Well if you have forgot that it is Mother's Day this weekend or if you just want to treat your wife or mother to some a little more, this gift guide is for you. Everything in this guide will cost you more than $250 but each product is worth it. We found 3 different bikes and a few products for those moms that love to play in the water.
Ocean Kayak Venus 10
Designed by women, for women – (OK, we did consult one really cool guy). The Venus 10 is built for women of smaller stature to get the most out of paddling a sit-on-top kayak. It offers a roomy seat well without being too wide for a comfortable, effective paddle stroke. Most importantly, the Venus 10 is extremely light (only 34 lbs!) and outfitted with the car-topping handle system that makes independent carrying and car-topping a breeze. Perfect for smaller paddlers looking for a craft that was designed just for them.
• Comfort Hybrid seat back
• Light weight
• Tank well with bungee
• Paddle keeper
• Car-topping handle system
• Seat well designed to accommodate female center of gravity
• Low deck profile perfect for women
• 1% of gross sales is donated to the Breast Cancer Fund
• 6" hatch with cat bag (center)
• Length: 9' 10"
• Width: 28"
• Weight: 34 lbs
• Seat Width: 19"
• Max Capacity: 160-175 lbs
• MSRP: $649.99
MiiR High5 Mixte Commuter Bike (buy one, give one)
Give mom a present that gives to others as well. Active lifestyle brand MiiR is launching their commuter bike line this spring based on a sustainable giving platform: for every bike sold, one person in need gets a bike. The initial launch includes the High5 women’s 5-speed mixte frame in pistachio green. It features a chromoly frame and fork designed to fit racks and fenders, so you can customize, as well as a Sturmey Archer internal 5-speed hub which is great for crusing flats but also gives you gear options for hills. This super cute women's bike comes with a basket and of course a MiiR water bottle. MiiR launched in 2010 with their stainless steel water bottle line and its one4one program: for every bottle sold, $1 goes toward clean water (to date, they've built 9 clean water wells in Africa).
• 4130 Butted Chromoly Steel
• 5 Speed Internal Geared Hub
• Metal Bottle Cage + MiiR 600ml SS Bottle
• MSRP: $899.00
Big Shot Bikes
Looking for a bike that is made just for your mom? Big Shot Bikes makes customizable single speed commuter bikes that are perfect for cruising around the neighborhood or down the bike path with the kids. The bikes retail for an affordable $429 and are fun to own, and to design. The online bike builder tool allows consumers to customize the bikes with three different sizes, five different handlebar styles and thousands of color combinations.
• MSRP: $429.00
Jamis Hudson Sport Deluxe Step-Thru
The Hudson series bikes were designed and built for the casual cyclists. The result is a revolutionary new riding position with gorgeously clean styling. Every Hudson moves the seat back over the rear wheel and lowers the chassis for a more relaxed riding position that puts the ground just a foot-dab away. The step-through versions are especially easy to mount up and ride. You just lift your foot, step through the frame, settle into the saddle and you’re underway before you know it. With multiple gearing options – single, three, five or seven speed – and two braking options – Slidepad’s revolutionary new stopping system or a traditional back-pedal coaster-brake—all Hudsons are as elegantly simple and easy to ride as a bicycle can possibly be.
• Frame: 6061 TIG-welded aluminum, Hudson laid-back design with low ride height, alloy kickstand
• Fork: Hi-tensile unicrown with radiused blades
• Headset: Internal cup, threaded, 1 1/8"
• Wheels: Alex DC25 alloy double-wall rims, 32H, Shimano Nexus 5-speed rear & Formula alloy QR front hubs, 14g black stainless steel spokes
• Tires: Jamis Sport Comfort, 26 x 1.95", with whitewalls or skinwalls
• Crankset: Forged alloy crank, single 42T chainring, 170mm, with full length chainguard
• Pedals: Classic block-style
• Brakeset: Slidepad braking system with ProMax forged alloy direct pull brakes & Tektro alloy comfort lever
• Handlebar: Hi-rise comfort, 15° sweep x 80mm rise x 640mm wide
• Saddle: Jamis Comfort with memory foam, synthetic suede top, burnished side panels and bumper springs
• Sizes: M: S (13"), M (15)", L (18"), XL (21") S/T: S (14"), M (17")
• Weight: 29.50 lbs
• MSRP: $550.00
Specialized Women's S-Works MTB Shoe with Boa
The S-Works MTB shoe is built for the mom who loves to mountain bike and wants to take her riding to the next level. Designed for the demands of uncompromising World Cup XC a racer, this ultra-light and stiff carbon shoe offers Body Geometry performance and Boa® dial adjustability. The S-Works MTN shoe is the pinnacle of cross-country performance.
• Women's contoured, fitted upper
• Light and stiff FACT carbon with thermoplastic replaceable tread for confident traction: 11.0 stiffness index
• Full Body Geometry features in outsole and High Performance Footbeds combine to reduce hot spots and improve knee/foot alignment
• Lightweight Boa® S1-M incremental zonal closure allows on-the-fly adjustments for a dynamic fit
• Four times more micro adjustment than a standard buckle closure
• Replaceable high-strength braided steel lace
• Open-back lace guides for easy on/off
• Engineered Micromatrix upper is light, durable and supple fitting, with welded reinforcement on medial heel for durability
• Ultra-vented tongue for breathability
• MSRP: $360.00
Ultralite Sports Nimbus Pedal
The Nimbus bicycle pedal is their steel spindle version of the Cirrus pedal. Weighing 146g for the pedals and cleats, it still tips the scales when compared to most other competitors. Built for any recreational or competitive rider, regardless of size and strength, the Nimbus steel is the perfect pedal for those who want something strong that maintains its lightweight design.
• Weight: 146 grams pedal and cleat set (not including screws)
• Spindle: 17-4 stainless
• Max rider weight: 300 lbs
• Float cleat (Dark Grey): 5.0 deg total motion
• Fixed cleat (Black): 0.5 deg total motion
• Spring: standard spring (installed), heavier options available
• End Screws: m5x8 Stainless Steel, 3mm hex
• Cleat Screws: m5x8 Stainless Steel, 3mm hex
• MSRP: $295.00
Chariot Chinook 1
Chinook is a sporting all-terrain child carrier with all the features expected from a regular stroller (such as pivoting/locking front wheel, one hand easy fold and reclining seat); still it enables multiple activities such as jogging, cycling, hiking or cross country skiing. The new line Urban Series from Chariot is specially designed to meet the demanding needs among active city-living parents.
• Pivoting/Locking Front Wheel that folds away for cycling
• Adjustable reclining seat for those on-the-go naps
• Accessory Cross Bar to mount the latest accessories
• CAS™ Suspension ensures a smooth & stable ride
• Click n’ Store™ for on-board storage of conversion kits
• Multi-Sport Capabilities
• CAS™ Suspension
• Adjustable Handlebar
• Pivoting/Locking Front Wheel
• Anodized Aluminum Roll Cage Frame
• 3M™ Reflective Material
• Five Point Child Safety Harness
• Full Window Venting
• Padded Seating
• Adjustable Reclining Seat
• Back Wheels with Quick-Release Axle
• VersaWing™ Technology
• Rear Storage
• MSRP $949.95
Baby Jogger Summit X3
Summit X3 has no boundaries, no limits-- can go anywhere. This third generation 2013 stroller from Baby Jogger includes fascinating features such as, patented Quick Fold Technology, which allows you to fold your stroller in just one easy step. It has all-wheel independent suspension with hand-operated rear drum brakes for increased control on hilly terrain. The 16" rear and 12" front molded polymer quick-release pneumatic wheels have sealed ball bearings. The lockable swivel front wheel is ideal for jogging. This lightweight stroller also includes a padded and vented seat recliner with retractable weather cover. The Multi-posiion sun canopy has peek-a-boo windows and side ventilation panels.
• Patented Quick-Fold Technology - allows you to fold your stroller with one hand
• Unique patented all-wheel independent suspension offers the smoothest ride on the block
• Hand-operated rear drum brakes for increased control on hilly terrain
• Remote wheel lock to lock the front wheel straight for exercise or release to swivel mode.
• 16" rear and 12" front quick-release pneumatic tires for all-terrain capabilities
• Adjustable multi-position sun canopy with clear view windows and side ventilation panels
• Adjustable padded seat reclines to a near flat position with a vented seat top and retractable weather cover
• Universal accessory mounting bracket - accessorize with ease
• Ergonomic handlebar with wipe-clean grip
• Adjustable five-point safety harness with shoulder pads
• Seat back storage compartment and large under seat storage basket
• Rear parking brake
• Storage strap to keep stroller closed when folded
• 75 lb. weight capacity on stroller
• MSRP: Single - $429.99 and the Double - $649.99
Victorinox Alliance Watch
This watch will turn heads for sure. Featuring a stainless steel case and a rectangle dial this watch will be around for years. The Alliance will also be secure with its Double-locking deployant clasp. Also the scratch-resistant triple-coated anti-reflective sapphire crystal will help keep the face of this watch scratch-free.
• Swiss-made quartz movement
• 21.5x28mm stainless steel case (316L)
• Screw-in caseback
• Water resistant to 30M (100 ft)
• Scratch-resistant triple-coated anti-reflective sapphire crystal
• Luminescent hands
• Date calendar
• Battery end-of-life indicator
• Stainless Steel Bracelet with Double-locking deployant clasp
• MSRP: $525.00
NRS Tyrant 4 SUP Board
Now mom can take the fun with her since the inflatable design means there’s no need for a roof rack and each SUP board comes with a handy carry/storage backpack! The 9' NRS Tyrant Inflatable SUP Board is your magic carpet for surfing river and ocean waves. Its sporty lines, grippy deck surface, stomp pad and interchangeable fins give you wave-shredding performance unrivaled by other inflatables.
• Inflatable construction makes it oh so easy to transport and store this high-performance board. No need for a roof rack!
• 4" thick PVC drop-stitch inflates to 15 psi air pressure for a rigid, no-flex ride that responds to your every paddle stroke and body movement.
• At 34 inches wide and 9 feet long, the Tyrant is built to catch and surf waves like no other inflatable SUP board.
• When you're not challenging waves, the Tyrant's sleek profile and short waterline help it glide efficiently for flatwater fitness paddling and touring.
• Removable and interchangeable fins let you select the combination that gives you the best control for the conditions.
• Interchangeable fins, pressure gauge, high-pressure pump, Leafield valve adapter and a repair kit. 3-year retail warranty, 3-year commercial.
• MSRP: $995.00
The Lotus YSUP™ Inflatable SUP is 10 feet long, 32 inches wide, and utilizes 6 inch thick drop-stitch material making it perfectly sized for a stable ride and a balanced yoga session. The Lotus YSUP™ features a convenient removable shoulder carry strap which eliminates the need for a bulky carry handle in the middle of the board. This provides a clear deck surface and a nearly full-length traction pad for maximum comfort. The Lotus YSUP™ is simple, light, and compact; perfect for travel anywhere!
• MSRP: $1099
Tilley Tapestry Weekender Bag
Made using an attractive and sturdy tapestry fabric, this stylish and functional Tilley Weekender Bag is designed with leather handles and detachable leather shoulder strap. Lined with three open and one zippered interior pockets. Five brass feet studs keep this weekender tidily off the ground.
• Detachable and adjustable leather shoulder strap with shoulder pad for comfort.
• Exterior antique brass 20” zipper with leather pull for easy access
• Leather handles with leather handle grip
• Interior fully lined with 420 dernier nylon
• Interior zippered pocket – 9” long and 6 1/2” high
• Three open interior pockets on other side of bag – one 12” x 5”, one 4” x 5” and one 5” x 5”
• Bottom of bag has five brass feet (studs) with leather strips to keep bag off the ground
• Size: 6 1/2” wide, 15 1/2" high and 20" long – qualifies as carry-on with most airlines but double check with yours!
• MSRP: $275.00