We believe all fathers should be celebrated this time of year and we have gathered 30 of our favorite new pieces of gear for 2015 that will make any dad happy. We know that you can't buy love or happiness, but you can bring a great big smile to your dad and show him some appreciation.
Get dad these premium optics that are hand built and crafted to last. The Maven B-series optics feature ED (extra-low dispersion) glass for incredible visual acuity in low light and at any distance. Superior construction featuring lightweight magnesium frames and high performance, non-PVC rubber armor combine with milled aluminum accents to provide bombproof protection to the optical system. Through the company’s unique binocular builder you can choose from different frame sizes, magnification, body armor and details like focus wheels, strap connectors and labeling in a myriad of color options to craft optics that reflect your dad’s personality.
• MSRP: $500.00
MSR WindBoiler Personal Stove System
The MSR Windboiler Personal stove system is built for the dad that loves to backpack and is in need of a stove with superior all-weather performance. The WindBoiler system's radiant burner and enclosed design allow it to operate flawlessly in windy and cold weather. MSR created a personal system that offers easy usability, superior boil times, and unmatched efficiency in real-world conditions.
• Clear, BPA-free drinking and straining lid
• Insulated cozy with handle
• 1.0L pot with heat exchanger
• Secure connection with stove
• Ultra-efficient radiant burner
• Pressure regulator for consistent performance
• Folding canister stand
• Integrated full-size bowl (16 oz)
• MSRP: $129.95
Victorinox Inox Watch
Do you think of your dad every time someone mentions a Swiss Army knife? Or would you use words like authentic, robust or reliable to describe your dad? Then you will want to check out the INOX watch by Victorinox. Designed and built to withstand unusual levels of stress, it has passed a battery of 130 ruthless strength tests with flying colours, and is further reinforced with a removable bumper protector composed of nylon and silicone. INOX is a pledge of quality. Among this testing there are 30 exclusively designed tests to certify INOX as a timepiece “made to last”. INOX can, for example, withstand a 10-meter drop onto a concrete surface, have a 64-ton tank drive over it, and resists two hours in a washing machine as well as a sandstorm.
• Swiss Made
• Case Reinforced stainless steel (43mm)
• Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with triple anti-reflection treatment
• Water resistant to 200 meters (20 ATM / 660 feet)
• Removable black silicone and nylon bumper
• Screwed-on stainless-steel caseback
• Stamped indexes + luminescent hour and minute hands
• MSRP: $525.00
Hillsound Equipment’s Armadillo LT Gaiter
The Armadillo LT gaiter was created to meet your dad’s need for high-performance, affordable gaiters. The Armadillo LT is comprised of a waterproof/breathable upper made of Flexia three-layer fabric that is contour fitting and lightweight. The lower is a 1000D, high-density nylon, providing supreme protection from the elements. The Armadillo LT is a great choice for year-round hiking and snowshoeing.
• MSRP $49.00
Montane Alpine Stretch Pull-on
Dad will never leave the house to go hiking without packing this lightweight shell. Designed for the alpine environment this lightweight mountain softshell pull-on is made with Chameleon3 fabric that wicks hard, dries fast and has a four way stretch for dynamic body movement. Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift while a ‘Kite control’ split drawcord arrangement in the hem provides fine control front or rear adjustments. Soft microfleece beardguard around the chin and front collar provide extra comfort.
• ½ length YKK reverse coil front zip with internal wind-strip
• Mesh ventilated chest pocket with YKK reverse coil zip
• Low profile cuffs with grab tabs that can be pulled up forearms to aid cooling
• Weight 11.1 oz.
• MSRP $134.00
Therm-a-Rest Treo Chair
Your dad will be hard pressed to find a more comfortable chair that comes in such a small package. The patent-pending Treo Chair is ideal for basecamping comfort and travels easily, packing completely into its own tripod base. It assembles quickly and easily, delivering impressive, big-chair comfort anywhere he would want it.
• Strong, composite tripod base with non-skid feet
• Durable, 6,000-series aluminum poles
• Ultra-strong Dyneema sling sheds water and dries fast
• 13" seat height makes getting in and out easy
• Integrated elastic band secures package for easy transport
• Weight: 2 lb 6 oz
• Made with 91% nylon, 9% Dyneema
• Available in four colors: slate/lime, lime/slate, slate/sapphire, sapphire/slate
• MSRP: $99.95
GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Pint Set
These rugged, color-coded drinkware will serve your dad for years. The different colors helps prevent party mix-ups, while stacking for storage and maintaining their beauty for years. No more sending plastic cups to the landfill.
• 4 color pint glass set makes it easy to identify your drink
• Made of rugged Glacier Stainless steel.
• 15.9 fl. oz.
• MSRP: $29.95
Thule Sapling Child Carrier
Get your husband and baby back on the trail with the Thule’s Sapling child carrier. Your husband will be able to transport your precious cargo safely and comfortably. The fully adjustable back panel and hipbelt effortlessly transitions between parents with simple torso and hipbelt adjustments. Mesh pockets, hydration reservoir sleeve and two large zippered compartments store clothes, water, diapers, rain gear, and other essentials
• Keep essentials close at hand with two roomy zippered hipbelt pockets that store toys, snacks and gadgets
• Load stabilizer straps allow on-the-go adjustments to the backpack's center of gravity
• Deployable sunshade keeps your child cool and protected from the harsh sun
• Dual access loading allows you to load your child from the top or side of the carrier
• Removable stirrups let your little one rest their legs and readjust themselves on the trail
• Breathable back panel provides padding and support at critical contact points
• MSRP: $279.95
The Yepp Mini provides the dad the peace of mind and ultimate in safety and comfort for your child. The uniquely soft material, which is also used to make Crocs shoes, is not only very comfortable for the child, but it is also shock absorbent and water-resistant, making it easy to clean. The 5-point harness with soft shoulder pads and child-proof safety buckle keep the child safe and secure in the seat. The Yepp Mini is suitable for children from 9 months of age and able to sit up by themselves.
• From 9 months to around 3 years of age
• Up to 15 kg
• Comes standard with a 5-point harness
• Including soft shoulder pads
• Integrated lock
• Available in multiple colors
• MSRP: $159.95
Mountain Khakis Skiff shirt
The Mountain Khakis designers might sound a little bias on their site, but I bet your dad will love the Skiff shirt just as much as them. It has incredible 4-way stretch, is UPF 30+ (96% UV blockage), is super easy to care for, quick drying and breathable, and is durable. The collar flips up and snaps in place for added sun protection on the neck.
• Vented pockets, armhole and back yoke
• Roll-tab sleeves
• Two oversized chest pockets with button closure
• Drop tail hem
• UPF 30+
• Quick Dry, Wicking
• Collar Adjusts for Sun/Wind Protection on Neck
• 2-Button Cuff Adjustment
• 86% nylon/14% spandex.
• MSRP: $99.95
Toad&Co Boarding Pass Pant
Traveling can be a pain, uncomfortable and sometimes downright unpleasant. But dad can at least not have to worry about being uncomfortable in Toad&Co Boarding Pass Pant. These pants are made with Toad&Co Travel Twill, a soft, light and stretchy blend of cotton/poly/spandex that maintains its shape and character over the long haul. To avert evidence of dining disasters, the fabric is water, oil and stain resistant. There’s a stealth zip pocket to stash his phone and a gusseted crotch. The fabric has an excellent UPF 40+ sun protection rating and is from a bluesign system partner.
• Angled secure zipper pocket at wearer's right thigh
• Patched-on back pockets, one with envelope closure
• Gusseted crotch
• Oil- and water-repellent finished fabric
• Fabric from bluesign® system partner
• UPF rated excellent 40+
• 55% cotton / 42% poly / 3% spandex
• MSRP: $84.00
LOWA San Francisco
The LOWA San Francisco is the perfect shoe for the traveling dad that needs a shoe that is both lightweight and comfortable. Built with GORE-TEX SURROUND technology, the San Francisco is not only waterproof, but has unique temperature regulation with 360° breathability in the shoe.
• Nubuk leather
• GORE-TEX SURROUND technology
• PU Monowrap midsole
• Lowa Summer Travel outsole
• MSRP: $225.00
New Balance 890v5
Dad will love the responsive and lightweight ride that the New Balance 890v5 brings. The 890v5 remains an ideal choice for the neutral runner who wants to run fast or feel fast in an extremely lightweight package, without sacrificing durability, cushioning, or support. The new 890v5 continues to have an 8mm midsole offset , allowing runners to strike more mid-foot but allowing plenty of cushioning, just in case. A two-way stretch mesh upper with no-sew overlays and thin TPU film allows the foot to move comfortably through the gait cycle, while still wrapping it securely. A new neoprene stretch tongue ensures a comfortable lace up experience for each runner to get their exact fi t and feel.
• ABZORB crash pad cradles the heel area medially and laterally for additional stability
• Blown rubber outsole
• Breathable air mesh
• No-sew material application
• No-sew stretch mesh upper
• Ortholite Premium insole provides additional cushioning for arch support and durable comfort.
• REVlite midsole foam
• MSRP: $114.99
Salomon Speedcross 3
If speed is what your dad loves the Salomon Speedcross 3 might be the shoe for him. This shoe is light and fast and is ideal for trail races. Featuring a super precise fit and deep lugs, it provides the exceptional grip on muddy single track to old dirt jeep trails. The Quicklace system ensures a secure and customized fit, and will get dad out on the trail in no time.
• Lace Pocket provides easy storage for the Quick Fit lacing system
• Sensifit system works to cradle the foot providing a precise and secure fit.
• Anti-debris mesh keeps debris from being trapped between your foot and the footbed
• Mud guard protective material is all around the base of the shoe
• MSRP: $130.00
Helly Hansen Pace Block Jacket
Keep dad cozy in this high-performance jacket built for ambitious runners who don't let cold days keep them inside. The lightweight X-Cool quick dry fabric sheds the wind and rain so dad will stay comfortable and can run longer. Laser cut ventilation at the back and mesh ventilation under the arms makes sure dad doesn’t overheat during high intensity sessions.
• X-Cool quick dry fabric
• Windblock fabric
• Laser cut ventilation at back
• Quick dry mesh ventilation under arms
• 360 degree reflectivity
• Elastic waist band
• Chest key pocket
• Articulated arms for enhanced movement
• Mock neck
• HH® logo on chest
• YKK® quality zippers
• MSRP: $160.00
Lorpen Compression Calf Sleeves
Dad can pair his favorite running sock with these Compression Calf Sleeves to help reduce the calf muscle vibrations during exercise, allowing improved oxygen saturation to the blood to delay muscle fatigue and facilitating an improved recovery after exercise.
• MSRP: $30 (lightweight); $35 (midweight)
Nathan Mercury 2
Keep dad hydrated while out on his runs this summer with the new Mercury 2 Hydration Belt. It is comfortable, versatile, and a bounce-free 2-bottle belt that is an ideal road running companion for every level. The stretch mesh zip pocket is perfect to stash a phone, nutrition or keys while out on a run.
• Ergological neoprene and monofilament belt design offers soft, multi-directional stretch that eliminates bounce
• Two 10 oz / 300 mL Flasks with Push-Pull caps
• Perforated neoprene in center for breathability and comfort
• iPhone compatible stretch mesh zip pocket
• Reflective trims
• MSRP: $40.00
Fitmark Transporter Backpack
Does your dad travel, love the gym and work? If so, the Fitmark Transporter backpack is perfect for him. This bag includes a removable BOX SM, and its dual cool packs and 2 oversized 4-lock seal-tight meal containers. The backpack also includes a padded laptop sleeve, custom exterior sports bottle pocket, seat belt webbing, shield embossed metal zipper pulls throughout, and laundry bag.
• 2 Seal-Tight Meal Containers, BPA Free
• Fit-Tech™ compartment with soft-support panels to securely hold your 17" laptop
• Separate Kicks and laundry bag
• Fit-Form™ custom back panel for relaxed comfort and fit
• Fit-Hydrate™ pocket for your sports bottle
• 2 high quality Ice Packs (2 MED - TSA Approved)
• Fit-All™ Executive-class main compartment for all your needs
• Fit-Color™ custom exterior and interior with hand-selected colorway
• Fit-Phrase™ lined interior pocket print within special pockets to keep you inspired
• Fully adjustable, dual custom padded shoulder straps for a comfortable, relaxed fit
• Custom shield embossed metal zipper pulls
• Made with the highest grade polyester and nylon
• MSRP: $99.95
Metolius Gym Bag
The Metolius Gym Bag is a great way for dad to transport gear to the climbing gym or bouldering zone. With a 1,700 cu. In. (28L) capacity, dad can fit all of his gear in the bag and the front zip pocket with a cell phone carrier and a key clip will keep his non-climbing gear secure.
• Carries messenger-style with padded shoulder strap or by two top grab handles
• Front zip pocket with cell phone sleeve and key clip
• Weight: 15 oz. (425 g)
• Volume: 1,700 cu. In. (28 L)
• MSRP $29.95
Bulls Sharptail 29
No longer will dad need to perform a balancing act when stopping to grab something from his hydration backpack or making an adjustment during your ride. Thanks to the Sharptail 29's sloping top tube, standing on the ground over the bike feels comfortable and natural, especially if Dad is on the shorter side. The Shimano components allow for accurate gear changes, and the Tektro Draco hydraulic disc 2 offers superior braking power over the conventional V-brake system.
• MSRP $649
Outdoor Tech Buckshot Pro
Safety in the front, party in the back ... this little mullet just changed the game for cycling, camping and music loving dads. The Buckshot Pro is a portable rugged speaker with built-in mic for hands-free calls, a 2600mAh powerbank for charging, and a flashlight with three settings (torch, lamp and strobe). The rubber mount strap for attaching onto bike handlebars, strollers, or anything else with a similar profile is part of the deal.
• Passive bass port for bigger sound.
• Wireless connectivity to almost any Bluetooth device.
• Included bicycle handlebar mounbt accessory.
• IPX5 water resistant standard.
• Rugged, minimal design.
• Built-in microphone/speakerphone.
• Rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
• Play time: 10 hours.
• Wireless range: 32 feet.
• MSRP: $79.95
Orion 45 Cooler
If you have been looking to get your dad a premium cooler this year, you need to check out the coolers made by Orion. Striking a nice balance between portability and capacity, the Orion 45 is well suited for everything from day use to week long adventures. It’s sized for high portability, while still having the ability to carry common items like 2L bottles or case of cans. A great choice for outdoor enthusiasts, anglers, kayakers and hunters.
• Multi-color plastic blend exteriors
• YakAttack gear tracks allow for adding accessories without drilling
• Four aluminum tie down points at each corner that double as bottle openers
• Low-profile, camming latches that are hinging and snag-free
• Lockable via padlocks on the corners
• A grippy standing pad comes standard
• Strong, motorcycle-style carry handles
• MADE IN USA for quality craftsmanship and rugged construction
• Constructed with a rugged, roto-molded polyethylene shell and at least 2” of insulation for durable performance
• A solid thermoformed plastic tray inside the cooler allows for drainage but won’t let smaller items fall through
• A removable, Princeton-Tec AMP1 light, provides lighting inside the cooler at night or remove it for use around camp at night
• MSRP: $449.00
Hydro Flask 32 oz. Wide Mouth
If you are truly trying to impress your dad without spending a ton of money, look no further than a Hydro Flask. These bottles really work! With its double wall vacuum insulation, Hydro Flask will keep dad’s hots hot for up to 12 hours and his colds cold for up to 24. Available in fun colors and an assortment of sizes, Hydro Flask is sure to please. Not only does Hydro Flask save the earth one bottle at a time, but they believe that great flasks and great causes go hand in hand. Through their charitable arm, FivePercentBack.org they offer a giveback program that allows consumers to allocate a portion of their flask sales to a charity they choose.
• MSRP: $33.99
Greenlight Planet Sun King Pro
Help your dad keep all of his devices charged with solar light and phone charger. A 100 lumen power LED bulb burns for forty-five hours after a single charge. Fifteen times brighter than kerosene lanterns, the Pro model has dual USB ports capable of charging a phone while simultaneously powering an additional appliance or a second device. An ideal addition to any emergency kit, hunting camp or off-grid homestead, Sun King™ lanterns include a separate aluminum solar panel with a five-meter cord and a removable rigid metal stand for tabletop use. Additionally, the stand can be suspended from the wall, ceiling or used as a flashlight.
• MSRP: $49.99
Secur Products Solar Media Player
Anybody that has streamed music for any length of time knows that it can drain the battery life on a smartphone. Secur Products has created the Solar Media Player, a zippered speaker with a built in solar panel, to protect and charge dad’s phone in any outdoor situation without missing a beat. Dad can sSimply unzip the Solar Media Player, connect a phone or MP3 player, zip it closed and the Solar Media Player will simultaneously function as a speaker and solar phone charger. The Solar Media Player is rainproof, dust proof and shock proof. Once a smartphone or MP3 player is safely stowed inside, it will be protected from the elements and accidents.
• Stereo speakers and amplifier
• Rainproof, dustproof, shock proof smart phone case
• Solar powered power bank
• Power bank charges speakers as well as smart phones
• Includes USB and stereo connectors
• Works with most MP3 players and smart phones including the iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S5
• Includes carabiner for hanging
• MSRP of $49.99
The Izzy combines vegan leather, water based glue, the renewable properties of cork, and Therm-a-rest technology to create the perfect summer sandal that feels incredible under foot, and that dad can feel great about wearing. The Therm-a-rest sole increases air ventilation and the ridges allow water to exit quickly after being submerged, while the tread grips wet surfaces to avoid slipping.
• MSRP: $40.00
Vermont Smoke and Cure Bacon
Bacon? Probably didn’t think you would see this in an outdoor gift guide but we don’t know many dads that don’t like bacon. And the Cider brined, cob & maple smoked low-sodium bacon from Vermont Smoke and Cure is some good bacon. These little pigs are vegetarian fed and raised without antibiotics—ever.
• MSRP: $15.95 for two, 10oz. packages.
The New Primal Grass-Fed Beef & Turkey Jerky
If bacon isn’t your dads thing buty jerky is, check out The New Primal. Raised with respect, The New Primal’s mission is to inspire and empower people to change their relationship with food, by creating a new industry standard supporting sustainable and humane agriculture. The New Primal makes honest, inspired adventure products with real, pronounceable and recognizable ingredients. All The New Primal meat snacks are made from free-range, 100% grass-fed, gluten free, Non-GMO, hormone and antibiotic-free beef and turkey.
• MSRP: $7.59
Chasing Rumor: A Season Fly Fishing Patagonia
This travel memoir follows Cameron Chambers' modern-day pilgrimage to the land of the 10-pound trout. What began as a trip focused on catching fish in a place rumored to be “the Montana of the 1940s” became a love affair with the Patagonian landscape, environment, and, mostly, the people.
• MSRP: $17.95
Your dad will be shocked for all the different things that he can use Überlube for. Überlube is a high performing, long-lasting lubricant that is used for a variety of activities and on the entire body. Ranging from anti-chafing during sports to anti-frizz for his hair, Überlube for sports training helps eliminate chafing and conditions skin during running. At the pool, it works as a chlorine block and hair conditioner by protecting the cuticle of the hair.
• MSRP: $18.00-$28.00