Finding the right gear can always be a challenge and finding gear that is designed for women and not just pink can even be more of a challenge. We hope that you are as pleased with our selection as we are. First up is a climbing harness that is made for women who want to get out on the rock while they are pregnant. You have to check it out and let us know what you think about it.
The Mountain Mama by Mad Rock
The outdoor brand Mountain Mama and Mad Rock Climbing partnered to develop the world’s first harness for pregnant climbers. Called Mountain Mama by Mad Rock, the full-body adjustable harness was created with an eye for comfort and safety. The innovative molded padded leg loops are combined with an "X"‐Strap design at mid‐back that supports and cradles the torso with wide, flexible webbing. An open design through the midsection accommodates a growing belly without bunching or squeezing, while side webbing connects low and away from the chest to allow a full-‐range of arm motion. Fully adjustable shoulder straps and leg loops ensure a precise fit, and tie-‐in at the sternum keeps everything upright. Flexible equipment loops at the sides keep gear at easy reach.
• Full-body adjustable harness
• Innovative molded padded leg loops
• "X"-Strap design at mid-back that supports and cradles the torso
• Wide, flexible webbing
• Open design through the midsection accommodates a growing belly without bunching or squeezing
• Side webbing connects low and away from the chest to allow a full-range of arm motion
• MSRP: $120
Singing Rock Nara Harness
With its bullhorn shaped waist belt and longer belay loop, the Nara more naturally fits a woman’s physique. Its innovated lightweight construction of the waist belt and leg loops provides maximum support and comfort. The three Rock&Lock buckles at the waist and on the leg loops make that Nara a fully adjustable harness that can be put on and removed while still wearing boots, crampons, and even skis. The Rock&Lock buckles make it so that the harness can be quickly and safely adjusted without having to double-‐back. In wet or sweaty conditions, moisture is dissipated from the mesh material on the inside of the harness. The Nara features 4 braided gear loops with a load capacity of 5kg each. The 15kN belay loop is that of a different color from the rest of the harness to ensure proper tie-‐in and attachment while climbing. For added safety, the Nara harness has a fixed bridge between the leg loops in case of an improper tie-in.
• Bullhorn-shaped waist belt and longer belay loop to fit women´s physique
• Construction of the waist belt and leg loops provides maximum support and comfort when hanging in the harness
• 3 Rock&Lock buckles enable to put on the harness when wearing skis or crampons
• BMI adjusting system for perfect fit when changing the layers or weight
• Perforated EVA foam inside the waist belt and leg loops with holes 5mm in diameter increases the breathability of the harness
• Laced technical textile increasing the waist belt rigidity and abrasion resistance
• 4 braided gear loops with a load capacity 5 kg
• Rear haul loop with a load capacity 30 kg
• 2 slots for additional carabiner PORTER
• plastic buckle and sleeve for quick removing and adjustement of the rear elastic strapsColor: Pink Siz s: XS, S, M, L
• Weight: 381 g (13.44 oz) -‐ size M
• Buckles: 3
• Gear Loops: 4
• Haul Loop: 1
• MSRP: $54.95
Petzl Spirit Express
The Spirit Express quickdraw offers better clipping for sport climbing. Weighing less than 100 g, it is versatile and moves easily from the crag to long sport routes. It has a straight-gate SPIRIT carabiner on top and a bent-gate version on bottom. The top carabiner, equipped with the Keylock system and a special nose shape, facilitates clipping and unclipping the anchor. The second carabiner is equipped with STRING webbing protection to hold the carabiner in position and to facilitate clipping the rope. The ergonomic shape of the EXPRESS webbing offers excellent grip when working a route.
• H-shaped profile offers an improved strength/weight ratio
• Wider contact surfaces for better rope glide and reduced wear on the carabiner
• SPIRIT straight gate (upper part): facilitates clipping and unclipping, thanks to the Keylock system and the shape of its nose
• SPIRIT bent gate (lower part): facilitates clipping the rope, thanks to the Keylock system
• EXPRESS sewn sling:
• Ergonomic shape for excellent grip
• Lower end equipped with STRING to hold the carabiner in position and protect the webbing from wear
• Available in two lengths: 12 or 17 cm
• MSRP: $20.95 / $21.95
Mammut Smart Belay Package
The perfect combination for maximum safety: the Smart reliably locks the climbing rope even at low levels of force exerted by the user, while the safety gate prevents the Element Smart HMS from twisting in the belay loop of the climbing harness.
• Optimally suitable for Sports climbing, Gym Climbing
• MSRP: $42.95
Arc’teryx Miura climbing pack
You will be impressed by how easy it is to access the content of this pack. The full zip closure permits direct access to contents from the top or either side. The Miura can also be used as a rope bucket or opens completely flat, drawbridge style. Twin flat front pockets hold a guide book and daily essentials. Interior gear sling keeps protection handy and organized.
• Full zip closure so you can pinpoint gear without sorting through everything, configure it as a top access pack or use it as a side opening travel bag.
• Interior has a gear loop, hydration bladder and interior zippered compartment.
• The outside of the pack has two zippered front pockets, a single top pocket and bungee attachment system for extra gear or keeping things handy.
• Uses 840D nylon that has exceptional abrasion resistance.
• C2 (composite construction) suspension is a construction technology that uses fewer layers in a laminated back panel that is fused directly into the bag.
• MSRP: $229.00
Cypher Phelix Women
Designed for a lower volume foot and heel, the Phelix comes with a perforated toe-‐box and heel-‐cup designed for technical toe and heel-‐hooking. Not all feet are the same, for that reason the Phelix uses the cross-‐velcro system to provide a custom fit to the foot. Made of leather with an inside cotton lining. 4.2mm Enigma HP rubber provides a sticky sole to land any of those tiny foot jibs.
• Weight: 356 grams (Size 9 W)
• Last: VTC Vertical Compact Women's
• Upper: Synthetic
• Lining: Cotton
• Type: Cross Velcro
• Sole: 4.2mm Enigma HP
• MSRP: $99.95
La Sportiva Women’s Boulder X
La Sportiva tweaked the designs of proven technology from years past to produce the Boulder X. Additional padding underfoot for long approaches and uber sticky rubber add deluxe comfort and performance. The Vibram Idro-Grip compound stays sticky on every type of rock even when wet. The all leather uppers and sticky rubber toe rands offer durable protection. Ideal protection and performance built for the rigors and abuse of the mountains.
• Weight: 14.39 oz/ 408 g
• Constructed: Board Lasted
• Upper: Leather
• Lining: Mesh (back half and tongue only)
• Midsole: Micropore EVA
• Insole: 2mm Polyproylene/2mm La SpEVA
• Sole: Vibram® Idro-Grip V-Smear™ Impact Brake System™
• COLOR: Grey/ Sage
• MSRP: $105.00
Rock On Granite Bags
Rock On has created a new chalk bag series worthy of its namesake. These burly bags are made of strong fabric and have a solid ring keeping them open. They are best for climbers who prefer to have a more substantial bag behind them.
• 100% polyester outer with a TPU backing
• 5" diameter for ease of entry
• Removable Nylon belt & clip
• Fixed loops for connecting to harness without belt
• Hidden "Stash" pocket for key or valuables
• Loop for hold cleaner or other equipment
• Internal plastic ring keeps the bag open for easy access
• Cinch strap actually closes to lock chalk inside
• MSRP: $18.00
Outdoor Research Bewitched Tank
One of six new women’s tanks in the Outdoor Research line, the Bewitched tank is a trim-fit tank top developed with tons of input from Outdoor Research’s female rock-climbing athletes on how to make a cute, fun summer style that also works incredibly well on the rock or on the trail. The strap system on the back was developed with significant adjustment to yield a highly customizable fit, while the polyester/spandex fabric performs and offers a great next-to-skin feel, and moves with you during outdoor activities.
• 84% polyester, 16% spandex
• Supportive and Breathable Shoulder Straps
• Quick Drying
• Movement-Mirroring Stretch
• Graphic Treatment
• Built-In Shelf Bra
• Adjustable Shoulder Straps
• MSRP: $65.00
Rab Women Helix Capris
The Women's Helix Capri is a women's specific, lightweight, 3/4 length pant made in Matrix SWS fabric. The Helix is designed for climbing and mountain use in summer conditions. The Matrix SWS fabric is lightweight, quick drying and has a high wicking treatment.
• Matrix SWS fabric
• Double snap waist closure
• Belt loops
• YKK zipped fly
• 2 open hand warmer pockets
• 1 YKK zipped thigh pocket
• 2 open rear pockets
• Inside leg length 47cm/ 181⁄2inch (size 12)
• Comp: 93% nylon and 7% spandex
• UPF: 35
• MSRP: $70.00
North Face Women’s Verto Micro Hoodie
The North Face Women’s Verto Micro Hoodie is a lightweight, technical climbing jacket that combines the best of fabrics and down insulation. From the top down, the elastic bound hood has extra insulation in the neck that extends the comfort range. The baffled chest is packed with 800 fill down that is wrapped in a light and rugged Pertex nylon shell. The arms are a combination of wind shell and stretchy, more breathable underarm panels with FlashDry technology and accelerated drying time. It stuffs into its own alpine pocket for carrying and storage. The result is an extremely warm and compressible mountain jacket that delivers performance where it is needed.
• 800 fill goose down offers superior warmth yet remains extremely compressible
• Elastic-bound hood with extra insulation in the neck vastly extends comfort range
• Sleek hem and cuff construction reduces bulk and improves fit
• Stuffs into alpine-style pocket for easy use and stowage
• No-rise hem is slightly longer in the back
• Summit Series® Verto Climb Collection has a climbing-specific fit designed for vertical movement
• Summit Series® Collection is harness and pack-compatible
• Avg Weight: 9.1 oz (255 g)
• MSRP: $249.00
Prana Jasmine Knicker
The Jasmine is a performance knicker that can be worn around town running errands before you head to the hills. Stretch fabric and a gusseted inseam allow for a complete range of motion that's ideal for bouldering and longer ascents, while water resistance shrugs off puddles and surprise showers.
• Stretch, performance mini ripstop
• Pleat detail at knees
• Front slant pockets and back welt pockets
• Gusseted inseam
• Adjustable waist tab cinch and snap front
• Size 4 = 18.5" inseam
• 96% Nylon, 4% Spandex
• MSRP: $69.00