While at the Summer Outdoor Retail show I was able to visit several great venders. Each vender had so many great products, but what intrigued me most was the variety of bags that were available. The three venders that I would like to highlight each sell bags with very different uses. The first vender, Overland Equipment, sells bags that are more for everyday use, with features for traveling, electronics, or just for toting the essentials. Next is STM Bags, an entire line of bags geared toward your technology. Lastly, Kiva Bags for your innovative travel bags.
Overland Equipment was started in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, “where getting outside is a way of life.” Their bags are all functional, versatile, durable, and crafted with a purpose. I would like to highlight their 30 anniversary line called the Bidwell Collection. Each of these stylish bags sports a beautifully embroidered “Tree of Life” which gives homage to bees, sun and trees, all life-sustaining factors in our healthy existence on planet Earth. Last year they donated a portion of their sales to the community to build bee friendly gardens in their area.
The bag called the Bidwell is my favorite. Also check out my review on the Sierra, a very versatile bag with tons of awesome features! Check their website for all their great products. www.overlandequipment.com
• 2 interior mesh water bottles
• Adjustable leather shoulder strap with bronze hardware, leather zipper pulls and key ring
• Magnetic front closure
• 2-way leather pull zippers to main compartment
• 5-pocket front organizer
• Interior mesh zippered coin pocket
• Dimensions: 9.5" x 8.25" x 4.5" (H x W x D)
• Weight: 1.4 lbs. (lbs)
• Materials: 420 D Nylon with 210 D Ripstop Nylon Liner
STM bags are bags designed to “protect your technology.” Founded in Australia, their mission is “to come up with a more comfortable, secure and stylish means of transporting your laptop” (and various other technology items.) I really like the story of how this company was started, because it seems so simple, and we know we’ve all done something like this, so here’s the quick version…
“You could say bubble wrap doesn't really cut it. Well at least for Ethan (co-founder). Trying somehow to conceal the fact that he worked in the IT Department was a bit of daunting task. A sea of boring black bags that screamed, "I work for the Man." was not really helping. The solution of the laptop wrapped in bubble wrap and tucked into a hiking pack resulted in the classic "There's got to be a better way!" The rest, as they say is history.”
There are two new products that I would like to highlight; one is called the Velo, the other, the Scout.
The Velo is the perfect solution for the everyday commute. Travel by bike, auto, plane or train, the Velo completely organizes even the most complicated day.
• Front fleece lined drop pocket for phone, iPod or sunglasses
• Comfortable top grab handle
• Main flap secured with two quick release buckles
• Two zippered side pockets for water, umbrella, etc.
• Back slip pocket for paperwork and zippered option to slip over a luggage handle
• Comfortable, padded and adjustable shoulder strap
• Unique side-entry laptop protection compartment lined with super plush corduroy and high density foam
• Large main compartment for paperwork with soft nylex lined tablet/e-reader pocket
• Multiple organizer pockets for chargers, cords, memory devices, keys, wallet, travel docs, etc.
The Scout comes in four sizes, medium, small, extra small, and iPad size. Each has the same features, but you can decide which suits you best.
The Scout medium includes:
• Super-comfortable shoulder pad and removable shoulder strap for a fully loaded pain-free carry
• Interior laptop section protects with a felt lining and high-density foam.
• Large main compartment gives easy access to documents and folders
• Front utility pockets hold keys, cords, and mobile devices and can be accessed without un-clipping front panel
• Holds most 15" laptops
Go to this link for more details on these and other STM bags http://www.stmbags.com/
Next up is Kiva bags. “KIVA products give you the freedom to embark on new adventures with durable, fun, and functional bags that look great and roll with any style. At KIVA, we are inspired by travelers - those individuals who cast out into unfamiliar places seeking a sense of renewal and wonder.” While Kiva has many different types of bags, their luggage is quite exceptional. They have created a luggage line called the Packing Genius where you can fit everything into just a few bags, great for air travel or just the overnighter.
One specific item I would love to mention is their compressible packing cubes. After packing these cubes, they easily compress to almost half their height. Better organization in less space.
• Includes 3 "cubes" - 1 large (15" x 11.5" x 5") and 2 Medium (11.5" x 7.75" x 5")
• See-through mesh is security and customs friendly
• Compress your packing cube items and reduce space needs by half
• Patent Pending
Whatever you need to haul, there is a bag for you! Happy Shopping!