Another Christmas Guide to help you with your shopping this holiday season. This guide has new products for 2012 as well as a couple old standbys. We still have a couple more guides that will be coming out before Christmas so check back each day to find that perfect gift.
Eureka Sandstone 30 Double
What’s better than a cozy sleeping bag? A cozy sleeping bag for 2!! The Sandstone 30 Double sleeping bag is made of 68D polyester taffeta and 75D polyester ripstop shell with a “peached” polyester liner fabric that is super-soft and feels warm to the touch, a full-length draft tube, internal and external pockets and a stuff sack. The Sandstone 30 Double also easily converts into two separate sleeping bags for added versatility.
• ThermaShield™ insulation is a proprietary blend of solid and hollow core polyester staple fibers. The unique blend provides excellent thermal properties while maintaining loft and durability.
• The warm-to-touch, peached polyester lining combines the performance value of a synthetic fabric with the soft feel of cotton. The slightly fuzzy texture provides added warmth and comfort in any condition.
• The unique, 2-person design easily converts into 2 separate sleeping bags for added versatility
• Temp Rating - 30°F / -1°C
• Size - 82"x68"
• Double layer insulation with full cover shell construction
• Practical 2-person size easily converts into 2 individual sleeping bags
• Fully insulated zipper draft tube
• Carry Weight - 7lb 15oz
• MSRP: $129.99
Woolrich Timber Mountain blanket
The Timber Mountain blanket is just the thing for the gear laden cyclists, climbers, campers, or hikers on your holiday list who already have everything. While poor weather likely won't keep them from enjoying their outdoor pursuits, the Timber Mountain blanket will warm them up upon return while inspiring them for their next adventure. Made in the USA on the looms at Woolrich, America's oldest continually operating woolen mill. The front features a motif of hikers, bikers, and climbers, while the back has an ultra-soft pile that's silky against the skin.
• Face: 84% wool/16% nylon, 21 oz
• Reverse: 100% polyester super-soft fleece pile
• Dry clean
• Whip-stitch trim
• Size: 50" W x 68" L
• Made in the USA
• MSRP- $150
Brooks Running Utopia Thermal Hoodie
This versatile hoodie packs a cool-weather performance wallop, with ample style for post-run activities around town. Cozy brushed fabric, 360 degrees of 3M™ Scotchlite™ retroreflectivity, and a sleek, ergonomic design make for a feminine fit that performs, while side mesh in the spliced hood keeps hearing clear. Clever and smart!
• Fit: Semi-fitted
• 360 degrees of 3M™ Scotchlite™ retroreflectivity
• Side zip hand-warmer pockets
• Internal moisture-proof media pocket
• Ergonomic hood construction with mesh splicing and ponytail exit
• Thumbholes keep wrists warm
• MSRP: $110.00
Zoic Men's Downtown Jacket
Built for riding in cold & wet weather, the Downtown Jacket is made of a double-weave stretch fabric that’s wind resistant on the outside but soft to the touch inside. Treated with a durable water repellent finish to keep you dry on rainy days. Secure your stash in 2 zippered hand pockets and a zippered sleeve pocket.
• Double-weave fabric is wind resistant on the outside, soft to the touch inside
• Stretch fabric
• Treated with Durable Water Repellent (DWR) coating to keep you dry in a downpour (treatment rated up to 30 washes)
• Silicone zipper pull makes it easy to grab
• Zipper garage at collar to protect against pinch and abrasion
• 2 front zippered hand pockets
• Zippered tech pocket on arm features internal headphone cable slit
• Reflective logos on front left chest and back right shoulder for visibility on the road
• MSRP: $115.00
Skirt Sports Ice Queen Ultra Skirt
This windproof and water resistant skirt and pant combo protects against all elements. This soft-to-the touch, breathable piece has built-in adjustable leggings under a stylish skirt. Each leg features a hidden drawcord, so she can customize the leg length to her inseam. Zippered gussets at the pant cuff allow for multiple footwear options.
• Skirt length (Medium): 13.5” front | 14.5” back
• Two-panel windproof and water-resistant skirt
• Hidden drawstring for waist adjustability
• Open pocket on outer right side for quick access to storage
• Built-in adjustable length leggings with encased draw cord hidden on each leg (You control you legging length).
• Pant inseam (Medium): 33.5”
• Windproof and water-resistant thigh panels extend below knees for joint protection
• Sonic Music Port concealed under waistband for media headset cord
• Two pockets, one on each outer thigh (does not accentuate hip), to accommodate nutrition, lip balm, glove liners
• Paneling at back of each knee for freedom of movement
• Reflective zippered gussets at pant cuffs allow multiple footwear options
• MSRP: $135.00
Sirena Sol’s Long Sleeve Polartec Wind Pro Jacket
Sirena Sol’s revolutionary long sleeve polartec jacket let’s you comfortably play outside in cold weather. Outfitted with unique details such as a ponytail slit in the hood and back ventilation, this figure-flattering jacket also has a full front zipper, side zip pockets, full mittens with thumb holes and a back zip pocket.
• MSRP: $148.00
Wolerine Lady Anne
Those who enjoy discovering the urban outdoors and have an appetite for adventure can find all-day comfort in the Wolverine Lady Anne boot. The convenient slip-on style come in versatile taupe or black. A Wolverine Q-Shox outsole with four-gait cycle pads complements any stride, helping slow wear and extend the life of the boots. With Wolverine ICS (individual comfort system) technology, wearers can adjust the gel disc under the insole to personalize their level of support. Whether exploring far-away or close to home, the Lady Anne’s practical, casual style suits any setting and provides all-day comfort. Available in women’s sizes M 5-10, 11; W 5-10.
• Nubuck leather and felt upper.
• Nylon lining.
• Ortholite® with performance arch support.
• Internal EVA midsole.
• Rubber Q-shox with four gait cycle pads.
• MSRP: $113.00
LOWA Tempest Lo
LOWA's All Terrain Collection are perennial favorites for day hiking and short-haul, weekend backpacking because they're phenomenally comfortable, supportive and cushioned. One of the most popular styles, for over a decade, the Tempest is know for it's durability and exceptional comfort. Excellent choice for dry climates and trails. Derby style lacing for a great, customized fit.
• Upper: Split leather/Nubuk leather.
• Midsole: PU Monowrap® Frame, a new, patented construction technique that allows us to reduce overall boot weight while retaining important lateral stability.
• Lining: Synthetic.
• Outsole: Vibram® Renovo.
• Shank: Full length nylon.
• Footbed: Climate control footbed with comfort perforations to improve breathability.
Newton Running Terra Momentus All-Terrain Trainer
A trail-running shoe that inspires a natural running posture and stride thanks to a near-level-to the-ground profile and biomechanical sensor plate that allows you to feel the ground while still enjoying cushioning and protection from roots and rocks. Newton's unique Action/Reaction technology under the forefoot offers dynamic shock absorption and energy return. The Terra Momentus transitions smoothly from the trail to road and is designed for use on technical mountain trails and groomed urban paths. The high-traction outsole and actuator lugs grip the trail and closed-mesh upper keeps out dirt and debris while still remaining breathable. Recommended for trail running, walking and light hiking. Available in men's and women's
• Highly-breathable closed mesh keeps out debris
• Non-stretch upper and webbing provides lateral stability
• Slip-proof laces with heel-securing double eyelets
• Lightweight flexible molded P.U. support frame
• Reinforced toe cap
• Reflective logo and heel tab
• Gusseted tongue
• Tuned Action/ReactionTM technology in the midfoot and heel
• Biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate
• Tuned firm high-rebound EVA
• Midfoot/rearfoot support chassis for added stability
• ETC anti-friction, anti-bacterial sockliner
• High-traction and -durability rubber compound
• MSRP: $149.00
Keen Harvest III Backpack
An item for everyone’s Wish List, KEEN launched the Harvest III Series - a one-of-a-kind collection, made in the USA from pre-consumer automobile airbags. Side impact bags have been collected, over-dyed for rich saturated color and upcycled into splendid totes, bags and wallets. Each item in the collection is hand-numbered underscoring both its uniqueness and hand craftsmanship.
• Adjustable shoulder straps
• Avocado fabric color will vary due to dye process
• Domestically harvested un-deployed side impact air bags have been repurposed into functional everyday bags
• Features repurposed materials making each one of a kind
• Interior zippered pocket(s)
• Made in U.S.A.
• Polyester/nylon exterior with silicone water resistant coating
• MSRP: $120.00
Millet Steep 27
The strenghts of a freeride pack plus the specific features of a mountaineering pack. The main compartment has U-shaped opening and 3 zipped storage pockets. This is definitely a full featured pack.
• Main compartment has U-shaped opening and 3 zipped storage pockets
• Direct access zip / Chest strap / Ergonomic Mesh and foam
• Avalanche beacon storage and avalanche alert instruction card / Front freeride ski-holders with pull-out straps / Side ski-holders with reinforced 150 mm loops / FPP™ ice-axe carrier / Removable helmet-holder / Compatible with all hydratation systems /
Interior zipped pocket with key ring / 2 zipped pockets on waistbelt
• Steep Back™
• 600D Polyester
• Base reinforced with 420D Velocity
• MSRP: $139.95
Po Campo Cycle Chic Gift Set
Outfit the stylish bicyclist in your life with the ‘Cycle Chic Gift Set.’ The ladies of Po Campo have stuffed the beloved Armitage Satchel with their favorite bicycle accessories, from playful lights to a cozy headband. This gift pack includes: Po Campo Armitage Satchel, Po Campo Reflective Pin, 100% Merino Wool Buff Wool Headband, Knog Blinder Heart USB-Rechargeable Light, Civia Beautiful Life Pint Glass, Nalgene Tritan BPA Free Water Bottle, Bike Love Necklace, Kind Bars in Fruit and Nut Delight
• MSRP: $140
Piggyback Rider® NOMIS XL Backpack
The multi-award winning Piggyback Rider® engages parents with their children in active transport, year round on every outing, by creating a mutually enjoyable, effortless way to carry toddlers at your back. While the uncompromising engineering of the Piggyback Rider® remains unchanged, a number of intelligent updates to the previous NILOC model have been made. The Piggyback Rider Backpack features the patented toddler carry system integrated into a standard backpack. The standing bar is stowed within the backpack, ready for use anytime, anywhere. Unzip the pouch and the bar drops down ready for use. For safety, the child holds integrated grab handles and is secured by either the basic or deluxe safety harness (basic harness included). The innovative, unisex design incorporates standard backpack adjustments to distribute the child’s weight at your core, while they stand firmly on the tempered aluminum bar supported by the shoulder carrier. Children love the height advantage, rest, quality time and longer adventures, while you walk with a natural upright posture. The NOMIS backpack carrier includes a basic safety harness.
• MSRP: $139.99
Enjoy the Freedom to go anywhere with SteriPEN’s smallest, lightest and first rechargeable UV water purifier. Eco-friendly, the SteriPEN® Freedom’s integrated battery recharges via a micro USB B port -- recharge via computer, AC outlet or compatible solar charger. The metallic green Freedom provides 8000 0.5L (16 oz.) water treatments. In 48 seconds, the germicidal UV light destroys over 99.9% of bacteria, viruses and protozoa such as giardia and cryptosporidium. One liter volumes may be disinfected by treating twice. Perfect for outdoor, business and adventure travel.
• Dimensions: 13 cm x 3.5 cm x 2.2 cm (5.1 in. x 1.4 in. x 0.8 in.)
• Weight: 2.6 oz. (74g)
• Usage: Up to 40 treatments/charge
• Treatment: 16 oz. (0.5 L) in 48 seconds; One liter volumes may be disinfected by treating twice.
• Battery & UV Lamp Life: 8,000 16 oz. (0.5 L) treatments
• USB cable, AC Adapter and neoprene case included.
• MSRP: $119.95
MSR SureLock TR-3
The three-section SureLock TR-3 poles deliver the versatility you need to be ready for anything: from laying down the trail miles, to moving over technical terrain with poles stashed discreetly on your pack. Maximum compactness combines with our patent-pending Trigger Release adjustment system to make the TR-3 poles the top choice for people seeking a single pair of poles to carry them through any terrain or season. Includes both Snow Baskets and Trekking baskets.
• SureLock Adjustment System: 100% positive-locking mechanism offers the confidence of absolute, non-slip performance in all conditions.
• Fast, Easy Trigger Release: Glove-friendly, two-finger activation for fast, one-handed length adjustments from the grip.
• Efficient Strength: 7000-series aluminum delivers exceptional, ultralight strength.
• Superior Swing Weight: Eliminating hardware on the shaft keeps center of gravity high for an easy, efficient swing.
• Dual-Density Grip: Sleek design works with a broad range of hand sizes and features a catch for raising heel lifts on snowshoes and AT bindings.
• MSRP: $149.00
Following the successful introduction of its first folding knife, Helle of Norway released the Skala, their second folder, this past October. With a 3.5” blade and a 4.6” handle, the Skala was designed with the same profile as the Dokka. However, the Skala has a 12C27 stainless steel blade and a handle made of Cocobolo wood, a tropical hardwood that features a dark, rich texture. With its 80th anniversary this year, the release of the Skala has shown that Helle is dedicated to innovation while still preserving the longstanding tradition of quality handmade craftsmanship. As with every Helle knife, everything from the blade to the handle to the sheath is fashioned by the hands of Norwegian craftsmen.
• Weight: 130 g
• Blade material: Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel
• Blade thickness: 2.7 mm
• Blade length: 84 mm
• Handle material: Cocobolo
• Handle length: 117 mm
• Sheath material: Genuine leather
• Sheath weight: 38g
• MSRP of $129
Wetterlings Bushman Axe by Survivorman Les Stroud
World-renowned for their quality, durability and design, Wetterlings axes are made to last even the toughest outdoor lifestyle. That’s why Les Stroud is partnering with Wetterlings to release his new line of hand-forged axes called The Bushman Axe by Survivorman Les Stroud. In his own words, Les explains, “The legendary reputation of Swedish axes has never been lost on me. I have used them through all of my adventures and travels in the wilderness. So when I was asked to design a beautiful, handmade wooden axe with Wetterlings, I jumped at the chance. It's an opportunity to create my own legacy by joining an already existing great legacy. Wetterlings has made it easy to design an axe that reflects my ideals of craftsmanship, aesthetics and functionality.” The unique Bushman by Survivorman Les Stroud is both an axe and a hammer. The wedge shaped head ensures extreme splitting power, while the long, broad blade is good for felling or carving. The neck is a distinct hammer and includes a finger notch making it easy to do detailed, precision work. The American Hickory handle is long enough to be a two-hand axe for wood splitting and felling.
• Head weight : 1.6 Lbs
• Handle length : 22 Inches
• Blade length : 3 3/4 inches
• Head length : 6 inches
• MSRP $149
It is a great cooking stove plus is can be used as an off-grid power charger to charge small electronic devices. Additionally, the CampStove is a convenient and green choice, reducing an individual’s carbon footprint and keeping fuel canisters out of landfills by using twigs and other solid biomass instead of non-renewable petroleum.
• Powers most USB-chargeable devices such as GPS, small speakers, or a headlamp
• Fast to boil
• Lights quickly and easily
• Burns sticks, pine cones, pellets and other biomass
• Folds easily for packing
• Packed size: 8.25 x 5 inches
• Weight: 2lb 1oz/ 935 grams
• MSRP $129
Light & Motion Solite Headlamp
The new Light & Motion Solite 100 and 250. It's a headlight, flashlight, helmet light and bike light - all in one, making it your go-to light. Whether you are making dark early morning ascent of a 14er or trying to find your hidden stash of coffee buried in your pack - this light will get you where you need to be.
• Rechargeable - uses same battery type as iPhone and can be charged with any micro-usb charging system. (solar, cell phone, portable charging, car outlets, etc.)
• Versatile - headlamp, flashlight, table light, bike light - no other light out there has so many options!
• Regulated - Most lights do not offer consistent brightness and their brightness degrades rapidly. See attached PDF of popular headlamp brightness/run time test. The overwhelming majority of their run time is about 1.3 lumens.
• Lightweight - 1.7 Lumens per gram (for the Solite 250) far exceeds any other light out there. Incredibly bright for its weight and small package.
• MSRP: Solite 250 - $149, Solite 100 - $99