This summer if you are running on the road or through the woods, the following products could make your runs a little more enjoyable. We searched for some of the gear that has impressed us this year. The gear in this guide is definitely worth checking out to see if it will be a good fit for you. Throughout this guide we will indicate if the product comes in a male or female specific version. Hope this guide comes in handy while out looking for some new running gear.
The Reebok RealFlex has 76 independent sensors on the bottom of the shoe strategically positioned to twist, bend, expand, and support to help your feet move naturally. This shoe is designed to give a more natural running experience, while still providing protection from the elements. The RealFlex comes in both a women's and men's model.
• Mesh upper for support, comfort and breathability; offers ultimate in softness, pliability, durability
• RealFlex™ sole design - 76 individual sensors that allow for multi-directional flexibility and optimal foot feel through entire footstrike
• Low-profile, minimalist silhouette for low-to-ground feel and added mobility; form-fitting design and sock-like feel keeps shoe in contact with your foot
• 3D Ultralite outsole provides lightweight support while encouraging natural footstrike; PU sockliner for added cushioning
• MSRP: $90
Saucony ProGrid Peregrine
This trail blazing shoe is a must have for every trail runner. It’s minimal, low profile and has incredible responsiveness and traction on uneven surfaces. The Peregrine is built on the same foot-form as the Saucony Kinvara and features a 4mm heel drop. The multi-direction lugs provide a sticky grip, so you can focus and feel your way through any terrain.
• The trail blazing shoe that's a must-have for the outdoor runner
• Minimalist, low profile and incredible responsiveness on uneven surfaces
• Multi-directional lugs and sticky rubber for amazing traction and grip
• Weight: 9.1 oz
• Men's and Women's
• MSRP: $90.00
The Ultra is an innovative, dual density barely-there cage for the foot. Weighing in at just over 100g, the Ultra features elastic laces and molded eyelets - easy to pull on and pull tight for serious action. Ideal for light trail runs or watersports, and good looking enough to wear in the city - this diverse ultra-lightweight shoe redefines the minimalist running game.
• VB integrated 3D upper-outsole
• Fully moulded anatomically neutral running shoe
• Elastic cord and lock-lacing system - for a quick, secure and personalized fit
• VB zero-pitch performance last
• Removable plug-in mesh tongue and/or sock for puncture resistance and climate control
• Upper: EVA (Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate)
• Collar/Panel & Lining: Removable Nylon/Airpene/Neoprene Sock Lining
• Sole Thickness: 6 mm
• Weight w/o Insoles: 4 oz.
• Eco: 100% Vegan
• Men's and Women's
• MSRP: $90.00
Reebok ZigTech Short Sleeve Tee
ZigTech apparel is all about energy. ZigTech apparel is made with special fibers called Celliant, a collection of natural minerals that take energy emitted by the body and recycle it back into the body. This means oxygen levels increase an average of 7% and encourages increased blood circulation.
• 100% Polyester
• Men's and Women's
• MSRP: $40
Saucony's Interval 2-1 Short
The Interval 2-1 short is a little longer to give you a little more coverage as you run. An interior compression short holds to the body to give support, while the microdenier Ultrasilk shell is both lightweight and breathable.
• Microdenier Stretch Ultrasilk is light and breathable
• Lightweight interior compression short
• Zippered welt pocket at back right
• Reflective Saucony logo at front left
• 8" inseam
Salomon XT Wings II Running/Hiking Socks
The Salomon XT Wings sock provides 360* arch and ankle support, and seamless comfort. Knitted with NanoGlide, the sock has built in hydrophobic PTFE nano particles, which provide wicking through micro channels and increases fiber strength for extreme durability. NanoGlide performs for the life of the sock, it does not wash out. The ankle collar also features reflective yarn for low light conditions.
• Ankle Height: 1/2 Crew
• Cushioning: light+
• 14 Gauge 3D Knitting
• 160 Needle High thread count
• Anti Blister fibers
• Reinforce achilles area.
• Flat toe seam. L & R anatomic design.
• 58% Nylon, 39% NanoGlide, 2% Lycra, 1% Reflective Yarn
• MSRP: $17.99
Lorpen Tri-Layer Trail Light Sock
Ideal for all weather trail running, the Lorpen Trail Runner sock optimizes the benefits of trail running shoes and adapts perfectly to the foot to ensure that the skin stays dry and blister free. The first layer, closest to the skin, is made of Coolmax, a synthetic fiber that is designed to move moisture away from the skin. The second layer, or middle layer, is made of Tencel, a natural fiber able to hold significant amounts of moisture once it has passed through the Coolmax layer. The third layer, made of Nylon, is highly durable making the sock resilient and long lasting. The Lorpen Trail Runner is a “shorty” height sock to prevent trail debris from getting in the sock.
• Sizes: M, L, XL
• Cushion: Light Cushion
• Height: Short
• Contents: 36% Tencel®, 35% Coolmax®, 18% Nylon, 10% Lycra®, 1% Modal®
• MSRP: $10.99 – $12.99
FITS Light Runner Low
This lightweight low sock is cushioned only where you need it and will stay put. It delivers optimal performance and comfort while you pound the pavement! One of the features that set this sock apart from other is the deep heel pocket – it is shaped like your heel to lock the sock in place. These socks are built to last.
• Overall even FIT
• Sculpted Shape
• Deep Heel Pocket –Shaped like your heel to lock the sock in place.
• Engineered Toe Pocket – Allows room where you need it without bunching
• Highest quality materials ensure amazing feel, stretch, and recovery.
• Wool . . . . . . . . . .73%
• Nylon . . . . . . . . . 21%
• Polyester . . . . . . . 4%
• Lycra Spandex . . 2%
• MSRP: $15.99
Headsweats Dry Visibility Hat
New for spring 2011, this hat is designed to keep runners safe while out on early morning or evening runs. Smart design details such as the retro reflective stripe that runs from front to back and the retro reflective logo, reflects light back to its source increasing a runner's visibility to at least 300 feet.
• Headsweats Dry Visibility fabric: keeping you dry and comfortable during your workout
• Reflective stripe across bill and crown
• Reflective heat transfer logo on side toward the back of the hat
• Ultralite headband wrapped in COOLMAX® Fabric knit for a clean finish Hook and loop closure and ponytail friendly
• Machine washable
• MSRP: $24
BOB Sport Utility Stroller
The new 2011 Sport Utility Stroller broadens your trail-blazing horizons with a host of enhancements, including a more robust suspension system; an all-new accessory adapter; an ultra-padded, redesigned seat; a contemporary new look; and an adjustable five-point padded harness. Knobby tires and high-impact polymer composite wheels maximize traction, while a fixed front wheel provides increased stability for hiking, jogging or when the trail gets rough. And a durable, yet lightweight, easy-fold frame makes it easier to transport the Sport Utility Stroller to beaches, trails, gravel paths or wherever your adventure cravings lead.
• Fixed front wheel provides increased stability hiking, jogging or when the trail gets rough.
• Easy, two-step folding, lightweight frame for convenient transport and storage.
• State-of-the-art, adjustable suspension system provides an exceptionally smooth ride.
• Accessory Adapter allows for quick and easy attachment of BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter or Snack Tray.
• Five-point padded harness helps keep your child comfortably secure.
• Multi-position canopy adjusts for protection against the elements.
• High-impact polymer composite wheels with pneumatic knobby tires and tubes provide increased traction and toughness.
• A simple twist of the front wheel tracking adjustment knobs keep you rolling straight.
• Padded handlebar for comfort; wrist strap helps you secure stroller when strolling and provides handy fold lock when folded.
• MSRP: $379; Also available in the Duallie® two-seat model (MSRP: $519).
GU Performance Energy Sampler Pack
If you haven't yet tried GU and you are getting serious with your training, the Sampler Pack is a great start. Every ingredient within these products serves a critical purpose during exercise. The entire GU lineup is designed to work together so you can go longer and finish stronger in training and on race day. The Sampler contains at least one flavor of every product in the GU Energy lineup. In most cases you'll get a variety of flavors and always a sample of the new flavors. The Sampler includes details on each product and ideas for using them together to achieve your goals.
• 9 GU Original Gels
• 5 Roctane Gels 2 Chomps
• 2 Electrolyte Brew Packs
• 1 Recovery Pack
• 3 Individual Electrolyte Tablets
• MSRP: $23.99