Just because the temperature is starting to drop doesn't mean you have to put your bike away. For this fall gear guide we have search for some of the best new cycling gear for 2013. In the process we found a lot of gear that will make riding this fall a lot more enjoyable. We also found the sweet Küat Bottle Lock bike lock that is both simple and convenient. The best part is that we are giving one away to one lucky reader.
Küat Bottle Lock
Simply put, the Küat Bottle Lock is a simple and convenient bike lock. The Bottle Lock includes a 5 foot, 8mm cable that pulls out of the bottle and locks back into itself. You simply pull the cable out and wrap it around the bike and pole. When you are done you simple twist the top to coil the cable back inside. Also it comes with a compartment underneath that is great for storage of small items. The best part is that the whole thing fits perfectly into a water bottle cage. This is definitely perfect for those that ride their bikes everywhere.
• 5’ long internally coiled cable
• Cable is 8mm thick braided steel
• Comes with two keys
• Locks frame and both wheels
• Bonus compartment for storage of keys , cash , or other small items
The LWH Jacket is for both men and women and is a windproof, water-resistant, soft shell jacket with stretch, reflectivity and zip-off sleeves. Zip-off sleeves allow you to take temperature regulation into your own hands by converting this full-zip jacket into a vest. The updated fabric for 2013 increases the overall weather resistance of this soft-shell jacket while maintaining breathability during highly aerobic stages and uphill climbs. Stretch ventilation panels are treated with FlashDry laminate for advanced moisture management. Articulated sleeves and drop-tail hem provide full coverage when you're in the saddle and gripping the handle bars. Finished with reflective trim that increases your visibility while riding in low light.
The Trail Jersey is a nylon/spandex mix that transports moisture away from the skin keeping you dry and comfortable on rides this fall. The fabric is also breathable and is treated with Polygene which provides odor control protection. The best part is it feels a lot like cotton but preforms like a synthetic. You also will not stick out of the crowd if you are wearing this jersey around town after a ride.
ZOIC took the Black Market Convertible pants one step further this year by adding their Quattro fabric with a DWR to keep the rain off and the wind out. These pants are ready for cool morning rides but with zip-off legs, you will not overheat as the temperature starts to rise. A Fusion Gusset inseam provides adequate range of motion, while also eliminating seat hang-ups. Also the detachable RPL liner with ZO-Tech chamois wick moisture away and keeps you dry and comfortable.
• Fusion Gusset inseam provides superior range of motion and eliminates seat hang-ups
• Detachable RPL Essential Liner with ZO-Tech chamois pad
• Leg pockets that provide easy access while riding
• Microfiber sunglass wipe secured with elastic strap
• Locking zippers with logo tabs stay shut while you ride
• Button-up leg cuffs with reflective front and back panels for visibility on the road
• 11" inseam with shorts that fall just above the knee
The Freerider Vxi Elements is not only a great shoe for those that mountain bike but also great for those that ride daily. Five Ten has what they called “winterized” these these shoes so you can wear them regardless of the weather. This all-mountain shoe has a DWR treated synthetic upper that beads and repels water. Inside is a PUR foam insulation that wicks sweat but adds that touch of warmth needed to fight freezing temps. The outsole package is STEALTH MI6, a new STEALTH rubber with unprecedented shock absorption and grip.
• Built for the dedicated, everyday rider that doesn't fear a little weather.
• An all-mountain, weatherized MTB shoe.
• Synthetic uppers feature a DWR (Durable Water Resistant) treatment designed to repel water.
• Protective toe overlays.
• Padded collar and heel for added comfort.
• PUR foam insulation moves moisture away from the body, while supplying added warmth for chilly climates.
Thermal Conductive Glove - Screaming for attention in...screaming yellow, the Thermal Conductive Gloves are designed with special index and thumb materials that work with touch screen devices, so you don’t have to remove your gloves to access a new song or answer that important phone call. They provide optimal warmth and moisture transfer, along with numerous reflective elements to keep runners safe in low light visibility.
• P.R.O. Thermal fabric powered by Minerale™ provides optimal insulation, moisture transfer, dry time and odor–resistance
• Conductive synthetic leather on index and thumb works with touch screen devices
• Synthetic leather strategically placed in high–wear areas
The Tamland 2.0 is the higher-end of two bikes that make up Raleigh's all new gravel series. Designed with gravel specific geometry, this bike is ideal for gravel grinding and non-traditional adventure riding but also the perfect ride for your daily commute. The bikes have a longer wheelbase than a road bike, with longer chainstays and a slack head tube which is taller than traditional road bikes. The bikes have 50 mm rake on the steel fork, versus a 40-45mm offset on a road bike, which allows the bikes to move better on unpaved roads. The bottom bracket is lower than road bikes as well, which keeps the bicycle stable. In addition to a unique frame shape, the Tamlands offer mechanical dual-piston brakes, which allow the ride to not burn through brake pads as fast. Though significantly thinner than a mountain bike, the Tamland wheels are still 21.7mm, which allows the bike to remain stable over loose patches of dirt.
Big Shot Bikes, maker of design-your-own single speed bikes, is expanding its offerings to include customizable cruisers. The Big Shot Cruiser, with a starting price of $364, comes in two frame styles with a myriad of component color combinations as well as fender and rack add-ons for added versatility. Using the company’s online bike building tool, customers can first choose between a low and high bar frame style. Then, there are up to nine color options for the frame as well as the barefoot-friendly pedals, rims, tires, chain guard, grips, handlebar and saddle. Finally, users can add stainless steel front and rear fenders and Dutch-style cargo racks with wood inlays for a small additional charge. In all, there are over a million different combinations available.
• Aluminum alloy frame
• Three piece crank
• Fenders with stainless steel rigid mounts
• Dutch style cargo rack with wood inlays
• Optional solid wood crate for hauling your precious cargo
Fitmark Bags have really put some thought into their bags and the Velocity is no exception. Having a bag that can get your laptop and clothes back and forth to work is essential if you ride to work. The streamlined Velocity offers pockets to separate everything from your laptop and clothes to your cell phone and shades. It also features a sleek insulated liner pocket for your sports bottle.
• Fit-Tech compartment with soft-support panels to securely hold most 15" laptops
• Kicks and laundry oversized pocket with anti-microbial protection
• Fit-Hydrate pocket with insulated liner for your sports bottle
• Toiletries pouch with soft-touch classic lining
• Soft-lined, protected glasses pocket
• Curved zippered side utility pocket
• Fully adjustable, dual custom padded shoulder straps for a comfortable, relaxed fit
• Ergonomic and fully adjustable sternum strap for ultimate comfort
• Grab-and-go handle
• Highly polished, custom chromatic metal clips
• Soft lined pocket with categorized sections for your phone, keys and valuables
The Volt 13LR is a lightweight and streamlined hydration pack perfect for long rides with plenty of cargo. With access to the 100 oz. (3L) Antidote™ Lumbar Reservoir located behind the LV™ back panel, the Volt 13LR offers a seamless appearance without jeopardizing functionality. Both the Volt 13LR and Charge 10LR packs utilize lumbar reservoir compression for a customized fit throughout the ride. Designed for comfort and limited weight, the Volt 13LR is the perfect pack for light and fast full-day rides.
• Antidote™ 100 oz. (3L) Lumbar Reservoir with Quick Link™ System
• Hydration capacity: 100 oz. (3L) with the Antidote™ Lumbar Reservoir
• Weight: 1.19 lbs (no reservoir)
• Cargo capacity: 600 cu in (10L) plus 3L Antidote™ Reservoir
Whether you need to transport your laptop back and forth from work or just need some extra room when out shopping the Fremonster is designed with the urban commuter in mind. Throw it over your shoulder or use the simple clips to attach it to your rack. The front pocket is perfect for a U-lock, and the zippered flap design plus water-repellant fabrics provide an extra bit of resistance to the elements.
• Interior mesh pocket
• Key clip
• Laptop sleeve
• Neoprene strip that covers clips during off-bike use
• Removable shoulder strap (also tucks into front pocket)
• Rain cover
• Dimensions: 16 x 6 x 15 inches
• Volume: 850 cubic inches; 1,050 with flap extended
Developed on the roads of Gold Coast, Australia, RearViz is an innovation of Ray Crane. The patent pending RearViz mirror features a weather resistant, collapsible convex mirror, which mounts on either the forearm or upper arm for comfort and ease of visibility. A comfortable, adjustable armband keeps the mirror securely in place. Designed for the commuter, the athlete or the weekend adventurer, RearViz is portable, shatterproof and most of all, safe. Crane identified a need for a cycling rear view mirror that wouldn’t break/snap easily, eliminated vibration from the road, and features a good size mirror for clear vision. Ergonomically designed and adjustable to fit any arm size and arm positioning, RearViz allows a range of rear view angles and perspectives for the best possible view and the safest possible ride. The position of the mirror can be adjusted to almost any position through a secure, yet easy to use swivel. Arm-mounted positioning allows the user the widest range of rear vision on either side of the body. Also features an Identification Pouch inside the armband, which holds medical information and ‘In Case of Emergency’ details.
• Large Convex mirror for greater peripheral vision
• 5 year UV Resistant Plastic Materials
• Medical ID Tag in Identification Pouch
• High quality, adjustable neoprene armband for comfort
• Available in 2 armband lengths: short for forearm / long for upper arm
• Interchangeable disc insert available in 5 colors: Blue, green, purple, orange & black.
The Companion Bike Seat is a new bike accessory that lets you carry an adult passenger (up to 200lbs) on your bicycle. This gives you the ability to truly have a bike for your primary mode of transportation. Companion Bike Seats safely support passengers up to 200 lbs and install on a wide variety of different bikes and frame dimensions. The clearance from the hub to the bottom of the stash-box is just over 15 inches, so the bike seat will work with most 26-in and 27.5-in wheels, both multi-gear and fixed-gear bikes. Note that installation does require the ability to install bike pegs onto the rear hub of your bicycle (pegs are included with the bike seats).And there’s a locking stash-box compartment underneath the seat to hold your personal belongings too.
If you have never heard of Switch Vision you will definitely want to check them out. What makes them different than other sunglass makers are the magnetic interchangeable lenses. Embedded magnets make it quick and easy to swap in and out lenses. The Tenaya temples turn down and bend in behind the ear, to fit securely and comfortably, while distributing pressure across the entire length of the temple. The bridge is short to enable maximum airflow. The Peak lens provides excellent sun coverage for action sports.