This guide is full of products to get you out on the road in 2015. If you ride for fun or commute to work, we have found some great new pieces of gear. From a bike trailer to haul the kids to pannier are will keep your drinks cool. Also as spring can be wet we have found some pieces of clothing to help keep you dry this year.
Novara Buzz X
The Buzz X features a shock-absorbent fork that makes biking on tough roads easier. A lightweight yet strong aluminum frame with front suspension also lends to smooth ride, while a lockout option allows for more efficient riding on smooth surfaces. 27 smooth-shifting gears let you pedal easily on any terrain. For added safety, the Buzz X is equipped with new reflective graphics and a built-in bright rear light.
• Lightweight yet strong 6061 aluminum frame with front suspension
• SRAM X5 trigger shifters guide the X5 rear derailleur with snappy precision, and 27 smooth-shifting gears let you pedal easily on any terrain
• Tektro Gemini hydraulic disc brakes maintain consistent performance in all conditions
• Puncture-resistant 700 x 40c tires feature a wide, stable contact patch for confidence on and off pavement
• The Buzz X includes a Fizik clip-in rear light that attaches directly to the saddle
• MSRP: $799.00
Thule Chariot CX Carrier
The CX child carrier brings performance and flexibility to a child carrier, letting you do more than just use it for a bike trailer. With multiple attachments, the CX can be used when shopping as a stroller, jogging, biking, hiking and cross-country skiing. It features disc brakes, a five position reversible handlebar, five-point padded harness system and a deluxe padded seat. The adjustable suspension is easily adjusted for different weight loads to make the ride smoother for the child. Available as a single or double version.
• CAS™ Chariot Adjustable Suspension
• Click n’ Store™ brackets
• Complete mesh side panels with zip-off tinted PU side windows
• Hand lever activated rear disc brakes that moves from side to side
• Handlebar bag that doubles as a child’s backpack
• Ergonomic five position HeightRight handlebar with removable brake lever and ergonomic handgrips
• MSRP: $1099.95 - $1199.95
Bern Allston (men’s), and Melrose (women’s)
Both the Allston and the Melrose use Bern’s proprietary Zip Mold Plus foam. This form is a liquid-injected polyurethane foam that sits just under a PVC micro-shell and is engineered to be thin, has an incredibly strong strength-to-weight ratio, resulting in a 20% and 15% lighter shell repectfully. The Melrose is molded using a smaller shell size, offering a higher cut in the back to allow for a ponytail and aesthetically using softer lines that address women’s fashion cues. . Key comfort innovations include sixteen ergonomically placed vents for airflow and moisture control and integrated visors which have the ability to flip.
• Bern’s exclusive Zipmold
• Zipmold hard foam meets ASTM F 2040, CPSC and EN 1078 standards for bike and skate.
• MSRP: $89.99
SCOTT Sports Arx Plus MIPS
The new SCOTT Arx Plus helmet is a road helmet featuring the MIPS Brain Protection System, bringing an extra dimension of safety to road riders. SCOTT has taken lessons learned from their other top road helmets and have implemented them in this great all-rounder. The Arx Plus is designed for racers and enthusiasts alike. Strategically placed outer vents and the Micro Rotary Adjustment System II deliver unparalleled comfort.
• MIPS® Brain Protection System
• Optimized Venting
• PC In-Mold Construction
• MRAS2 Fit system
• Sizes S, M, L
• Weight 260g size M
• MSRP: $150.00
Bolle 6th Sense S
For 2015, Bollé has added a new model to it most popular 6th Sense, 6th Sense S, which has all of the features of its full-size namesake in a smaller overall package. With aerodynamic design and a number of innovative technologies, the 6th Sense S is a great cycling glass. Each of the five initial 6th Sense S styles are fitted with Bollé’s exclusive B-Clear lenses. Made with ultra-lightweight Trivex material, these lenses provide the possible combination of visual clarity, impact resistance and light weight for this type of application.
• Extra wide field of vision
• An engineered shape that channels air flow for better condensation management, a wraparound profile that is nearly seamless with the face
• Anti-fog coating
• Fully adjustable Thermogrip temple tips and nose pads
• Interchangeability allows lenses to be quickly and easily removed and replaced to match the tint to the conditions.
• MSRP: $189.99-$199.99
Performance Bicycle CHCB apparel line
Taking inspiration from the town of Chapel Hill (CH) where Performance Bicycle was founded in 1982, and its sister city of Carrboro (CB), CHCB is a line of clothing developed to ride the roads traveled most. Whether it’s to the grocery store, commuting to work, riding with kids to school, getting ice cream on a summer day, or heading beyond city limits to do some touring, they’re the clothes that connect cyclists to the towns and places where they live, work, and ride. The CHCB combine excellent cycling performance with contemporary, stylish design that looks and feels great on and off the bike.
The new CHCB line features both men’s and women’s jerseys and shorts in a variety of sizes, as well as socks. Blended merino fabric in the jerseys helps to wick away sweat and regulate body temperature, is naturally odor resistant and feels great against the skin. The CHCB shorts feature a relaxed fit with a comfortable four-way stretch that looks great and is designed to be worn alone, or with a pair of traditional Lycra® shorts underneath.
• MSRP: $12.99 to $99.99
Nau Cranky Jacket
Built for tough commutes and high intensity activities, the Cranky Jacket features a polyester knit face, nylon backing and a polyurethane film lamination for a three-layer weatherproof, breathable material. A DWR finish, sealed seems and four-way stretch further enhance performance. The Cranky Jacket comes equipped with an offset waterproof zipper and wind-flap to aid in weather protection. Other features include: a two-way adjustable hood that zips into the collar, die-cut underarm vents, Velcro cuff adjustments and an innovative drawcord hem that unsnaps to reveal a reflective panel.
• Three-layer, fully seam-sealed waterproof, breathable recycled polyester knit with four-way stretch for ultimate weather protection and mobility
• Hood with two-way drawcord zips into collar for adjustable fit
• One-handed hood adjustment for easy use on bike
• Offset waterproof front zipper with wind flap
• Two hand zip pockets with right side audio pocket, one left chest zip pocket and one back zip pocket
• Drawcord hem with rear snap-up reflective panel for bike visibility
• Underarm die-cut vents for ventilation
• Velcro cuff adjustments for a customized fit
• DWR for water repellency
• Weight: 14.6 oz.
• MSRP: $325.00
Showers Pass Metro Jacket
Spring can be wet and this spring has been no exception for most areas in the US. The Metro waterproof cycling jacket has cycling specific features that don’t interfere with life off the bike. High performance ArtexTM 2.5-layer material with double print is light-weight, waterproof and breathable. The Metro Jacket is ideal for longer training rides, daily commutes, and running errands around town when the weather might turn bad.
• ArtexTM Hardshell 2.5 fabric for waterproof-breathable performance without bulk
• Seam taped construction for maximum wind and waterproofness
• Reinforced shoulders protect fabric from backpack or messenger bag straps
• Asymmetrical front zipper reduces chafing at adam's apple
• 2-Way YKK wide tooth front zipper with storm flap
• Dual core vents and upper back “exhaust pipe” vent for airflow without billowing
• Articulated elbows and slightly dropped tail for better coverage in a riding position
• Exclusive airflow–regulating cuffs
• Reflective accents on back hem and left sleeve
• Specially designed back pockets with water resistant zippers, angled for accessibility on the bike
• Soft, moisture wicking lining at collar
• MSRP: $199.00
Makers & Riders 3-Season Commuter Weatherproof Jean
These pants were designed to be a weatherproof pant for city commutes both on and off the bike, but have so many more possibilities. They have a soft shell feel that makes for a new experience: no loud crunch noise or rigid feeling to this garment making our pieces exceptionally office-friendly and beer / wine garden appropriate. This pant was designed as a hybrid with traditional jean touch points and refined trouser elements.
• Slim fit however has more room in the thigh area
• 5-pocket design to safely store your mobile devices, debauchery, and cards
• Trouser style welts in rear with internal hand pockets
• Gull Wing Gusseted crotch for more freedom of movement
• Purpose Aggressive Gripper waistband for non-slipping performance
• Anti-Sprocket leg openings (7” inch openings)
• Deep pocket bags for safer storage
• MSRP: $169.00
DZR Shoes The Mechanic
When commuting or just riding around town it is nice to have a cycling shoe that look more like a casual sneaker than a racing shoe. The Mechanic is just that shoe. The natural rubber is sticky, durable and provides optimum grip on a variety of surfaces. While a full-length nylon mid-sole/shank designed with strategically mapped stiffness for a combination of power transfer while pedaling and flexibility for walking.
• Natural Gum Rubber
• Variable Flex Shank
• Vegan: Keeping animals happy, one shoe at a time.
• MSRP: $99.00
The Fenix BT20 is a professional bike light which employs a Dual Distance Beam System. The Dual Distance Beam system can simultaneously offer close-in visibility and long-range illumination reaching to more than 136 meters. One of the best features of this light is the ability to attach it to your handlebars or helmet. One button press for brightness selection, Intelligent Power Indicator: constant green (50% - 100% battery power remaining), constant red (50% - 20% battery power remaining, blinks red (less than 20% battery power remaining and IPX-6 water resistant design are a few of the other key features.
• Max 750 Lumens
• Dual-Distance Beam System
• Intelligent power indicator
• Broad floodlight: aspherical reflector design with a beam throw reaching deep to 750 meters
• Anti-glare design
• Aerodynamic Design: small wind resistance and instant heat dissipation
• Adjustable headlamp: can be rotated 360 degrees
• Intelligent memory circuit
• Four Output Levels plus Strobe: Low (100 Lumens) - 19hr 30min, Mid (300 Lumes) - 6hr 20min, High (450 Lumens) - 3hr 45min, Turbo (750 Lumens) - 1hr 50min, and Strobe (300 Lumens) - 14hrs
• MSRP: $116.00
Allen AL Series
Whether you're traveling for a century, weekend event or just commuting to work, the Allen AL series delivers all the benefits of a full features bicycle carrier while offering the smallest folding design on the market. The ultra-compact and lightweight 6061 aluminum construction features wide profile bottom foot pads to improve load distribution and protect vehicle finish as well as safe and secure individual tie-downs to protect your bikes. The patent pending 1 (AL01) or 2 (AL02) bike trunk carrier design fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans and SUVs for any bike travel adventure and folds up small enough to fit in a shoe box.
• Lightweight 6061 aluminum contruction
• Ultra-compact folded design
• Wide profile bottom foot pads offer improved load distribution and protects cars vehicles finish
• Added side straps for lateral stability
• Individual tie-downs securely secure and protect bicycles
• Comes fully assembled
• Includes carry bag
• MSRP: $59.99 - $119.00
I have been using the Henty Wingman for a couple years now and love it for commuting. Henty’s newest bag, the Tube, is a great all around bag for the active urbanite. The main compartment has welded seams to act like a dry bag. A second compartment allows you to transport your clean clothes separate from wet or dirty gear or shoes. The Tube rolls to ensure the contents are always tightly packed and secure while minimizing volume. The volume of the Tube is dynamic – it can be compressed to the size of a hydration pack (includes webbing points to secure hose) or maximized to its nameplate volume.
• Sealed seams to waterproof main compartment
• Large zip opening runs the full length of bag
• Minimal back contact reduces sweat
• Weather proof tablet/laptop pocket
• Weather proof accessories pocket
• Reflective strips for flare attention at night
• Multiple Webbing attachment points for bicycle light(s)
• YKK zips
• Compatible with hydration bladder
• Quick release buckle
• All sizes are within carry-on luggage requirements
• MSRP: $149.00
Blackburn Local Cooler Saddlebag Pannier
Blackburn's new Local Cooler Saddlebag Pannier is a cyclist's seamless transition to and from the home, grocery store, park, beach, and anywhere else with the help of insulated construction, you can transport chilled drinks and food in the most convenient way. With an integrated bottle opener, it's practically a mobile party perfect for any fun family outing or a lazy day at the beach with friends.
• Insulated construction keeps your beverages and food cool
• Integrated bottle opener
• Interior mesh pockets for utensils and supplies
• Interlock compatible
• When used with our Interlock racks, bags can be secured with a single key AND the contents can be safeguarded via our exclusive buckle system
• Compatible with all standard racks
• MSRP: $79.99
Panasonic, has introduced their latest innovation—the Panasonic HGS10 Open Ear Headphones. Crafted for users who want to listen to music while still being aware of what is going on around them, the open ear headphones are designed with soft, cushioning material to absorb vertical vibration. The RP-HGS10 headphones use conduction technology to transmit sound vibrations directly to the cochlea through the cheek bones. The unique, outside-the-ear design lets you enjoy music safely while having the ability to hear car horns, traffic and other sounds. The sides and back feature reflective strips for greater visibility and safety in low light and at night. When used indoors, surrounding sounds and voices can still be heard while listening to music.
• Open-ear headphones allow you to hear your surroundings while listening to music
• Bone conduction technology sends music from cheek bones to inner ear
• Use rain or shine – these open-ear headphones are water resistant against rain and sweat
• Bright, reflective headphone design provides added visibility at night
• MSRP: $79.99
AerGun X-1000 Bike Pump
The X-1000 is an affordable pump designed to help you accurately fill bike tires: mountain bike tires, cruiser bikes, hybrids, cross country and especially high pressure road bike tires. The advanced AerTight pump head automatically adjusts to easily accommodate both Presta and Schrader Valves. No more fidgeting, adjusting or fixing the pump head. Just press the head onto the valve, lock the lever, and begin pumping. Take it off a Presta, and do the same on a Schrader… Instantly switch between Presta and Schrader.
• High Pressure capabilities, up to: 160 PSI
• Accurate Pressure Gauge
• 2 Year No Questions Asked Guarantee
• MSRP: $59.99