Christmas is 3 days away and you are still wondering what to get someone. Well this guide is full of gear that is great for any winter adventure. This is our last gift guide of the year. We hope that the gift guides this year made your shopping just a little easier. As always, we would love to hear your comments. Happy Holidays!
Mizuno Wave Rider 15
Wave Rider 15 is truly the manifestation of all the best attributes from the previous 14 generations, and is set to make waves in the running and fitness worlds. To honor the 15th anniversary of Mizuno’s most celebrated model, a limited 15th Anniversary Edition Wave Rider will be available. In addition to the award-winning Wave Technology, WR15 features new and improved SmoothRide Engineering. By introducing larger flex grooves and new flex controllers, designed to mimic the natural movements of the foot, Mizuno’s SmoothRide Engineering provides a noticeably harmonic running experience. You’d feel the difference given the chance to run in Wave Rider 15.
• MSRP: $114.99
Terra Momentus All-Terrain Guidance Trainer
The Terra Momentus is a natural running shoe (facilitates natural-running form) is designed for technical mountain trails or groomed urban paths, and transitions smoothly from trail to road. The high-traction outsole and actuator lugs grip the trail and closed-mesh upper keeps out dirt and debris while still remaining breathable. Recommended for trail running, walking and hiking.
• Highly breathable, closed mesh keeps out debris
• Non-stretch upper and webbing provides lateral stability
• Slip-proof laces with heel-securing double eyelets
• Lightweight flexible molded P.U. support frame
• Reinforced toe cap
• Reflective logo and heel tab
• Gusseted tongue
• Tuned Action/Reaction Technology™ forefoot and heel
• Biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate
• Tuned firm high-rebound EVA
• ETC anti-friction, anti-bacterial sockliner
• High traction and durability rubber compound
• MSRP: $139.00
Teva Forge Pro Mid Winter Mid WP
This winter boot features a Hypergrip® outsole with Ice Lock™ fiberglass-infused rubber pods that grip ice like a wet tongue. The synthetic leather-and-mesh upper is lined with 200 gram-3M Thinsulate™ insulation to keep your feet warm. Teva’s T.I.D.E. Seal waterproof membrane and a gaiter-inspired neoprene collar snugly encircles the ankle to protect against snow and debris. A nylon shank adds stability while a ShocPad™ in the heel and Mush®-infused insole provided added comfort.
• Hypergrip® Ice Lock™ rubber on the sole has fiberglass-infused pods that grip to ice like a wet tongue
• A nylon shank keeps your foot stable and in control
• Our T.I.D.E. Seal waterproof membrane will keep your feet dry even as you plow through the snow
• 200 grams of 3M Thinsulate™ insulation keep your feet warm when it's freezing out
• A gaiter-inspired heel collar fits snugly against your ankle to keep out rocks and snow
• Synthetic leather and mesh upper
• A Shoc Pad™ in the heel makes for a smooth ride
• Our Mush® Infused Insole brings the absurd comfort of our flip flops into a boot
• MSRP: $160
L.L.Bean Pac Boots:
Once again, our hunting team has designed a best-in-class piece of gear. This is a great boot for late-season stand hunting, ice fishing, snowmobiling and more. It's packed with incredibly warm 1,200-gram PrimaLoft® insulation that will ward off winter's chill, and lined with L.L.Bean's exclusive TEK 2.5® waterproof, breathable membrane. For even more warmth, there's a removable felt liner with a built-in reflective foil layer that helps retain heat. The BOA stainless-steel lacing system gives you the ultimate in fit and adjustability. Just turn the knob and the laces tighten to form a comfortable, stable envelope around your foot. Gusseted tongue with large opening for easy on/off. Aggressively lugged outsole provides impressive traction on snow and ice. Rugged, oversized pull-loop. 12" height. Imported.
• The warmest boots we've ever built
• Removable felt liner for even more warmth
• BOA lacing system provides the ultimate in fit and comfort
• Hide details
• Warm, waterproof boots for the serious sportsman
• MSRP: $219.00
The Hurricane includes the new developed Sympatex Climate Technology, that makes it completely waterproof, 100% breathable and is very resisting to abrasion. It has been testing for almost 2 years and its a huge step forward in outdoor footwear. The upper is constructed from an innovative combination of high-tech outer material, lining and membrane. It has a TPU overlay for added lateral support and rubber toecap for protection. A extra-hydrophobic lining with H2O-finishing and high-performance Sympatex® membrane enables fast and effective transport of sweat away from the foot.
• 100% waterproof
• Optimum breathability
• 100% windproof
• Optimum protection against
• viruses and bacteria
• Guaranteed functionality
• Robust membrane
• 300% stretch
Garmont Momentum Snow
This is a cold weather boot for extreme winter recreation. Ideal for winter hiking and snowshoeing the Momentum Snow has aggressive traction and warmth to protect you from the elements. Extra volume toe box provides room for thick socks.
• 400 g Thinsulate insulation provides a comfort rating to -25°F (-32°C)
• G-Grip dual-density outsole for grip on hard and soft surfaces
• Compression-molded EVA midsole for comfort, flex, and responsiveness
• Waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex membrane keeps water out
• Synthetic leather and fabric upper for durability and breathability
• TPU spine provides heel stability, natural flex, forefoot protection, and pronation control at the midfoot
• Extra volume in the toe box provides room for thick socks
• D-ring attachment for gaiters
• Laces move through nylon webbing that fits easily into snowshoe bindings
• Full rand for protection from snow and slush
• Widely spaced X-shaped lugs provide traction on snow, ice, and mud and self-clean
• True heel provides braking edges for descents
• MSRP: $159.95
Briggs and Riley Excursion Backpack
Excursion Backpack is ideal for any type of travel—it makes an ideal carry-on. Its large U-shaped top opening provides easy access to contents. It has an interior pocket perfect for laptop storage. Daisy chain keeps small items in reach.
• Convenient top load access allows quick/easy access to main compartment
• Large front pocket with internal organizer panel, zip side pocket for sunglasses or smaller electronics, mesh water bottle holder.
• Expandable front slash pocket perfect for quickly storing a light jacket, guide books or maps.
• Quick connect daisy chain great for attaching multiple smaller accessory items for easy access
• Main compartment with divider stores up to a 16" laptop
• Simple as that® lifetime warranty even covers airline damage—same as all Briggs & Riley bags
• View the entire BRX Collection
• Select a color: Amber
Bushnell BackTrack D-Tour
It is easier than ever to record your track and find your way back thanks to the BackTrack D-TOUR. With the ability to store up to five locations, provide simple distance and direction for each waypoint, and easily record and upload 48 hours worth of data to a PC or Mac, the D-TOUR is a must-have for the outdoor adventurer. In addition to a self-calibrating digital compass, the device provides time, temperature, altitude and latitude/longitude readings. At just six ounces, the compact device can be easily tucked away in a pack or pocket, and the backlit display makes it useful for every adventure.
• Package Includes: 1 D-Tour GPS unit, 1 Quick Start Guide, 1 USB Cable
• Runs on Windows (XP SP1 or later) and MAC (10.4.9 or later)
• 1 Year Limited Warranty
• Weather Resistant Construction
• Stores and locates up to five locations
• Includes Time (military or civilian)/Temperature (Fahrenheit or Celsius)/Altitude
• Distances in Yards/Miles or Meters/Kilometers
• Latitude and Longitude coordinates
• Logs up to 48 hours of trip data
• Available in Red or Green
• MSRP: $119.99
Mile High Mountaineering’s PowderKeg 32
From avid backcountry snowboarders and skiers to the casual slope dweller, Mile High Mountaineering’s PowderKeg 32 backpack featuring CORDURA® fabric will help keep powder hounds happy on the slopes. Loaded with features for comfort and durability, the PowderKeg 32’s VersaHaul strap system can carry skis vertically, diagonally, a-frame or horizontally, and a snowboard vertically or horizontally. Designed to provide durability and enhanced performance characteristics, the main pack body uses a 315 denier ripstop CORDURA® Lite fabric, and the bottom of the pack features 840 denier CORDURA® Ballistic fabric. Additionally, the pack frame combined with the variCant dual-pivoting hipbelt, flexes and pivots to accommodate body motion.
With a large front pocket for snow tools, soft-lined goggle pocket, and deployable ice-axe straps, this pack has all of the bells and whistles, without compromising comfort. Available in black, blue and orange, the Mile High Mountaineering PowderKeg 32, featuring CORDURA® fabrics offers efficient packing and durability for all outdoor adventures.
• M-Flex™ Access suspension system
• VariCant™ dual-pivoting/adjustable hipbelt
• VersaHaul™ snowboard & ski carry system
• EPO reinforced front and side-panels
• soft-lined goggle pocket
• quick-release shoulder straps
• perforated foam backpanel, shoulder straps and hipbelt
• backpanel access
• large organized shovel & snow tools pocket
• deployable ice-axe straps
• 10 pockets + main compartment
• 4 poly-tube gear loops
• MSRP: $189.00
The North Face Jammu Jacket
Made from all-new Polartec® NeoShell® fabric, The North Face Jammu is a waterproof and highly breathable soft shell jacket designed for active use in harsh conditions. The particular Polartec® NeoShell® fabric used has a brushed fleece back, which provides thermal insulation and allows users to take just one garment for cool weather activities by combining the thermal qualities of a softshell jacket with the weather protection of a hardshell. Added features include a fully adjustable fixed hood, well-placed pockets, a hideaway hem cinch cord, and non-abrasive molded cuff tabs.
• Men’s Journal Gear of the Year Award, 2011
• Polartec® NeoShell® construction is seam-taped, fully waterproof and sets a new standard for breathability
• Interior fabric is brushed for next-to-skin warmth and comfort
• Sleek, fixed, fully adjustable helmet-compatible hood swivels with head for a natural, unobstructed view
• Zip handwarmer pockets and two-way center front zip
• Laser-cut, bonded waterproof chest pocket is sized just right for necessities
• Contoured pit-zips are easy to use and provide abundant venting
• MSRP: $399
Tech4o’s Discover watch is a GPS-enabled device designed for men and women that combines traditional sport watch features with state-of-the-art GPS navigation for creating and staying on course. This compact and lightweight GPS training watch is designed to capture and report detailed information about each workout, whether it be running, cycling, hiking or sailing. It uses high-quality GPS technology with exceptional signal strength to track and display distance covered and average speed over the entire workout, and also provides a smart lap function to auto map a route. The route traveled, as well as speed, distance, altitude, maximum and minimum heart rate, calorie burn, and other data are collected and viewable via Discover’s customizable LED display for a quick and easy read. The data is also recorded to an internal databank for tracking and statistics over time. After a workout, consumers can use the PC-compatible software that interfaces with Google Earth to upload their entire route and obtain more detailed information, including how fast they went over any given segment; then, they can download routes to plan their next workout.
Features: • Workout Metrics • Smart Lap/Track Log function- auto maps your route • Waypoint Navigation • Digital Compass • Heart Rate monitoring • 2.4GHz wireless transmission speed. Coded technology prevents interference from other watches or exercise equipment • PC Uplink & analysis software • Watch settings and Workout profiles can be easily configured on your computer then uploaded to the watch • Time Mode • EL Backlight • Full Dot Matrix LCD • 30M Water Resistance • Rechargeable Battery • MSRP: $199.99
• Workout Metrics
• Smart Lap/Track Log function- auto maps your route
• Waypoint Navigation
• Digital Compass
• Heart Rate monitoring
• 2.4GHz wireless transmission speed. Coded technology prevents interference from other watches or exercise equipment
• PC Uplink & analysis software
• Watch settings and Workout profiles can be easily configured on your computer then uploaded to the watch
• Time Mode
• EL Backlight
• Full Dot Matrix LCD
• 30M Water Resistance
• Rechargeable Battery
• MSRP: $199.99
Brooks-Range’s Isto Jacket
Brooks-Range’s new Isto Jacket is ideal for trail runners, backcountry skiing, snowshoeing and other high aerobic activities. The Isto is lightweight and features a highly breathable, stretchable, and water-repellent “Breather Softshell” fabric, as well as a a moisture-wicking liner and collar, zippered side pockets, a large chest pocket, and hem drawcords.
• 4-way stretch Brooks Range Softshell fabric
• Moisture-wicking lined collar
• Large chest pocket
• Zipper chin guard
• Velcro adjustable cuffs
• Hem drawcord adjustment
• Zipper hand warmer pocket lined with moisture-wicking fabric
• Weight: 1 lb, 4 oz.
• MSRP $ 100.00
HEAD Blush KERS Flamba
This easy snow stomping toy rocks with a solid snap ‘n’ pop. Ladies will love the steadiness and control the Blush KERS Flamba gives making it a great ride for both the big mountain and parks and pipes. This board is fitted with Rocka Camber technology that works like a tricked out rocking chair, lifting the nose and tail contact points of your board up and out of the way for easy turns, making it virtually impossible to catch an edge. With a fierce design and even fiercer performance, get ready to make the mountain your play thing this season with the HEAD Blush KERS Flamba.
• MSRP: $399.99
The Salomon BBR is the latest innovation by Salomon and ski designer Bertrand Krafft, (aka: BeBER)—an game-changer in ski design who created the X Scream Series and Pocket Rocket. Inspired by the freedom of water sports, the BBR is the ultimate ski to deliver fun and the liberty to carve, cruise, float and play. Challenging conventional wisdom, BBR is the shape of the future for all terrain skiers with its patented V-shape—an oversized tip, rocker shape, narrow waist and pintail and a short radius. Resulting in a playful ski with great performance in any snow situation. BBR doesn’t fit into any traditional ski category—it’s not just big mountain, not park, not backcountry, not all mountain---it’s BBR.
• Construction & Core: Sandwich Sidewalls—Extraordinary smooth ski/snow contact and great terrain adaptation
• Full woodcore—offers optimum stability on snow with a powerful rebound. Maximizes ski/snow contact and filters vibrations
• Specific features: V-shape
• Oversized PULSEPAD—Elastomer layer all along the edge for shock absorbtion and anti-vibration for smoother and softer ski/snow contact Semi twin tip tail
• Edges: Total edge reinforcement—Fiber reinforcement laying directly on the edges for edge stiffness, improved durability and edge grip
• Color: blue/brown
• Lengths: 166/176/186 cm
• Sidecut: 147/88/110 (176 cm)
• Radius: 11.5/12.5/13.5
• MSRP: $875