Fall can be a great time to get out and ride, but it can also be a time for unexpected storms. Being prepared with the right gear will make any ride more enjoyable. We found gear that will help you stay warm during chilly rides to gear that will get you to the store for some groceries. As well as a couple of pairs of glasses to keep your eyes protected from the sun and other elements while out riding.
CEBE Wild Sunglasses
The Wild glasses have an ultra-light (5.8 gram) frame but are extremely durable. Made from TR90 nylon, Cébé’s frames are also flexible and particularly comfortable for wearing all day long. The nylon used also offers shock resistance. The Wild come complete with 3 pairs of lenses to suit all weather conditions. Category 3 grey lenses for bright sunshine, yellow for cloudy weather and a clear pair for very low light conditions. Ventilated lenses have been specifically designed to optimize air circulation to minimize fogging.
• Ultra light frame (58g)
• Anti-fog vented lenses
• Interchangeable lenses
• Adjustable and anti-slip rubber nose pads
• Optical clip available
• MSRP: $49.99-$69.99
adidas Evil Eye Halfrim Pro S
Evil Eye – a name synonymous with innovation and functionality that has influenced the biking scene for more than ten years. For Tour de France riders, pro mountain bikers and amateur enthusiasts alike, Evil Eye stands for professional and uncompromising eyewear. The halfrim design features the durable yet flexible SPX™ material making the eyewear extremely lightweight - ideal for athletes seeking game-changing equipment. The special temple design enables the evil eye halfrim to fit under any hat or helmet and sit perfectly on the face. The eyewear can also be individually modified to ensure an ideal fit; the nose pads can be adjusted into two positions and the Tri-Fit™ temples into three positions.
• Decentered Vision Advantage™ PC Lens
• Quick-Change Lens System™
• Double-Snap Nose Bridge™
• Auto Fit
• Grip Systems
• Quick-Release Hinge™
• Ventilation System
• Helmet compatible
• MSRP: $230.00
ZOIC Highland Fleece Jersey
ZOIC Featherweight Fleece, is super soft to the touch and features a mini-windowpane pattern that channels away perspiration. When temps are in the 50s this lightweight fabric works exceptionally well on its own or with a thin base layer. As the mercury continues to drop, the slim fabric profile allows it to transition to a mid-layer without the bulk. The Highland Fleece Jersey is a half-zip fleece jersey that provides superior comfort and temperature control for riding on chilly days and nights.
• Fleece fabric has a soft hand inside and out.
• Micro-windowpane pattern channels moisture away from skin.
• 6” locking front zipper slides easy when it’s upright but stays put when it’s down
• 3/4” contrast collar
• Contrast stitching and sleeve panel for added style
• Left sleeve pocket with locking zipper and internal headphone cable slit
• ZOIC screen printed sleeve pocket
• 9” wide center rear pocket with E-Z-grip silicone pull and stay-put tabs
• Tagless neck label eliminates itching and irritation
• MSRP $65
ZOIC Eve Hoody
Eve Hoody is a women’s full-zip fleece hoody that provides essential warmth for fall riding and keys on fashion-friendly comfort with double layer cuffs for variable sleeve length and an extra wide waistband, making this any woman’s favorite layer for every day action.
• Accent color stitching around hood, reflective heat transfer on left arm
• Glide-Lock zipper pulls smoothly with the tab up, locks in place when down
• 2 zippered hand pockets secure your stash while riding
• Zip pocket on left sleeve for music gadget or energy gel
• Headphone cable slit in right hand pocket and left sleeve pocket
• Tagless neck label eliminates itching and irritation
• MSRP $80
Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Softshell WxB Shoe Cover
Offering incredible waterproof, breathable protection, this shoe cover is a necessary item in any cyclist's collection. Primaloft insulation makes for plenty of warmth minus any bulk. A two stage hook and loop closure provides a sleek fit and easy on and off. These covers will fit like a glove due to anatomic paneling for a performance fit while Kevlar road bottom spreads open for easy on and off while providing superior durability.
• P.R.O. Softshell WxB MTB Shoe Covers feature fully insulated, waterproof protection to keep you warm and dry in the most demanding weather conditions.
• P.R.O. Barrier WxB 2-Layer stretch fabric for superior waterproof, breathable protection
• Primaloft® insulation provides warmth without bulk
• Innovative power band secures front of shoe cover under toes
• Waterproof, fully taped internal seams
• Two stage hook and loop closure provides a sleek fit and easy on/off
• Anatomic paneling for a performance fit
• Kevlar® mountain bike bottom spreads open for easy on and off while providing superior durability
• For X-Alp compatibility, use shoe cover that is equivalent to your X-Alp shoe plus one shoe size
• Reflective elements for low-light visibility
• MSRP $100
IN December 45NORTH will release the Wölvhammer, a new SPD-compatible winter cycling boot with a unique two-piece construction. Built from six layers of advanced synthetic materials, the boot is designed to provide exceptional comfort in sub-freezing temperatures with a well-insulated inner boot protected by a durable, weather-resistant outer boot. Other advanced features of the Wölvhammer include an outer boot constructed from 1000-denier CORDURA® fabric, a waterproof breathable membrane, and an Action Leather mudguard from the toe to the heel. The inner boot is insulated with thermal insulation and lined with a combination of monster fur and synthetic fleece inside a warm and spacious toe box.
• Mid-Calf Height tallest of any SPD-compatible winter cycling boot for warmth and protection from the elements
• External Ankle Closure to dial in the fit and keep snow and cold out
• Velcro-Backed Zipper Flap protects YKK® water-resistant zipper from snow and moisture
• Gaiter Hook on the toe box allows for use |of additional knee-high gaiters in deep snow and extreme cold
• Cordura® Outer saves weight, dries fast and allows free ankle movement
• SPD Compatible Vibram® sole
• Action Leather mudguard for protection and resistance to slush, snow and salt
• Monster Fur-Lined ankle pipe for incredible warmth and softness
• Pull Tab on Heel of inner boot makes it easier to slip your foot in
• Simple Cinch-Lock Closure with replaceable laces for hassle-free maintenance and longevity
• Nylex® Fleece inside of gaiter wicks away moisture from inner boot and ankle
• 45North Aerogel Insoles block cold from the metal cleat interface
• 200g Thinsulate® on the inside of the inner boot
• $325 — available December 2012
Ultimate Direction Grind MTB pack
Hydration is obviously the number one function of any hydration pack and the Grind 12 and Grind 16 deliver with 96-ounce reservoirs linked up to HyperFlow bite valves for quick, easy fluid replacement. Insulated tubes keep beverages cool in summer and fight freezing in winter. A roomy main compartment combines with waistbelt pockets, internal organizer pockets, easy access exterior pockets, and dual pump sleeves to handle all the essentials from tubes and tools to snacks and extra apparel.
• 96oz / 2.8L reservoir included
• 3D AirMesh backpanel with molded framesheet for superior comfort and stability
• 3D AirMesh backpanel and shoulder straps for optimal ventilation
• Drain hole
• Molded HDPE framsheet
• Adjustable sternum strap
• AirMesh waistbelt
• Breathable shoulder straps
• Strap secure webbing control
• Adjustable reflective bungee system
• HyperFlow bite valve
• Rear light attachment loop
• Key hook
• All Ultimate Direction products are 100% BPA-Free
• Separate reservoir sleeve with hanger
• Quick access storage pockets on waistbelt
• Gel pockets on shoulder straps
• Internal security pocket tool organizer
• Map Sleeve
• Dual pump pockets
• $109 and $119.
The trail-ready TAMARACK is constructed with lightweight Cross Soft Nylon and Baby Rip-Stop-- offers quick accessibility to tools, spare tubes and layering. This full-featured design includes an external helmet holder and Hydrapak's premier 3-Liter Shape-Shift Reservoir for reliable slosh-control and easy cleaning. The new Tamarack has storage capacity for plenty of gear and essentials with a design emphasis on comfort, durability, function, and fit. The Tamarack features dedicated fleece lined multimedia pocket, E.V.A padded shoulder straps, and 360 degree reservoir insulation.
• Dedicated Zippered Reservoir Pocket on Back Panel
• Soft AirMesh Panel with Air Chairman Ventilation
• Dedicated Fleece Lined Electronics Pocket w/Cord Port
• Paded Shoulder Straps
• 360 Degree Reservoir Insulation
• Sliky Slider Sternum Strap
• Pump Sleeve in Main Pocket
• Hypalon Light Loop
• Removable Waist Belt
• MSRP: $109.99
BAIL Memories-Bern Basket
Make any fall bicycle ride stylish with new ear from BASIL, Europe's leader in stylish bicycle accessories. The BASIL, Memories-Bern Basket is available in yellow, mint, turquoise, pastel green and orange. Double hooks allow easy attachment without extra adapters and an integral nylon grip handle makes it easy to carry.
• Front bike basket,
• Steel, wire,
• Handle with nylon grip,
• Double handlebar hooks,
• Cut out for headlight
• MSRP: $34.00
Nutcase Beaver Fall Helmet:
Available in orange and black, the perfect fall color palette - the Beaver Fall helmet from Nutcase is a combination of safety, style and comfort. Certified CPSC for bicycle riding, Nutcase helmets now feature the anti-pinch, magnetic buckle for one-handed operation, and an adjustable spin dial allows for a perfect fit.
• Injection-molded ABS shell
• Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) protective inner foam for high impact protection
• 2 front intake vents
• 7 multiple top-mounted exhaust vents, and 2 rear exhaust vents
• Adjustable Spin Dial allows for perfect fit
• Three sets of removable low-density polyurethane foam insert liners for comfort & refined fit
• Anti-Pinch, Magnetic Buckle for easy, one-handed operation
• Reflective logos front, back & sides
• 1 Nutcase wrist band for letting your friends know that you "Love Your Brain"!
• Rust proof rivets with Nutcase helmet guy logo
• Soft fabric chin strap for maximum comfort
• Certified CPSC for Bicycle Riding
• MSRP: $60.00
Yepp Mini child bicycle seats
Designed to keep you toddler close and make it love its first rides with you. The Yepp Mini is a snug front seat suitable for carrying kids from 9 months old (who are able to sit up by themselves) to 3 years old (up to 33 lbs). It is very light and easy to use and gives your kid a full view of the road, while at the same time ensuring maximum safety and comfort. Our Yepp line is designed to grow with your kid, so once he/she becomes too big for the Mini, he/she can graduate to our roomier back seat, the Yepp Maxi.
• Suitable for carrying children up to a maximum weight of 33 lbs.
• Easily mounted on the bike’s handlebar stem using the adapter supplied. The stem must be made of steel and have a diameter of 0.8 to 1.1 inches (28 mm).
• Quick and simple to snap into place and detach. An additional integrated lock guarantees extra safety and guards against theft.
• 5-point harness with easy-to-use buckle and adjustable footrests with straps provide optimal protection.
• Soft shoulder pads are included for added comfort.
• MSRP: $159.99
Gazelle Miss Grace Urban Bicycle
Embrace the European cycle-chic look this fall by riding to work, to the farmers market and more... Introducing the Miss Grace Gazelle bicycle from original Dutch bicycle brand Royal Dutch Gazelle. The Miss Grace comes with a closed chain case for easy maintenance, seven speed gears, roller brakes, double kickstand, a hub dynamo and front drum brake. Timeless style in white, black or blue.
• Equipped with maintenance free 7 speed roller brakes
• A front rack and a beautiful whicker basket or crate is available as an accessory
• Equipped with integrated anti theft lock and a front and rear light
• Double kickstand for extra stability 3-speed with roller brake, hub dynamo and front drum brake
• Closed chain case, makes it easy to get around any time a day and provides low maintenance with smooth running 50 mm tires ensure optimum driving comfort
• Available in 7-speed in the color whispering blue, black and white. frame sizes: D49, 54, 59
• MSRP: $1,299.00
The new 60beat BLUE uses the latest Bluetooth technology built into the iPhone 5 and 4S to accurately transmit heart rate information directly to the iPhone. The BLUE heart monitor gives fitness enthusiasts and athletes affordable access to a new and better way to measure one of the most important aspects of personal fitness and wellness. The 60Beat BLUE transmits accurate, real time heart rate information using the new low power technology, which requires a fraction of the power of Classic Bluetooth. This means that the replaceable, compact battery in the 60Beat BLUE can last up two years (based on one hour of use per day). Compatible devices include the iPhone 5 and 4S, as well as the latest generation iPod Nano and iPad. With no additional equipment needed, using the BLUE heart monitor requires only the free 60beat Heart Rate Monitor App, or any of more than 20 popular fitness Apps including: MapMyRide, Endomondo, 60beat and Runtastic.
• Works directly with iPhone 4S - no dongle required
• Replaceable battery - lasts 2 years
• Digital Transmission over 20 meters - No crosstalk
• Works with several iPhone applications - check Apps section for details
• Total weight (housing and elastic strap) - 2 Ounces
• Chest belt has adjustable strap - fits most sizes
• MSRP: $49.99