light output: 50/6 lumens
- Runtime: 3/70 hours
- Length: 4.5 inches
- Weight: 3.8 ounces
- Battery: one AA alkaline