Spring is a great time to start getting into shape. This guide is full of products that help you recover quicker and go stronger. The first two products use technology to track progress of your workouts. There is not a better time to start getting into better shape than now. So check out this guide then make an action plan, so this summer you can go as hard as you would like.
Some of you might have seen the ALPHA from Mio, but the LINK has a sleeker wrist band featuring the same heart rate monitoring technology of the ALPHA at a more affordable price point, as well as its new GO app, which in addition to tracking and statistics, provides an interactive virtual training experience. Because it lacks a screen, it must be paired with a smartphone or other device. The LINK is truly a performance heart rate monitor in a wrist band that transmits continuous heart rate data to fitness apps and sport devices. Available in two sizes to fit a wide range of wrist sizes.
• BT4.0 and ANT+ transmission to mobile apps and sport devices
• Works with Mio GO fitness app (to be released in conjunction with Mio LINK)
• One button “Start/Stop” and “Sync” activation
• Tri-Colour LED indicates heart rate zones (set up by Mio GO App)
• LED charging status
• LiPoly battery (charged by USB charger)
• Water resistant to 30 meters (3ATM)
• MSRP: $99.00
Omegawave's portable ECG device
Omegawave's portable ECG device reads your heart's electrical activity and identifies before each workout whether you're fully recovered and capable of going hard without risking negative consequences. The device consists of a chest strap which wirelessly transmits your heart rate data to an app on your smartphone. That app then sends your stats to Omegawave computers which analyze the data and send back the results in an easy-to-read display telling you how your body has recovered from past workouts, and whether you're ready to train again or take it easy.
• Overall readiness assessment
• HRV analysis
• Differemtial ECG
• Training advice
• Training zones
• Graphs and Trends
• ECG Sensor strap – Bluetooth.
• MSRP: $129.00 for the sensor belt, and $4.90 monthly or $49 yearly for a subscription to the app.
Dr. Cool Recovery-On-The-Go Wraps
After a long, bitter winter, it’s time to hit spring running, hiking, bicycling, or participating in any outdoor activity. Dr. Cool Recovery-On-The-Go wraps will help you ease into spring sports. It is the first wrap to combine ice and compression in one flexible wrap and provides on-the-go relief so consumers may stay active. The chemical-free wrap is available in three sizes, a variety of colors and needs just twenty minutes in the freezer to reach optimum temperature. Wicking, moisture circulation and regulated evaporation properties work to reduce the fabric’s surface temperature up to 30 percent.
• Small: 3 inch x 25, MSRP $24.99 - ankle, wrist, hand, elbow, foot, calf, arm
• Medium: 4 inch x 50, MSRP $29.99 - ankle, elbow, knee, shoulder, thigh, calf, arm
• Large: 6 inch x 50, MSRP $34.99 - back, hips, chest, torso
Dynamic Tape is a unique athletic tape that gives you the ability move through full range of motion without limitation, but with strong biomechanical assistance. The tape can strongly assist or resist movement, facilitate or inhibit and offload tissue through full range of motion. In addition, the highly elastic nature and four way stretch is what make the tape different from other tapes on the market. The four way stretch design makes it possible for someone to get the full effect when taping multi-joint muscles or movements.
• Unique Fabric
• Highly Elastic
• 4 Way Stretch
• Strongly Assistive
• Water Resistant
• No Limits
• Two widths -2" or 3"
• MSRP: $15.00
Rock Sauce is the most powerful topical lotion for isolated muscle pain and joint soreness on the planet. If you've used BioFreeze, Ben Gay, PowerFlex or China Gel, you know how great these pain relievers can be. Rocktape challenged its scientists to create the ultimate pain reliever, something so powerful that you could feel it 30 feet away. Rock Sauce is powerful. How powerful? Try 20% Methyl Salicylate, 10% Menthol and .002% Capsaicin. To be clear, Rock Sauce isn't for everyone. It will make your eyes water and muscles sing. No prescription needed. It works as a stand-alone pain reliever, but can also be used in conjunction with Rocktape's athletic tapes as a skin prep and pain reliever.
• Isolated muscle pain and joint soreness
• Graston or A.R.T use
• Skin cleaning for the application of Rocktape
• Pre-workout warm ups
• MSRP: $19.95 (4 oz. bottle)
Helly Hansen Feather Jacket
The Feather Jacket is an extremely lightweight hood wind jacket that has its own self-storing pocket so it's easy to carry on a run or to the gym. The lightweight fabric provides the right amount of protection and the hood construction adds style and attitude. The elastic cuffs add comfort and the back pocket holds all essentials.
• Lightweight main fabric
• Packable pocket
• Hood construction
• Back venting ports
• Reflective details
• Weight: 3.8 oz, men's large
• MSRP: $90.00
Swiftwick’s newest sock line, SUSTAIN showcases the company’s commitment to the Earth. It is created from REPREVE post-industrial recycled nylon, by using REPREVE in this sock, they cut energy use, water consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. Swiftwick refuses to use chemicals to wick away moisture and does not dye the threads to make the socks.
• No seams at all
• REPREVE Postindustrial nylon tow, heel and cuff
• Arch Support
• Double density weave footbed
• Y-heel contour
• Thin, channeled upper
• Half density weave
• Swiftwick's signature double welt compression cuff
• MSRP: $12.99-$16.99
Gibbon Slacklines Fitness Line
Whether you’re stringing up a slackline in the backyard for the family, or are using this innovative new sport as a cross-trainer, there’s no doubt that slacklining provides a highly effective workout that has become a favorite activity for a lot of people. Simply walking across the slackline is a great way to tone core and stabilizer muscles and training with slacklining is now made even easier with the Fitness Line. This new slackline is available as a traditional kit as well as part of the new Fitness Rack version of the popular Slackrack, and offers a full-body workout and resistance exercises for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced users.
• Adjustable felt pads wrap the line to cushion points of contact
• Exercise stretch band integrates with the slackline, providing additional exercise options
• Workout poster includes 18 exercises to get you started
• Low mounting height for safe handling
• Ratchet with safety lock for easy tensioning
• Includes instruction manual
• Specifications: Length: 49 ft (15m), Width: 2 in (50mm)
• Ratchet with safety lock
• Ratchet side length: 8 ft
• Reinforce loop slings
• MSRP: $79.99
Gaiam Thirsty Yoga Mat Towel
The Thirsty Yoga Mat Towel is designed specifically for heated yoga sessions to keep your mat's surface dry and you steady. This microfiber mat towel fits on top of a standard yoga mat, wicking away moisture and drying in half the time of a cotton towel. Also available in hand towel size for workout wipe-ups. Features:
• Ideal for heated yoga sessions
• Keeps your stance steady on your mat
• Super-absorbent microfiber dries in half the time of a cotton towel
• MSRP: $24.98
Moji 360 Mini Massager
The updated portable, handheld Moji 360 Mini Massager relieves tight sore muscles and rolls tension away using three different sized massage spheres. An adjustable clasp ensures a more flexible, contoured fit for your hand, giving easy access to sore muscles in hard-to-reach areas. The 360 Mini Massager is compact and flexible for simple transport and access in your pocket, bag or purse.
• Relaxes sore muscles
• Targets hard to reach areas
• Works on all sore muscles
• Super portable & easy to use
• Three sizes of massage spheres
• Adjustable clasp
• Easy to clean
• 1 Year Warranty
• MSRP: $29.95
FLEXR Sports Bottle
The FLEXR Sports water bottles are BPA free and are available in six completely different bottle designs, all under 30 oz. But the difference between this bottle from other water bottles you have used is the disposable liners for ultimate freshness. They are used by athletes of all levels, from professional triathletes to hobbyist runners; cyclists to swimmers to hikers. All bottles have a patented bite valve that makes it very easy to drink and the inner liner expands and collapses depending on the amount of fluid to eliminate almost all noise and sloshing.
• Ergonomic shape and feel allowing comfort for miles upon miles.
• Very flexible and squeezable, fitting your hand comfortably enabling you to get your water or favorite mix while on the go.
• Air space between liner and bottle act as an insulator to keep fluids cooler longer.
• Patented one way jet stream valve for accurate and precise flow.
• A single liner can be re-used multiple times, and a pack of 25 reusable liners can be purchased online for under $3.00.
• MSRP: $9.95-$10.95
PowerICE is designed to enhance performance in athletes by cooling the core body temperature while replenishing lost electrolytes and are now made with 100% all-natural ingredients. The company also has doubled the number of flavors in its lineup. Dietitians at hospitals are looking for ways to improve nutrition for patients, and frozen PowerICE bars with electrolytes are a preferred hydration alternative to high-sugar Popsicles® or plain ice chips. PowerICE embodies the ‘Frozen Electrolyte Theory’— the concept that recovery and hydration happens faster and in a frozen state.
• MSRP: Box of 6 - $5.99