One of my top priorities when heading outdoors to play during the winter is making sure I have a good pair of gloves to keep my hands warm and dry. And the Zeus gloves did just that, provided both warm and dryness so I could focus on what I was doing and not worrying about my hands being warm.
The Zeus gloves are a snowsports glove that is built to last. Mountain Hardwear bonds the waterproof, breathable OutDry membrane to a 4-way stretch shell. This bonding the fabric and membrane is where the OutDry technology differs from others waterproofing options or types. By having the fabric and membrane bonded, this seals out the moisture from building up inside the glove between the outer shell and the waterproof liner. For me, while skiing all day this glove worked great. I was amazed how warm my hands were and that the glove breathed well so my hands never got that clammy feeling.
It has a goatskin palm and fingers which provide both strength and grip. Also the palm has 1000D CORDURA to resist abrasion and add flexibility to the glove. The lining of the glove is a fleece and wool blend that is soft to the touch. Also this blend helps wick moisture away from the hand, to keep the hand dry and warm.
The short profile of this glove is one of my favorite features. This is what I like to call a form fitting glove where the fingers have the natural curve of the hands built in. Another favorite feature of the glove is that it doesn’t have any unneeded bulk that some winter gloves have. This enabled me to easily unclip my bindings or hold firmly to ski poles. Also the short and low profile gauntlet fit under the jacket’s sleeve easily.
One downside to the glove was eliminated after a few uses. The glove was pretty tough to pull on the first few times. I credit this to how the glove is such a form fitting glove. The nice part is after you get the glove on it feels great. To help to get the glove on there is a “Pull-on webbing loop” at the wrist.
I would recommend this glove to anyone looking for a glove that will keep them warm and dry. The Zeus gloves would be perfect for anyone looking for a glove for touring. To learn more about the glove, check out there Mountain Hardwear’s Website. Also I have listed the features, specifications and price off their site below.
• Material: 4-Way Stretch Nylon Softshell ,(92% nylon, 8% elastane) ,Thermic Micro™ ,OutDry® Waterproof Technology
• Lining: Wool Poly Knobby Fleece50% Wool, 30% Polyester, 20% Nylon
• Palm: Water-resistant Goatskin Leather
• OutDry® Waterproof Technology: extremely waterproof, totally windproof. The OutDry® membrane is directly bonded to the glove's outer shell, eliminating the ability for wind and water to penetrate through the sewn seams of the shell, keeping hands warmer.
• Extreme Precurve patterning with Kevlar stitching provides unprecedented fit and dexterity
• 4-way stretch nylon soft shell fabric offers a snug, flexible fit
• Durable, water-resistant goatskin leather fingers and palm
• Warm, soft wool/polyester-blend lining
• Thermic Micro™ insulation at the back of the hand
• Short, close fitting stretch gauntlet is low profile for a comfortable under the cuff fit
• Pull-on webbing loop at wrist
• Weight: 7.5 oz.; 213 g.
• MSRP: $95.00
Product provided for free by the manufacturer for review purposes.