Just because it is now fall doesn't mean you can't get out and enjoy the water. Our Fall Watersports Guide is full of great gear for those who love to play in the water. Depending on where you live and how cold the water gets, fall can be a great time to get out in the water.
Sea To Summit Stopper Dry Bag
These fully welded dry bags are made with 210D nylon fabric with TPU lamination on the outer face for durability, water shedding, and abrasion resistance. The clean profile and oval base resists rolling and allows for easy packing. The high strength fabric is UV resistant and won’t crack in extreme cold.
• 210D nylon fabric with TPU laminate
• Durable & smooth water shedding exterior
• Waterproof TPU roll top closure does not wick moisture
• All welded construction for permanently sealed seams
• Features the patent pending Field Replacement Buckle with stainless steel pins
• MSRP $22.95-$54.95
Watershed Aleutian Deck Bag
If you need low-profile waterproof storage on the deck of a sea kayak, look no further than the Watershed Aleutian. Straps nicely onto the front deck of most sea kayaks, and allows fast access to your camera and valuables. You can also use it to keep a map dry but viewable, and will even hold a bilge pump with its handy straps.
• Fits most kayaks and canoes
• 2 Elasto-Lok buckles for your bilge pump
• Convenient reusable water bottle holder
• Map case
• Weight: 1 lb 12 oz
• Capacity: 800 CU. IN. (13 L)
• Dimensions: 21" x 14"
• Opening Size: 13"
• Closure Type: ZipDry
• MSRP: $119.95
Advanced Elements AirFusion Kayak
The AirFusion Kayak is designed to rival the performance and speed of skin-on-frame kayaks while simplifying the setup procedure. Its unique design is a fusion of aluminum alloy frame poles and pressurized air tubes which result in a high performance frame system. Made of heavy duty PVC Tarpaulin, the AirFusion ™ features molded bow and stern end caps and hull abrasion guards for maximum durability. At 13’ long, with a narrow beam, the AirFusion ™ is quick and nimble and tracks like a rigid hard-shell kayak that packs away into a duffel bag.
• Length: 13’
• Width: 25”
• Weight: 34 lbs
• Capacity: 235 lbs
• Duffel Bag
• Repair Kit
• Folding Seat
• MSRP: $899
For 2012, Kokatat introduces a Limited Edition of the Ronin Pro in a special canvas color, featuring the “Ronin” Japanese characters on the left shoulder. The Limited Edition includes all the features of the original including the trimmed-down profile and a unique internal harness for a comfortable, secure fit, and full spinal and side protection. Reinforced adjustable, thermal molded foam padded shoulder with non-slip Hypalon® grip panels keep the PFD securely in place while an integrated sleeve keeps a cowtail or small tow tether easily accessible. The Limited Edition Ronin Pro is made in the USA with environmentally friendly GAIA® PVC-free foam.
• New color for 2012 – canvas
• Special graphics only available on this Limited Edition version
• 500D Cordura® outer and 200D nylon oxford inner shell
• Quick release chest harness with O-ring
• Tether/tow system ready
• Low profile with full spinal protection
• Internal grip panel
• SOLAS reflective tape
• Reinforced adjustable shoulders w/thermo-molded padding
• Large duplex front pocket with lanyard attachment
• Stretch mesh sleeve for cowtail or River Tow Tether
• USCG, Transport Canada and CE approved
• MSRP: $218.00
Salamander SUP Bag with Coiled Leash & Carry Strap
The waist-worn SUP Leash Bag by Salamander Paddle Gear comes complete with coiled leash and carry straps that stow away when not in use. Ideal for Stand Up Paddle boarding on rivers where safety is paramount. Quick release buckle with panic knob allows for lightening quick separation of bag/leash system should a situation arise. Leash features an energy absorbing break-away mechanism with adjustable tabs to dial-in release tension and has a maximum stretch length of 10'. Carry straps attach quickly to both sides of the bag which serves as a padded shoulder harness for transporting the board in comfort. Paddle attaches directly to straps with Velcro loops for hands free transport. The bag is large enough to pack snacks, cameras, iPods and other personal goodies to make a day on the water a success!
• Zippered pouch has two-way zipper
• Carry Strap with Paddle Tote
• Coiled Leash - Heavy Duty 3/8" Urethane coated
• 2/3 coiled and 1/3 straight is 4' long and won't drag thru the water
• Adjustable Velcro break-away leash
• Aggressive double lapping Velcro closure at board interface
• Padded Waist Band: 5" x 11"
• Bag: L10" x H4" x D3
• MSRP $59.95
Inspired by river guides who frequently use canvas hi-top sneakers as river shoes, the Tedinho, is a low profile and lightweight boot built for the water yet comfortable on the trail into town. The Tedinho has a water ready polyester canvas upper, a removable footbed, and a molded toecap that protects feet from river rocks and abrasion. The quick-drying boot features a grippy Vibram®sole.
• Durable, quick-drying polyester canvas.
• Gusseted tongue for ankle seal.
• LUVSEAT™ XO3 platform.
• Lace-up fit.
• Second lace color available.
• Vibram® Bulloo Outsole. Non-marking.
• MSRP: $120.00
Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler
I few weeks back I did a full review on this cooler. You can read that review at the following link. http://www.openairlife.com/gear-reviews/accessories/286-gear-review-yeti-tundra-45l So what is my final say with the YETI Tundra 45? I love the cooler. The design is great, it keeps ice and it will last. I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a cooler for a lifetime or one that can take some serious abuse. I don’t know if I would buy one if you are only going to be using the cooler once a year on a family picnic. But for guides, rafters, weekend warriors and anyone else who wants a tough and great cooler, I say buy.
•One-piece, roto-molded construction is extremely durable just like a whitewater kayak.
• YETI®’s proprietary PermaFrost™ Insulation is pressure-injected, giving you exceptional thermal resistance for unmatched ice retention.
• T-Rex™ Lid Latches, with patent-pending technology and molded-in keepers, keep your lid securely closed and are built to last.
• The YETI® ColdLock™ Gasket minimizes unwanted air exchange, locking out heat while sealing in cold.
• NeverFail™ Hinge System includes a full-length, integrated hinge that is selfstopping and will not break.
• FatWall™ Design features extra-thick walls designed to house added insulation for maximum ice retention
• BearFoot™ Non-Slip Feet, are made from non-marking rubber and help keep your cooler where you put it and up off of hot surfaces.
• InterLock™ Lid System enables lid to interlock with the cooler body, creating an essential form-fi tting barrier between your contents and outside elements.
• AnchorPoint™ Tie-Down Slots are molded into cooler body for solid mounting
• DoubleHaul™ Handles, with textured grips and marine-grade nylon rope, make carrying a loaded cooler easier for two people.
• Integrated LipGrip™ Handles make solo carrying easier, save valuable space, and won’t get in the way.
• Vortex™ Drain System has a screw-in, gasketed drain plug that allows for easy draining while partially opened and guarantees leak-proof reliability.
• BullDog™ Strap Guides allow for your cooler to be securely racheted down while being hauled or transported.
• Constructed of food-grade material that is Dry Ice Compatible™ and UV-resistant.
• Integrated padlock ports make it easy to bear-proof your YETI®
• MSRP: $299.99
Momentum Watches M1 TWIST
The M1 TWIST is the latest addition to the M1 family of specialty dive and watersports watches. The TWIST is designed for women who want a bigger, bolder look, with a 39mm case made of tough 316L stainless steel. The bright, white dial features our Blackout Superluminous and elegant, raised silver numbers for unsurpassed legibility. A professional, screw-down crown makes the TWIST reliably waterproof, so do not be afreaid to really get it wet. Our latest, V-Series movement means you only have to change the battery once every 5 years. For unmatched flexibility and comfort, choose our natural rubber band, with its unique light vanilla scent, made specially to fit a woman’s wrist....or dress it up with our deluxe, matching stainless steel bracelet.
• Unidirectional, ratchet timer bezel
• Heat-tempered, anti-glare Mineral crystal
• Satin/brushed Stainless Steel
• 200M / 660FT
• White luminous with raised silver numbers
• Silver Oxide Cell (approx. 2-3 years)
• Solid 316L Stainless Steel, screw back, screw-down crown
• MSRP: $140.00
Freestyle Shark Classic Tide
Freestyle's most popluar style, The Shark Classic, is now available with Tide Data and sunrise / sunset times for 150 beaches world wide. The Shark Classic Tide also features a durable and fade resistant silicone band which also offers increased flexibility for an improved fit. Like all Shark Watches, the Shark Classic Tide is water resistant to 100 meters and backed by our limited lifetime warranty.
• 38mm polycarbonate case
• Durable silicone strap
• 10 years of tide data plus sunrise and sunset times for 150 beaches worldwide.
• Display (date, time, & height) of present/future tide data.
• Programmable beach capability with 3-hour off set capability
• Optional big time display
• Dual time
• Night vision backlight display
• 100 meter H20 resistant
• Polycarbonate lens
• MSRP: $90.00
Lucky Bums Skim Boards
Enjoy hours of fun Skim Boarding at the beach, bay, on the sandbar at the river, or in the surf, with the Lucky Bums 39 inch Skim Board. This Skim Board has a traditional rocker nose that helps prevent face plants to give all levels of riders an enjoyable experience. With four classic designs to choose from you will be looking like a pro. Made with durable plywood and epoxy construction, making sure that your day will not be cut short with breakage. Enjoy a fun day at the beach making friends and skimming across the sand.
• Weight Rating: Mid-sized to fit broader range of riders under 150 pounds
• Material: Durable epoxy plywood construction with a high gloss coating to prevent water damage and breakage
• Features: Slight rocker shape to prevent nose dives
• Dimensions & Weight: 39”x 19.5” & 3 lbs
• Options: Available in four unique graphics
• MSRP: $49.99
Seattle Sports E-MERSE Waterproof earbuds
If you can't live without music you will want to look into getting a pair of these headphones. Use these waterproof ear-buds with a drycase and you won't be denied music in wet conditions. Tested under submersion conditions for 24 hours, these earbuds deliver reliable performance, no matter where you are. Grippy and comfortable rubber bud tips offer added performance.
• MSRP: $14.95
With Aquaseal, you can easily repair tears and rips in your favorite waders, scuba gear, dive equipment, and outdoor gear. Aquaseal is a clear, waterproof adhesive and sealant, specially formulated for the flexibility, adhesion and abrasion protection you need when you’re in the water. Don’t let a rip or a tear stop you. Aquaseal will patch that hole in your wetsuit, fix the gash in your fishing waders, and make sure your drysuit keeps you dry.
• MSRP: $7.25
A majority of the sunscreens on the market contain chemicals that are biologically harmful and contain known carcinogens. The mineral based formula is free of biologically harmful chemicals and was the first to pass Whole Foods Premium Care requirements.
• Mineral based sunscreen with 20% zinc oxide.
• Provides broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection
• Very Water Resistant - Highest rated level of water resistance.
• No chemical UV absorbers, No PABA. No Parabens. NO BPA.
• Does not contain biologically harmful chemicals
• Top Ranked sunscreen on Environmental Working Group’s database Skin Deep.
• A member of the Safe Cosmetics Campaign Compact
• New formulation for 2011 absorbs virtually clear and non-oily
• FDA recommends sunscreens can be utilized on children 6 months and up.
• Top rated formula by EWG's Skin Deep database with a "1" rating
• MSRP: $15.99