With Christmas only a week away it is crunch time. Finding the right gift for the outdoorsy type doesn't have to be hard. This holiday gift guide is full of gifts that will cost you between $76 to $100. First up is a headlamp that is not only rechargeable but it also has a technology that automatically adjusts the light output. But this guide has so much more.
Petzl TIKKA R+ or RXP
The new TIKKA R line brings REACTIVE LIGHTING to compact headlamps. This revolutionary technology uses a built-in light sensor to automatically adjust brightness and beam pattern to meet the user’s needs. The result is an ideal amount of light with minimal manual adjustment. This self-adjusting lighting mode also results in more efficient use of the rechargeable battery.
• Light output adjusts instantly, due to the light sensor.
• Constant lighting mode is also available
• Maximum light output: 170 lumens
• Three lighting levels available
• Red lighting mode preserves night vision (red LED)
• Lock function to avoid accidentally turning it on during transit or storage
• Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery, 1800 mAh:
• Comfortable headband is easy to adjust
• Customized burn time with OS by Petzl software, free for download at www.petzl.com/OS
• MSRP: $74.95/$89.95
Mountain Khakis Broadway Fit in the MK Original Mountain Pants
Tired of seeing Dad in his beat-up khakis from the 80’s? Set him style-straight in the Original Mountain Pants or Teton Twill Pants from Mountain Khakis in new Broadway Fit. The proprietary 10.4oz cotton canvas is unmatched in rugged durability and buttery softness. Dad will reach for them every time. Flat front and rear patch pockets.
• 10.4oz 2-Ply 100% Cotton Canvas
• Slimmer Fit Through Thigh and Leg
• 5 pockets
• Diamond-Shaped Action Gusset
• Reinforced Heel Cuffs
• YKK® Zippers
• Triple-Stitched Seams
• Shaped Waistband
• Garment Washed
• Low Rise, Broadway Fit
• MSRP: $79.95
The Slackers Slackline Classic Series Kit includes a 50-foot teaching line for above the head assistance that guides the adventurer from amateur to expert. Perfect for those wanting to conquer the challenge of achieving the perfect balance without getting stuck in the beginner phase, practice this winter and be an expert by spring! The 50-foot teaching line with metal ratchet and rubber grip is made of A-grade rugged materials. The kit also includes a carrying bag and easy directions for setup in just minutes. Created for kids and adults ages five and up. Features:
• Build Core Strength & Balance
• Fun for the whole family
• Popular New Sport
• Easy To Learn
• For ages 5+
• 800lbs Max
• 50 foot slackline (with metal ratchet with rubber grip handle)
• Bonus 50 foot teaching line (with metal ratchet with rubber grip handle)
• Carry Bag
• Easy directions for setup in minutes
• MSRP: $79.99
Coolibar Ruche Water Jacket
Wear the Ruche Water Jacket as a rash guard or cover up over your favorite swimsuit. Stand collar, extended cuffs and droptail hem provide extra sun coverage. Side body zip pocket holds keys and small items. Perfect for the women on your list who loves to be around water.
• Chlorine- and saltwater-resistant aqua SUNTECT® fabric
• Shape-preserving four-way stretch knit
• Ruche detail for feminine style
• Stand collar for neck protection
• Full zip rash guard or cover up
• Invisible zipper pocket on right side seam
• Droptail hemline for back coverage
• MSRP: $85.00
A deliciously warm and comfy slip-on with a charming acrylic knit upper and the signature Taos contour footbed. It is available in berry multi, ombre multi and black multi.
• Upper: Acrylic knit
• Lining: Nylex
• Footbed: Signature contour footbed
• Footbed lining: Premium microfiber for great feel and durability
• Footbed treatment: Aegis microbe shield® for lasting protection against odor, staining and deterioration
• Outsole: Flexible, durable rubber
• MSRP $90.00
Bluemsiths The Kanaha
The Kanaha is made with Schoeller NanoSphere, a high performance technology that repels water, whilst retaining fabric breathability. While out on the ocean, it keeps you cool by working really hard and warm by drying quickly.
• Hydrophobic long sleeve water shirt
• Ultra-fast drying, lightweight & highly breathable
• Water repellent - NanoSphere® Technology
• Sun protective - UPF 40 (Wet or Dry)
• Tailored fit
• Pocket with KeyLeash & cable management
• Built to last with recycled, non-corrosive zipper
• MSRP: $90.00
Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
The Sky Bed takes hammock camping to a whole new level. Using an innovative asymmetric design, the Sky Bed provides an amazingly flat and comfortable relaxation space. The sleep space is defined by a silver parachute nylon sleeve, which will accommodate most any sleeping pad on the market. Using your sleeping pad in the Sky Bed provides thermal protection and helps to create the stunningly flat sleeping surface. The Sky Bed is made from super strong rip stop nylon, which is reinforced with webbing at all of the seams. Weighing in an only 23 oz and complete with 100 inches of 6mm climbing rope on each end, Sky Bed is the most comfortable portable camping hammock in the world.
• Dimensions: 4'5" x 10'10" 135 cm x 330cm
• Weight: 23 oz 660 grams
• Unique Asymmetrical Design Allows For An
• Amazingly Flat & Comfortable Sleeping Space
• Lay Back, Let Go & Relax In Complete Bliss Integrated Sleeve Designed To Fit Your
• 72" x 20" Inflatable or Foam Sleeping Pad
• Which Adds Both Rigidity & Insulation Ripstop Nylon Hammock Construction Provides
• Exception Strength While Parachute Nylon
• Silver Sleeve Accommodates Most Any Pad Built In Suspension System - 100" Per Side Of
• Super Strong 6 mm Climbing Rope
• Included For Easy Set Up On The Go Hammock Is Compact, Lightweight & Ready
• For Adventure - Travel Bag Is Permanently
• Attached & Doubles As a Handy Gear Pouch All Seams Reinforced With Nylon Webbing
• Machine Washable & Dryable
• Strength Tested - 350 lbs - 175 kg
• MSRP: $89.95
The new Base Layer is tough on the outside, simply beautiful on the inside... and you can really depend on it when it counts. It features a solid 316L steel case, 200M/660FT rating, dual layer “stencil” dial and unique “propeller” power indicator hand. Tough to beat.
• Case diameter with crown: 47.99mm
• Case diameter: 44.15mm
• Lug to Lug: 50.50mm
• Thickness: 10.78 mm
• Band Width / Entrecorne: 22.00mm
• Weight (including strap): .10 kg/.20 lb
• 377 Silver Oxide Cell (approx. 2-3 years)
• Solid 316L Stainless Steel, screw back, screw-down crown
• Heat-tempered, anti-glare, Mineral crystal
• MSRP: $95.00
Gramicci Embroidered Chloe Jacket
The Chloe Jacket has feminine accents of a gathered waistline and embroidered details, paired with a slight suggestion of a military flare. This high density Orphia stretch twill provides a great fit with superb durability. The peached surface provides an extraordinary soft feel. The touch of spandex adds comfort, mobility, and ease of movement. G-Natural washed for that perfectly imperfect Gramicci signature look.
• Boxy Fit: Roomy through the chest, waist and hip. Hem hits right below waist.
• Custom tonal embroidery at front shoulders.
• Hidden antique brass snaps at front closure, pockets, and epaulette.
• Spacious bellow front pockets.
• Styled yoke and pleat at back.
• Adjustable interior drawstring at waist.
• Interior collar and pockets lined in heritage floral fabric.
• Wash separately in cold water before wearing.
• 98% Cotton/2% Spandex
• MSRP: $95.00
Kelty Captain - Vintage Series Backpack
Grammar school students from the 70s and 80s will feel nostalgic for the Captain. A classic ‘book bag’ style backpack, the 1400 cubic inch Captain will easily handle anything from textbooks to client files to a change of clothes and more. With traditional styling, leather accents, authentic buckles and compression straps, this pack is perfect for a day on the trail or running around town. Updated organization blends with burly fabric from decades past for the perfect mix of convenience and style.
• Panel loading
• Padded shoulder straps
• Sternum Strap
• Front pocket
• Sunglass/ Media pocket
• Internal organizer
• Internal slab pocket
• Webbing waistbelt
• Leather lash tabs
• Top handle
• Vintage Kelty logo
• Key fob
• MSRP: $99.95
Piggyback Rider Basic Model
The Piggyback Rider is a mutually enjoyable, effortless way to carry a child (2½+ years) on your back. It functions like a backpack, utilizing a shoulder-mounted foot-bar to distribute the child’s weight at your core, enabling a more natural and upright walking posture. The child stands safely on the wide textured foot-bar, holding integrated shoulder handles and secured to the adult by a safety harness. Built from industry leading climbing components and over engineered for safety, the Piggyback Rider® is unlike any kid carrier you’ve ever seen.
• Compact, durable and light weight
• Streamlined unisex design
• One size, fully adjustable
• Supports a child up to 60 lbs, 2½+ years
• Smallest child carrier backpack ever
• Integrated comfort and safety features
• Four secure hand holds
• Safety harness tethered to carrier (not shown)
• Padded shoulder straps with sternum strap
• MSRP: $99.95
Helinox’s camp table is the perfect accessory for your camp kitchen. The superlight table weighs only 1lb 5oz and features lightweight, durable DAC poles that make it sturdy and stylish. Pack it into a convenient carrying case to easily bring anywhere.
• Weight - 1lb 5oz/ 600g
• Packed size – 16” x 4” x 4” /40 x 10 x 10cm
• Assembled Dimensions – 24”w x 16”d x 16”h / 60 x 40 x 40cm
• MSRP: $89.95
Bolle Emperor and Duchess Goggles
Now, with more skiers and boarders recognizing the advantages of an extra-wide field of vision and minimal distortion, Bollé is introducing two new models with spherical lenses, Emperor and Duchess. To keep weight to a minimum and the look sleek, Bollé’s design team opted for a minimalist frame size. The use of high quality, impact-resistant resins allows for a narrower form without compromising structural integrity. At less than 140 grams (5 ounces), Emperor is very light and Duchess – with a low profile frame – manages to shed a few more grams.
• Wide Field of View – A full 180° ensures unobstructed peripheral vision
• Equalizer Vent – Waterproof/breathable technology allows fog-dispersing, dual direction airflow, preventing moisture infiltration between sealed double lens
• Triple Density Foam - Ultra-soft fleece on the skin for comfort with progressively firmer foam layers for stability
• Forestay System (Duchess only) – Swiveling outrigger attachments optimize fit whether or not the user is wearing a helmet (
• P80+ Layer – An anti-fog layer embedded nto the inner lens disperses moisture
• MSRP: $79.00-$119.00 (I know that this is over $100 but there are options under $100.)