Now that winter is here and the temperature has dropped finding the right gear for you dad or husband is important. Most of the products listed here will help dad stay warm this winter, as others will just have him looking good. And if your dad has ever thought about fly fishing or loves it already the last few products will sure to be winners.
Salomon Minim Down Jacket
The Salomon Minim Down Jacket is both warm and light. One of the nice features of this jacket is the wind protection that it provides. Salomon has used Pertex Quantum to add windproofing to the jacket to keep the cold out. This is also an excellent layering piece when the weather gets ugly.
• 1 chest pocket
• 2 zipped pockets
• Down Insulation
• Pertex Quantum®
• MSRP $240
Hi-Tec Sandstone Peak Parka
The Sandstone Peak Parka is a great jacket for almost anytime during winter. This 3 in 1 jacket provides warm and protection from the elements. With multiple pockets, you will always have a place to stash snacks and extras. The hood is adjustable or could just be removed. If
• Shell – Two-layer 75D*150D Polyester with Dri-Tec for full waterproofing with the weight
• Lining – 100% Polyester lining wicking mesh provides a comfortable fit and feel.
• Insulation – Removable down jacket insert with 550 fill power keeps you warm.
• Adjustable and removable storm hood rolls up for quick storage.
• 2 hand warmers and 2 exterior chest pockets protects your valuables.
• Interior security pocket with headphone coed loop provides a safe place to store your tunes.
• Single-hand draw cord for on the fly adjustment.
• MSRP: $279.95
Mountain Khakis Old Faithful Sweater
Help dad look good while staying warm with the Old Faithful Sweater. The sweater is made of 12.8oz heathered sweater-knit polyester while has a brushed interior for next-to-skin softness. Adjustable snap cuffs give it a jacket feel. 2 zip handwarmer pockets. 2 chevron snap chest pockets. Interior stash pockets. Grosgrain-reinforced interior windflap.
• 12.8oz, 100% Polyester
• Heathered Sweater-Knit Face with Brushed Interior
• YKK® Zippers
• 2 Zip Handwarmer Pockets
• 2 Chevron Snap Chest Pockets
• Adjustable Snap Cuffs
• Interior Stash Pockets
• Grosgrain-Reinforced Interior Windflap
• Embroidered Logo Treatment on Back Right Shoulder
• Athletic Fit
• MSRP: $119.95
Mountain Khakis Flannel-Lined OMP
If your dad cannot stop wearing his Original Mountain Khakis or if he has never tried them, the Flannel-Lined OMPs are a great addition to any guy’s wardrobe. Lined with flannel to add both softness and warm yet still durable on the outside. “Durability meets toast-ability. “
• 10.4oz, 2-ply, 100% Cotton Canvas
• 60% Cotton/40% Poly Flannel Lining
• Diamond-Shaped Action Gusset
• YKK® Zipper
• Reinforced Heel Cuffs
• 5 Pockets
• Triple-Stitched Seams
• Mid-Rise, Relaxed Fit
• MSRP: $94.95
Columbia Midweight Baselayers
If your dad loves to play in the outdoors during winter, a good baselayer is essential. Columbia’s new baselayers will not disappoint. Columbia’s new baselayer series offers maximum warmth, minimum weight, and zoned performance for optimal comfort. The bodymapped design keeps you warm and dry in all the right spots by placing Omni-Heat® reflective dots in zones that need warmth most, and Omni-Wick™ in high-perspiration zones for maximum moisture transmission.
• Fabric: 86% polyester/14% elastane
• Omni-Heat thermal reflective
• Omni-Wick advanced evaporation
• Form fit
• 4-way comfort stretch
• Ergonomic seaming
• Thumb holes
• MSRP: Top - $60.00 and Bottoms - $55.00
As the temperature has dropped keep dads head warm with the Tilley Aviator Hat. Designed for optimum warmth, the outer fabric is 100% wool with genuine shearling on the earflaps and forehead warmer and the inside is finished with a nylon satin quilted lining. The trendy yet functional leather tabs can secure the earflaps in a 'flaps up' position or under the chin as needed.
• Guaranteed for life not to wear out
• Insured against loss
• Leather snap tab fasteners to secure flaps up or under the chin
• Real shearling earflaps and forehead warmer
• Quilted satin lining
• Treated for rain and snow repellency
• Secret pocket
• Crushable and packable
• Weighs 10.5 ounces
• MSRP: $129.00
Mountain Hardwear Zeus Glove
Have you ever noticed at the end of the day your gloves have felt a little heavier? The Zeus has fixed that problem by bonding the waterproof, breathable OutDry® membrane to a tough 4-way stretch Nylon shell, sealing out water, wind, and cold. Also made with Goatskin leather fingers and palm and 1000D Cordura to resist abrasion.
• OutDry® Waterproof Technology: extremely waterproof, totally windproof.
• "Extreme Precurve" patterning with Kevlar stitching provides unprecedented fit and dexterity
• 4-way stretch nylon soft shell fabric offers a snug, flexible fit
• Durable, water-resistant goatskin leather fingers and palm
• Warm, soft wool/polyester-blend lining
• Thermic Micro™ insulation at the back of the hand
• Short, close fitting stretch gauntlet is low profile for a comfortable under the cuff fit
• Pull-on webbing loop at wrist
• MSRP: $95.00
If your dad or husband cannot put his gadgets down even in the bitter cold, you might want to get him Enduro gloves. They might just save a finger or two. The Enduro is a durable cold weather glove designed to provide superior warmth and dexterity for a variety of rugged outdoor activities. With the controllable warmth of the Exhale Heating System; your hands will stay warm and dry all winter long.
• Tec Touch™ pods on the index finger and thumb allow you to operate your iPod®, iPhone® or other touch screen device without removing your gloves.
• Patented Exhale Heating System™ offers on-demand warmth; warm your fingers with a quick blast of breath without taking your gloves off.
• Padded synthetic leather palm patches enhance grip in cold weather and reduce vibration.
• Neoprene knuckle padding and cuff provide maximum impact protection and comfort.
• 100% polyester insulation.
• MSRP: $50.00
Treksta Assault GTX
When that peak calls your name, answer it with the Assault GTX. From the minute you tighten the laces, you’ll know this boot is built with your year-round backpacking trips in mind.
• NestFIT system cradles your feet, accounting for every contour as it follows the natural flow and curves of the foot.
• Molded leather heel system for superior lateral support
• Full-length NestFIT shaped nylon shank between the insole and midsole provides plenty of protection from varying trail conditions
• IceLock/HyperGrip sole provides traction in any condition
• Gore-Tex waterproof/breathable membrane for dry feet
VIVOBAREFOOT Off Road Hiking Boots
If minimalism is part of your dad or he would like to start VIVOBAREFOOT has a shoe for him. The new Off Road Mid and Off Road Hi are just two boots that they offer. The Off Road outsole is designed with multidirectional lugs that maximize grip, a puncture resistant layer that maximizes protection while being ultra-thin to “maximize proprioception.” A waterproof and breathable sock construction allow your feet to stay dry while a vegetable tanned abrasion resistant upper with rip-stop nylon trimmings make certain for extra durability.
• Upper: Pull Up Leather
• Collar/Panel & Lining: Woven Nylon & Polyster, Polyurethane
• Insoles: 3.0 mm Press EVA Insole
• Lacing: Speedhook eyelets
• Sole Type: Off road grip
• Outsole Thickness: 3.0 mm Base, 5.0 mm Lugg Height
• Weight w/ Insoles: 13.9 oz.
• Weight w/o Insoles: 13.4 oz.
• Eco-Credentials: Usage of Eco Friendly materials. Minimum chrome leather; soles made from recycled rubber; Drilex performance lining with environmentally sustainable Sorona yarn.
• MSRP: Mid - $170.00 and Hi - $185.00
Rockport Final Approach
It’s time to reach the summit more comfortably. Whatever incline, terrain or weather you’re tackling, the Final Approach collection brings style. This rugged boot has a lightweight design that doesn’t skimp on grip, padding, or waterproofing, by using adiPRENE by adidas and Hydro-Shield.
• Padded collar to help prevent blisters
• Padded tongue to help prevent lace bruising
• EVA with adidas adiPRENE® highly shock-absorbent cushioning protects the heel at impact
• Rubber provides a durable grip on a variety of surfaces,
• EVA provides lightweight shock absorption for reducing foot & leg fatigue
• Full grain leather is easy to clean & maintain to extend product life
• adidas adiPRENE®- Highly shock-absorbent cushioning protects the heel at impact
• Hydro-Shield™ waterproofing substances are tanned into the leather
• special seam-sealant helps keep foot dry in wet weather
• MSRP: $140
If style is what your dad needs this Christmas, you will have to check out the Kamuela by Olukai. This shoe balances toughness with beauty. With full grain leather on the outside, a soft microfiber lining on the inside and an all-weather rubber outsole, this shoe can handle winter with style.
• Naturally weather-resistant full grain leather or waxed nubuck, soft microfiber synthetic suede lining with anti-microbial treatment.
• Anatomical dual-density PU footbed for cushion and support with microfiber synthetic suede cover. Removable, washable, and anti-microbial.
• All-weather rubber outsole with full grain leather foxing and non-marking rubber traction pods.
• Wide ankle opening and roomy toe box
• Embossed Polynesian Moko tattoo art detail
• MSRP: $150.00
If you want an aggressive look that can match you every step of the way, look no further than the Python. The Python is new for 2011 and perfect for medium faces. Get a pair of Pythons and help dad be ready for whatever his next adventure might be.
• B88 Frames
• Carbo Glas® Coating
• Polycarbonate lenses
• Pinless hinges seamlessly connect temples to frame fronts, eliminating mechanisms that can break down.
• MSRP: $69.99
The Boiler is a casual, contemporary men’s frame with extremely flexible and durable TR90 frames and inset hydrophilic nose pads for hours of comfort. The polycarbonate lens, providing 100% uva, b and c protection, are optically correct, shatter-proof and scratch resistant. Available in essential (basic) and polarized models.
• MSPR: $39.99/$69.99
Redington Voyant Outfit
Redington makes it simple for anyone from novice to advanced, men anglers to get on the water quickly with new Voyant Outfit. The Voyant Outfit comes with the lightweight Surge reel from Redington already pre-spooled with a RIO Mainstream line and leader. The rod has alignment dots for easy setup and a durable anodized aluminum reel seat ideal for saltwater and a wood reel seat for freshwater. The outfits are available in 4, 5, 6, or 8 weights all at 9-feet in length. These outfits are designed to get anglers on the water ready to go and takes the guessing out of matching up fly fishing gear.
• Fast action
• Alignment dots for easy rod set up
• Surge fly reel on outfits
• Large arbor design for easier and quicker retrieve
• Easy to change spool
• Strong disc drag system for great fish stopping power
• Lifetime Warranty
• MSRP: $299.95
Montana Fly Co. Aluminum Fly Boxes
These aluminum fly boxes are sure to be conversational pieces while out on the river. Montana Fly Co. has artwork from four distinct and outstanding artists: Bern Sundell, A.D. Maddox, Travis Sylvester and Josh Udesen. Each artist's work is digitally coated to high-quality, durable MFC aluminum fly boxes, giving anglers options to spice up their everyday gear with color and character. Aluminum fly box options include Artist Box with Slit Foam and 10 Compartment Aluminum Box.
• Aluminum Box w/ Slit Foam MSRP $34.99
• 10 Compartment Aluminum Box MSRP $39.99
• Plastic Fly Box MSRP range from $19.99–$24.99
Fishpond's Southern Cross Fishing Journal
Fishpond's Southern Cross Fishing Journal helps record a day of fishing or even just outdoor adventures fun in this beautiful 162 page journal. The 16 custom photographs and the seven year calendar/trip planner make this journal something no angler or outdoors person will leave behind.
• 16oz. waxed cotton canvas
• Blind embossed leather journal cover
• 162 pages of journal entries
• 16 custom photographs that illustrate the tradition of fishing (see notecard images above)
• Zippered, soft-sided protective nylon travel case with accessory pocket
• Seven-year calendar/trip planner with moon cycles and key holidays
• Daily entries
• MSRP: $64.95