Finding that perfect gift for the adventure traveler in your life can be hard to do. We have gathered some of our favorite pieces of gear that will make any traveler feel like they are on Santa's good list. Just remember when looking for others, you might just find something you want as well.
Zootility Tools WildCard
We have to give props to the folks over at Zootility for this tool. We have been big fans of Zootility Tools from day one and the Wildcard is a great new addition and the perfect gift. It's minimalist, yet functional design is perfect for traveler, outdoor enthusiasts and Urban Scout's alike, and is made entirely in the USA. The WildCard is not TSA compliant with the blade, but one of the best features about this everyday carry is that if you forget you have it when heading to the airport, you can simple remove the blade. You will then be left with the main body and can simple order a new blade. If you have never heard of Zootility, you definitely need to check them out for the WildCard and their other great products.
• Replaceable blade
• Built-in screwdrivers
• Built-in pry-bar
• Built-in bottle opener
• Fits in your wallet
• Made in USA
• MSRP: $35.00
GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Microlite 500
The Glacier Stainless Microlite 500 might be the bottle that commuter in your life is looking for. Its sleek design and clean construction, will keep your beverages hot or cold for hours and hours. Perfect for commuting, training and base camping. Impossibly thin, 2mm walls are actually thinner than most single wall plastic bottles for an amazingly compact footprint that fits anywhere.
• Incredibly lightweight, vacuum-insulated bottle provides 8 hrs. heat and cold retention
• 18/8 stainless steel boasts unrivaled purity and durability.
• Push-button, flip top cap locks closed for transport and locks open for easy drinking.
• Locking, Push Button Lid, 500 ml Vacuum Bottle
• MSRP: $25.95
MiiR Wide Mouth
For that traveler that loves cold water. MiiR is introducing Wide Mouth Water Bottles for easy filling, drinking and cleaning. These BPA-free, medical grade stainless steel bottles feature Thermo 3D™ double wall vacuum insulation to keep contents cold for 24+ hours or hot up to 12 hours. The Perfect Seal Engineering prevents spills and the bottles don't sweat. They are available in 16 oz, 20 oz and 42 oz sizes.
• Double Wall Vacuum Insulation Technology
• Stays cold for 24+ hours and hot for up to 12 hours
• BPA Free
• Does not sweat
• Leak free design
• Ice cube compatible
• MSRP: $29.95-$44.95
Lander Cascade Powerbank
When on the road, having extra power is essential. The Lander Cascade is a series of universal power banks that come in 3 sizes to be able to keep that traveler going all day long. The smallest of these power banks is a 2600mAh that will give your phone a whole extra charge, while the largest size is 7800 mAh and can charge a phone 4 times.
• Smart Charge Technology
• LED Power Indicators
• Illumiweave reflective lanyard
• 2600 mAh / 1 amp output / 1x Full Charge
• MSRP: $34.99-64.99
Many people have used and love the LifeStraw personal filter for their filtering needs. The new LifeStraw Steel uses this same technology but comes in a food grade stainless steel. LifeStraw Steel is ideal for travel, hiking, backpacking, and camping. The 2-stage filtration process removes bacteria and protozoa and reduces organic chemical matter and chlorine. This holiday season upgrade your adventurers personal filter system.
• 9” (21 cm) long and 1 inch (3 cm) in diameter
• Replaceable activated carbon capsule
• Meets US EPA drinking water standards
• Requires no electrical power or batteries
• BPA free and contains no chemicals
• No aftertaste: LifeStraw doesn’t use iodine or iodinated resin chemicals
• Weight: 160 gr. (5.6 oz)
• MSRP: $54.95
For the traveler that travels all over the world, having a way to purify water is a must. The GRAYL Ultralight is the perfect solution that provides full-spectrum protection against pathogens (viruses, bacteria, and protozoa), particulates, chemicals and heavy metals. Simply add water, press the water through the filter and any world traveler will have drinkable water. Purifies drinking water in only 15 seconds (2 liters/minute).
• Removes 99.9999% of viruses (e.g. Hepatitis A, SARS, Rotavirus); 99.9999% of disease-causing bacteria (e.g. E. coli, Salmonella); and 99.999% of protozoan cysts (e.g. Giardia).
• Improves health, flavor, odor & clarity.
• Filters particulates (e.g. sediment, silt), many chemicals (e.g. chlorine, benzene) and heavy metals (e.g. lead, arsenic).
• Purifier lifespan. Replaceable cartridge effective for 300 uses (40 gal/150L).
• MSRP: $59.50
Magellan MiVue 420 DashCam
The MiVue 420 from Magellan is the ideal gift for anyone on the road, especially campers and other outdoor adventurists. The 1296p Ultra HD camera mounts to the vehicle’s windshield and records video and audio. The MiVue 420 DashCam is always recording what is happening outside your dashboard. It may seem that one product wouldn’t combine the factors of safety and accidental viral fame, but the perfect gift for your holiday gift guide does just that.
• 2.7-inch screen (16:9)
• Land Departure – Audio alert and icon appears when departing to the left or right of the current lane
• Front Collision Avoidance – Audio alert and icon appears when the driver is getting too close to the car ahead
• GPS Tracking - GPS coordinates, and time and date stamp
• Parking Mode and Camera Mode
• Storage up to 128GB
• Wide Angle Lens - 140-degree field of view
• Cruise Speed Alarm – Visual and audio alert
• MSRP: $179.99
Patagonia Black Hole Cubes
The Black Hole gear cubes are built for organizing and corralling your gear so you can find what you need inside a stuffed duffel bag, loaded backpack, or the cab of your truck. It is available in three sizes and four colors. Its clamshell design opens up to reveal your valuables inside. While the mesh zippered dividers make organizing your gear easy.
• Burly polyester ripstop with highly weatherproof TPU laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
• Main compartment is divided equally with zippered mesh pockets
• Exterior daisy chain for lashing on to packs or clipping in to duffel bags
• Large grab handle
• MSRP: $29.00-$49.00
Gobi Gear’s SegSac
Gobi Gear’s SegSac is an organizational stuff-sack that fits inside any backpack or duffel bag, allowing travelers or hikers for that matter, to find what they need quickly. This lightweight, incredibly durable sack is divided into four compartments allowing the traveler to effortlessly pack and keep track of their gear.
• 4 interior compartments
• Weight: 1.5 ounces
• Capacity: 15 Liters
• Measures 15" tall by 9" diameter
• Drawstring closure at top
• MSRP: $19.99
Mystery Ranch Mission Duffle
Does the traveler on your list need a tough yet functional bag for traveling? If so, the Mission Duffle might be what you are looking for. The Mission Duﬀels’ design is honed from Mystery Ranch’s expertise in organized carry. The horseshoe-shaped zippered access allows easy access to the guts of the duﬀel. Rugged TPU coated 1000D fabric provides functional water-resistance. The Mission Duffels come in 3 sizes and will quickly become a favorite travel companion.
• Backpack straps that tuck away into zippered compartment for streamlined carry
• Removable, adjustable shoulder strap with sliding pad
• 90 (Vol: 93L / 5675 cu-in, wt: 5.11 lb / 2.31kg), MSRP: $195.00
• 55 (Vol. 53L / 3235 cu-in, wt: 4.17 lb / 1.89 kg), MSRP: $165.00
• 40 (Vol: 38L /2320 cu-in, wt: 3.5 lb / 1.59 kg), MSRP: $130.00
Helly Hansen Ask Down Travel Coat
This jacket is the perfect gift for that business traveler in your life. The Ask Down Travel Coat is definitely a premium but I am sure that any traveler will find it as a go to when weather might be an issue when traveling. It is lightweight and easily compressible. The light down construction with the waterproof outerlayer makes this a true lightweight winter coat that's easy to carry. Fit to wear well over a suit or tailored jacket, you can travel in style and be prepared for cold and challenging weather wherever your destination might be.
• Fully taped fabrication
• European luxury 800FP goose down from Allied
• Flap entry hand pockets
• Inner zipped pocket
• MSRP: $800.00
The Mighty 5 Tour
This gift might just be for you or if you are looking to spoil that special someone in your life. The Might 5 Tour might just be the most luxurious way to experience Utah’s “Mighty 5” National Parks: Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon and Zion. The owner of the Mighty 5 Tour, Mike Coronella, has been guiding in Utah for over two decades and knows all the best places to visit, most elusive or breathtaking hikes and vistas, and he has booked all the best places to eat and stay along the route. There are two tours, the first is the Signature Tour and is a pampered ten-night, nine-day all-inclusive journey across southern Utah for active travelers. The second, is the Summer Tour, which is a pampered six-night, five-day all-inclusive journey across southern Utah with private guided visits in each of the Mighty 5. Both are limited to six participants and cost $7,800 and $5,200 respectively.