Second up in the Father's Day series is the lifestyle gear guide. The gear featured in this guide is tough enough to handle anything the outdoors can dish out, but is designed to look good as well. Dad shouldn't have to look bad while enjoying the outdoors.
Freestyle Hammerhead XL
If dad is looking for a watch that can handle the water, look no further. The Hammerhead XL is built to last.The watch comes with a 50mm stainless steel case, screw down crown, luminous hands and markers, 3-hand movement with date, and a durable band. Also it is good down to 200 meters in the water. All this while looking great.
• 7-hand movement with chronograph
• Screw down crown
• Luminous hands
• One-way ratcheted timing bezel
• Durable polyurethane strap
• Solid stainless steel case
• MSRP: 175.00
Timex Expedition WS4
When dad is going into the backcountry and needs more than a timepiece, the Timex Expedition WS4 might just fit the bill. The WS4 watch is named for its signature widescreen display and ability to deliver four critical outdoor metrics on-demand including altitude, barometric pressure, temperature and direction. It also serves as a versatile timepiece, chronograph, alarm and timer. The Timex Expedition WS4 is available in six styles, including combinations of black, orange, yellow, blue and white.
• MSRP: $200 U.S.
MK Teton Twill
The Teton Twill is definitively Mountain Khakis classic khaki pant. The Teton Twill looks good enough to wear to the office but is rugged enough to be worn out hiking. Count on these pants being your dad's go to pants when needing something with a little class to wear but still needs the durability to last.
• 8.5oz, 100% Cotton Twill
• Welt Back Pockets
• Diamond-Shaped Action Gusset
• YKK® Zipper
• Reinforced Heel Cuffs
• 5 Pockets
• Triple-Stitched Seams
• Mid-Rise, Relaxed Fit
• MSRP: $72.95
If dad is a fisherman this shirt is worth checking out. Designed to function like a set of gills, the side-venting panels channel cooling airflow across your body creating a constant, refreshing natural air-conditioning system. Another set of deftly placed vents allows air to escape out the back, maximizing the effect. Also with Omni-Shield dad can spill a little dinner on himself and it will come clean.
• Omni-Freeze™ fabric keeps you cool in the heat
• Omni-Shade™ keeps you protected from the sun with UPF50
• Omni-Shield™ Blood `N Guts™ resists soil and slime and releases stains keeping you clean and protected
• Roll up sleeves
• Flip up collar for sun protection
• Relaxed Fit
• Stain Resistant
• Fully vented
• Buttoned down collar
• MSRP: $80.00
Men’s REI Adventure shorts
The REI Adventures shorts offer quick-drying convenience and travel-savvy details that are a perfect match for an active dad's lifestyle.
• Lightweight peached nylon fabric wicks moisture and dries quickly to keep you comfortable on the go; fabric has a soft, smooth feel
• With a UPF 50+ rating, fabric provides excellent protection against harmful ultraviolet rays
• Secure your travel and trail essentials in the 2 side-seam zippered pockets; front hand pockets and zippered back pockets provide additional storage
• Right hand pocket has an interior coin pocket
• Gusseted crotch allows unrestricted range of motion
• MSRP: $36.50
Hi-Tec Salt Creek Short Sleeve Shirt
This shirt from Hi-Tec is categorized under casual tech shirts. Meaning that dad could just where this shirt around the house or on casual Friday at the office, but he could also wear it while he summits his favorite peak. You never know when the camera will come out for pictures and you might as well have your dad looking the best when it does.
• Wicking Quick drying fabric
• Tri-flow venting system
• Double chest pockets
• Zippered security pockets
• UPF 30
• MSRP: $54.95
Rockport has been known for years for their dress shoes, but dad can look good in some of their casual shoes as well. One of our favorites is the Collins.
• Waxed suede upper is easy to clean and maintain to extend product life
• Napa leather/fabric linings help provide moisture absorption and abrasion resistance
• Incorporates EVA and with adiPRENE by adidas sole technology which provides highly shock absorbent cushioning, protecting the heel at impact
• Rubber outsole provides durable grip on a variety of surfaces
• Flex grooves in outsole provides forefoot flexibility
• MSRP: $100
Formentor Boat Shoe Class IITimberland continues its tradition of providing sailing enthusiasts with best-in-class footwear for their summer outdoor adventures. Headlining the story is the new Formentor Boat Shoe, which provides superior performance, maximum surface contact and traction on wet surfaces with GSR Gripstick rubber and multi-directional siped outsoles. It also features ion–mask technology by P2i, providing the perfect combination of water-repellency and breathability.
• Provides barefoot comfort using air-tech mesh in upper, minimal seams and a cushioned footbed
• Elasticized lace keeper prevents loose ends from catching on deck hazards
• Hydrophobic breathable materials combined with ion-mask™ technology by P2i shed water easily
• Reflective piping for enhanced safety
• X-Static anti-microbial footbed and lining for odor/fungal control
• Low-profile EVA midsole for lightweight cushioning
• Timberland GSR™ Gripstick™ rubber and multidirectional siped outsole designed to maximize surface contact for superior traction on wet surfaces
• SRP $115
An upgrade from the Donny, this sidewalk surfer features a premium leather upper that will be sure to become a regular in any Dad’s wardrobe.
• Super Soft, High Rebound, Molded EVA Footbed featuring
• AEGIS Antimicrobial additive
• Premium Rubber Happy U Outsole
• Handmade Suede Upper featuring Signature
• “Donny” Poncho Inspired Embossing
• Donny Poncho and Canvas Liner
• MSRP: $75
Flojos's Supremo Sandels
Tell Dad he’s the best with the über-comfy Supremo sandals, which pair unparalleled cushy comfort in the sole with a fabric-lined vegan leather strap to provide the ultimate soothing sandal for every dad.
• MSRP: $33
Tilley Broad-brimmed Organic Cotton Hat (T7MO)
Tilley’s popular Organic Cotton fabric is teamed with breathable UPF 50+ mesh to create a hat for the serious outdoors person. The brim has a distinct downward slope, specifically designed to keep the sun and rain off your back neck. Breathable mesh panel and lightweight organic cotton makes this hat so comfortable, you will you have it on.
Defcon from Ryders Eyewear
The only reason my dad has cool shades is because I buy them for him. The new Defcon from Ryders Eyewear offers polarization and photochromic technology that allows dad to wear sun glasses in an array of environments. Polar-photo lenses protect eyes from glare as well as in any time of brightness. The tint of the lenses will change depending on the intensity of the sun. Shatterproof and scratch-resistant lenses with 100% UV protection ensure the highest quality of protection for your peepers while hydrophilic temple tips and nose pads ensure that the frames stay put on your face, no matter how sweaty you are.
Fatheadz Moondance Glasses
If your dad has struggled in the past to find shades that fit his oversized head, you will need to check out Fatheadz line of glasses. Fatheadz offers shades and prescription glasses for those who are unable to wear average sized eyewear. Fatheadz also offers eyewear in standard and intermediate sizes. The Moondance glasses have copper colored wire frames and comes with brown impact resistant lenses.
• MSRP: $35
Bamboo Bottle Company
Finally, there’s a clean, safe and stylish bottle that is made from the practically inexhaustible resources of bamboo and glass. Bamboo gives our bottles style and strength. The glass guarantees safe, clean drinking at all temperatures. Whether you’re chugging ice-cold water or sipping on steaming-hot tea, this uber-cool bottle is BPA-free, ensuring no chemicals leach into your drink. To clean your bottle, simply unscrew the top to remove the dishwasher-safe glass.
• MSRP: $25.00
• Size: 17 oz
Groove from CamelBak
If your dad is always buying bottled water or just loves to drink any water that is filtered the Groove is the way to go. CamelBak, recently launched Groove, a portable filtration device that provides you with access to freshly filtered water. Whether Dad is running errands or at the airport, Groove saves money and time! Additionally, the exclusive patented Big Bite Valve helps you drink up to 24% more (recent Pepperdine University Study), and is also used by astronauts in space!
• It is designed and engineered to reduce chlorine and other impurities from potable tap water sources.
• As water is drawn through the straw, the filter reduces chlorine taste and odor.
• The replaceable filter is made of sustainable plant-based coconut carbon, which has more active sites for absorption.
• Recent testing has shown that Groove is good for 300 refills, each swappable filter replaces 375 plastic water bottles
• It’s available in stainless steel ($35), as well as a variety of colors ($25).
STANLEY Nineteen13 Collection
For the dad who prefers a little ‘edge’ with his morning coffee, STANLEY’s Nineteen13 collection provides water bottles, travel mugs, vacuum bottles and the revolution carbonated drink bottle with some flair for the unexpected. Want to show some ‘love for his suds’? The carbonated drink bottle keeps beer chilled for 3+ hours!
• MSRP: $10 - $30
BRX Explore 22 Upright
This bag was built to maximum carry-on dimensions but only weighs 7.5 pounds, meaning you get the most out of your carry-on allowance. You could be saving Dad a checked-bag fee every time he travels, and that's worth some brownie points.
Easy pack main compartment with wide nylon compression panels keep your gear flat and neat Inside top lid features wet/dry pocket and essentials compartment for additional organization
• Padded sleeve for laptop storage
• Expandable slash pocket perfect for light jacket, guide books or maps
• Tapered zip expansion keeps bag lightweight while maximizing carry-on capacity
• High performance 420d ripstop and packcloth nylon, along with technical grade hardware/components
• External buckle system allows any two BRX bags to quickly connect together to become one checkable piece of luggage or even easier carry-on
• Multiple grab handles with moisture wicking mesh lining surround bag for ease of carry and loading/unloading.
• This bags come with their 'Simple as that' lifetime warranty that even covers airline damage.
• MSRP: $290
Magellan RoadMate 9055-LM 7-Inch Auto GPS
If dad says that he never gets lost but you know that you have past the same spot three time, stop by and pick up the Magellan RoadMate 9055 -LM The RoadMate 9055-LM is the first large screen GPS from Magellan to offer FREE lifetime map updates, and it's a feature-rich navigation designed to enhance driver safety and enable easy viewing. The 9055-LM provides lifetime traffic, Magellan's exclusive OneTouch user interface, Bluetooth connectivity to mobile devices and, thanks to an exclusive partnership with AAA, the AAA TourBook built into the unit. The unit also comes with a specialized heavy-duty Extension Mount that brings the GPS up close and personal.
The extra-large screen size was originally designed for Minivans, SUVs, RVs and trucks. Magellan's unique retractable arm that allows users with smaller vehicles enjoy all of the benefits of this oversize screen.
• MSRP of $299.99.