Here is a guide for those moms who really LOVE to get out there and get dirty! But of course, they will be doing it in great style using the best gear! If your mom loves packs, tents, sunglasses, and great performance clothing, this is the guide for you. Not only are there things for mom, but even a few things to help mom keep the kids happy. Check out this guide of over gear $100. Keep watching for more guides for a little less dough (under $50 and under $25). Let us know what you think!
Mile High Mountaineering Salute 34
The Salute is the flagship for a new style of pack from MHM which is designed for ultimate versatility. It's a top-loader. No wait, it's a front- panel loader, or is it a side-panel loader!? The reality is the Salute is an "every-panel loader". They have equipped this pack with a heavy-duty #10 zipper that actually wraps around the entire pack in the shape of an "S". This means you have the ultimate in versatility and access in a pack. You can literally access your gear any which way you please and at any location in the pack. The Salute can also zip entirely open into a ground mat to keep ropes and any other important gear off the ground and away from rocks. Heck you could even use it as a placemat for a backcountry picnic.
• M-Flex™ suspension system
• VariCant™ dual-pivoting/adjustable hipbelt
• Snake-Loader™ zipper system w/ heavy duty #10 urethane water-resistant zipper
• perforated foam backpanel, shoulder straps and hipbelt
• integrated Packslicker™ rainfly
• large external over-loader stuff pocket
• deployable ice-axe straps
• 4 deployable compression straps
• 9 pockets + main compartment
• 4 poly-tube gear loops
• Volume: 34 liters
• Weight: 3lb 8oz
• Number of stays: 1 wire perimeter frame/HDPE framesheet
• Main Pack fabric: 315 denier ripstop Invista CORDURA® Plus, Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
• Bottom Fabric: 840 denier Invista CORDURA® HD, Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
• POP Color Fabric: 210 denier HT honeycomb Kolon, Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
• MSRP: $219.00
Ortovox Haute Route 35 pack
The Haute Route is the perfect size for a day trip pack. It's true that winter is over, but pack season lasts all year and the Haute Route pack form Ortovox was designed by people who wear packs all year, traversing the Alps and testing product. The Haute Route is separated from the crowd by the following features.
• The O-Flex-Frame, developed by the sports physicians at the Center for the Back in Munich (Rückenzentrum München). Stress is evenly distributed to the hips and shoulders.
• Full access zipper on back of main compartment, keeping the contents free of dirt and eliminates the blind search for things in the main compartment.
• Classic front opening offers second access option.
• Full feature package: gear and pick loops, ski, snowboard and helmet fastenings, alarm whistle and a separate cell phone and safety compartment (shovel, probe in winter, first aid kit in summer) caters to every demand.
• For longer trips, try the Haute Route 45
• MSRP: $175.00
Eureka! Copper Canyon 5+ Screen room
For 2012 Eureka! expanded its Copper Canyon tent line, a family camping series that provides comfort and roominess for any outdoor adventure. The Copper Canyon tents feature a six-pole cabin-style design with a center height of seven feet. Each tent features near-vertical walls, bathtub floors, sweep-outs on the doors, hanging gear loft organizers, one large D-style door, a full mesh roof and windows on each side for increased ventilation.
• The zippered E! Power Port allows you to bring an electrical power cord inside the tent.
• Matching yellow webbing on tent and fly couple with the ring & pin assembly to make set up fast.
• Interior pocketing and two gear lofts keep essentials close at hand and easy to reach.
• The tent's free standing and shockcorded fiberglass & steel frame is easy to set up. Clips secure the tent body to the frame.
• Storm guy out pockets stow guylines on fly during set up and take down.
• Tent features built in screen room with an interior door that provides passage from the sleeping area.
• Bathtub floor wraps up sides of tent, protecting against splashing and standing water.
• Sleeps 5
• Floor Size 16' x 10'
• Pack Size 10" x 29"
• Min Weight 35 lbs 6 oz
• Seasons 3
• Tent Area 80 sq ft
• Center Height 7'
• MSRP: $399.99
BOB Revolution SE
Break free from urban sprawl or suburban predictability with BOB’s innovative, off-road strollers that allow moms to take their little ones anywhere their lifestyles move them. Walk through the woods with the BOB Revolution SE’s high-impact polymer composite wheels (the swiveling front wheel can be locked forward for stability on bumpy roads) and state-of-the-art suspension, allowing baby a cushy ride. Or, hit the sandy beach and let the peaceful sound of waves rock baby to sleep, as mom soaks up the restorative sights, sounds and smells.
• Swiveling front wheel allows for superior maneuverability. Locks forward for increased stability when jogging or if the terrain turns tough.
• Easy, two-step folding, lightweight frame for convenient transport and storage.
• State-of-the-art, adjustable suspension system provides an exceptionally smooth ride.
• Accessory Adapter allows for quick and easy attachment of BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter or Snack Tray.
• Ultra-padded, adjustable reclining seat for enhanced seating comfort. Five-point padded harness helps keep your child comfortably secure.
• Multi-position canopy adjusts for protection against the elements. Large viewing window lets you keep an eye on your baby.
• High-impact polymer composite wheels with pneumatic tires and tubes take on tough terrain.
• Low Boy Cargo Basket provides plenty of undercarriage storage. Additional space in large seatback pocket. Internal seat pockets provide a great place for snacks and toys.
• A simple twist of the front wheel tracking adjustment knob keeps you rolling straight.
• When engaged, the parking brake helps secure a stopped position.
• Padded handlebar for comfort; wrist strap helps you secure stroller when strolling and provides handy fold lock when folded.
• Also available as a double stroller.
• MSRP: $399.00
Magellan Switch Up Crossover GPS Watch
Magellan is excited to announce the launch of its fitness line with its first two products, the Switch and Switch Up. The Switch Series is a powerful, adaptable, and customizable family of crossover GPS watches designed to meet the needs of runners, cyclists, and multisport athletes. The first of its kind in the fitness category, the Switch Up has the same powerful features as the Switch plus additional features designed for true multisport athletes. These include a barometric altimeter for precise elevation data, a thermometer to capture outside temperature, vibration alerts, and an innovative quick release mounting system to easily transition between sports.
• High-sensitivity GPS receiver tracks your position precisely so you can record time, distance, speed/pace, elevation, calories and more.
• 1.26" monochrome high resolution display with black background and white characters allows for superior readability in varying light conditions
• At 50 meter water-resistance, you can wear it for an extended period in water to track swimming activities and other high intensity water activities
• Monitor and record outside temperature as it relates to your activity.
• Notifications in loud environments when you reach predetermined goals, drift outside a zone, or trigger an Auto Lap.
• Quick release system with integrated wrist and bike mounts for seamless transitions between sports.
• Embedded ANT+ technology receives data from Magellan and any third-party ANT+ sensor, including heart rate monitors, foot pods, bike speed/cadence sensors and power meters.
• Stores up to 60 hours of activity history with one second recording.
• Create up to 9 activity profiles for different sports (run, bike, swim or other) or even different uses for the same activity (training, racing, terrain, equipment, etc.).
• Configurable display with up to 9 data screens and up to 6 fields of data per screen.
• Empower your watch to do more with Auto Lap by distance, time or location, Auto Pause and Auto Power Off.
• Add 16 more hours to the 8 hour battery life on Switch with an external battery pack that can be swapped in and out while recording an activity.
• MSRP: $299 Switch Up with Mounts & $349 Switch Up with Mounts & Heart Rate Monitor
New Balance GPS Runner
The New Balance GPS Runner is an affordable basic GPS training tool that every runner should own. Tracking speed, distance, and pace, the water-resistant GPS Runner can get you to your destination and back and keep you on pace, and it's super easy to use. It features four display pre-sets with three line multi-view, and the 300 lap / 100 run memory allows you to track results each time you go for a run. It is easily recharged via USB (charging cable included).
• Speed and distance monitors
• 100 hour range chrono
• Time display
• Alarm display
• MSRP: $109.99
Raliegh Alyssa i8
For Mom, check out the new Alyssa i8 performance hybrid model, built with a nifty internally geared hub that requires very minimal maintenance. This bike is essentially compact when it comes to commutes and quick workouts, performing efficiently while your body rests on it's ergonomic, laid back geometry.
• Frame - Raleigh Atomic 13 SL butted-aluminum
• Fork - Raleigh aluminum
• Rims/Wheels - Weinmann
• Hubs - Front: JoyTech; Rear: Shimano Nexus 8-speed internal
• Spokes - 14g stainless-steel
• Tires - Vittoria Randonneur, 700 x 32c
• Crankset - SR SunTour
• Chainwheel - 42T
• Rear Cogs - Shimano, 20T
• Shifters - Shimano Nexus Revo
• Handlebars - Avenir 200 Series, flat
• Tape/Grips - Avenir Comfort
• Stem - Avenir 200 Series
• Brake Levers - Tektro
• Brakes - Tektro mini linear-pull
• Pedals - Platform
• Saddle - Avenir 200 Series, Women's
• Seat Post - Avenir 200 Series
• MSRP: $740.00
Montague Crosstown folding bike
The new 2012 Crosstown is a one of a kind pavement bike that is perfect for practical commuting. It’s a simple 7 speed around town bike with features such as a comfort saddle, the Octagon adjustable stem (allows for tool free handlebar height adjustment) and mega range gearing for those particularly steep hills. This hybrid commuter comes in 17”, 19”, and 21” frame sizes and offers portability, and an elegant style for a ride that’s sure to attract attention. Of course, it folds in seconds for the car trunk or closet just like other Montague models.
• Speeds: 7
• Wheel Size: 700c
• Folding Time: 20 sec.
• Folded Size: 36"x28"x12"
• Approx Weight: 27lbs
• M.S.R.P: $699.00
• Great For:
• Cruising the city streets.
• Grabbing coffee.
• Small apartments.
• MSRP: $699.00
Gazelle Tour Basic
The Dutch know a thing or two about classic, elegant bikes. Get Mom out and about this Mother's Day with the original Dutch commuter bicycle - first designed in 1890 by Royal Dutch Gazelle bicycles of Amsterdam. Beautiful summer colors and a variety of styles available.
• Comfortable upright seating position thanks to 70 degree frame geometry, allows you to arrive at your destination in a nicely relaxed fashion.
• A trendy original ‘Omafiets’ in your favorite color equipped with authentic super solid kickstand
• High lacquered low maintenance closed chain case and dress guards
• Steel frame and stainless steel spokes
• 3 speed with coaster, front drum brake and hub dynamo (R3T)
• Heavy duty luggage carrier and integrated theft proof lock
• Frame sizes: G51 G57: black/cream tires/rvs rims, black/cream tires/black rims, black/black tires/rvs rims, buttercup yellow, sky blue, hot pink, elephant grey, whispering blue
• MSRP: $999.00
Icebreaker SS Viva Jersey
Made with Icebreaker’s lightest-weight of merino wool, the Viva Jersey is an ideal hot-weather top or cold-weather layer. Ideal for long rides, the Viva’s special features include a three-panel pocket, tire pump storage, reflective piping for visibility, a gripper drop-tail hem and an MP3 cord management loop for tunes.
• Ideal summer cycling top
• 3-panel pocket rigorously tested for functionality
• Tire pump storage
• MP3 tunes accessed via cord loophole
• Reflective piping for visibility
• Gripper droptail hem prevents ride-up
• MSRP: $130.00
Bollé is launching a new collection of technologically-advanced sunglasses for elevation enthusiasts. The Ouray is one of four models in the Alpine Collection that possess a long list of technical features designed to provide flawless performance in even this harsh and ever-changing environment. Because a clear view of what lies ahead is key to the success of any Alpine adventure, Bollé’s exclusive b-Clear lenses are made with Trivex® – the best possible lens material for technical sport sunglasses. To maintain and enhance their inherent performance advantage, b-Clear lenses in the Alpine Collection are treated with a hydro/oleo phobic and anti-fog coatings for crystal clear vision.
• Eclipse Photochromic - Automatically lighten and darken to adapt to the ever-changing conditions.
• Element All-Purpose - Provide a consistently crisp view.
• Horizon Polarized - Eliminate blinding glare from reflective surfaces.
• Constructed with proprietary b88™ premium nylon
• Thermogrip®, a soft, comfortable hydrophilic material is incorporated into brow bars and temple tips for a secure, stable fit in treacherous conditions.
• MSRP: $129.00
Native Sunglasses Blanca
We should never forget to protect our eyes. The new Blanca glasses have full UV protection and Polarized lenses to offer great sun and glare protection whether in the mountains or at the lake. With the Interchangeable Lens System, mom will be sure to find just the right lense for her.
• N3™ Polarized Lenses NEW
• Co-Injected Molding NEW
• Polarized Crystal® [P.C.C.®] Lenses
• Venting Systems
• Mastoid Temple Grip™
• Anti-Ocular Intrusion System®
• Rhyno-Tuff® Air Frames
• Cushionol™ Nose Pads
• Cushionol™ Temple boots
• Cam-Action Hindges™
• Folding Plate technology™
• MSRP: $129-$149
With sleek and definitive lines, the Heading is ideal for those desiring a bold look with industry leading optics and technology. Made from the oil of castor bean seeds, these frames not only protect your eyes, they also protect the environment. And with new flush-mount spring hinge technology, they ensure a secure and comfortable fit.
• Serilium lenses are one of the only materials capable of withstanding high-velocity impact from objects like gravel. To top it off, our Serilium lenses are infused with Revo's High Contrast Polarization™ technology.
• Anti_reflective coating - A lens coating that eliminates the light that is reflected off the inside of a lens from the surrounding environment.
• Element Shed - An exclusive lens coating that ensures virtually anything will roll right off the surface of your lens. The sweat off your brow, the oil on your fingers, and the dirt flying at you won't find refuge on your lenses. It simply keeps your lenses cleaner, longer.
• Revo's proprietary polarization technology. These lenses achieve a premium level of clarity and contrast by not only blocking glare but by optimizing your vision and the color spectrum delivered to your eyes.
• Our patented Motion-Fit design positions your sunglasses to ideal locations on your nose and ears. This creates a fit that is free of unwanted pressure points. Unlike our competitors, our Motion-Fit frames are designed around our lenses and not the other way around. All of this delivers optical clarity from any angle, reduced eyestrain, and a very comfortable fit.
• Revo frames come equipped with specially designed spring or cam-action hinges, which allow for a secure yet comfortable fit for any face shape and size.
• Eco-Use™ is a nylon frame material made from the seed of the castor bean plant instead of widely used petroleum based nylons. Not only is this material sustainable and more environmentally friendly, it is also exceptionally light and flexible.
• A lightweight and very durable frame material that is precision molded to form the frame of our sunglasses. These frames are flexible and maintain their shape well.
• MSRP: $189.00
Smith Optics Brooklyn Glasses
Not too big. Not too small. Sized just right. A modern, refined shape that is at home on the streets or wherever your weekend takes you. Smooth clean lines are complemented by rich branding and performance details.
• Medium Fit / Medium Coverage
• Evolve Frame Material
• Hydrophilic Megol Nose Pads
• 6 Base Lens Curvature
• Frame Measurements 58-15-125
• MSRP: $119.00
Snug² Extendable Bunting Bag by Snug Science®
Does your mom love to play in the outdoors all year long and take the kids with her? If so, she needs the Snug² by Snug Science. This bunting is like none that you have seen before. The Snug² is the softest and lightest bunting for her precious little one. It features a light weight 3.4 oz Supplex nylon which has been rated UPF 40+. There are many different types of buntings and all of the buntings are made with the same high quality lining and insulation but each differs by the type of outer shell it's made with. You can also check out our review of the Snug² Expedition Orange here.
• 1 piece extendable design to grow with baby from infant to 4 years (up to 40")
• Sleeves! First and only bunting bag in the market to have this feature
• Removable luxury faux fur ruff
• 5 Point harness opening (Compatible with most strollers and car seats)
• UPF 40
• Light reflective front trim for outdoor visibility
• Resists Mildew
• Stain Resistant
• Lightweight and Compressible
• Hypoallergenic Insulation
• Materials - Outershell: Supplex (3.4oz)
• Insulation: PrimaLoft® ONE 200gram (used in body) / PrimaLoft® ONE 133gram (used in sleeves)
• Lining: Momentum 90 (1.1 oz/yd²)
• MSRP: $249.99 on sale right now for $199.00
If you are not familar with the Ninja Suit it is basically a one-peice long underwear with a built in hood. The material is 4-way stretch wicking blend that gives you total freedom in flexability at the same time as keeping you dry and ready for the road ahead. This is cut and fitted for woman specifically.
• Air-Tech 4-way stretch wicking fabric
• Full-length front chest zip
• Thumb loops at wrist cuff to seal out snow
• Circumferential waist zip for ultra-easy #2 access
• MSRP: $109.99
The North Face Pika Full Zip
The Pika is a lightweight, technical full-zip jacket designed to be worn as an insulating midlayer, or as a light jacket during milder months. New Polartec® Power Stretch® Pro fabric provides four-way stretch, superior moisture management and next-to-skin comfort. Power Stretch Pro, a version of the longtime classic Polartec® Power Stretch® designed to keep your skin dry when you sweat, offers increased durability and wind and abrasion resistance thanks to the nylon outer surface. Alpine fit, two zippered hand pockets.
• Alpine fit
• Two hand pockets
• FabricPolartec® Power Stretch® Pro™ fabric
• Avg Weight310 g (10.9 oz)
• Length from Center Back26"
• MSRP: $149
Patagonia Adze Jacket
The Adze Jacket is a windproof stretch-woven soft shell with a supple feel and great stretch, using a Polartec® Windbloc® fabric which provides mobility, durability, and total protection from the wind. Polartec worked with Patagonia to develop a Polartec® Windbloc® fabric package with a grid back exclusive to them. The grid fleece interior traps heat, moves moisture and feels great next-to-skin, allowing total versatility with short- or long-sleeved layers. A DWR (durable water repellent) finish resists moisture.
• Polartec Windbloc stretch-woven polyester shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
• Microfleece-lined neck and wind flap for next-to-skin comfort
• Two reverse-coil zippered handwarmer pockets and one internal zippered chest pocket
• Self-fabric, low-profile cuffs with a hook-and-loop closure creates a tight fit
• Drawcord hem seals out drafts, seals in heat
• 9-oz Polartec® Windbloc® 93% polyester/7% spandex, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
• 598 g (21.1 oz)
• MSRP: $139.00
First Ascent MicroTherm™ Down Vest
Be prepared for every adventure with our MicroTherm™ down vest. It's incredibly thin and lightweight, but has 800 fill Premium European Goose Down to keep you warm and a water-repellent ripstop nylon shell. Packs small, too–making it an ideal back-up layer.
• Water-repellent shell - Lightweight ripstop nylon
• 800 fill Down-packed micro-baffles keep you warm with minimal weight and bulk
• Integrated stretch panels increase breathability, improve range of motion and allow for a trim, athletic fit
• Stows easily in small space
• MSRP: $119.99
The women's Leki Cressida Aergon trekking poles will help your mom’s balance while climbing or descending steep hill to helping her cross streams and rivers. At less than 15 oz., these poles will not weigh your mom down. The lightweight Aergon Thermo grips feature an edgeless shape and a cork surface to maximize comfort and minimize hand fatigue. Also the simple Speedlock external locking system adjustment requires little effort to securely lock pole sections into position.
• AERGON Thermo Grip
• Performance Basket
• Carbide Tip
• Ultra Sonic Finish
• Weight: 14.8 oz
• Length: 64-125 cm
• MSRP: $159.95
Momentum Alter-Ego Watch
This month we are introducing the Alter Ego – It’s the accessory for women whose attire range from high heels to hiking boots, and lifestyle takes them from the boardroom to the beach in the same afternoon. The alter ego features interchangeable anodized aluminum top rings in eight adventurous colours. Waterproof tested to a depth of 100m/330 ft. Also, comes with the V series 5 year reliable battery system.
• For women who don’t fear change, they embrace it...
• MSRP: $180
Alps Mountaineering Queen Rechargeable Air Bed
Whether you're headed out for a weekend of camping or staying with out-of-town friends, bring along an ALPS air bed to ensure you'll sleep just as well as you do in your bed at home. ALPS air beds feature special, top-of-the line fabric and coil construction to provide the best durability and comfort, making them perfect for indoor or outdoor use. The reinforced bed construction provides a comfortable, uniform sleeping surface and the outer ring provides a stable edge support.
• State-of-the-Art Rechargeable Pump Inflates and Deflates
• Rechargeable Pump Includes Car Charger and Wall Charger
• Inflates Quickly and Easily with the "Flip of the Switch"
• Industry Leading Thick and Durable PVC
• Soft Flocked Top Adds Extra Comfort and Helps Prevent Sliding Around
• Comfortable Coil System for Support
• Carry Bag Included for Easy Transport and Storage
• Also Available in Twin Size
• Easily Fits in Most Camping Tents
• For Indoor and Outdoor Use
• Inflated Dimensions: 60" wide x 80" long x 8.5" tall
• Weight: 9 lbs. 12 oz.
• Packed Size: 14" x 8" x 17"
• MSRP: $119.99
Ruffwear Palisades Pack
Does your mom take her dog everywhere she goes? The redesigned Palisades Pack is Ruffwear’s multi-day backcountry dog pack. This is our first choice for extended trips or when extra carrying capacity is needed. Built on a highly refined Web Master Harness chassis, the Palisades Pack offers several key features providing conveniences often found in high-end human packs.
• Expansive capacity saddlebags are removable for easy initial harness fitting, at rest stops and for water crossings
• Two 1.0 liter collapsible hydration bottles included
• Load compression system secures the load for a comfortable, compact carry
• Five points of adjustment with the slip-free straps of the Web Master Harness frame
• MSRP: $129.95