Fall is coming to an end but we didn't want to leave out our climbing gear guide this fall. There are a lot of great new products to help you reach new heights as well as other to help you stay at the top of your game this winter. Winter is almost here and it will be time to pull out the ice climbing gear. So browse through this guide and find you some new gear, after all Christmas is almost here as well.
Gregory Alpinsto 50
The Gregory Alpinsto 50 is designed for professional mountaineers and serious athletes who demand exceptional performance from their gear in tough, alpine conditions. Built on Gregory’s brand new Fusion Flex™ suspension, the Alpinisto can comfortably carry up to 35 pounds. Features include a fully-stowable crampon pocket on the outside of the pack, constructed from durable TPU to protect from sharp crampon points; an ice tool attachment system that is compatible with all modern tool head designs; and sled-pull attachment points that are integrated into the waist belt to create a stable pulling platform for big loads en route to basecamp. For even more versatility, the waist belt padding, frame sheet, stay and included bivy pad can be removed to reduce the packs weight by 35%, delivering a 2 pound “stripped” version of the pack for weight-conscious alpinists.. Images attached.
• Fusion Flex Suspension
• Stowable crampon pocket with TPU panel to protect contents from sharp points
• Dual ice axe attachment system compatible with all modern tool head designs
• Floating top pocket designed with occipital cutout for optimal helmet clearance
• Main pack body closure with single, anodized hook for maximum durability
• Removeable waist belt for simplicity and weight savings
• Hydration hose port with locking zipper
• Single wand pocket
• Side zip access to main body
• Dual ski slots
• Sled pull attachment points integrated into waistbelt
• Hi-visibility Alpine gold exterior color
• Bright interior color for easy visibility of gear
• Security pocket under lid with key fob
• Removeable bivy pad
• Rope Strap
• MSRP: $229.00
Montane Medusa 32
Lightweight packs do not have to compromise comfort. Pack comfort can lead you to go further and faster, ultimately enduring for longer in the mountains. The Medusa 32 is designed for mountain ascents and ultra-distance where weight is critical but comfort cannot be compromised. It features an innovative ‘Dual tool’ clean system which enables tools to be stored upright as well as upside down. RAPTOR TL fabric provides ultra-lightweight performance with robust strength and construction. This, combined with a superior and lightweight MONTANE® back comfort pad makes for a backpack that is ideal for a wide variety of outdoor pursuits, from climbing and cragging, to lightweight mountaineering, mixed ice climbing and ultra-distance events.
• Moulded MONTANE® ‘Comfort Back Pad’
• Waterproof shell friendly ‘Contact Mesh’ on the shoulder straps
• Dual Tool’ reversed clean technical ice axe and walking pole attachment system.
• Buddy pocket for front access whilst on the move
• Chest harness with left hand clip prevents bulky buckles over the sternum and increases comfort with its low profile
• Symmetrical single hand side compression pulls
• Body curve hip fins for strong comfort and stability when on the move
• Double tension waist harness for extra stability and pack weight equalisation
• Left hip gear loop for clipping whilst on the move
• Front central gear loop
• H²O top right tube opening and internal bladder storage inside
• Wide mouth central opening with ‘Cord Lord’ quick release mechanism
• Top load easy grab handle
• 360° ‘DUSK TILL DAWN’ head torch reflectivity at lower rear of pack in optimum position
• MSRP: $129
Arc’teryx Alpha SV Jacket
First appearing in 1998, the Alpha SV Jacket addressed the needs of climbers for exceptional weather protection without excess weight or compromised agility. Given the restless force behind all Arc’teryx products to achieve the best possible combination of materials, construction and design, the time has arrived to revisit a standard. Manufactured with a new GORE-TEX® face fabric five years in development, the new Alpha SV Jacket remains exceptionally durable, but is more supple and with a reduced chest circumference for efficient arm motion. Traditional bellowed crossover pockets, helmet compatible Storm Hood™ and removable HemLock™ inserts are standard features that have not changed: relevant, essential, simple.
• Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
• Laminated high-strength hanger loop
• GORE-TEX® three-layer construction
• Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
• Tiny GORE® seam tape (13 mm)
• DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
• One-hand adjustable drawcords
• Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
• Articulated elbows
• WaterTight™ external zippers
• Pit zippers for easy venting
• MSRP: $625.00
Patagonia Piton Hybrid Hoody
New for Fall 2012, Patagonia introduces the new Piton Hybrid hoody. Made with Polartec Wind Pro and Hardface technology, this piece will provide you with three times more wind protection than traditional fleece, with increased abrasion resistance. Spanning the space between midlayer and shell this is truly a technical fleece for alpine climbing. By using a hybrid of materials Patagonia was able to create a flexible body-mapped design that lets you wear the jacket as a moderate-conditions outer layer until it’s time to don a full-on shell. Designed with a stretchy, snug-fitting balaclava-style hood, zippered chest pocket and shoulders without seams for comfort under a pack.
• Polartec Wind Pro with Hardface Technology and a Deluge® DWR
• Polartec Power Dry fabric provides superior stretch, warmth and moisture management i
• Warm, brushed-fleece interior moves moisture quickly to the fabric face
• Snug-fitting balaclava-style hood stretches and moves with you
• Microfleece at back of neck, chin guard, cuffs and hem
• One zippered chest pocket
• Shoulder seams eliminated for pack-wearing comfort
• Recycled Polyester - We recycle used soda bottles, unusable second quality fabrics and worn out garments into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
• MSRP: $179.00
Gramicci Hemp Organic Rockaway Hoodie
Finding a hoodie that is comfortable yet performs great is sometime are to do. Gramicci has taken great pride in their NPT series of clothing for being just that. The Rockaway Hoodie is a great piece to keep you warm this fall in your outdoor adventures. Made with Ananda, which is a blend of hemp and certified organic cotton; both are grown pesticide and herbicide free. Hemp is the most durable natural yarn in the world. Antimicrobial, hemp also naturally eliminates odor.
• 55% Hemp. 45% Organic Cotton
• Fit: Classic Comfort
• Raglan sleeve
• Rib banding
• Exclusive "G" Patch and zipper pull
• Dyed with low environmental impact dye
• Zip up hoodie with draw cord, 2 kangaroo front pockets
• Wash separately in cold water before wearing
• MSRP: $65.00
The Inti offers maximum technical performance coupled with ease of use, comfort and an extraordinary response under the most demanding conditions. The Inti is a high performance climbing shoe that amazes for its extraordinary response to the foot’s biomechanical needs under the stresses of difficult climbing. The Inti employs an asymmetrical last to put your toes at an ideal attacking angle to generate high forces in the shoe’s “sweet spot,” while maintaining ultimate sensitivity to the rock. But the best thing about the Inti is the “soul” – an SXR Dynamics Technology sole that leads to better efficiently, precision, and comfort.
• MSRP: $130.00
La Sportiva Batura 2.0 GTX boot
Treat your feet to a little slice of heaven with the Batura 2.0 GTX by La Sportiva®. An awesome alpinist boot for winter mountaineering and ice climbing. It features two layer Gore® technology to keep your feet toasty warm and incredibly comfortable. The protective outer layer is made from a combination of CORDURA® fabric and Gore-Tex® technology to provide exceptional abrasion resistance and water repellency. The breathable inner layer wicks away moisture, offering both comfort and climate control. The boot also features low profile construction and a honeycomb carbon insole for enhanced climbing and rock edging performance.
• New 2-layer GORE technology for the ultimate cold weather protection and comfort
• PU midsole for soft resilient comfort when walking
• Asymmetrical waterproof durable zipper for excellent outer gaiter fit
• Super lightweight insulating honeycomb carbon midsole for rigidity
• MSRP: $650.00
Edelweiss Lithium 8.5mm Climbing rope
The Lithium is built with outstanding durability and weight for alpinism, ice and snow and on rock. For the big mountains choose the Supereverdry option for unparalleled performance in all conditions. At only 8.5mm, the Lithium is a certified half-‐rope. Edelweiss was the first climbing rope maker to apply a Supereverdry treatment to its fibers. The benefits of a Supereverdry treatment are: the ropes are lighter in wet conditions, dry quicker and don’t tend to stiffen due to freezing. The Supereverdry treatment is applied to all fibers in the core and the sheath. Comparative tests demonstrate the superiority of this treatment over competing methods of other manufacturers with respect to durability of the treatment as well as efficiency.
• Weight: 48g/m
• Impact force: 5.6kN
• UIAA falls:12
• E andUIAA Certified -‐ Half rope
• MSRP: $159.95 - $234.95
Adventure Medical Mountain Series Med kit
You never know when you will need to administer first aid, but being prepared to do so has never been easier. The Fundamentals kit is the popular choice for backcountry guides, medium-size groups on short outings, or small groups on extended trips. The extensive components selection includes supplies to treat a wide range of injuries, irrigate wounds, stabilize sprains and fractures, and manage illnesses. Featuring Easy Care(tm) organization, contents are organized by injury along with specific instructions enabling anyone to administer first aid quickly and confidently.
• Laerdal® CPR Face Shield for protected mouth-to-mouth resuscitation
• Irrigation syringe and wound closure strips to clean and close wounds.
• Water-resistant outer zipper and urethane inner windows with -20F/-28C cold-crack rating.
• A wide array of medications to treat pain, inflammation, and common allergies.
• Hospital-quality tools, including EMT Shears and precision forceps set the standard for backcountry medical care.
• SAM® Splint plus wide variety of wraps and bandages to immobilize fractures and provide support.
• Weight: 2 lbs 11 oz
• Size: 10.5" x 10.5" x 5.5"
• MSRP: $110.00
Sierra Designs Mountain Guide Tarp
Great for use as a kitchen, community shelter at basecamp, or a light weight option for group overnights, the Mountain Guide Tarp offers a roomy 109 square feet of interior space. Ideal for winter use, simply dig a snow pit and pitch the tent over top. A vent on the side allows you to put your stove outside while keeping warm and protected inside. Multiple guyout points and snow flaps keep this shelter standing tall in foul weather.
• PVC-free seam tape
• Snow flaps on fly
• Reflective door trim and/or guy outs
• External/internal pitch
• Hanging pockets
• Capacity: 4+
• Season: 4
• Trail Weight: 5 lbs 13 oz / 2.64 kg
• Packed Weight: 6 lbs 10 oz / 3.01 kg
• Interior Area: 109 ft2 / 10.13 m2
• Peak Height: 80 in. / 226 cm
• Number of doors: 1
• Number of poles: 1
• Pole Diameter: 16 mm
• MSRP: $299.95
Metolius Contact Training Board
If you live where the snow falls, climbing outside is hindered and indoor training begins. Metolius has done it again by building a great board to train on. The Contact Training Board is Metolius’s most deluxe, full-featured training board to date. Whether you're just learning and developing new found muscles or are the full-on power junkie looking for extra reserves. Time spent on a training board will directly correlate to success at the crag.
• CAD/CAM designed master for perfect symmetry
• Ergonomically curved for less joint stress and reduced injuries
• Huge indexed hold selection includes:
• 11 pockets to choose from (2, 3, 4 fingers - tips to 2nd joint)
• 4 central edges from shallow to deep
• Top mounted pull-up jugs, rounded and flat slopers
• Fine grained texture is skin-friendly
• Includes comprehensive mounting instructions, training guide and mounting hardware
• 32.5" x 11" x 2.625" (826 mm x 279 mm x 67 mm)
• Colors: assorted, black/white swirl, blue/blue swirl, green/green swirl
• MSRP: $95.00
So Ill Dermatology
So Ill returns to their roots with this set to bring you something fun. From happy to sad to uncertain, Dermatology has a face for every mood of your session. These comfy jugs are a great addition to any wall.
• Twenty Holds
• Inspired by Faces
• Weight = 9.75 lbs
• Ultra Bomber Urethane
• Hardware Included
• Price: $149.00
Cebe Ice 8000
The Cebe Ice 8000 sunglasses are an ideal choice for most outdoor enthusiasts. The lightweight, durable frames are are comfortable for wearing all day. One of the best features of these glasses are the side shields that fold down when needed and away when not. Th erubber ventilated nose pads make these glasses both comfortable and help them stay securely in place when your active.
• Sideshields fold shut inside the arm.
• Arms fold inwards for compact storage.
• Supple, grooved and ventilated nose pads.
• Elastic strap
• MSRP: $79.99 to $109.99
Climbing Technology Alpine UP Climbing belay and rappel device
The Alpine Up belay device has been developed especially for mountaineering. It can be used with twin, half or single ropes. There are three belay possibilities. The first is in Click Up mode. This is an assisted locking method primarily for sport climbing where the protection is more secure. The rope will be blocked in the event of a fall. The second belay mode is dynamic mode. This is advised when trad climbing or ice climbing to give a more dynamic belay to the leader. The rope will run free similar to a tube device. The third belay mode is guide mode. Where the device is attached directly to the anchor to bring up the follower.
• Weight: 160 grams
• Half or Twin Rope: Ø 7.7 ‐ 9.0mm
• Single Rope: 8.9 -‐ 10.5mm
• UIAA Certified
• MSRP: $99.95
Grivel Master Pro Belay and rappel device
A tube-style device for belaying a leader or up to two seconding climbers. Extra friction ‘V’ slots add more control and smoothness. In addition, the small tail is used as an aid to easily increase friction when desired. When belaying seconds up it can be used as an autoblocking belay directly from the anchor point. The Master Pro can also be rigged as an emergency ascender using the autoblock feature. Cooling Technology inner holes allow more airflow therefore less heat build and a lighter object.
• Weight: 89 grams
• MSRP: $24.95
The Trango SimpleSling is a light, strong, and effective way of racking your gear. It features a wide, form-fitting section for comfortable carrying without any bulky padding, and it doubles as an emergency sling with a 12kN rating. Available in 20” and 24” sizes, the SimpleSling is a versatile addition to any rack.
• Minimalist design for weight savings
• 70 g
• MSRP: $19.95
Cypher Vesta Quickdraw
The Vesta quickdraws come in two styles. Keylock on the bolt end and your choice of keylock bent gate or hooded-wire gate on the rope end. The Cypher Vesta is the all-around carabiner. From racking trad gear to the steepest projects the keylock Vesta provides snag free operation. Hooded wire gate Vesta biners open wide for ropes even in freezing conditions. Hot forged. The Vesta creams robustness with a hint of minimalist with its burley carabiners and slim “dog bone.” Longer lengths available to reduce rope drag and properly orient your carabiners to avoid bulges that may cause gate flutter. 6 Pack comes with locking Vesta carabiner.
• Weight Keylock 11cm: 94 grams
• Weight Mix 11cm: 90 grams
• MSRP: $13.95 - $89.95
The perfect slacklining solution for when the snowflakes start falling but your desire to slack still burns hot. This freestanding, portable structure comes equipped with a 12 ft. Gibbon line and is the ideal indoor slackline setup for the home, schools, gyms, health clubs and physical therapy offices.
• Dimensions: 10ft L x 1ft W x 1ft H
• Weight: 64 lbs.
• Material: Stainless Steel
• 12 ft Slackline included