Once again we decided that we would help with your holiday shopping and pick out some of the best new gear this year. We know that most people don't spend over $500 on a Christmas gift but we do that a lot of people buy themselves the gift they really wanted. Over the next couple of weeks we will continue to put out gift guides full of great new products.
Easton Hat-Trick 3P Tent
Hat-Trick combines lightweight, packable features with comfortable living space for state-of-the-art versatility. Rated for all-season use, the three-pole design delivers unparalleled stability with ample space for three. The advanced Easton Carbon EVO™ frame utilizes the revolutionary AirLock™ connectors to pioneer new levels of lightweight performance. Color-coded poles match Pole Pilot™ sleeves and the rain fly can remain attached for easier set up in challenging conditions. Hat-Trick offers a low weight-to-space ratio while still offering the long-lasting durability of PU5000mm floor and 1500mm fly.
• Four season
• High-capacity, Three person
• Lightweight versitility, 5lbs 5oz pack weight
• USA-built Easton Carbon EVO pole system with AirLock connectors
• Easton PolePilot™ pole sleaves for easy set-up
• Fly can remain attached for easy set-up
• Internal gear pockets
• Reflective door opening
• MSRP: $599.99
Mammut RIDE Airbag R.A.S.
The Removable Airbag System R.A.S. integrated in our absolute all-rounder. The Ride R.A.S. is ideal for all-mountain and freeriding. It comes complete with functional features and is very comfortable to carry. As well as freeriding, the Ride R.A.S. is also perfect for one-day ski or snowboard tours.
• Integrated avalanche airbag system: Removable Airbag System R.A.S. – one system for different backpacks
• Easily stowable deployment handle
• Safety leg loop
• V-frame 6 mm aluminum, adjustable
• 2-layer, high-density EVA back padding, hip and shoulder belts with stretch fabric cover
• Front pocket for avalanche safety equipment
• Diagonal, stowable ski attachment
• Snowboard carrier
• 2 front gear loops for helmet fixation
• Padded goggle pouch
• Zipped inner compartment with key clip
• Removable, padded hip belt
• Hydration system compatible
• SOS label with emergency instructions
• MSRP: $699.00
Wave Sport Ethos Kayak
Introducing the river trekking category to the Wave Sport line, the Ethos is a stable, forgiving, crossover platform with plenty of storage space. With more whitewater performance attributes than competitors’ boats, the Ethos offers a confidence-building introduction to paddling while allowing skill set progression in up to class III whitewater. The hull is maneuverable in rapids, yet tracks well on flat water with the help of a dropdown skeg system. Available in nine and ten foot options, the Ethos offers outstanding comfort on long, multi-day river treks due to the roomy cockpit, sizeable gear-storage space, and Wave Sport’s new, highly adjustable outfitting system.
• 2 Soft Grip Security Grab Handles
• 1 Security Grab Handle
• Auto-Adjusting Bulkhead Footbrace with Foam Padding
• Tru Trak Skeg System
• Hinged Comfort Carry Hip Pads
• Adjustable, Padded Trekking Thigh Brace
• Quick Fore/Aft Seat Adjustment
• Rotomolded Play Seat with Adjustable Ratcheting Leg Lifter
• CORE WhiteOut Outfitting System
• Forward Ratcheting Backband
• MSRP: $999.
Dagger Jitsu Series
Dagger brings decades of experience and team-tested, paddler-proven heritage to freestyle kayaking in the all new Jitsu Series. Tested and approved by some of the world’s most skilled paddlers, the Jitsu excels in surfing and aerial moves in wave play with volume proportions that allow skill development in hole play as well.
• Outfitting: Contour Ergo System
• Backband: Ratchet Adjustable Backband
• Structure: Vector Roto Molded Seating w/ Leglifter
• Seating: D-Bone Welded-In Seat Track
• Thighbrace: Precision Adjustable Thighbraces
• Footbrace: Padded Foam Footbrace System
• Hip Pads: Multi-Adjustable, Contoured Hip Pads
• Grab Handles: Security Grab Handles
• MSRP: $1,049.
Hurricane Skimmer 128
The Skimmer 128’s touring style hull and Trylon construction allow it to easily outpace other kayaks in its class, and its low seat-pan and comfortable outfitting make you feel totally connected with the boat. Fully-featured from bow to stern with a generous bow hatch, two day hatches, and optional skeg or rudder, the Skimmer 128 is designed for serious paddling, and anglers will be overwhelmed by the outfitting opportunities this lightweight SOT has to offer.
• Key to Ideal Use - 1 = Quiet lakes and rivers, 2 = Day touring quiet coastal waters and larger lakes, 3 = Coastal waters, day trips, overnight tripping
• Length: 12 feet 9 inches
• Width: 28 inches
• Weight: 48 pounds
• MSRP: $1099.00
SCARPA Maestrale RS / Gea RS
The lightest 120-flex ski boots in the world, the new Maestrale RS and women’s Gea RS bridge the gap between alpine touring and freeride, and are designed for people who like to drive big skis or charge hard in the backcountry. More impressive than their weight given their stiffness, these two boots offer a walk mode with nearly 40 degrees of cuff travel, which makes them tour exceptionally well. At the top of the climb, however, switch them to ski mode and the Maestrale RS and Gea RS offer a shocking level of performance, given that they tip the scales at 3 pounds, 7 ounces per boot in a men’s 27 or 3 pounds, 2 ounces in a women’s 25. Details include SCARPA’s innovative Axial Alpine tongue design, polyamide construction, which yields the stiff flex, oversize, easy-to-use buckles, quick-step tech fittings and a stiff SCARPA Intuition liner.
• 20% stiffer and only 40g heavier
• Asymetric tongue
• Liner: Intuition Pro Flex RS
• Predator RS instep strap
• Quick-step fittings and Fitting Indicator System
• RS=the German term Renn Sport
• Unique Axial Alpine closure
• Vibram Cayman sole
• Zeus buckles
• Maestrale RS - http://www.scarpa.com/scarpa/products/p_12044-501.1
Tecnica Cochise Pro Light
The Tecnica Cochise Pro Light offers the backcountry skier downhill performance with AT features. A new thermo formable liner (Palau 160 g liner) will be introduced that is incredibly light and highly wicking, pulling moisture away from the foot. The boot features a Triax plastic super light shell. This boot is all about high performance in a lightweight package. Flex 120. Features: Interchangeable Soles (DIN and Tech compatible), Cuff Mobility System (walk mode with a metal on metal interface), and Shock Absorbing Heel.
• Weight 1610 g (size 26.5).
• B-D widths.
• Color: Acid Green - Black
• Sizes: 22.0 - 31.0 MP
• Flex: 120
• Last: 100mm
• MSRP $900.00
Designed for hard-chargers who ski big lines, the 127-underfoot Empire is G3’s new flagship ski for deep snow and busting through crud, yet it’s shockingly versatile when it hits the hardpack. That’s due to G3’s progressive Sweet Rise 2 camber line, which puts significant rocker in the tip and tail for maximum flotation and easy turning in powder or broken snow, but the camber transitions to provide solid hold on hardpack when the ski is put on edge. The Empire is both lightweight and powerful, which makes it versatile in the area, the sidecountry or the backcountry. A Titanal topsheet gives it a smooth, damp ride and maintains stability at high speeds, while semi-cap construction provides edging power.
• Lengths: 183 / 193
• Tip/Waist/Tail Width: 153 / 127 / 139
• Weight (pair): 4.3kg / 9.5lb
• Series: Descent Series
• Construction: Power Ride
• Camber: Sweet Rise 2
• MSRP: $799.00
The Kabookie is a light wood core sidecountry ski with no metal. The ski features Blizzard’s award winning Flipcore, a natural rocker technology with a rocker tip and tail and a slight camber underfoot. Design for the side country enthusiast who enjoys working for his turns. This ski is 98 mm underfoot – performs great in the deep powder, hiking for turns and skiing in bounds.
• Length: 166, 173, 180, 187 cm.
• Radius: 21.0 (180 cm)
• Sidecut: 133/98/118 mm.
• Camber: Rocker Tip & Tail, Slight Camber Underfoot
• Target User: Hard Core Hikers who go up as much as they go down.
• MSRP $850.
RAMP Peacepipe 2013
The Peacepipe is a blend of War and Peace. For the out-of-bounds warrior who lives for charging big, open slopes in the deep white, yet has a proclivity for the peacefulness of the White Room. The Pow Camber has the most early rise and reverse sidecut in the tip for effortless, catch-free skiing in all snow conditions, even heavy crud. The Razor Cut Sidecut gives this wide ski incredible edge grip on the hardest snow. The full vertical bamboo core makes the ski feel more rock solid and energetic than any other construction.
• Type: Big Mtn / Powder Ski
• Rocker & Reverse sidecut Tip
• Sidecut: 146-115-134mm
• Sizes: 169cm, 179cm, 189cm
• Average Weight: 8.5 lbs
• Speed Range: 7-10
• Radius: 17.5
• MSRP: $999.00
• Direct Price on RAMPSports.com: $699.00
Wagner Custom Red Gumwood
Red Gumwood (Liquidambar styraciflua) is native to the eastern United States from coastal New York to Central Florida. This quartersawn veneer features an interlocked grain with intense vertical contrasting ribbon. An excellent topsheet choice. Bomber vertical sidewall construction. Clear grained, all-wood core for lively feel, responsiveness, and great durability. Oversized steel edges and extra thick bases for longevity. Custom designed length, width, sidecut, camber, overall stiffness, and flex pattern.
• Price: $2,050.00
REI 2013 Novara Gotham
Novara Gotham combines the smooth NuVinci® N360™ rear hub with a Gates® carbon belt drive, plus disc brakes, integrated lights and fenders. The Gotham offers the ultimate in low-maintenance riding thanks to the internal hub and belt drive; as part of our Mainline collection, it's all about versatility and utility. NuVinci N360 continuously variable planetary (CVP) rear hub uses rotating, tilting balls inside of the hub to supply smooth, quiet shifts whenever you want, even when stopped. NuVinci CVP design also means there's no indexed "ker-chunk" between gears, just a continuous range that lets you find the amount of resistance that best suits your needs.
• Gates CenterTrack Belt Drive uses a carbon-reinforced belt instead of a chain—this system is exceptionally long lasting, virtually maintenance free and nearly silent
• Full-length chainguard prevents clothing from getting caught in drive
• Double-butted chromoly frame features an easy-mount, semi step-through design, not to mention the smooth ride quality and durability of steel
• Shimano mechanical disc brakes supply all-weather braking power for confident deceleration, even in the rain
• Basta headlight is powered by a generator in the front hub and remains on for 4 min. after stopping to ensure your path is lit, even when stopping for lights
• Battery-powered taillight provides rear visibility and is motion- and photo-sensitive; battery indicator lets you know when it's time to replace the battery
• Rear rack on the Gotham is ready for cargo, quickly accepting panniers or trunk bag (sold separately)—great for carrying groceries or work essentials
• Puncture-resistant Vittoria Randonneur tires feature sure grip and a fast, smooth ride
• Upright-riding cockpit has been designed for comfort, thanks to the Selle Royal saddle, mustache-style handlebar and ergonomic cork grips
• Rounding out the package are polished fenders to keep road grime and water off of you and the bike; kickstand makes storage/parking easy
• MSRP: $1299
SylvanSport was founded in 2004 to develop great gear to support our evolving sense of adventure. Adventure can be on a mountain, river, or in your backyard! SylvasSport’s Team brings decades of experience designing and making outdoor products from the most respected companies. Offering products that blend utility, quality, and value while respecting the purity of the places our adventures take us. Your never ending pursuit of adventure drives their passion to make cool stuff.
• SylvanSport Mobile Adventure Trailer and Tent
• 2 Bed/Table Panels
• 4 Self inflating mattresses
• Awning Kit – adds 80’ of outdoor living space
• Spare Tire Kit
• Allows for 6 different interior configurations, even a king-and-a-half bed
• MSRP: $7995.00