I can't speak for everyones mom, but I know my mom played a huge role in making the outdoors a big part of my life. From an early age she has always been supportive of me playing in the outdoors, even if I was dragging mud through the house. This guide is full of great gift that any outdoors mom would love. This is also the first of a series of gift guides helping you find the right gift for Mom!
For the Mom who loves to Know the Time:
Momentum Heatwave Watch
In recent years there has been an explosion of color in almost every outdoor product category, but watches remained surprisingly masculine and monotone. So, Momentum designed the new Heatwave: Serious function in solid titanium, with 100M cases, screw-lock crowns, 5 year battery life and luminous dials & hands, combined with unique, natural rubber straps, in bright, fun colors. Style, fun and function, without compromise.
• Technology: Quartz Analogue
• Functions: HH, MM, SS, DATE
• Power: Silver Oxide Cell, NOTE: ‘V-Series’ movement offers 5 year battery life.
• Case: Solid Titanium, screw back, screw-down crown
• Crystal: Heat-tempered, anti-glare, Mineral crystal (Scratch resistant Sapphire crystal option available)
• Finish: Matte Titanium
• Water-Resistance: 100M / 330FT
• Dial Colours: Aqua, Fuchsia, Purple
• MSRP: $140.00
Highgear takes its latest altimeter watch, the Alti-XT, and offers it in a mini-me version for those looking to simplify things on the mountain. With a smaller profile which is great for the ladies (weighing almost one ounce less and featuring a .25” smaller screen) and streamlined technology, the new Axis-XT packs a ton of features into its compact package. With larger display readings it’s easy to read in any kind of weather, and the dedicated ABC buttons make it super easy to navigate and get data on the fly without having to scroll through a mode button.
• 50 altimeter log books with data recall
• Digital compass
• Weather forecasting
• A thermometer
• 100-hour chrono
• Worldtime option
• Sunrise/sunset times
• MSRP: $130.00
For the Mom who loves Cycling:
Camelbak L.U.X.E. NV
Ideal for cycling, the new NV back panel found on the L.U.X.E. NV allows for maximum ventilation through raised yet supportive pods, vertically and horizontally. Each independent pod articulates and stabilizes the load while allowing the back panel to fully flex, wrap and bend to the body movements in riding positions. Inside, the L.U.X.E. NV™ has ample cargo room to hold everything you need for 3+ hour rides over any terrain – and 4-point compression to cinch down your pack when coming home empty. Fleece-lined media pocket protects your smartphone, iPod, camera or other devices while keeping them close at hand.
• Designed for women: Shorter torso length, S-curved shoulder harness. NV Back Panel
• ANTIDOTE™ Reservoir
• Helmet hook
• Media pocket
• Bike tool organizer pocket
• Four point compression
• Stretch overflow storage
• Waist belt pockets
• Designed to carry: Helmet, multi-tool, pump, spare tube, extra layer, lunch, MP3, phone, cards and cash, keys
• MSRP: $135.00
Showers Pass Elite 2.1 Jacket
The Elite 2.1 cycling jacket uses eVent™ 3–Layer fabric for assured durability and exceptionally breathable, lightweight waterproof protection. Seven venting options offer great protection with less overheating. Available in electric rode, goldenrod and ocean blue, the jacket is perfect for any fashion-forward, cycling-loving mother.
• New AquaGuard Vislon 2-way water resistant front zipper with Storm Flap
• Fully seam taped for wind and waterproofness
• Core Vents and large back vent for flow thru ventilation
• Chest pocket with audio port and large back pocket
• Exclusive airflow–regulating gusseted cuffs
• 360 degrees of 3M reflective trim for maximum visability
• Soft Micro–Chamois collar
• Cinch Cord at collar and hem
• Hood compatible via hook and loop attachement points at collar
• MSRP: $240.00
For the Mom that loves to Stay Warm:
Kelty Ignite DriDown 20 Sleeping Bag
For outstanding 3-season performance, the 600-fill DriDown™ Ignite Down 20° sleeping bag delivers. Light, warm, and above all dry in the presence of moisture, this 2-pound, 12-ounce mummy bag outperforms standard down bags in any climate. DriDown™ hydrophobic insulation allows the Ignite 20 to stay dry 10 times longer, retain 170% (2.7 times) more loft when exposed to moisture and humidity, and dry 33% faster than items insulated with untreated down.
• Box baffle construction
• Efficient, form-fitting hood
• Top draft collar
• 58 inch dual-slider locking zipper
• Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design
• Internal liner loops
• Sleeping pad security loops
• Hang loops for storage
• Ground-level side seams and differential cut for maximum warmth
• Stuff sack included
• FatMan and Ribbon™ drawcords
• Captured cordlock
• MSRP: $199.95
Women's Merino Ninja Suit
Ninja Suit is offering their Women's long underwear in natures finest fiber! Merino Wool is soft, extremely odor resistant, and suitable for gentle machine laundering. One-piece women's specific design seals out the cold, while the 7-piece hood allows you to easily regulate your temperature during activity. A zippered rear hatch that makes answering natures call faster and easier than ever. If you want the best women's Ninja Suit money can buy, then look no further than the Women's Merino Ninja Suit!
• 4-way stretch wicking Merino Wool fabric
• 97% Merino Wool per 3% Lycra
• Natural fiber per renewable resource
• Superior odor resistance
• Women's specific fit
• 7-Panel form-fitting hood
• Full-length front chest zip
• 350 degree waist zip easy number 2 bathroom access
• Thumb loops at cuff
• MSRP: $189.00
For the Mom that loves Shoes:
ECCO Women’s BIOM Lite 1.2 Flat
This shoe is ideal for the casual comfort mom. But don’t let the look fool you in thinking these are just your ordinary flats. Perforated suede uppers help these shoes breathe and help keep your feet dry and cool. The super thin TPU outsole provides a little cushion and protection, placing your feet close to the ground for a natural feel, almost as if barefoot.
• Super-thin TPU outsole
• Extremely flexible direct injected PU midsole
• Midsole construction is very low to the ground
• Perforated suede ballerina uppers
• Natural foot position, almost as if barefoot
• Highly flexible with a long lasting, excellent grip on multiple surfaces
• Long lasting anatomical fit and increased flexibility for improved foot muscle training
• Natural foot position provides an extremely natural motion experience
• Superb fit and perfect breathability
• Daily training for your foot and lower leg muscles, just like walking on the beach
• MSRP: $130.00
The Taos Siren is more than just your average flip flop. The Siren features a full-grain leather upper with embellishments from multi-toned metal studs and detailed stitching. The bottom is lined with Aegis microbe shield for lasting protection against odor, staining and deterioration.
• Upper: Full grain leather
• Embellishments: Multi-toned metal studs inspired by artisan tin work from New Mexico
• Adjustability: Jeweled buckle for a custom fit
• Linings: Premium microfiber for great feel and durability
• Footbed: Taos Signature contour footbed with arch & metatarsal support (click for more detail)
• Footbed lining: Premium embossed microfiber for great feel and durability
• Footbed treatment: Aegis microbe shield® for lasting protection against odor, staining and deterioration
• Outsole: Flexible, durable rubber
• MSRP: $110.00
AKU Transalpina GTX
The Transalpina GTX is specifically designed for female hikers who are looking for the ultimate in comfort in all outdoor situations. This hiking boot combines durable suede with ultra-breathable AIR 8000 technology for the ultimate in comfort n the trail. The AKU IMS-3 (Internal Midsole System) is a triple density midsole system that provides the ultimate in comfort while the exoskeleton frame supports and protects the foot. The Gore-Tex lining, and Vibram Cloud outsole complete the functionality of this innovative boot. Available in women’s sizes 6-10.
• Suede/AIR8000® 1.8 mm
• GORE-TEX ® Performance Comfort
• Vibram ® Cloud
• 6-4 mm nylon + die cut EVA (Medium)
• Weight: 19 oz.
• MSRP: $229.00
Newton Running Women's Distance Neutral Light Weight Trainer
The Distance is a light-weight performance trainer is ideal for everyday workouts and racing. The Action/Reaction technology in the forefoot provides dynamic cushioning that loses less energy with each step than other types of cushioning (such as EVA) and offers a smooth, stable ride, while the open-mesh upper is highly breathable and light weight.
• Highly-breathable, fast-drying, open air mesh
• Minimal anatomical support strapping
• Metatarsal stretch panels
• Variable fit
• Slip-proof laces with heel-securing double eyelets
• Action/ReactionTM in the midfoot
• Biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate
• High-rebound EVA
• Met-flex enhanced midfoot flexibility
• ETC anti-friction, anti-bacterial sockliner
• Accommodates most orthotics
• High-density rubber in midfoot
• Lightweight EVA heel
• MSRP: $155.00
For the Mom that loves Water:
Salamander Paddle Gear Bak Yak
Wouldn't any Mom love to stop dragging her Boat into the Back Country? Well Salamander Paddle gear has a solution, the all New designed Bak Yak-with full Torso and waist adjustability. Re-designed with a 1.5” wide adjustable torso strap running the length from the waist belt to the shoulder harness; truly “one size fits all” adjustability! Thick ½” foam is enclosed and sewn into hip belt and shoulder straps assuring comfort under heavy loads. Constructed of nylon pack cloth, 1” webbing and heavy duty cam buckles with aggressive teeth prevent any kind of slippage. Go ahead and proceed with confidence and crank your load down!
• Infinite adjustability
• 4 heavy duty cam buckle/strap adjustment points prevents slippage.
• Folds into easy-stow stuff sack
• Feather weight 24 oz.
• Fits standard whitewater and play boats
• 5.5” x 5.5” x 10” (packed)
• MSRP: $109.90
Aqua-Bound Sting Ray Hybrid kayak paddle
The Sting Ray Hybrid kayak paddle features our most popular blade style, for flat and slow-moving water. With the lightweight fiberglass blade providing extra strength and stiffness along with the low swing weight pure carbon shaft, the Sting Ray Hybrid kayak paddle is a first class choice for the special lady in your life!
• Ovalized Shaft: 100% Carbon (Available in smaller size)
• Blade Width: 6.25in
• Blade Length: 18in
• Blade Surface Area: 87 sq.in. (561 sq.cm)
• Paddle Weight: 30.5 oz (865 g)
• Paddle Length: 210, 220, 230, 240, 250cm
• Ferrule System: NEW Posi-Lok ferrule
• MSRP: $139.95
Revo Guide Small
With its unique curved stem design, enlarged vents and Motion-Fit system to produce a secure, comfortable fit for outdoor sports and activities, Guide Small goes seamlessly from city to the backcountry.
• Detachable floating leash and buoy
• REVO Serilium™ (Polycarbonate) Lens for durability and impact resistance
• Hydrophilic Nose Pads provide comfort and a secure fit that gently grips your skin to keep your sunglasses firmly in place
• REVO Eco-Use™ frame precision molded from eco-conscious materials
• Four available lens tints: Bronze, Graphite, Water, Shallow Water
• Available with Authentic REVO Prescription lenses
• MSRP: $179.00
AIRHEAD Gang Plank
Walk on water with the amazing Airhead Gang Plank! Up to 6 people can walk the plank, or better yet, relax, and play on the inflatable mat all day long. The innovative design features a zippered connection system so you can link as many together as you want, for the ultimate party on the water! Constructed of tough 30 gauge PVC with 4 grommets to tether it to the lake bottom, your boat, dock or the shore. Featuring a reversible color scheme, the regal white side or opposite royal blue side will surely match your lake house or pool. Lounge with your friends in air cushioned comfort or get wild on Gang Plank.
• Dimensions 6 ft. x 10 ft. (deflated)
• Max Capacity: 6 People
• Material: Heavy Gauge K80 PVC
• MSRP: $219.99