Spring is a great time to make the resolve to get into better shape or start training for your next race. And there are not many better ways to do this then to put on a pair of new running shoes and hit the road or trail. We have found some of the best new gear for women to take your running to the next level whether you prefer trails or city roads.
New Balance Fresh Foam 980
Designed with innovative technologies, the Fresh Foam 980 provides a revolutionary approach to neutral running by combining ultra-plush cushioning with a reduced drop from heel to forefoot and offering a super soft, bouncy ride that helps protect runners without sacrificing speed. By combining the intelligence and experience of a human designer with cutting edge computer software, New Balance is able to manipulate the midsole on the Fresh Foam 980 to give runners plush cushioning properties and stability in a more minimal package. Fresh Foam is a ground-breaking running shoe engineered to bring natural underfoot geometries alongside a cushioned ride with a blend of super soft foam that is incredibly plush.
• 4mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 4mm drop are approximate
• Blown rubber outsole
• Breathable air mesh upper
• No-sew material application
• MSRP: $109.99
Designed from the ground up based on runner insight and biomechanics, the Transcend delivers the ultimate smooth ride: cushioned, effortless, plush and completely tuned to you. The Transcend is a traditional “support” shoe and complements the Brooks Adrenaline GTS, the best-selling shoe in the support category at Specialty Running stores. The all-new Brooks Transcend provides the ultimate Float experience. From the Ideal Pressure Zones that disperse impact to the Guide Rails that provide on-demand support, and the plush comfort of Super DNA cushioning, the Transcend will let you rise above the run.
• Super DNA – this advanced cushioning material provides the ultimate smooth ride that smartly adapts to your every stride.
• Guide Rails – specialized plates built into the midsole revolutionize traditional stability by allowing your hips, knees and joints to move along their unique motion path while you run – all without any traditional posts.
• Ideal Pressure Zones – transform the traditional idea of comfort by minimizing localized pressure evenly in the heel, midfoot and forefoot.
• Rounded Heel – aligns your stride naturally and easily.
• Plush upper – a combination of premium materials conforms to your foot for a custom, lush fit.
• Weight: 10.1 oz
• MSRP: $160.00
Inspired by the mountain spirit but designed with the functionality of an everyday running shoe, these shoes make it easy to go from sidewalk to trailhead. The X-Sream offers a dynamic and cushioned ride. The open mesh upper is breathable and quick drying while Sensifit and Quicklace technologies work together to ensure a close, comfortable fit. Lace pocket keeps laces from getting in the way. Contragrip outsole provides durable traction on a wide variety of terrain and includes a protective rubber toecap.
• Protective TPU toe cap
• Friction free lace eyelet
• Lace pocket
• Tongue cover
• Contagrip LT
• Contagrip HA
• OS Tendon
• EVA shaped footbed
• Molded EVA
• Midsole height: 19mm / 10mm
• Weight: 8.8 oz
• MSRP $110.00
La Sportiva Wildcat 3.0
The new women’s Wildcat is designed for trail running and can handle longer training runs because of its plush cushion and comfortable fit. The Assymetrical lacing harness distributes tension equally from the top to the bottom of the shoe. The Wildcat has no fuss uppers with minimal stitching and reinforced abrasion-resistant sides and toe. It also features a softer toe cap for comfort on steep downhill trails
•Impact Brake System™ outsole for maximum grip and shock absorption on any terrain
•AirMesh/ Trail Cage 2/ Microfiber Toe cap/ TPU Transkinetic Heel Stabilizer/ Ergonomic Tongue
•Injection Molded MEMIex/ TPU Flex Transfer shank
•FriXion® AT/ Impact Brake System™ X-Axis
•Weight: 13.12 oz / 372 g
Balega Women's Enduro 4
The Women's Enduro 4 sock from Balega is a great go-to running sock. You'll feel the difference right away with the high level of cushioning this sock brings. The breathable mesh on top helps keep feet dry and comfortable while also fighting blisters with it's no-slip heel tab. The Enduro is available in a no show or low cut.
• Reinforced heel and toe
• Hand-linked seamless toe for seamfree comfort
• Specially constructed mesh ventilation panel to keep your feet cool and dry
• Medium volume construction
• Arch support for all day comfort
• Heel tab helps prevent the sock from slipping into your running shoe
• MSRP: $12.00
Zoot's Ultra Run ICEFIL Singlet
Zoot's Ultra Run ICEFIL Singlet beats the heat by responding to elevated skin temperatures with a cooling technology called Icefil in Zoot's 2014 Ultra Run apparel line. In addition, Icefil provides UV protection and muscle support. This singlet is perfect for warmer day workouts . The bright colors available are great for spring time athletic wear. Icefil also comes in a variety of shorts, tops, and accessories (cap and arm sleeves).
• Icefil® combines Xylitol and thermal radiation nano technology, reducing skin temperature up to 5.4ºF/3ºC
• Icefil® mesh panels for enhanced ventilation and cooling
• Flatlock stitch construction ensures next-to-skin comfort and minimizes chafing
• 25" (63.5cm) length
• MSRP: $38.00
Salomon Park Tee
The Park Tee has the casual look and soft touch of cotton, but the wicking performance of a tech tee with ACTILITE™ stretch jersey. The Park Tee is ideal for any sport, or active weekends and the women’s version has a flattering feminine V-neck, which makes it perfect for going out after a workout.
• ClimaUV 50+
• ACTILITE Stretch Jersey
• Active Fit
• V Neck
• Flatlock Seams
• 1 Zipped Pocket
• Reflective Branding Front and back
• MSRP $45
Pearl Izumi W Flash Shorts
Say goodbye to the dreaded traditional thin elastic run short waistband that encourages your pants to stay up, but your muffin top to burst over your shorts. The Women’s Flash Short mixes high-performance technology with fashionable and comfortable elements. With lightweight 4-way stretch, Transfer Dry technology, and an innovative and new wide waistband to flatter your curves, you’ll be absolutely unrivaled.
• Transfer Dry shell provides optimal moisture transfer and stretch with superior hand feel
• Semi-sheer textured lace-like mesh boy short
• Zippered back pocket
• 6" Inseam under short (size medium)
• 4" Inseam short shell (size medium)
• Main Body: 84% polyester 16% elastance
• Liner and waistband: 96% polyester 4% elastane
• MSRP: $50.00
Brooks Women’s Infiniti Skort
This skort has been streamlined for the race with a flat waistband constructed from bonded elastic, supportive inner short with pocket and bonded seams and two internal pockets for stashing away everything you’ll need on the run. An ultra-light, stretch woven shell completes this skort, making it easy to power through your run.
• Fit: Semi-fitted
• 10-inch outseam, 3.5-inch inseam
• Ultra-light, stretch woven shell
• Supportive inner short with a pocket and bonded seams
• Flat waistband constructed from knit fabric bonded to elastic
• Flattering power spandex at tummy on the days you need it
• Two internal key/ID pocket
• MSRP: $65.00
Ultimate Direction Ultra Vesta
Following close on the heels of the highly popular Scott Jurek-designed SJ Ultra Vest, the women’s Ultra Vesta is a next generation hydration solution designed by Scott’s wife Jenny Jurek and a collective of notable female ultrarunners. Twin, 10-ounce water bottles are placed higher on the front for maximum female comfort and easy-access convenience. Bottle pockets are collapsible while a 4-liter main compartment provides room for apparel, food, hydration reservoir, and other trail essentials. Smaller front pockets keep gels and other small items handy and accessible on the fly. For outstanding comfort on short or long runs, the Ultra Vesta’s wide, breathable shoulder straps eliminate hot-spots and dry quickly. Designed for seamless comfort, this vest disperses weight efficiently for no-bounce performance that will go unnoticed on any length run. Available in XS/SM and M/L sizes, the Ultra Vesta weighs 11-ounces with bottles.
• Two 10 oz. bottles are ergonomically positioned
• Bottle pockets fold flat when not in use or accommodates a camera or phone
• Large storage pockets are located below the bottles for phone, gels, ect.
• Two sternum straps slide for custom fit
• Cool Wick Air Mesh wicks away moisture and is soft to the touch
• Side adjustment straps allow for customized fit
• Two vertical zippered pockets in the rear, plus a third horizontal pocket offers ample storage
• Easily accommodates a 2 liter reservoir or any bottle
• Ice axe (1) and trekking pole loops (2)
• External and internal bungee cords stabilize varying capacities
• Reflective accents for easy visability
• MSRP: $124.95
Gaiam Restore Hot & Cold Foot roller
The Hot & Cold Foot Roller is ideal for relieving plantar fasciitis, pain from heel spurs or just tired, achy feet by helping boost circulation. The unique shape allows the roller to effectively fit into the arch, and the raised surface dots provide a kneading effect for extra relief. The soothing stimulation immediately relaxes muscles and eases tension. And our hot/cold technology allows the roller to maintain temperature for up to 30 minutes of hot or cold therapy.
• Relieve foot pain
• Increase circulation
• Alleviate plantar fasciitis
• Place in hot water or freeze for additional relief
• Made exclusively by Gaiam
• MSRP: $14.98