This gift guide is full, and I mean full of some great gear for travelling. This is probably our biggest guide to date. We found so much great gear for travelling that it was hard to know what to leave out. We finally just had to make the decision that we couldn't fit it all. We think that you should be able to find that perfect gift for the traveler in your live.
Kelty Ascender 22
The Ascender Series is the cornerstone of the Kelty’s new Travel collection and centers on the expandable and modular Ascender 22; a carry-on sized roller with an external chassis and a removable bag, both of which expand for extra storage and checked-luggage convenience. Smartly designed and versatile enough to cover all your travel needs, the expandable Ascender 22 bag with chassis expands from 40- to 55- to 70-liters. It also features backpack straps, allowing you to carry it like a pack, with or without the frame.
• External expandable chassis
• Accommodates multiple packbags (Sold separately)
• Packbag disconnects from chassis
• Single extension handle with multiple positions
• Inline skate wheels
• Chassis protection
• Carry-on compatible
• Length expansion with divider
• Depth expansion
• Wide 'U' opening
• Zip open divider
• Padded top, sides and bottom
• Internal compression
• Stash pocket
• MSRP: $349.95
High Sierra 22" Spinner
The 22” Spinner has three different carry options making it super versatile when travelling. The retractable handle and spinner wheels provide easy maneuverability with 360 degree rolling in multiple directions so getting through the airport terminal with ease. Padded backpack straps stow behind the main compartment’s zippered back panel. And it easily converts from backpack to duffel with stow-away shoulder straps
• Special built-in, high-density foam structure helps maintain the bag’s shape while minimizing weight.
• Main compartment has a book-style opening and interior clothing hold-down straps.
• Zippered divider panel, between upper and lower compartments, can be rolled up to create one large compartment.
• Drop-bottom compartment, with hold-down straps, is perfect for shoes or bulky gear.
• Recessed, telescoping handle with locking mechanism.
• SURE-GRIP top handle tucks down flat when not in use.
• Reflective piping for added safety.
• AT756 Specific: Custom unibody wheel housing provides superior stability and durability.
• AT756S Specific: Dual spinner wheels glide smoothly with a fully packed case over all surfaces.
• MSRP: $300.00
Timbuk2 Aviator Wheeled Pack
The Aviator Wheeled pack is a high capacity, expertly organized pack with sophisticated styling that works downtown or way way out of town. Panel loading gives it the easy access of a duffel and its expandable top flap enables you to buy those boots you can't resist. A lightweight frame and grab handles everywhere make it easy to heave ho and strategically placed external zipper pockets facilitate last-minute grabs. Its bike-grip inspired handle system and skateboard wheels give it an easy, urban roll no one else has. And when confronted with stairs, the Aviator's backpack straps untuck and easily clip into place for a secure carry. Alert the concierge and bring on the elements, the Aviator is here.
• 25" (66L) huge internal capacity likes to be checked, not carried on.
• Lightweight design and reinforced grab handles on all sides for and easy heave ho.
• Padded, ventilated back panel for a comfy, dry carry.
• Panel loading main compartment provides the easy access of a duffel.
• External compression straps for cinching or expanding.
• Easy access, expandable top flap compartment with secure zipper closure.
• Secondary external stash pockets on the top flap, side wall and main flap.
• Durable nylon and fabric reinforced tarpaulin fabric construction.
• Skateboard wheels and extending handle system for an easy roll.
• Converts from suitcase to travel backpack with stowaway padded straps and removable hip belt.
• MSRP: $259.00
Mountainsmith Approach Travel Pack
The Approach 50 is a great multipurpose pack. The convenient panel load style and carry on size make this the perfect travel piece for weekend get aways while the backcountry features and technical suspension allow this backpack to shine on gear intensive day hikes and fast overnights. The 50L size is best suited for medium and large torso users. The innovative ICS Cup (Illiac Crest Shelf) hipbelt transfers and locks the pack load onto the hips, the Delta Wing Compression system pulls the load into the lumbar region and focuses on the Lumbar Control Point pad on the lower backpanel to fully secure the pack load against the user's major weight bearing point, the lumbar/sacrum region. All this while the Anvil Airway backpanel keeps you cool on the longest trail day.
• Panel loader system, ideal for trail & travel
• Single AL stay and PE framesheet load dispersion
• Load distributing Lumbar Control Point™ pad
• ICS Cup™ waistbelt fitment (ICS - Iliac Crest Shelf)
• Dual density shoulder straps
• Front panel pocket fits Ten Essentials
• Side panel mesh pockets fits SIGG™ and Nalgene® style water bottles
• Trekking pole carry
• Mesh backpanel with Anvil Airway™ airflow channel
• Front pull waistbelt adjustment
• Tuck away, removable waistbelt
• MSRP: $109.95
Thule Chasm Duffels
With an oversized, wide mouth opening and removable backpack straps these rugged, weather resistant duffels are your go-to gear hauler for any adventure. Made from environmentally friendly PVC, these bags have a padded bottom, internal mesh pockets, and rugged tarpaulin fabric, which will keep all gear safe, organized and easily accessible. Straps quickly convert the bag from a backpack to a duffel.
• Oversized, wide mouth opening makes it easy to pack and easy to get to your gear
• Side access makes it easy to reach the main compartment from any angle
• Duffel straps stow cleanly along the side of the duffel to keep them out of the way when not in use
• Internal mesh pockets keep your gear organized
• External compression straps prevent bag contents from falling to the bottom of the bag when in backpack mode
• Daisy chain lash points let you attach the duffel to a roof rack or gear to the bag
• Durable, waterproof tarpaulin fabric stands up on its own for easy packing but easily folds for storage
• Padded bottom cushions your gear from the ground
• Locking zippers deter thieves (lock sold separately)
• Exterior stash pocket stores small items
• MSRP: Small - (27L) - $99.95; Medium - (40L) - $119.95; Large - (70L) - $134.95; XLarge - (90L) - $144.95; XXLarge - (130L) - $159.95
Eagle Creek 2-in-1 Ultra-Light Convertible Day Traveler Bags
I have seen bags that stuff into one their own pockets before but these bags do more than just that. This new line of 2-in-1 Ultra-Lights, feature designs that transform not just into larger bags, but with multiple carry options and looks, all with self-storage Pack-in pockets for the ultimate in stow-and-go utility. With just a zip, snap or clip, the 2-in-1 Ultra-Lights change to a different type of bag with different capacity. The 2-in-1 Ultra-Light Convertible Day Traveler Bags include these 6 styles:
• 2-in-1 Waistpack / Shoulder Bag - Ultra-light waistpack that converts to a small shoulder bag offering expansion of 60% and versatility of waist or crossbody carry. - MSRP $40
• 2-in-1 Tote / Backpack - Ultra-light tote featuring zippered height expansion for 30% more capacity, also converts into a backpack for travel versatility - MSRP $60
• 2-in-1 Sling / Backpack - This ultra-light over-the-shoulder sling converts and expands into a larger capacity hydration-compatible backpack - MSRP $55
• 2-in-1 Messenger / Backpack - This ultra-light messenger expands 70% to convert to a full-sized backpack for versatile carry options and space-savings. - MSRP $75
• 2-in-1 Backpack / Waistpack - Full-sized waistpack that converts to almost quadruple its size, becoming a dual-compartment full-size backpack - MSRP $70
• 2-in-1 Backpack / Duffel - Top-loading and center-access backpack that converts to a full-size duffel bag, adding 15% more capacity. - MSRP $80
Briggs & Riley Transcend Hanging toiletry kit
The Transcend Hanging Toiletry Kit utilizes the same Tuff-lite fabric used in Transcend luggage which is strong, lightweight and abrasion resistant. It has a water resistant 210D lining to help prevent leaks from spreading. And last come with the same “simple as that lifetime warranty as all Briggs & Riley bags.
• Water resistant zipper pocket perfect for storage of small liquids
• Hanging loop with speed buckle for to hang over shower curtain rod or coat closet rod
• Slip pockets for organization
• Elastic loops to hold razors, lipstick, cosmetic brushes or other small items in place easy to reach
• Large compartment area for quick access
• Tuff-lite fabric is strong, lightweight and abrasion resistant
• Zip flap closure keeps toiletries secure
• Webbing loop handle
• MSRP: $49.00
eBags Packing Cubes - 3pc Set
eBags Packing Cubes has over 12,000 customer reviews and comes 98 percent recommended. If you haven’t used packing cubes before - you don’t know what you’re missing. These cubes are the answer for keeping your clothes wrinkle-free and are a must for travel organization. The set includes: one small, one medium, and one large packing cube.
• YKK® zippers with corded double zipper pulls make opening/closing simple and fast
• Mesh top panel for easy identification of contents, and ventilation
• Interior seams fully finished for durability
• Soft mesh won't damage delicate fabrics
• Webbing handle for convenience when carried by itself
• Small size: 11" x 6.75" x 3"
• Medium size: 13.75" x 9.75" x 3"
• Large size: 17.5" x 12.75" x 3.25"
• MSRP: $29.99
GRAYL Water Filtration System
When travel in some parts of the world, clean water can be hard to come by. GRAYL provides the solution to providing clean water everywhere and reducing reliance on bottled water. This compact cup filters water fast, easy and on the go - simply Fill, Press, Drink. GRAYL's G3+™ technology is effective against bacteria, viruses, chemicals, metals, flavor and odor. Constructed of 18/8 stainless steel, GRAYL is rugged enough for the outdoors and stylish enough for the office. GRAYL’s patent-pending innovation works like a coffee press. Fill the outer cup, press down, and water flows through the G3+™ filter into the clean inner cup. Drink immediately, share with friends, or seal the lid and toss it in your computer bag. You can also buy the G3+™ Purifier which adds an extra level of protection, to filter 99.999% of viruses, protozoa and bacteria, plus everything the Filter removes.
• Innovative fill, press, drink mechanism filters great tasting water, fast and easy without sucking, squeezing or waiting.
• G3+ Filtration Technology - three advanced filtration technologies in one
• Fast flow rate - 16oz (500ml) in 15 seconds
• Replaceable G3+ Filter lasts 300 uses (40gal - 150L)
• Materials - 18/8 Stainless Steel and food-grade silicone are extremely durable
• Fits in a car cup holder
• Sealing flip lid
• Drink through the flip lid, guzzle without a lid, or seal cup for later.
• Tested according to NSF/ANSI 42 and 53
• MSRP: $69.95
• Available at the Salt Lake City REI
• Also available at rei.com
Scrubba Wash Bag
Traveling can be a sweaty, dirty experience and if you pack light you will definitely need to stop sometime at a laundry mat to clean some clothes. Well, that could all change if you pick up the new Scrubba Wash Bag. The Scrubba Wash Bag reminds me a little of a dry sack that is designed for washing your clothes. You simply throw your clothes inside the bag, add just a bit of water and soap, shake, squeeze and rub the bag and in less than 5 minutes you will have clean clothes. And when you are heading home and running out of room the Scrubba doubles as a flexible knapsack to carry souvenirs for the family back home.
• Lightweight drawstring backpack
• Constructed from waterproof material
• Includes inner hidden zip pocket
• Folds to pocket-size
• Perfect for storing dirty clothes or using as a daybag
• MSRP: $64.95
Electronic pick-pocketers are out there, waiting to steal your credit card info using RFID scanners. Protect yourself with the HuMn Wallet. The HuMn Wallet's plates, constructed of sleek anodized aluminum or carbon fiber, create a barrier against RFID skimming that keeps your credit and debit cards safe. And with its ultra-modern design and broad selection of colors and finishes, the HuMn Wallet makes a bold fashion statement. The HuMn Wallet is durable, easy to access and protects everything inside of it.
• MSRP: Starting at $76.00
The newest addition to the popular SPOT line of products, SPOT Trace brings the life-saving tracking capabilities of SPOT’s satellite GPS messenger to valuable assets. Using 100% satellite technology, SPOT Trace tracks valuable assets virtually anywhere in the world, on a smartphone or computer. Affordable and easy to use, SPOT Trace is perfect for cars, boats, motorcycles, toys and other valuables. Because of SPOT’s unique satellite positioning, SPOT Trace can track assets for up to 18 months before any batteries need to be replaced. Additionally, SPOT Trace has a line power option. SPOT Trace automatically sends a SMS text/email with your asset’s GPS coordinates once movement has been detected.
• Custom Tracking
• Movement Alerts
• Quick Setup
• Easily Mountable
• Rugged + Waterproof
• Long Battery Life
• Line Power Option
• Height: 2.02 in (5.13 cm)
• Width: 2.69 in (6.83 cm)
• Thickness: .95 in (2.14 cm)
• Weight: 3.1 oz (87.9 g)
• Waterproof Rated: IPX7 (1 m for up to 30 minutes)
• MSRP: $99.95
Trakdot employs newly patented mirco-electronics and ground-based cellular telephone technologies to track and report its position on the ground even while inside metal containers, such as cars, hardened suitcases, and parked aircraft. Trakdot’s shuts off its transmit-and-receive capability and enters “airplane mode” by employing solid-state accelerometer technologies that sense the sustained acceleration of an airplane during taxi and/or the approximate first third of takeoff roll. The same accelerometer technologies used to put Trakdot in sleep mode before aircraft flight, also sense the sustained deceleration of the aircraft as the pilot uses brakes and thrust reversers on the ground to rapidly slow the aircraft after it touches-down. When Trakdot is “re-awakened” on the ground, it finds and employs the local cellular network to contact the Trakdot owner and report its position.
• Tracks your luggage anywhere in the world
• Notifications to your phone or track online
• Works anywhere your mobile phone does
• FCC Certified and FAA Compliant
• Small & Ultra lightweight Travel Essential
• Product dimensions: 3" W x 2 1/4" H x 3/4" D (7.6cm x 5.7cm x 1.9cm)
• MSRP: $59.99 (activation fee: $8.99, annual service fee: $12.99).
The incredibly unique RobeTowl is the perfect solution for any travel, outdoor or fitness activity when a towel is needed but the convenience and privacy of a robe is also desired. Each calf-length, full-sleeved robe is lightweight, antimicrobial and machine washable, and will soak up four times its weight in water then wring out almost completely dry. Made of PackTowl’s ultra-soft, quick-drying and superabsorbent Personal fabric, it’s the perfect two-in-one accessory. It serves as both a robe and a towel any time a little extra privacy and warmth is needed when drying off.
• Highly Packable: Lightweight and compact enough to travel anywhere.
• Ultrasoft: PackTowl Personal fabric’s polyester / nylon microfiber blend delivers next-to-skin comfort.
• 4X Rapid-Cycle Absorbency: Soaks up four times its weight in water; then wrings out nearly dry.
• Antimicrobial Treatment: Reduces odor retention and increases the life of your RobeTowl.
• Easy Care: Machine wash, then hang or tumble dry.
• Calf-length with full sleeves
• Generous hood
• Two deep, carry-everything pockets (sized for 1 liter bottles)
• 3 unisex sizes fit all: S, M, L
• Storage pouch included
• MSRP: $74.95
ExOfficio Crosswind Macro Plaid Shirt
The Crosswind is an updated version of ExOfficio’s classic Air Strip shirt. With a slightly slimmer fit and streamlined pockets, the Crosswind combines functionality and style. Featuring a three-position sun collar, side vents, a three-position cape vent and rated UPF 30+, it will keep you protected on sunny days. The front pockets, one with a security zip, hold your items securely. The utility tab holds anything from sunglasses to a fishing rod while you're tying a fly.
• UPF Sun Guard 30+
• 3-position button-down sun collar
• 3-position Airomesh Plus™ back cape ventilation
• Upper back mesh lining
• Air Strip Ventilation System side vents for increased air flow
• Critical seams moved off the shoulder to prevent rubbing
• Roll-up sleeve tabs
• Utility loop above left front pocket
• Two front pockets
• Hidden security zipper in right pocket
• Moisture wicking
• Quick drying
• MSRP: $95.00
Gramicci Flannel lined Mt Hood Pants
I have now had these pants personally for a few weeks and love them. They are comfortable and warm on cooler days. These make great pants for weekend trips to day hikes in the mountains. The canvas is tough and the pants seem to get more comfortable each time I wear them.
• Action Comfort Fit: Sits at hip and has a relaxed seat and thigh with a comfort straight leg silhouette.
• Double needle reinforced stitching.
• Front coin pocket.
• Deep" Never Lost" front pockets.
• Rugged crater weave canvas.
• Wash separately in cold water before wearing.
• 100% Cotton
• MSRP: $85.00
Horny Toad Snowbourn Quarter Zip Sweater
This sweater is a perfect weight and the low-maintenance, machine washable Merino wool from which it’s made, makes this a winner. It is versatility and great for layering when skiing or just out on the town on a cold day. You will definitely fall in love with this piece of clothing.
• Quarter-front zipper with kissing welts
• Rib-knit collar, cuffs, and hem
• Upper body is solid color
• Lower body is marled color
• Ridgeline design
• MSRP: $138.00
ExOfficio FlyQ Trench (women) Parka (men)
A highly intelligent jacket with an advanced travel pocket system that will help you breeze through airport security. It will also protect belongings from the elements thanks to a DWR finish and durable fabric. It features pockets for gadgets with clear panels that are compatible with touch screens, a microfleece-lined glasses pocket, and a key clip, just to name a few.
• Interior nine-pocket travel system
• Soft shell stretch fabric
• Microfleece-lined collar
• Treated with Durable Water Repellant (DWR) for water and stain resistance
• Adjustable cuffs
• Two security zip hand pockets
• Security zip chest pocket
• MSRP: $120.00
Freewaters Snuggle Bug
Cozy up with sweet styling from Freewaters. A comfy cotton upper is complemented by a, super soft slight stretch in the tongue and heel for easy in and out. Super Pillow Insole with faux fur lining is super cozy and supportive. Unique Features: medial and lateral arch support, stabilizing heel cup, quilted pads for air flow and 4-way flex grooves.
• Cozy cotton upper.
• Stretch to fit tongue and heel for easy in and out.
• Packable travel design.
• Faux fur footbed for optimum comfort.
• Soft flex outsole.
• Constructed with water-based glue.
• MSRP: $60.00