You can find a bunch of great products at this price point. This holiday gift guide is definitely worth checking out even if you are looking for your own Christmas gift. But I am confident that you will be able to find something for the outdoor enthusiast in your life. We have loading this gift guide with products for cycling to skiing and a little bit of everything in the middle. You don't have many days left, so check it out and go support a local shop!
Küat Racks Trio Bike Rack
The Trio is a fork mount roof rack that all cyclists can agree on. Featuring the 3 Way fork mount system, the TRIO can handle any bike you own. Top that off with a slim line design, security system and rugged good looks and you have the most complete fork mount rack ever designed.
• 1 Bike Capacity (45 lbs max)
• Gun Metal Gray Powder Coat Finish
• 3 Way Mount-Fits 9, 15, & 20 mm forks out of the box
• Optional adapter kit for fat bikes
• Mounts to most factory & all aftermarket cross bars
• Integrated Cable Lock (locks both frame and rear wheel)
• Sliding rear tire strap
• Up to 3 feet between cross bars.
• Additional adapters for Phat forks available
• Max crossbar size-3.5” wide by 1.7” thick
• Weight-7 lbs
• Dims-56” x 4” x 1 3/8”
• MSRP: $209.00
Icebreaker Men’s and Women’s Quantum Plus Long Sleeve Hood
The streamlined Quantum + is made from water-resistant, highly insulating midweight terry merino to protect against the elements without restricting freedom of movement. Designed for high intensity sports, the Quantum + has eyelet mesh underarm gussets for extra ventilation, a drop-tail hem for more coverage, and a chest pocket with a media port for earbuds.
• Benefits: Midweight, naturally odor resistant, highly breathable, water-resistant
• Eyelet mesh underarm panels for maximum breathability
• Shaped hood for warmth and protection
• Zipped front pocket with media cord port to keep valuables safe and dry
• Secure zipped front hand pockets, drop-tail hem for added coverage
• Reflective center-front zip and Icebreaker branding for nighttime visibility
• Thumb loops to keep sleeves in place
• Weight: 260 Midweight
• Fabric: 98% merino wool, 2% elastane
• Fit: Slim
• Layer: Mid Layers
• Best for: Running & Fitness, Snow Sports, Outdoor & Hiking
• MSRP: $219.99
Outdoor Research Floodlight Jacket
When the goal is minimizing the number of layers in your pack, but you still need a surefire way to stay both warm and dry, the Floodlight Jacket melds 800-fill down with ultralight, super-packable Pertex Shield fabric. The result is a very lightweight, highly compressible, waterproof puffy that minimizes weight and bulk. There are men's and women's styles available.
• Internal Shove-It™ Pockets
• Zippered Napoleon Pocket
• Drawcord Hem
• Two Zippered Hand Pockets
• Internal Front-Zip Stormflap
• Fully Seam Taped
• Hook/Loop Cuff Closures
• Adjustable Wire-Brimmed Hood
• MSRP: $325.00
Big Agnes Shovelhead DownTek Jacket
This jacket adopts technology pioneered in Big Agnes' down sleeping bags for exceptional performance and style. The jacket will include DownTek™ water repellant down to reduce insulation clumping and retain warmth in wet conditions. The jackets also feature Insotect Flow™ Vertical Thermal Channels (vertical baffles), which distribute heat more uniformly compared to side-to-side horizontal baffles. FlowGates™ are incorporated to maintain uniform insulation distribution and eliminate cold spots. Men’s and women’s styles available.
• 700 fill power DownTek™ water repellent down
• Insotect Flow™ vertical baffles keep you warmer
• Flow Gates™ eliminate down shifting
• Mid-weight down jackets with contoured fit
• Lightweight nylon rip-stop shell is wind and water resistant
• Two exterior pockets with color contrast
• Two large interior mesh pockets for stash space
• One interior chest pocket
• Fill weight size Large - 6.5oz/ 184g
• Jacket weight, size Large - 18oz/ 510g
• MSRP: $249.95
Oliberté Krabu Backpack
Oliberté is proud to produces high-quality leather footwear and bags for travelers. Oliberté footwear is manufactured in its Fair Trade Certified factory in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, while is bags are produced in another factory that still follows sustainable, fair wage practices. All the leathers we use are sourced within Africa, and its shoe soles are made from natural African rubber. A highlight in the fall '13 bag collection is the Krabu, a durable, rugged leather backpack that features adjustable leather straps, a carrying handle and a dual buckle closure. An inside zipper pocket is ideal for credit cards and an outside snap pocket for small essentials. The Krabu is available in rustic brown pullup, camel pullup, dark grey brushed wax, brown/yellow pullup, and bold black full grain. Dimensions: 18" x 14 " x 5 ".
• Adjustable leather straps
• Carrying handle
• Dual buckle closure
• Premium dark grey brushed wax leather
• Credit-card sized zipped leather pocket inside
• Small outer pocket with snap
• Metal ring on outside ideal for carabiner
• Height: 18 inches
• Width: 14 inches
• Depth: 5 inches
• Made in Ethiopia
• MSRP: $240.00
The most technical model ever created by Selk’bag, the Patagon enables the wearer to have even greater freedom and mobility, thanks to the detachable bootie system. In addition, wearers will enjoy improved temperature ratings, thanks to a more technical construction, an improved shell material, and a new insulation technology, Krekran.
• Removable booties that zip off and allow the wearer to use their own footwear.
• Booties zip together and may be used as a pillow
• A more anatomical two-dimensional fit that greatly reduces dead air space and improves thermal performance as well as fit
• An upgraded insulation material, Krekran, which achieves greater thermal efficiency
• Improved shell materials that are stronger, lighter and more thermally efficient
• A redesigned quick-release hand closure system that uses magnets for even faster hand exit and entry
• New Velcro straps that serve to ‘roll-up’ the Patagon’s sleeves, allowing the wearer to work with their hands, be it cooking, preparing a fire, playing a guitar or other activities
• Temp Rating: Comfort 44°F; Limit 35°F; Extreme 9°F (EN13537)
• Insulation: Synthetic
• Carry Weight: 4.0 lbs (M); 4.3lbs (L); 4.7lbs (XL)
• MSRP: $259.00
Sea to Summit Spark SpI
Weighing a mere 12.3 ounces and packing down to the size of a grapefruit, the new Spark SpI sleeping bag from Sea to Summit sets the bar for minimalist sleeping bags. The Spark is filled with the amazing moisture repelling Ultra-‐ Dry Down™ and has a micro-‐weight 10D Pertex Quantum® shell fabric and a 15D nylon soft touch lining. The EN Lower Limit rating of 46 degrees makes it ideal for through-‐hikers, adventure racers, and anyone wanting to travel light and fast. It comes with a storage cube, Ultra-‐Sil™ micro compression sack and cotton laundry bag complete with care instructions.
• Shell: 10D Pertex®Quantum® treated with DWR
• Liner: 15D nylon soft touch, high density weave
• 850+ loft Ultra-Dry Down® (90/10 European goose down)
• Fill weight: Regular 6.3 oz | 180g
• Bag weight: Regular 12.3 oz | 348g
• EN Temperature Rating: 46 F / 8 C Lower LImit
• Suggested use: Cycle touring, ultra-light hiking, adventure racing
• MSRP: $269.00-$289.00
Brooks Range Alpini 30 Sleeping Bag
This lightweight sleeping bag is great down to freezing. It is 850 fill down sandwiched between a Pertex shield that allows for the down to keep its loft while staying protected from the elements. This allows the down to fully loft yet remain protected from the elements. It comes with a unique rectangular stuff sack that allows for it to fit more ergonomically in backpacks
• Lightweight baffle netting for maximal loft & warmth
• Differential cut allow maximal loft
• Cloak hood for full coverage without extra bulk
• Baffled draft tube with zipper guard
• Ergonomic footbox
• Internal storage pocket
• Large cotton storage sack
• Rectangular shaped stuff sack stows in packs better
• MSRP: $319.00
Easton Rimrock 2P
The Rimrock Series is where value and versatility meet space, weight and stability. Maximum livability comes from generous square footage and vertical sidewalls for an open living area Large doors with easy open zippers, generous vestibules and lightweight freestanding construction make rimrock the ideal 3-season tent.. The two-person use dual brow poles and a unique tension band over the dual doors to increase stability. Product manager, John Bercaw says the Rimrock Series is the perfect durable tent for any 3-season backpacker.
• Maximum livability—vertical walls and open headroom.
• Dual entry and vestibules—easy access and added space for gear storage.
• Convenient storage—pockets and tie loops keep essential gear close.
• Excellent stability—proven geometry and freestanding frame design.
• Easton premium 7075 T9 aluminum poles. (made in USA)
• Opposing directional doors for ventilation control.
• Easy-open one-hand door zippers.
• Tension-band over doorway increases stability and structural integrity.
• Waterproof construction with reinforced, taped seams.
• Quick Clip fly-attachment hooks for easy setup.
• Velcro tabs and grommets secure the fly to the frame for stability.
• Multiple guy-out points to increase strength. Guy lines included.
• Premium aluminum stakes included for all anchor points.
• Fast pitch capable. (uses fly, poles and footprint)
• MSRP: $240.00
Tubbs Xpedition Snowshoes
When heading into the backcountry, the newly updated Tubbs Xpedition snowshoe offers superior features for the deepest snow and steepest terrain. The technically advanced Xpedition now features the Pro-Step frame to increase flotation in deep snow and improve ergonomics in walking. The addition of the new Grappler heel cleat with the Cobra™ toe crampon provides superior traction for both climbing and descending. Available in Women’s 21” and 25”, and Men’s 25”, 30” and 36” lengths.
• ProStep Frame reduces impact on hip, knee and ankle joints.
• ReAct™ Binding provides precision and comfort.
• R2 Revolution Response Pivot System gives the ReAct™ binding lateral flexibility to adapt to uneven terrain.
• Grappler Heel Cleat and Cobra™ Toe Crampon for sure footing.
• SoftTec Decking for durable, lightweight flotation.
• Available in Women’s 21” and 25”, and Men’s 25”, 30” and 36” lengths.
• MSRP: $239.95
NICHE Knew Snowboard
The Knew is a killer jib board, with the pop and stability needed to hit jumps and other terrain too, when you want to venture outside the park. The poplar core and HempHop stringers provide plenty of pop and stability, while the flat camber and soft flex are perfect for pressing rails. With a centered stance on this true twin shape, you’ll be hard pressed to find another ‘jib board’ as versatile as this.
• Perfect medium between reverse and traditional camber
• Allows you to float better in pow compared to traditional : camber, while still having a super skate-y feel with maintain edge control
• Fantastic flex profile for being able to do presses, yet stable enough to hit jumps
• Used to replace carbon fiber because it has extremely similar characteristics
• Adds good pop and stability
• Dampens vibrations
• More elastic than normal resin
• Dampens vibrations
• Extremely high adhesion properties to help keep your board from delaminating
• Direct digital print, lacquer-free, matte finish topsheet
• Recycled, beeswax modified base
• Recycled steel edges
• Recycled ABS sidewalls
• Low maintenance and easy to repair
• MSRP: $399.00
Mammut Element Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver
Mammut Element Barryvox is an easy to use avalanche beacon for recreational users. It includes three antennas, a 200 foot reception range, great battery life, marking of multiple burials, and it supports firmware updates. These core features make it an awesome tool for the backcountry weekend-warrior without the extras of more complex beacons. It has one button operation so it is intuitive to operate and simple to use in gloves.
• Digital 3-antenna device
• 3 antennas for simple pinpointing in close range and for deeply buried victims
• Digital signal processing in the event of several buried victims
• Acoustic search guidance
• Intuitive and easy operation
• Overview of distance and direction of victims, as well as the number of victims
• Reverse direction function
• Marking located victims (mark)
• Intelligent group test
• Automatic self-test on start up
• Automatic switching without user intervention from search to send mode (after 8 minutes)
• One-button operation
• Operation with alkaline batteries (LR03/AAA)
• Battery life: Alkaline: typically 250 hours SEND, at least 200 hours SEND, followed by 1 hour SEARCH
• W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance
• Scalable software platform; easy updating, configuration and testing via the W-Link
• High resistance to impact and breakage
• 100% Swiss made, developed and produced in Switzerland
• MSRP: $350.00
SCARPA Freedom SL
The new Freedom SL melds high-performance, light weight and wide range of cuff motion to create a best-in-class Freeride ski boot using Pebax and carbon-fiber construction. SCARPA’s proprietary Carbon Core Technology yields a 120 flex index and alpine performance, paired with a category-leading 27 degrees of cuff range, all at 3 pounds, 15 ounces per boot. Swappable soles that are bolted through the carbon-fiber frame offer compatibility with any ski binding, from alpine to tech bindings, in a design that improves strength and power transfer to the ski. The boot comes with the Vibram Mountain Plus sole, a lugged sole that offers compatibility with any alpine-touring binding, including tech bindings, and the Vibram Mountain Piste Sole, a DIN-compatible sole for use in alpine bindings, is available as an accessory. Inside, the SCARPA Intuition FR Speed liner puts the world’s most resilient, lightest and warmest thermo-moldable foam into a sophisticated multi-density alpine-style liner designed to match the power and tourability of the boot. Men’s and women’s specific fit versions are available, with shell sizing from 21.5 to 31.
• Adjustable Spoiler
• Liner: Intuition FR Speed
• Oversized Power Strap
• Patented Carbon Core Construction
• Patented Ride Power Block
• Vibram® Mountain Plus Sole
• MSRP: $769.00
K2 SuperBright 102 Ski
A women’s specific ski that will get the job done in any snow condition. The directional shape combined with a hearty waist width allows for a playful and nimble ski with the ability to float, slash, and carve. The SuperBright 102 freeride ski is wide enough to ski deep snow but with a lightweight construction that makes it nimble for tight trees and chutes.
• Progressive Sidecut
• BioFlex2 Core
• SnoPhobic Topsheet
• Carbon Web
• ZCLIP Skin Compatible
• Skin Grommets
• Sizes: 146, 153, 160, 167, 174
• Binding Options: no binding
• Radius: 18m @ 160cm
• Construction: Triaxial Braid, Cap Construction, Bioflex2 Core
• MSRP: $780.00
Line Sick Day 125 Skis
These skis are at home in fresh powder, but their unique geometry allows them to turn on a dime when on firm snow. Minimalistic construction provides an extremely light and lively feel, making them super easy to maneuver in all conditions without giving up the solid feel of a traditionally built ski.
• Early Rise™
• Thin Tip™
• Early Taper™
• Maplelite Macroblock™
• Directional Flex™
• Longer Active Edge™
• Sintered Base™
• Waist Width mm: 125
• Length cm: 186, 192
• Shape mm: 150-125-137
• Sidecut m: 19 (186cm)
• Stance mm: -80 (186cm)
• Weight: 2,367 g/ski (186cm)
• Profile mm: 25-3-10
• MSRP $940
The AdvancedFrame® is a hybrid of a folding frame kayak and an inflatable kayak. Utilizing built-in aluminum ribs in the bow and stern, it slices through water like a knife and rivals the trackability of hard-shell kayaks. The stern acts as a skeg, increasing the tracking performance. It uses extremely durable materials in a 3-layer construction and features many high-end components. There is plenty of on-board storage room for extended trips. It sets up in just a few minutes and is compact enough to take along on a weekend adventure.
• Advanced Elements Spring Valve
• Inflatable coaming for attaching a spray skirt
• Durable double coated fabric
• Reinforced bow and stern seam
• Hard edge bow/stern
• Storage compartment
• Neoprene paddle guard
• Adjustable back support
• D-ring tie down
• Length: 10’5”
• Width: 32”
• Weight: 36 lbs.
• Max Weight: 300 lbs.
• Folded Size: 30”x 17” x 10”
• MSRP: $499.99
NRS Earl 6 Inflatable SUP Board
The 10'6" NRS Earl 6 Inflatable SUP Board gives you the same sleek, swift ride as the original Earl 4, but in a 6-‐inch-‐thick design with more air volume for larger paddlers. Designed for efficient paddling and smooth turning, this is a great all-around stand-up paddle board for fitness paddling, touring, river running and light surfing. With 280 liters of air volume, the 6-inch-thick Earl 6 provides optimal performance and stability for paddlers up to 225 pounds. Inflates to a rock-hard 15 psi for performance that rivals a hard board, then rolls up compactly when deflated for easy transport and storage.
• Three removable, interchangeable fins let you customize your board for tracking and turning to suit the water you're riding.
• Heavy-duty PVC construction stands up to abrasion and abuse.
• The diamond-textured foam deck pad gives you a non-slip surface for excellent riding control.
• Nylon fins flex to absorb impacts without breaking.
• Top-quality Leafield C7 inflation/deflation valve for unsurpassed reliability.
• Sturdy webbing handle in the center of the board for easy carrying.
• Two webbing handles up front, plus one on the tail, help you hold onto the board during a swim.
• Three stainless D-rings give you attachment points for gear and a leash.
• Comes with a handy carry/storage backpack, interchangeable fins, pressure gauge, high-pressure pump, Leafield valve adapter and a repair kit.
• 3-year retail warranty, 3-year commercial.
• Repair kit included.
• MSRP: $1195.00
YETI Coolers Roadie
Small but mighty, the YETI Roadie is the best personal cooler you’ll ever find to protect your lunch from the ravages of sandwich-soggifying, drink-sweating heat. Built with the same hardy one-piece construction and ice-retaining insulation as our Tundra ice chests, this personal cooler is equipped with a heavy-duty stainless steel handle for easy carrying of up to 14 cans. The Roadie is even grizzly proof*, just like its larger Tundra cousins. Take this sturdy little cooler with you to the job site, or play hooky and head down to your favorite fishing hole. It’s also right at home in a campsite, kayak, canoe, ATV or golf cart.
• One-piece, roto-molded construction is extremely durable just like a whitewater kayak
• YETI’s proprietary PermaFrost Insulation is pressure-injected, giving you exceptional thermal resistance for unmatched ice retention
• T-Rex Lid Latches, with patent-pending technology and molded-in keepers, keep your lid securely closed and are built to last
• The YETI ColdLock Gasket minimizes unwanted air exchange, locking out heat while sealing in cold
• NeverFail Hinge System includes a full-length, integrated hinge that is self-stopping and will not break
• FatWall Design features extra-thick walls designed to house added insulation for maximum ice retention
• BearFoot Non-Slip Feet, are made from non-marking rubber and help keep your cooler where you put it and up off of hot surfaces
• Full-length stainless steel handle with textured grip that locks upright for easy carrying
• Constructed of food-grade material that is Dry Ice Compatible™ and UV-resistant
• Integrated padlock ports make it easy to bear-proof your YETI Roadie Cooler
• MSRP: $229.99