Father's Day is less than a week away and now it is time to get serious about finding that perfect gift. We found great gear for those dads who love water or land but we also found a cool little device that turns any TV with HDMI into a Smart TV. And the best part is that each of these items will cost you less than $50. We still have a couple of guides left so check back soon.
Princeton Tec Vizz headlamp
Princeton Tec's new Vizz headlamp is waterproof, durable, intuitive and bright. With a 150 lumen spot beam, two white ultrabright dimmable LEDs and two ultrabright red leds to preserve night vision, the Vizz is ready for any adventure. A battery meter let you know when the AAA batteries need are running low and an intuitive large push button will get you from any mode to any other mode without scrolling through all the features. The Vizz is also waterproof up to a meter for 30 minutes.
• Power: 150 Lumens
• Lamp Modes: 1 Maxbright LED, 2 Ultrabright White LED, 2 Ultrabright Red LED
• Burn Time: Maxbright High: 110 hr / Ultrabright White 160 hr / Ultrabright Red 150 hr
• Distance: 23-90 Meters
• Batteries: 3 AAA
• Weight: 92 grams
• MSRP: $49.95
Fenix HL10 Headlamp
The Fenix HL10 Headlamp puts 70 lumen max output in a featherweight case that opens to release a mini flashlight. Three brightness levels deliver a 90 degree beam with a 100 degree tilt inside the durable case that measures less than 3”.
• Max 70 lumens output from a single AAA battery
• Three output options with up to 30 hour runtime
• 50 minute runtime on high with a Ni-MH battery
• Removable mini flashlight for handheld use
• Limited Lifetime Guarantee from Fenix Lighting U.S
• Size: 2.7" (Length) x 1.2" (Width) x 1.1" (Height)
• Weight: 1.6 ounce weight (excluding battery)
• Accessories: AAA battery, spare o-ring
• MSRP: $29.95
Gerber Bear Grylls Grandfather Knife
You probably owned a classic pocket knife as a kid and maybe your father or grandfather kept one handy. Gerber’s decades of experience crafting tools and Bear Grylls’s adventure knowledge come together in the Grandfather Knife. Like a good hand tool, the first thing you’ll notice about the Grandfather Knife is its comfortable heft and easy handling. It weighs half of what most multi-tools weigh and embodies the essence of pocket knife: equal parts utility and zest for adventure. The fine edge blade, corkscrew, flat and Phillips head drivers, small file and all-important bottle opener are easy to deploy and give you flexibility in your moments of need. At 3.75 inches long, the closed knife is only slightly bigger than a disposable lighter. Still, you get a 2.75-inch fine edge blade, big enough for substantial tasks yet compact enough to carry daily.
• Overall Length: 6.50”, 16.5cm
• Blade Length: 2.75”, 6.9 cm
• Closed Length: 3.75”, 9.5 cm
• Weight: 3.5 oz, 99.2 g
• Steel Type: 5Cr15Mov
• Handle Material: Over-molded TPU Rubber w/stainless steel BG Badge
• Fine edge blade
• Flat driver
• Phillips driver
• Bottle opener
• Lanyard Ring
• MSRP: $32.00
Big Agnes Big Easy Chair Kit
Dad can now convert his sleep pad into a camp chair with the Big Agnes Chair Kit. Made of durable 150 denier polyester, dad can sit in comfort around the camp fire without having to haul in a folding chair. This chair is given added support with fiberglass stays and is available in two sizes.
• Available in 2 sizes:
• 20" (red) fits 20" wide pads
• 25" (blue) fits 25" wide pads
• Both chair kits can be used with a 60", 66", 72" or 78" long pad and mummy or rectangular shapes
• Made of durable, 150 denier polyester with fiberglass stays.
• Comes with a mesh stuff sack.
• 20" Chair Kit: 14 oz. 25" Chair Kit: 1 lb 3.5 oz
• MSRP: $39.95-$44.95
Has your dad been wanting a Smart TV but doesn’t want to pay hundreds of dollars for one? Well, this Father’s Day you can surprise him with the SmartStick. The FAVI SmartStick, is a tiny USB stick that upgrades any HDTV to a Smart TV by simply plugging it into a HDMI port. At $50, it’s an inexpensive alternative to buying a “Smart TV” and offers all the same capabilities: Internet access, Netflix, Pandora plus access to every app in the Android market.
• Make any TV a Smart TV
• 100% Compatible with any HDTV
• Plug & Play with no subscriptions needed
• Your favorite movies, music, apps and games delivered instantly to any HDTV
• MSRP: $49.95
Granite Gear Air Zipptwists
A new twist on packing systems from Granite Gear. The Air ZippTwist features a water-resistant zipper, Ultralight and Durable Cordura® 30 D Sil-Nylon, Space Saving Shape, and Eye-Candy Colors. Sold in sets of 2 and comes in Reusable Stash Packaging.
• See-thru Sil-Nylon fabric allows you to see what's inside.
• Unique zippered access allows fast loading and secure storage
• Convenient haul loops for grabbing and hanging
• Block shape stacks great inside your pack
• Keep gear organized and color coded.
• Fully finished seams
• 30D Sil-Nylon CORDURA
• MSRP: $28.00-$42.00
eBags Crew Cooler JR
The eBags Crew Cooler JR has a top "dry" compartment has double pullers for easy access and is perfect for items that do not need to be kept cold. The zippered mesh pocket in the lid keeps napkins and other small items in place while the bottom "cold" compartment is insulated on all sides and has a replaceable zip-out PEVA liner. There is also a front tip-out pocket that has side pleats to prevent contents from spilling out and an elasticized mesh pocket against the body for small packets & silverware and more.
• Top "dry" compartment has double pullers for easy access and is perfect items that do not need to be kept cold
• Zippered mesh pocket in the lid keeps napkins and other small items in place
• Bottom "cold" compartment is insulated on all sides and has a replaceable zip-out PEVA liner
• Front tip-out pocket has side pleats to prevent contents from spilling out
• Elasticized mesh pocket against the body for small packets & silverware
• Zippered end pockets for water bottles
• Padded web handles that are box-x stitched for durability
• Removable adjustable shoulder strap
• Open top pocket on the back
• Satin nickel zipper pulls are easy to find and easy to grab
• All seams fully finished
• Weight: 1 lbs, 3 oz
• Price: $39.99
Bomber Gear Solar 50 rash guard
The Bomber Gear Solar 50 rash guard will keep the sun off Dad while he's playing at the beach with the kids, fishing or out for an afternoon paddle. Made with 11oz. Lycra and SPF 50 protection, the Solar 50's performance cut and flat seam construction fits comfortably without irritation. Fashioned with a reflective screen printed logo, our rash guard is treated with an anti-microbial agent to reduce odors.
• SPF 50 sun protection
• Flat seam construction for a comfortable fit
• Treated with an anti-microbial agent
• Reflective screen printed logo
• MSRP: $44.99
L.L. Bean Sea Sport Shirt
Dad will reach for this quick-drying water-sport shirt every time he heads out to paddle, surf or kayak. The UPF 40+ rated fabric blocks harmful UV rays and protects your skin from sand, PFD straps and more. Plus the lightweight polyester fabric feels good against your skin and stretches as you move. In an active Trim Fit, this sits close to the skin, so it will fit well under a PFD and won’t “balloon” under water.
• Easy-moving sun protection you need out on the water
• UPF 40+ shields you from harmful rays
• Quick-drying fabric stretches for great freedom of movement
• Our active Trim Fit sits comfortably close to the skin
• MSRP: $44.95
Freewaters Scamp Men's Flip Flop
Looking for a flip flop that provides ultra comfort out of the box and is a massage for your feet? Check out the new Freewaters SCAMP featuring a Therm-a-Rest cushion footbed. The Therm-a-Rest foam formula provides the unique combination of instant comfort with strong rebound and durability. The signature Therm-a-Rest ridge pattern provides insane grip, flexibility, air circulation and water sipping capabilities. Combine all this with Freewaters ergonomic midsoles and attention to fit and the result is a total game changer in sandal comfort and performance. Best part, a portion of the proceeds from the sale of all Freewaters products supports clean water projects around the world.
• Therma-a-Rest cushion footbed
• Reinforced webbing toe strap
• Arch support
• Held together with water-based glue
• MSRP: $36.00
SealLine EcoSee Bag
These bags are great for those dads that play by and on the water. The EcoSee bags are a transparent dry bag making them great to easily see content and find what you need. The will withstand quick submersions and will float if dropped in the water. Extra tough urethane outshines traditional vinyl with superior abrasion resistance, lighter weight, better cold-weather performance and an improved seal. Plus it’s 100% PVC-free, making it a great alternative for anyone looking to make more environmentally responsible choices.
• Premium Protection: -tough, providing exceptional durability and protection.
• Easy Packing: Clear urethane makes finding what you need a cinch.
• Reliable Protection: Dry Seal™ -top closure and supple materials ensure the best waterproof seal possible.
• PVC-Free: Eco-friendlier urethane is less harmful to the environment than vinyl.
• Comes in 4 sizes
• MSRP: $22.95-$34.95
DRY PAK Tablet Case for iPad
Dad can listen to his music or watch movies on his iPad anytime without worrying about the iPad being ruined by water. Clear heavy guage vinyl is designed to protect iPads and other tablets from the elements but included and ear phone jack so you can listen to the music anytime. The best part is that you can operate the tablet or iPad the whole time through the plastic.
• 9 in. wide x 12 in. long
• Clear heavy gauge vinyl
• Designed to protect electronic touch pads and other tablets from the elements
• View and operate touch pads and tablets through the case with ease!
• White sealing clip for high visibility
• Integrated female jack RF welded at the bottom
• For paddling, boating, camping, hiking
• Holds electronic touch pads, owners manuals, snacks, maps, etc.
• MSRP: $31.99
ThermaCELL Outdoor Lantern
The ThermaCELL Outdoor Lantern is an effective way to get rid of black fly and mosquito problems. These portable mosquito-repelling lanterns offer multiple features: This lantern gives off a nice light yet keeps the bugs at bay. The Outdoor Lantern uses a butane cartridge which heats an insect repellent mat and releases the repellent into the air creating a 15' x 15' bug-free area. The lantern uses 1 butane cartridge and 4 AA batteries.
• Repels mosquitoes, black flies and other flying insects
• Shields a 15 x 15-foot area
• Easy to use - no candle or open flame
• EPA Registered
• No smelly lotions, sprays, or oils on your skin—comfortable to use
• Convenient: compact, portable, lightweight
• Dual-function: Repels bugs and provides light
• 8 LED lights have "low" and "high" illumination settings; lights operate on 4 AA batteries (not included)
• Easy-grip handle
• Rugged outdoor structure
• A butane cartridge (included) heats an insect repellent mat and releases the repellent into the air
• Repellent is a synthetic copy of a substance found in chrysanthemum flowers
• Contains: 1 reusable Mosquito Repellent Outdoor Lantern, 1 butane cartridge (lasts up to 12 hours), 3 insect repellent mats (lasts up to 4 hours each)
• Additional butane cartridges and insect repellent mat refills sold separately
• MSRP: $31.99
Pow Zone Bike Glove
You might know Pow Gloves more for their winter gloves, but this biking glove is worth looking into. The Zone Bike glove uses reinforced, double stitching. The back of the hand is constructed from a soft corded nylon shell, that's both tough and lightly padded for protection. A hook-and-loop closure will secure the glove in place.
• Shell: Closed Poly-mesh/ Neoprene
• Palm: Clarino microfiber palm
• Reinforced construction
• Padded backhanda
• Textured palm
• Hook and loop closure
• MSRP: $35
Ruffwear Slackline Leash
The perfect leash for the dad who takes his dog everywhere. The Slackline Leash is an adjustable length leash, which you can make the leash longer or shorter, depending on your surroundings. An ergonomic metal slider allows for easy one-handed length adjustment on the go - from 3.5 ft to 6ft. A side release buckle near the handle converts to a waist-worn option for hands-free walking and running. Or use the side release buckle to quickly clip around a tree or post.
• Adjustable length from 3.5 to 6 ft via the ergonomic slider
• Ruffwear-designed, all-metal Talon Clip™ is strong and secure
• Ergonomic design makes the Talon Clip easy to clip
• Adjustable padded handle, with side-release buckle, can be hand-held, waist-worn or secured around a tree or post
• Convenient accessory loop for pickup bags or small clip-on items
• Low-light visibility with reflective trim
• One size: length adjusts from 6’ to 3.5’ when hand-held (1 in width)
• MSRP: $39.95