Spring is a great time to start your training program. I know for me that it can be hard to get out in the winter, but when spring comes around it is like a new life. With longer days, added sunshine and warmer temperatures, running is quite enjoyable. We tried to find new products coming out this spring that will help you reach your peak performance. We just want to encourage you to get out while the temperatures are still pleasant and not in the 100s.
Patagonia Men’s Gamut Shirt
The new Gamut shirt features seamless construction with built-in mesh zones that are designed for long, chafe-free runs. Made from a polyester/spandex blend jersey, the Gamut shirt provides 25-UPF sun protection, is virtually seamless and utilizes body-mapping technology to provide an incredibly comfortable fit. Also the Gamut utilizes Gladiodor® odor control for the garment, and tag-free construction for itch-free comfort.
• Polyester jersey combined with mesh knit fabrics provide maximum breathability, chafe-free comfort and a great fit
• Shirt is tag-free for itch-free comfort
• 3.7-oz 95% polyester (75% recycled)/5% spandex seamless variable knit with 25-UPF sun protection and Gladiodor® odor control for the garment
• 110 g (3.9 oz)
• MSRP: $49.00
Pearl Izumi Fly Ultra Short
Made with P.R.O. Transfer fabric and a fully-integrated Float liner featuring Minerale technology, this short offers the ultimate in breathability and stretch comfort. Direct-Vent panels provide optimal ventilation and the elasticized waistband with flat-stretch drawcord for unrestricted breathing makes this short a runner's favorite. Two angled gel pockets secured to the liner for stability allow extra fuel storage for those long runs.
• P.R.O. Transfer fabric provides optimal moisture transfer and stretch with a superior hand feel
• Fully–integrated Float liner uses Transfer fabric with Minerale™ which provides optimal moisture transfer, faster dry time and odor absorption
• Direct–Vent panels provide optimal ventilation
• Elasticized waistband with flat–stretch drawcord for unrestricted breathing
• Two angled gel pockets secured to the liner for stability
• One zippered back pocket
• Reflective elements for low–light visibility
• 5” inseam (size medium)
• Technology: Minerale™
• Weight: 175 g/m2
• MSRP $65
Brooks Running PureFlow
Neutral to Guidance runners can experience a run for the senses without losing the comfort of dynamic cushioning. The PureFlow brings a little more shoe and a whole lot of technology to a slick aesthetic. With a wider Nav Band coming up the lateral side and grabbing the midsole, the foot receives arch support without the bulkiness of underfoot materials. A center strike pod provides guidance in finding the natural landing zone, and modern air mesh wraps the foot for an incredibly comfortable fit.
• Category: Guidance
• Weight: 8.7 oz
• Platform: Anatomical Last
• Construction: Stroebel
• BioMoGo DNA Midsole
• IDEAL Heel
• Toe Flex
• Nav Band
• Anatomical Last
• MSRP: $90.00
Icebreaker Women's Rush Crewe
Summer running is no sweat with the SS Rush Crewe. Icebreaker premium merino keeps you cool and dry while you're exercising in the heat, and the fit and feel of this style are designed to enhance your enjoyment of every run. Extra functional features include a back stash pocket, reflective piping to increase your visibility at dawn and dusk, and breathable eyelet panels in the sleeves and side to prevent clamminess.
• Eyelet for increased venting
• Wide, scoop neckline
• Cord management loop at center back neckline
• Raglan sleeves
• Reflective piping at right shoulder
• Back stash pocket
• Shaped hem
• Icebreaker logo, GT wordmark and pip label
• MSRP: $80
Skirt Sports Adventure Girl Skirt
The new Adventure Girl Skirt is made from super soft eco-friendly BoundlesS’Cafe™ fabric, which is created from recycled coffee grounds. Inherent qualities include excellent moisture management, odor control and UV protection 50+. This medium-length Skirt-Shorties combo boasts FIVE pockets – three on the Skirt, and two strategically placed on the Shorties to maintain a lean leg profile.
• Skirt length (Medium): 14.5”
• front | 16” back
• BoundlesS’Cafe™ fabric
• Three outer pockets on Skirt
• Open pocket on upper left side
• Zippered pocket in middle back secure keys and valuables
• Right side pocket with hidden secure zipper holds music player
• Sonic Music Port under waistband works with right zippered pocket for headset cord management
• Small leg vents on each side for freedom of movement
• Built-in Semi-Compression Shorties
• Shorties Inseam (Medium): 5”
• Two pockets to carry nutrition, lip balm and more
• MSRP: $70.00
Saucony Women’s Guide 5
The Guide has been Saucony’s go-to training shoe for runners seeking lightweight stability, and the Guide 5 arrives a full 1.5 oz. lighter than its predecessor version. The upper is with HydraMAX lining which is a material that has great moisture wicking properties as well as a plush feel. The Comfortride Sockliner is Saucony's exclusive open cell foam sockliner. It is antimicrobial and breathable while providing superior cushioning and ride. The Guide 5 features ProGrid foam running from heel to toe provides the ideal blend of cushion and responsiveness. Also with an 8mm offset this shoe encourages a smooth transition with less impact.
• HRC+ Strobel Board -An additional 1.5mm of EVA in the strobel board enhances the step-in comfort for an incredibly plush ride
• Midsole - Full-Length ProGrid™ Lite, Saucony's lightest version of ProGrid now runs the length of the foot-bed providing a seamless transition, incredible cushioning and responsiveness, all in a lightweight package.
• Dual Density Impulse EVA - Our superior EVA blend that maximizes rebound and durability while minimizing weight
• SRC(Super Rebound Compound) Impact Zone - Provides shock attenuation and sets the foot up for a smooth transition
• 8mm Offset - Heel-to-toe differential of the shoe, excluding the strobel board and sockliner
• Outsole - IBR, Our new blown rubber compound that is lighter, more responsive and has enhanced cushioning and durability properties
• XT-900™ - A carbon rubber outsole material that offers exceptional traction properties without sacrificing durability
• Weight: 9.1 oz.
• MSRP: $100
New Balance NBx Technical Cocona low-cut Socks
The Technical Cocona socks are anatomically-correct socks specifically designed for the left/right feet. Also these socks use environmentally friendly activated carbon from coconut shells which provides superior moisture management and odor absorption. The Lightning Dry moisture management have a soft hand and wicking technology for maximum comfort.
• Environmentally friendly
• Lightning Dry®
• Stability Fit Arch Support & Hold technology provides gentle compression to support the arch, relieving arch-related pain or discomfort
• Left/right engineering in toe box for anatomically correct fit
• Comfort toe seam--invisible feel for comfort
• Mesh fabric for breathability
• Body: 38% Cocona Polyester, 22% Polyester, 22% Olefin, 12% Nylon, 6% Spandex
• Cushioning socks have a thick design for comfort and advanced shock absorption
• MSRP: $11.99
Feetures! Elite Ultra Light No Show Tab
Feetures! is introducing a new addition to its highly successful Elite line of performance socks: a No Show Tab. Now runners will see less of the sock as the No Show Tab design sits below the ankle, but never slips inside the shoe. This new style features front and back tabs for maximum comfort and protection. And, this addition has the same groundbreaking technology of the entire Elite line with its Power Arch, which is anatomically constructed to provide targeted support where runners need it most. Due to the patent pending technology of its Sock-Lock™ support system the sock and foot become one. Its anatomical right and left foot design enhances fit, delivering maximum comfort and protection, while its iWick® fibers keep feet dry and odor free. And, due to The Perfect Toe®, there is no irritating toe seam.
• The Power Arch (Patent Pending) is anatomically constructed to provide targeted support where it's needed most.
• Anatomical right and left foot design enhances fit, delivering maximum protection by helping to eliminate blisters.
• iWick® fibers wick moisture to keep feet dry and odor-free.
• The PerfectToe™ (No irritating toe seam.)
• Ultra thin construction takes up minimal room inside the shoe.
• MSRP: $13.99
Headsweats Ultra Reflective Hat
Inspired by the high reflectivity of emergency responders’ uniforms, Headsweats has created the Ultra Reflective line made with its proprietary Eventure™ Reflective fabric. The Ultra Reflective hat is made of lightweight polyester fabric with a highly reflective surface treatment that keeps athletes safe for early morning or evening training sessions.
• COOLMAX ® Fabric shell
• COOLMAX ® Fabric terry sweatband
• Lightweight design
• UV sun protection
• MSRP $23.00
Brooks Running LSD Lite Jacket II
The LSD Lite Jacket II is an indispensable companion for running this spring. Sporting a handy roll-and-stow hood, and now with a clip on the stash pocket, this crazy-light, stashable jacket is always at the ready. Weighs less than a blueberry scone and packs down as small.
• Fit: Semi-fitted
• Water- and wind-resistant shell
• Weighs just 4.3 ounces
• 3M™ Scotchlite™ retroreflectivity details
• Back vents add breathability
• Inner storm guard with zipper garage for comfort
• MSRP: $75
Timex Ironman Global Trainer Bodylink System
The all-in-one wrist device is Timex’s latest innovation designed for elite performance, as the iconic watch brand continues to expand its fitness technology offerings across all levels of athletic training. The Global Trainer system boasts real-time speed, pace and distance data featuring SiRFstar GPS and ANT+ wireless technologies. In addition to its intuitive Performance and Multisport modes for training and events, it syncs with the athlete’s computer to download detailed workout and route information to online software powered by TrainingPeaks™. The Global Trainer system is compatible with Timex heart rate and bike speed/cadence sensors, and it can display data from third-party bike power meters using ANT+ technology.
• GPS-Enabled Watch Measures Pace
• Distance and More in Real-Time
• SiRFstarIII GPS Technology Requires No Calibration
• Customizable Screen Display Show Up to Four Windows of Information
• 20-Workout Memory with Dated Summary Records up to 1000 Laps of Information
• Battery Recharges when Connected to USB Port or to any Electrical Outlet with Included AC Adaptor
• Compatible with Timex Digital 2.4 Heart Rate Sensors Using ANT+
• MSRP: $300.00
Road ID Wrist ID Slim
Oft forgot, but always essential, identification is something no athlete should leave behind, even on the shortest outing. The newest addition to the Road ID line up- the Wrist ID Slim can be laser engraved with emergency contact and medical information, providing the peace of mind that you will be spoken for in the event of an emergency.
• Available in both Original and Interactive versions
• Bands come in seven different colors
• Livestrong/cause-type band compatibility
• Three sizes to fit kids as well as full grown athletes
• MSRP: $15.99
Injury Be Gone Pro-Tec Roller Massager
Are your muscles sore after a long run and no one to give you that needed massage? The Pro_Tec Roller massager is a great tool to reduce muscle tightness, soreness, and pain, even if you don’t have a friend to give you a massage. The raised Vynafoam' sections "sink" into soft tissue to roll out tightness and the rounded grip ends provide precision trigger point release to loosen knots in the muscle. By rolling the Roller Massager along the area of tightness, you can perform a self-massage or Myofascial release. Myofascial release has been shown to relieve various muscle and joint pains such as IT band syndrome and shin splints as well as improving flexibility and range of motion. A full color instruction manual covering over 20 massage and trigger point release techniques for your entire body is included.
• Product Design: 22" long
• MSRP: $29.95
GU Roctane Endurance Energy Drink
On the heels of its already famous brother GU Roctane gel, GU Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy drink stands to revolutionize fueling options for runners, riders, or any athlete that wants to go the distance. Carb-rich and packed with electrolytes, this drink also features taurine, caffeine and essential amino acids making it twice as effective and powerful as GU Roctane Gel. Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Drink packs 240 calories into each serving. It’s an ideal way to get those much needed calories during long or intense workouts. It mixes easily and is surprisingly light tasting.
• MSRP $2.90/single serving packet - $30/12-serving canister - $45/24-serving canister
Hydrapak Wooly Mammoth Insulated Bottle
The Wooly Mammoth Insulated Bottle, featuring Primaloft Insulation inside the double walls, keeps liquids at a consistent temperature no matter what external conditions dictate. The Big Gulp valve makes rehydrating easy, while polypropylene construction results in a bottle that is light-weight, dishwasher safe, and BPA and Phthalate free.
• MSRP: $15.99