With summer in full swing now, it is time to get out and enjoy the water. In my opinion, stand up paddle boarding has to be one of the best water sports. If you have never tried it, I would recommend finding a local shop where you can rent a board and get out on the water. Or as the saying goes jump in with both feet and find some new gear in this guide and enjoy. The first time for me out paddle boarding I was hooked.
NRS Tyrant 4 SUP Board
Now you can take the fun of stand up paddle boarding anywhere with the Tyrant 4. The 9' NRS Tyrant Inflatable SUP Board is your magic carpet for surfing river and ocean waves. Its sporty lines, grippy deck surface, stomp pad and interchangeable fins give you wave-shredding performance unrivaled by other inflatables. The inflatable design means there’s no need for a roof rack and each SUP board comes with a handy carry/storage backpack!
• Inflatable construction makes it oh so easy to transport and store this high-performance board. No need for a roof rack!
• 4" thick PVC drop-stitch inflates to 15 psi air pressure for a rigid, no-flex ride that responds to your every paddle stroke and body movement.
• At 34 inches wide and 9 feet long, the Tyrant is built to catch and surf waves like no other inflatable SUP board.
• When you're not challenging waves, the Tyrant's sleek profile and short waterline help it glide efficiently for flatwater fitness paddling and touring.
• Removable and interchangeable fins let you select the combination that gives you the best control for the conditions.
• Interchangeable fins, pressure gauge, high-pressure pump, Leafield valve adapter and a repair kit.
• 3-year retail warranty, 3-year commercial.
• MSRP: $995.00
SUPCO Classic Bamboo 11' 2"
The Classic Bamboo is a little more stable than a 10'6" board with the extra length and volume. Perfect for flat water touring or surfing long rolling waves. This board contains an EPS foam core with T-stringer support and reinforced sealed rails. Both tail and nose are reinforced as well. Both extremely durable and soft, the deck pad allows you to keep on your board and can take whatever you can dish out. With its perfected shape, the Classic offers second to none stability for a smooth glide across open waters.
• Premium epoxy construction
• Tri-fin set up
• Deck traction
• Finger contour grip
• 2lb foam core
• Reinforced sealed rails
• Three layers of 6 oz. fiberglass cloth with epoxy resin and an external polymers paint finish.
• Color: Pink, Bamboo, Black
• MSRP: $1,049.00
Advanced Elements Stiffy SUP
The Stiffy inflatable SUP has a revolutionary design that rivals the rigidity and performance of hard board SUP’s. The Stiffy’s new technology incorporates aluminum support shafts along the sides of the board, giving extreme rigidity to a board that can be packed down and transported anywhere in the world. The Stiffy SUP truly is the evolution of inflatable SUP’s.
• High pressure drop-stitch material and integrated aluminum support shaft system allows for ultra-stiff performance.
• Raised board tip increases performance.
• Large traction foam area for improved grip and comfort.
• Double layer outer skin for superior durability.
• 5 stainless steel d-rings for gear tie down and leash attachment.
• Durable Single-action Hand Pump with Gauge for high-pressure inflation.
• MSRP: $1099
Bending Branches Amp Paddle
The Amp paddle has a great look, but it also performs. The shaft of this paddle is made of carbon fiber which makes it light yet it still has some flexibility. Rounded blade edges avoid catching on the water. The Amp has a 10° bent shaft and the blade is edged with Rockgard edge protection. Also the Amp is an adjustable paddle that comes in 2 lengths and each option has 10” of adjustability in two-inch increments.
• Blade Size: 8.5" x 16.5" (100 sq in)
• Grip Type: Palm Grip, Red Alder
• Lengths Available: 70" to 80”, 76” to 86"
• Rockgard® Color: Black
• Shaft Type: Aviation-grade T-700 Carbon
• Weight: 27.5 oz (780 g) : weight based on average weight of 70” (adjustable from 70"-80") paddle: due to the natural variations in wood, weight could vary by +/- 10%
• Wood Type: Red Alder and Black Willow
• MSRP: $274.00
Designed to keep you cool while working on the water and to dry quickly to keep you warm when the session is done, the Kanaha is designed with Schoeller's phenomenal Nanosphere technology. This hydrophobic shirt is designed with a modern, classic slim cut and built for the highest level of performance.
• Hydrophobic long sleeve water shirt
• Ultra-fast drying, lightweight & highly breathable
• Water repellent - NanoSphere® Technology
• Sun protective - UPF 40 (Wet or Dry)
• Tailored fit
• Pocket with KeyLeash & cable management
• Built to last with recycled, non-corrosive zipper
• MSRP: $90.00
Mountain Khakis SUP Board Short
As you would expect from Mountain Khakis, the SUP Board Short is chock full of great performance features such as its super lightweight, densely-woven nylon fabric that is water repellant, quick drying and UVA-UVB 50+. The Short also boasts MK’s signature details such as triple-stitched seams and the inseam action gusset.
• Super High Density Weave
• 80/20 Durable Water Repellent
• UVA-UVB 50+
• Quick-dry, Lightweight & Packable
• Inseam Action Gusset
• Triple Stitching
• Velco® Waistband with Tie Closure
• Velcro® Fly Closure
• Back Pocket with Velcro® Closure, Elastic Key Cord + Drain Hole
• MSRP: $69.95
Bomber Gear Solar 50 Rash Guard
Go hard while keeping safe from the sun with the solar rash guard, made with 11 oz. Lycra and SPF 50 protection. The Performance Cut and flat seam construction fits comfortably without irritation. Fashioned with a reflective screen-printed logo, the rash guard is treated with an anti-microbial agent to reduce odors.
• MSRP: $39.99
SeasonFive Barrier Capris
The Barrier Capris is not new this year but is a great choice for those women who love to paddle. Made with Atmos 1.0 fabric which provides waterproof, windproof and sunproof protection up to 50+ UPF while still allowing heat vapor to escape. They have an extra back rise for sitting and can be worn as a stand-alone piece, or under your wetsuit for added warmth. The Barrier Capris will keep you dry when you are getting splashed, or just in wet conditions.
• Fabric: Atmos 1.0 is a thin, three-layer membrane composed of a hydrophobic knit for waterproofing and finished off with a DWR coating.
• MSRP: $70.00
New Balance Minimus 70 Water
Designed specifically for stand-up paddle boarders, a first for New Balance, the Minimus 70 Water provides support and stabilization for your feet as they work to keep you upright and balanced without sacrificing comfort or style. A revolutionary water shoe engineered to meet the demands of stand-up paddle boarding, the Minimus 70 Water features a smart heel, midsole and outsole drainage system to help keep your feet dry and comfortable. The Minimus 70 Water has a lightweight, breathable construction to keep your feet cool, comfortable, and protected both on and off the board. Grounded in bright colors with vivid accents, the Minimus 70 Water will be available for men and women.
• 4mm drop
• Midsole drainage system
• Non water absorbing materials
• Odor resistant
• Rubber outsole
• Synthetic/Mesh upper
• NL-1: Natural Last
• MSRP: $89.99
Outdoor Research Maelstrom Dry Bag
A fully waterproof messenger-style bag, the Maelstrom Dry Bag offers crosssport functionality, from paddling to the cross-town commute in less-than-ideal weather. For paddlers, the Maelstrom means easy portability of gear when you’re out of the boat, and as an around-town bag, electronics and papers are guaranteed to arrive dry. Outdoor Research’s unique VaporLock seal closure is extremely secure, and resists opening from either internal or external pressure, but a top flap can also be closed without sealing the VaporLock.
• VaporLock™ Waterproof Seal
• Integrated Handle and Attachment Points
• Flap Closure with Tension Hook Attachment
• Clear Panel for Interior Visibility
• Clear for Interior Visibility
• Adjustable Strap
• Available in 5,10 and 15-liter sizes.
• MSRP: $59.00, $69.00 and $79.00 respectively
SPIbelt Waterproof belt
The SPIbelt will expand to hold any smart phone, keys, cash, credit cards, and even a passport. Use the Waterproof SPIbelt to keep your important belongings dry and clean in all sorts of wet and dirty environments. A sturdy LOKSAK plastic inner-liner protects your belongings from the elements. The SPIbelt™ is sleek, secure, and does not bounce.
• Fits waist size 25" through 50".
• Certified Waterproof to 200 Feet
• Ecologically Smart
• Highly reusable
• 100% Recyclable Polyethylene
• MSRP: $29.99
E-Case iPhone 5 Case
E-Case protective cases are made in Seattle and deliver an unrivaled, sophisticated combination of submersible, waterproof protection that delivers unrestricted access to your device’s features and functions in wet or gritty environments. Each case features high-clarity, supple windows for full touchscreen functionality and undistorted audio. The easy-to-use SealLock zipper closures are dual-track and interlocking to provide guaranteed submersible protection. And die-cut lash points allow users to safely tether their device to their gear, packs or apparel on adventures. Designed specifically for the iPhone® 5 and iPod® 5th-gen. devices and boasting a sleek, waterproof headphone jack. Adjust the volume or answer a call with the remote controls on your headphone wires, all while enjoying the confidence of guaranteed protection from the elements for your coveted device.
• Integrated, waterproof 4-pole headphone jack is compatible with remote controls on headphone cables.
• Model-specific, high-clarity windows allow direct access to touchscreens, cameras and audio functions with full protection.
• Every case is individually tested to meet IPX7 standard of withstanding submersion in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes.
• One-step, waterproof SealLock™ zipper and rugged RF-welded seams guarantee protection.
• PVC-free materials and UV-resistant windows.
• Die-cut lash points for tethering.
• Fits iPhone® 5 and iPod® 5th-generation devices.
• MSRP: $39.95
WheelEEZ Stand Up Paddle Board Rack-3
This cart takes the work out of transporting stand up paddle board gear to the beach. The boards may not be heavy, but they are cumbersome making it awkward to transport on any surface, though especially over soft sand or in breezy conditions. The SUP Rack-3 model attaches to WheelEEZ Kayak/Canoe Carts, carrying 3 boards and paddles.
• Convenient rack system holds up to 3 boards and paddles.
• Light weight, heavy duty, collapsible aluminum rack frame is marine grade anodized, after fabrication.
• Stainless steel hardware.
• Soft foam pads on cross-bars and removable upright divider tubes protect boards.
• Frame disassembles for compact storage.
• Easily attaches to Wheeleez® Kayak Cart-Beach (for sand surfaces) or Kayak/Canoe Cart with Tuff-Tires or Boat Wheeler (for hard surfaces).
• MSRP: $199.00
Kiss My Face Sport Spray SPF 50
New for 2013, all of the Kiss My Face sunscreen lotions contain Hydresia to ultra moisturize the skin. Hydresia is nature’s moisturizer nurtured from safflower seeds. Hydresia oleosomes are little “capsules” of oil that collapse at varying rates on your skin, providing controlled release of ultra moisturizing properties. Kiss My Face sun care products utilize natural mineral sun blocking agents, titanium dioxide and zinc oxide and other effective sunscreens to provide full broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. The entire Kiss My Face line of Sun Care products are oxybenzone free!
• Ultra sweat resistant spray designed for active people who want maximum protection from UVA and UVB rays
• Clear, no mess formula dries in seconds, while cooling aloe and cucumber soothe the skin
• MSRP: $16.99 for 8 oz
Unburn Sunburn Relief
Unburn Sunburn Relief is a topical water based gel for fast sunburn relief that actually draws the heat out of the burn to cool the skin. Unlike standard aloe vera gel that seals in the heat from a burn and cool, Unburn's water based gel draws out the heat for fast healing and relief. The gel is controlled by acting as a heat exchanger. UnBurn is formulated with 2.5% lidocaine to give you quick pain relief and contains Vitamin E and aloe to soothe skin and prevent peeling.
• The gel controls cooling by acting as a heat exchanger
• The gel promotes heat transfer through the gel into the air
• As the sunburn-affected area’s skin temperature drops, convection decreases heat until the burned area and gel are equal in temperature
• MSRP: $11.99