We are going to be starting this series of Father's Day Gear Guides with cycling gear. We had so much success with our Mother's Day Gear Guide that we decided that we would do a few different Father's Day guides to include a few more products. This way we can categories the guides better and not create one huge guide. So keep coming back to see what other gear your dad might just need, and if you are anything like me, maybe the gear you need as well.Axiom Corker DLX Mini Tool (pictured above)
Possibly the perfect fathers day gift; the Corker DLX will give your dad something extra, peace of mind. Never will he be stuck with a bottle he can’t open or a bike he can’t repair. This is a multi tool that can tackle almost any bicycle repair and ensure that he never gets too thirsty. Able to open beer bottles and wine bottles with ease, this antiqued brass superhero fits into any pocket and can even repair a broken chain if the need arises. Yes, there are few things it cannot do. And when dad gets to the end of his ride, he will be the envy of his riding buddies, because he will be the only one with a bottle opener that is also a multi tool. Happy Fathers Day!
• Antiqued brass-plated, chrome vanadium tool steel bits
• Antiqued brown-stained rosewood sides
• Burned logos
• Allen wrenches = 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8
• Torx wrench = T25
• Flat / Phillips screwdrivers
• Chain breaker
• Bottle opener
• Dimensions: 72 x 21.5 x 45mm (2.8 x 0.8 x 1.8" )
• Weight: 180g (6.3oz)
• MSRP: $24.99
DannyShane Cycling Jerseys – Tartan Race Collection
In a dramatic break from existing cycling jersey styling, the DannyShane Tartan Race Jerseys incorporate the rich design and deep colors of traditional plaids with the latest innovation in eco-friendly fabrics. Inspired by a rich European cycling heritage, each pattern is an authentic, original DannyShane design. The proprietary materials, milled specifically for this collection, feature a grid texture that enhances the artistic composition of each of these singularly unique patterns.
All DannyShane cycling jerseys are infused with bamboo white ash in every weave of fabric. This eco-friendly fiber provides natural moisture-wicking capabilities that will not irritate skin or rinse out like a chemical will. Bamboo also captures odor naturally, provides natural UV protection, offers ultra soft comfort and dries quickly. The DannyShane jersey fabric is made from 50% bamboo white ash. This makes DannyShane jerseys breathable, thermal regulating, soft and odor resistant. Other Features include:
• White, blue, black and gray tartan plaid design
• Invisible full-zip entry
• E-grip race toggle
• Ipod/communications back zip pocket
• 3 Taper-cut race pockets
• Waist gripper
• Mock race collar
• Ultra soft comfort
• Learn more or purchase at - http://www.dannyshane.com/tartan-performance-collection
Primal Wear EVO Corsa Bibs and Shorts(pictured)
The company's most sought after bib shorts is now also available as a short. The EVO Corsa features Primal's Italian made 230 gram super soft yet highly abrasion resistant Shield fabric with an E6 Carbon Premium antibacterial chamois. The Italian made chamois features Resistex® Anti-Static Carbon thread, airmesh inserts, and four different foam densities for comfort and shock absorption. The bibs use a race specific technical cut for a great aerodynamic fit and are available in Primal team graphics, black or any custom design. Shorts available in black only.
• Bib MSRP: $149.95
• Short MSRP: $135.00
Point6 Cycling Ultra Light Mini
This sock is designed with efficiency and fit in mind. No cushion results in minimal bulk and streamlined features for a performance fit.
• 100% compact spun merino wool next to skin
• no cushioning for performance fit
• size and style knit inside cuff
• achilles brace to keep sock in place
• mesh ventilation panels
• deep heel pocket for precise anatomical fit
• reinforced sole
• arch brace to support the foot
• ultra smooth, hand looped toe seam
• 58% merino wool, 39% nlyon, 3% spandex
• MSRP - $14.95
Chrome Industries’ redesigned KURSK Pro shoe
If your dad bikes everywhere the KURSK Pro shoe might be something he needs. The redesigned KURSK Pro shoe from Chrome Industries features INVISTA’s CORDURA brand fabric. The low profile style KURSK Pro is built with all of the detailed bike functionalities as the rest of the shoe line, but incorporates Pro extras such as clip-in compatibility, full length nylon shank plate and foot rocker.
Features:• 1,000 denier Cordura with back-padding
• 100% vulcanized construction
• Low profile design
• Compatibility with most clipless pedal systems
• Full-length nylon shank plate for added riding rigidity
• Built-in foot rocker for added walking ease and comfort
• Board lasted sole with Polyurethane slam pad to eliminate pedal hot spot
• Skid resistant contact rubber on the sole
• Durable rubber heel cup with reflective safety hit
• Lace garage so laces don’t get caught in your chainring
• Steel aglets to keep laces from fraying
• MSRP - $95
POC Trabec Race MTB helmet
Keep dad's head safe with a helmet from POC. If your dad is into mountain biking, you will want to check out the Trabec Race. The Trabec Race in-mold helmet for single track and enduro, is developed to provide the highest possible degree of protection without compromising functionality or performance. The construction is borrowed from how a skeleton is built for resistance and durability. The Aramid filament reinforced EPS core is tough and the outer PC shell is optimized with no seams at the most exposed areas. An aerodynamic channel system and 16 vent holes provides good ventilation. Compared to a traditional helmet, which sits on top rather than around your head, Trabec fits more like a skateboard helmet. The Trabec Race model has extra aramid reinforcements.
• Sizes: XS-S, M-L & XL-XXL.
• Price: Trabec Race - $179.00
• Colors: Black/White, Orange/White, White/Orange
• Price for Trabec: $149.00
• Colors: Green, Blue and Black
• Sizes: XS-S, M-L & XL-XXL.
Norco Indie 3
If you want a fast, tough ride that deflects all attention, the Indie 3 is Dad’s next bike! Matte paint and understated decals ﬂy under the radar while burly frames take the daily punishment. The Indie will keep you rolling fast and smooth across the urban landscape while enduring all weather conditions with fender mounts and disk brakes. Fathers’ Day is the perfect time to get back out on a bike and save at the pumps while getting in shape.
• Double Butted 6061 Alloy Frame
• Shimano 24sp drivetrain
• Tektro Mechanical Disk Brakes
• Allen Key locking wheels
• Sizes: 14.5”, 16”, 18”, 20”, 22”
• Weight: 28.5lbs
• MSRP: $505
Maya Cycle Bicycle Trailer
Take the weight off your Dad’s back with the new Maya Cycle bicycle trailer! Maya Cycle is so useful and convenient it will inspire every Dad to jump on his bike. Maya Cycle is a versatile single wheel bicycle trailer that easily converts into a wheelbarrow allowing you to wheel your cargo to its final destination, and its kickstand holds the bicycle and trailer upright for convenient parking and loading.
Maya Cycle's single wheel follows directly in-line with your bicycle tires and sustains a low center of gravity, maneuvering easily around sharp turns and corners, making your ride safe and easy when cycling on city streets and narrow bike trails. Now Dad can ride his bike, even with a lot of stuff. The people at Maya Cycle's were kind enough to give us a promo code for anyone that is interesting in buying the trailer. The promo code is BestDadEver.
• Fits: Most standard bicycle's with a 26 inch wheel, 700c or 29er's.
• Cargo Area (approximately): Length 0.48m x Width 0.38m x Height 0.31m
• Total Trailer Weight (minus the fork): 13 lbs (5.9 kg)
• Load Capacity: 66 lbs (30 kg)
• Bag Capacity: 60 Litres
• Wheel: 16 x 1.75" Nylon tire, steel hub, solid axle, aluminum rim
• Attachment: Maya Cycle adaptors or quick-release (QR)
• Accessories: Safety flag, reflector lights, elastic straps, BONUS FREE BAG
• Price: $199.00 with Fathers Day Promo Code: BestDadEver
• Website: https:/www.mayacycle.com
Axiom Kompress Air Pro 260
Designed to be awesome, the Kompress Air Pro 260 does the impossible; makes a bicycle tire pump look sexy. I know what you are thinking, but it is possible, more than that it is incredibly functional. Backed by a lifetime warranty and built to be fully serviceable this is the last floor pump you will ever need to buy. Dad will thank you.
• Heavy-duty 6063 T6 aluminum barrel and nickel-plated aluminum base for durable performance
• Nickel-plated alloy pump shaft
• Ideal for Road, Track, Kirin or mountain bike use
• Ergonomic dual compound handle for comfort
• 70mm (2¼") diameter oversized gauge is easy to read
• Adapt-Air® Plus universal head with bleed valve and alloy thumblock lever
• Bleed valve is ideal for use on tubeless tire
• Extra-long hose is 120cm (47") for ease of use
• Inflation needles included
• 260psi maximum pressure
• Weight: 1585g / 3.49lbs
• Height: 70cm / 27½"
• MSRP: $89.99
Unless your Dad bikes to every trailhead or race, he will need a bike rack to get his ride there. This is where the TieRod from RockyMounts comes in. The TieRod's form fitting mount with rubber coated stainless steel straps fits elliptical factory bars perfectly. It was bulit with a low profile and streamline aluminum head and tray. The fork mount is compatible with disc and standard brake systems. Also the tray holds skinny road tires and up to 2.7" mountain bike tires. Loading the bike is a breeze with the their quick release system. Optional security locks will lock the rack to the car, and bike to rack. This also comes in multiple colors: black, silver, blue, green, red, orange, yellow, pink and white.
• MSRP: $129.95
Timbuk2's Shift Pannier
Why commit to messenger or pannier when you can have it both ways? This super-durable, waterproof ballistic nylon pannier turns messenger bag in a snap, with tuck-away bike attachments and a 15" laptop pocket. This is perfect for any dad who needs a bag for the office but hates to carry it while riding.
• Everything you want out of a pannier, plus everything you love about a Timbuk2 messenger bag.
• Low profile stretch pocket that fits most 15" laptops.
• Anodized aluminum pannier clips attach easily to your bike and tuck away when not in use.
• Durable ballistic nylon exterior with a waterproof TPU liner.
• Water-tight flap construction to keep water out.
• Comes with a removable shoulder strap for an easy transition from riding to walking.
• Vista loop for "blinky" bike light attachment
• MSRP - $100
VelEau Hydration System from Showers Pass
Help dad stay hydrated with the new VelEau Hydration System. Showers Pass, a company best known for keeping water off of bike riders, has introduced a revolutionary new way to get water into bike riders. The VelEau 42 Bicycle Mounted Hydration System gets the water off the back like a backpack-style hydration system and makes drinking more convenient and safer than reaching for traditional frame-mounted water bottles.
The unique and innovative VelEau design fits securely under the saddle and employs two patentpending retractable reels that allow the rider to safely and easily access a hydration tube and bite valve.
The VelEau utilizes a specially shaped 42-ounce (1.25 liter) container – twice the capacity of a standard cycling water bottle – that fits inside a formed under-the-saddle bag. In addition to carrying the bottle, the VelEau bag also boasts a built-in tool bag with room for a spare tube, multi-tool, nutrition, etc.
Ideal for all types of cycling – mountain, road, triathlon, touring, commuting, and recreational cycling.• July 2011.
• MSRP is $80.
• www.veleau.com or http://www.showerspass.com/veleau