One thing to know about me is that I love seasons. By the end of summer I am ready for fall and can't wait til it starts to snow. Fall though, is one of my favorite seasons as the temperature start to cool off but going into the outdoors doesn't require a giant parka yet. Also with the fall colors, fall is a great time to get out to the mountains and go camping.
GSI Gourmet Kitchen Set 11
Do you love to cook when out camping but seem to always leave something at home? The Gourmet Kitchen Set 11 will help reduce this. The All-in-one 11 piece kitchen set has every utensil for any gourmet expedition. Pivoting tools rotate from stored to working position to maximize storage space. The waterproof shaker modules screw together to keep spices dry and flavorful and the condiment bottles hold your favorite flavor enhancer. All this being stored in an attractive, ballistic nylon outer case keeps everything organized.
• 11 pieces
• Weight: 7.2 oz.
• Dimensions: 11.50" x 7.50" x 2.00"
• Collapsible Whisk
• Pivot Spoon
• Pivot Spatula
• 2 Condiment Containers
• Cutting Board
• Camp Towel
• Ballistic Nylon Case
• MSRP $39.95
The most technical model ever created by Selk’bag, the Patagon enables the wearer to have even greater freedom and mobility, thanks to the detachable bootie system. In addition, wearers will enjoy improved temperature ratings, thanks to a more technical construction, an improved shell material, and a new insulation technology, Krekran.
• Removable booties that zip off and allow the wearer to use their own footwear.
• Booties zip together and may be used as a pillow
• A more anatomical two-dimensional fit that greatly reduces dead air space and improves thermal performance as well as fit
• An upgraded insulation material, Krekran®, that achieves greater thermal efficiency
• Improved shell materials that are stronger, lighter and more thermally efficient
• A redesigned quick-release hand closure system that uses magnets for even faster hand exit and entry
• New Velcro straps that serve to ‘roll-up’ the Patagon’s sleeves, allowing the wearer to work with their hands, be it cooking, preparing a fire, playing a guitar or other activities
• Temp Rating: Comfort 44°F; Limit 35°F; Extreme 9°F (EN13537)
• Insulation: Synthetic
• Carry Weight: 4.0 lbs (M); 4.3lbs (L); 4.7lbs (XL)
• MSRP: $259.00
Peregrine Saker 20
Peregrine Saker sleeping bags offer quality materials and features at a great price. Ripstop nylon shell is DWR treated to keep moisture out and trap warmth inside. A soft nylon liner will keep you comfortable in a wide range of conditions. Continuous fiber Perefill® is durable, compressible and stays warm in extreme environments.
• Articulated foot box
• Neck baffle
• Zipper baffle
• Hood baffle
• Snag-free YKK zipper
• Internal mesh pocket for night time essentials
• Seam taped ripstop nylon stuff sack for weather protection
• Comfort Rating: 20° F
• Carry Weight: Regular 3 lbs. 9 oz. (1629g) Long 4 lbs. 2 oz. (1869g)
• Size: Regular 86"x 32"x 20", Long 92.5" x 34" x 22"
• Fill Type: Continuous Fiber Perefill® Synthetic
• MSRP: $89.95
Terra Nova Hoolie 2 tent
The Hoolie 2 tent offers a huge amount of space for its weight and pack-size. In addition to the space, the tunnel design also makes it quick and easy to pitch. The inner is attached to the flysheet, so the tent pitches "as one", and it has color-coded poles to help novice campers locate the poles in their sleeves. This 2 man tent includes plenty of ventilation, with vents under the hoods at each end (front vent can be adjusted). It uses reliable lightweight Superflex alloy poles and tried and tested Wild Country, high performance flysheet and groundsheet fabrics. Fully waterproof and taped fly and groundsheets provide great protection from the elements.
• External pole sleeves
• Superlex Alloy poles
• Zip covers
• Conensation Management
• Sleeps: 2
• Season: 3 season
• Free standing: No (tent requires guy lines to be pitched)
• Packed Weight: 5lb 1oz
• Number of Doors: 1
• Guylines: 6 x black reflective
• Inner Door: Half Mesh
• MSRP: $180.00
Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Dream
The NeoAir Dream is designed to be for those that love to sleep comfortably, especially when car camping. A little heavy for backpacking, unless you are one tough cookie and love hauling a little extra weight for comfort. The contour-hugging foam pillow top with plush microfleece shell upgrades your night under the stars, while the thick NeoAir mattress provides superior stability. The modular system packs up more compact than many standard mattresses, and its supple mattress core can be used separately for lighter-weight excursions. Pump sack and repair kit included.
• Luxury Comfort: Contour-hugging, open-cell foam pillow top with soft fleece cover and NeoAir™ mattress create 4 inches of luxury comfort.
• NeoAir™ Advantage: Patent-pending Triangular Core Matrix™ construction provides unmatched comfort and stability in a compact size.
• Modular: Removable cover is machine-washable; inner NeoAir™ mattress can be used separately.
• Pump Sack: Convenient stuff sack doubles as a pump for inflating the mattress.
• R-Value : 6.0
• Weight: 4 lbs 2 oz
• Width: 25 in
• Length: 77 in
• Thickness: 4 in
• Made in Seattle, USA
• MSRP: $199.95
Stio Basis Shirt
Stio was founded to inspire connection with the outdoors through beautiful, functional products, and has found a niche in the outdoor market. The Basis Shirt has been a favorite since its conception as a go-to piece of everyday wear, for both casual and adventurous pursuits. The shirt's Polartec Power Dry with wool fabric features a patented bi-component knit that provides the next-to-skin comfort and quick dry times of polyester on the inside, and the warmth and unique look and warmth of wool on the exterior. The tech-fashion performance of this piece with two buttoned chest pockets makes it one of the most versatile shirts on the market.
• Polartec® Power Dry® Bi-Component Knit, 74.5% Polyester 24.5% Wool, 240 g/m2
• Bi-component knit moves moisture away from the body and dries quickly
• Pinecone laser etched buttons at front placket, chest pockets and cuff
• Chest pockets with flap for classic styling
• Modified shirttail hem wears nicely both tucked in or left out
• Adjustable cuff allows for easy roll
• Embroidered Pinecone logo
• Made in North America
• MSRP: $115.00
Norrøna røldal warm1 Shirt
The røldal warm1 Shirt was developed with the ambition of blending serious mountain protection with a casual urban feel. The use of a special gridded Polartec Classic Micro fleece made this challenge possible. The røldal warm1 Shirt is a clean, soft and minimalistic fleece shirt, ideal for active freeriding and targeting the fashion-conscious freerider. The fleece thickness makes it perfect for higher intensity. One zip pocket, one snap pocket, clean small snaps in front, snap closure on the wrist and the collar can be folded up for weather protection around the neck. The product has good warmth to weight ratio and is very versatile.
• MSRP: $119.00
SOG Flashback Knife
New from SOG this autumn is what they are claiming to be the fastest assisted opening knife on the market. The Flashback is a snazzy looking 3.5" blade that's a perfect knife for just about any outdoor pursuit. Featuring AUS-8 steel in the blade, a locking safety and a reversible pocket clip, it is an ideal knife for everyday carry.
• Overall Length: 8"
• Weight: 3.70 oz.
• Blade Length: 3.5"
• Edge Type: Straight
• MSRP: $100
TerraLUX TT-5 Flashlight
The TT-5 might be a little over-kill for some but having a reliable light while out camping is essential. This tactical LED light has four different stages of brightness; High, Medium, Low and Strobe. Since the TT-5 has a tempered glass lens, rest assured you will be getting the very best view straight ahead as long as 170 meters. The TT-5 can survive the most rugged and tough environments. The LED flashlight is CNC machined 6061 aluminum, type III hard anodize. However, if something were to happen, the TT-5 has a lifetime warranty.
• IPx8 water-proof for 4 hours at 2 meters depth
• Runtimes: High 2.7 hours / Med 7.3 hours /Low 295 hours
• Tempered glass lens with precision micro textured reflector
• Compatible with both 2 x CR123 and 1 x 18650 lithium batteries
• Multi-function dual switch tail-cap with direct strobe access for single hand operation
• Impact tested to 1.5 meters
• CNC machined 6061 aluminum, type III hard anodized
• Dimensions: length 5.83” x head 1.036” x body 1.0”
• Includes holster
• Removable threaded crenelated bezel
• Removable grip ring allows for multiple carry techniques
• Limited Lifetime Warranty
• MSRP $139.99
Zippo 4 in 1 Woodsman
The 4-in-1 Woodsman is one a versatile tools to carry in the field. It can handle nearly any job as it can chop, saw, hammer and pull stakes. The Woodsman’s chameleon-like functionalities are due in no small part to its high-performance, engineered design, wrapped around a full steel shaft. A 15 inch blade, held tight by a locking cam and tension compensator, can saw wood up to four inches in diameter, and when not in use, the blade can be safely stored within the Woodsman’s handle. Remove the hatchet safety sheath, which doubles as a comfortable, non-slip hand grip for the saw, to reveal a five-inch blade that makes chopping wood a breeze. Spin the Woodsman around to leverage the integrated mallet and stake puller to help set up or tear down camp quickly.
• MSRP: $79.95
Instafire Fire Starter
InstaFire is composed of recycled wood, inert minerals and shielded with a patented blend of paraffin makes InstaFire inherently safe. Unlike similar products, InstaFire does not contain any harmful chemicals or vapors, making it a perfect choice for people, food and the environment. It lights and burns in wind, rain, sleet or snow. It is great to start a fire when all you can find is wet firewood — at almost 1000°, InstaFire quickly dries out wet wood.
• Burns "green" — no harmful chemicals.
• Safely stores near food.
• Perfect substitute for wood, charcoal or propane.
• Lights in less than a second.
• Compact and lightweight.
• Easily fits and carries anywhere.
• MSRP: 10 pack - $15.95
Survival Straps Mossy Oak Paracord Bracelet
Featuring classic camouflage and several colors of paracord, the Mossy Oak® collection is designed to fit the lifestyle of the avid outdoorsmen. Each Survival Bracelet is made with super strong 550 military issue paracord. In a pinch or an emergency situation, Survival Straps bracelets can be unraveled and used as cordage for storing gear from a tree branch, fixing a broken binocular strap or even as a tourniquet.
• Contains up to 15’ of super strong, AUTHENTIC 550 test military spec paracord.
• If you use it in an emergency, They will replace it for free in exchange for your story and the rights to publish it.
• The stainless closure is a load bearing marine grade stainless steel shackle that adjusts on your wrist and is guaranteed to never rust or break.
• The nylon 6-6 closure contains no metal and is made of nylon. It is super tough, black and stealth. It also adjusts on your wrist
• MSRP: $29.99