Our second to last Father's Day guide. This one is full of great products that will run you under $200 but are sure to please.
EcoQue 15” Portable Grill
Perfect for the dad that love to barbeque. Energy Efficient, Portable Grills that combine exceptional performance with unparalleled convenience and versatility — with an EcoQue you can grill, bake, fry, roast, boil and even smoke your foods! EcoQue Grills consume up to 75% less fuel than similar sized grills. By utilizing our Energy Efficient Design, the 15” model can cook a meal for six to eight (6-8) people using as few as 16 charcoal briquettes!
• Unique reflective pyramidic design focuses more heat up toward the cooking surface for optimal performance.
• Cook a meal for four people using as few as nine charcoal briquettes!
• No briquettes handy? Use any biomass fuel: sticks, twigs, wood chunks, lump charcoal, alcohol or other wood products.
• Easily adjust the amount of heat delivered to the cooking surface by changing the orientation, height, and quantity of the fuel.
• Made from high-quality stainless steel. They are durable, but lightweight, and collapse to just over 1” in thickness.
• Sets up with no tools in under a minute.
• Enclosed design makes the grill safe to use in environments that have high fire risk.
• MSRP: $159.00
Sage Quest Ultra-Light Rain Shell
For the dad who will be out fly fishing in any weather. Using Sage’s GeoShell™ waterpoorf/breathable membrane and DWR finish, this jacket is sure to keep anyone dry in even the worst downpour. With articulated elbows this jacket allows for freedom of movement ensuring all-day casting comfort. Also its two large chest pockets give you access to critical gear while on the go.
• 100% HT Nylon (3 layer) fabric 15/15 GeoShell™ waterproof / breathable membrane fabric with Durable, Water Resistant (DWR) finish
• YKK water-resistant zippers
• Laser cut and welded tool port at chest
• Large, fully adjustable hood
• Adjustable cuff with low-profile closure
• Adjustable waist at hem
• Pre-shaped sleeves for maximum comfort and movement.
• MSRP: $200.00
Hi-Tec Sierra Lite I WP
Perfect for the dad who is serious about hiking. The Sierra Lite Hiking boots are a great all round hiking boot. They are both lightwieght and breathable, but also have the added benefit of being waterproof. Whether for a demanding day hike or a multi-day adventure, this ensure you and your feet can deal with the most strenuous requirements. These boots also have Hi-Tec's advanced technologies, including ion-mask™ waterproofing and Vibram® rubber soles for grip.
• Waterproof nubuck and mesh upper
• V-Lite design and build technology
• Ortholite footbed/midsole for all day comfort
• Vibram outsole for durability & traction
• Ion Mask Technology
• MSRP: $180
Great for an active dad who wants to know how far and fast his runs are. Tech4o’s Discover watch is a GPS-enabled device that combines traditional sport watch features with state-of-the-art GPS navigation for creating and staying on course. This compact and lightweight GPS training watch is designed to capture and report detailed information about each workout, whether it be running, cycling, hiking or sailing. It uses high-quality GPS technology with exceptional signal strength to track and display distance covered and average speed over the entire workout, and also provides a smart lap function to auto map a route. The route traveled, as well as speed, distance, altitude, maximum and minimum heart rate, calorie burn, and other data are collected and viewable via Discover’s customizable LED display for a quick and easy read. The data is also recorded to an internal databank for tracking and statistics over time. After a workout, consumers can use the PC-compatible software that interfaces with Google Earth to upload their entire route and obtain more detailed information, including how fast they went over any given segment; then, they can download routes to plan their next workout.
• Workout Metrics
• Smart Lap/Track Log function- auto maps your route
• Waypoint Navigation
• Digital Compass
• Heart Rate monitoring
• 2.4GHz wireless transmission speed. Coded technology prevents interference from other watches or exercise equipment
• PC Uplink & analysis software
• Watch settings and Workout profiles can be easily configured on your computer then uploaded to the watch
• Time Mode
• EL Backlight
• Full Dot Matrix LCD
• 30M Water Resistance
• Rechargeable Battery
• MSRP: $199.99
An indestructible watch for the stylish active Dad. As the name implies, the Trooper is your personal armored cavalry of time keeping. The trusty 3 hand movement with date and boldly styled case will amply assist your day to day operations. Like all Freestyle Watches, the Trooper is backed by our limited lifetime warranty and 100 meters water resistance.
• 46mm stainless steel case
• Stainless steel or durable silicone strap
• Mineral glass lens
• 3 hand movement with date window
• Luminous dial
• 100 meter H20 resistance
• MSRP: $150-170
Is dad a no nonsense kind of guy that likes thing simple yet functional? If so, you have to check out Boreas packs. The Buttermilks are light and uncomplicated. They’re designed for those who want to move really, really fast and those who think it’s just plain crazy to carry heavy things around in the woods.
• Tough Stuff Our super-light 140D ripstop nylon pack body fabric is impregnated with silicone for waterproof strength that won't wear out or rub off over time.
• Simple Comfort Packs don’t have to be complicated to be comfortable.
• The z-foam back panel and removable frame sheet are shaped to match the curve of your back.
• Cool It Poke the z-foam on the back panel (don’t worry, it’s tough stuff) and you’ll see it springs back.
• Foam Sweet Foam More foam does not equal more comfort. Super-plush belts and straps look comfy in the store but flatten out under pressure.
• Keep it Clean There was a time when packs were judged by how many zippers, buckles and straps they had.
• We’re glad those days are over so we can concentrate on better ideas like daisy chains that tuck away when you don’t need them.
• MSRP: $174.99
BRX Exchange Duffle
Perfect for the go who is always on the go. This duffle is like have two bags in one—easily convert the Exchange Duffle into a backpack with the quick-convert backpack suspension. Simply zip-away the back panel for access to padded backpack harness with sternum strap. One smart bag.
• Easy pack main compartment to keep your gear flat and neat
• Zip expansion provides 3" of additional packing space when needed
• Zip-away back panel gives access to padded backpack harness with sternum strap for convenient ‘hands free” carrying
• Quick access side pocket, exterior side pocket convenient for separating smaller accessories
• High performance 420d ripstop and packcloth nylon, along with technical grade hardware/components
• External buckle system allows any two BRX bags to quickly connect together to become one checkable piece of luggage or even easier carry-on
• Multiple grab handles with moisture wicking mesh lining surround bag for ease of carry and loading/unloading.
• Removable comfort-flex shoulder strap with shoulder pad included
• MSRP: $170.00
Specialized Rime MTB shoe
Great for the dad that loves to ride. The Rime merges XC performance with All-Mountain/Freeride features, including the Boa Closure system with micro-adjustability for a precise, pressure-point-free fit. With the robust Vibram® rubber sole, durable and protective upper, Boa® dial adjustability, and BG technology make the Rime the perfect shoe for the modern mountain biker.
• Vibram rubber outsole for unmatched traction and durability
• Composite midsole plate for efficient cycling, but flexible enough for walking: 7.0 stiffness index
• Performance-enhancing BG features in the outsole and footbed
• New S2 Boa® cartridge closure, with improved durability for dirt and ease of use.
• Incremental adjustment, braided stainless steel cable and easy 3mm Allen replaceable cartridge system
• Durable synthetic upper is supple fitting with improved welded reinforcement to handle all mountain use
• Wrap style tongue for comfort, secure fit and keeps dirt and mud out
• 2-bolt cleat pattern, compatible with all major MTB pedals
• Approximate weight: 425g (1/2 pair #42)
• MSRP: $175.00
Smith Pivlock V2
Does dad love speed? Not that these glasses will make him faster, but they will protect his eyes while going fast. The new PivLock V2 will take you from the start line to the podium. With features like our new 3 size adjustable nose and performance-proven interchangeable lenses, the competition doesn't stand a chance. The medium sized lens and sport-driven frame design are upgraded with our new slide on temple ends for first class comfort. Fit for a king or queen.
• Lifetime Warranty
• Medium Fit / Medium Coverage
• Carbonic TLT Lenses
• Evolve Frame Material
• Hydroleophobic Lens Coating
• 3-Position Adjustable Nose Pads
• Slide-On Temple Tips
• Hydrophilic Megol Nose and Temple Pads
• 7 Base Lens Curvature
• Frame Measurements 135–n/a–120
• MSRP: $159.00