Running in the fall can be a great experience as temperatures cools off. But as the days get shorter, running during low light conditions increase making visibility key for safety. To help with safety, we have found running gear that has reflective components and lights to be seen. You don't have to be suck indoors this fall if you have the right gear.
New Balance Hi-Viz Beacon Jacket
New Balance will expand the Hi-Viz running collection that improves athlete visibility from dusk till dawn adding the versatile Beacon Vest to the collection. The New Balance Hi-Viz Beacon Jacket integrates three key elements for improving visibility during low light conditions. The first is using high visibility color that can help draw attention to the athlete during low light conditions such as the hi-lite yellow for men and women this season. The second element is using reflectivity in key areas so light from outside sources such as a car or street light can help increase the visibility of the athlete. The third element is a one of a kind glow-in-the-dark technology that requires at least a ten minute charge under a bright light source prior to each use helping to further draw attention during extremely dark light conditions. In addition to these key visibility elements the Hi-Viz Beacon Jacket is wind resistant with welded front zip pockets making them an important part of any athlete’s fall kit.
• A minimal charge to the glow-in-the-dark graphics of 10 minutes under direct light illuminates your performance. There you glow.
• Drop back hem
• Glow-in-the dark gradient dot screen print graphic at sleeve, back panel, and logo
• Interior media pocket for storage
• Reflective logos and trims
• Two secure zip pockets
• MSRP: $175.00
Lululemon Surge Jacket
Fall is a great time to get out and run but sometime inclement weather can keep you indoors. But this doesn’t have to be the case. This lightweight jacket was designed to handle a little rain, heavy sweat and high speeds. The silicone grip at the hem helps to keep the jacket in place.
• Glyde fabric is breathable and water-resistant
• The Full-On LuxtremeÂ® fabric panel in the back and a silicone grip at the hem help prevent your jacket from riding up
• Core zipper vents help you blow off steam
• Engineered not to shrink
• MSRP: $128.00
Brooks PureProject LS
Perfect for the run or for drinks, this long sleeve features ultra-soft and lightweight dri-release fabric plus fashionable details. The simple design of the PureProject Long Sleeve intersects comfort and performance with style. This shirt is incredibly soft and is great at wicking moisture away from the skin.
• Fit: Semi-fitted
• Incredibly soft, moisture-wicking fabric
• Seam-free shoulders
• Slit pocket on right front hip
• Overlocked reflective detail built in at waist seam
• Reflective tab on back
• Front/back retroreflectivity
• MSRP: $75.00
North Face Kilowatt ¼ Zip Shirt
Having the right amount of layers for the right temperature can make or break a training run. The Kilowatt ¼ Zip is a great piece when going out for fall runs. Constructed of FlashDry-XD™ to meet the extreme training demands of the mountain athlete by accelerating drying time and increasing abrasion resistance.
• Durable training quarter-zip is perfect for a pre- or post-workout layer
• Abrasion-resistant fabric
• Woven overlay
• Engineered for range of motion
• Reinforced seams
• MSRP: $75.00
CWX Endurance Generator Tight
The Endurance Generator Support Web technology combines the best aspects of the patented StabilyX and Pro Support Webs for comprehensive muscle and joint support for runners. Made from four-way stretch UV-protective EXO-Stretch fabric, the tights start at the top by providing optimal support to the lower abdominal, lower back, hip flexor and gluteus medius muscles, then combine with hip and pelvic joints for extra stability and power to the body’s core. The Support Web winds down the legs, providing suspension to the quadriceps and hamstrings, effectively reducing workload during the pull phase. The men’s Endurance Generator Tight will become available in black/orange/yellow.
• CW-X Support Web™ is anatomically designed for endurance activities
• Targeted variable compression facilitates circulation during and after activity
• Flat seam construction eliminates bulky seams for a better fit and reduced abrasion
• Abdominal support panel provides extra support to the lower abdominal muscles
• Key pocket and double reinforced waistband with flat drawcord
• MSRP: $170.00
HOKA ONE ONE Clifton
The HOKA ONE ONE Clifton road running shoe offers extreme cushioning in a lightweight package that weighs just 7.7 ounces (men’s size 9). HOKA’s signature sculpting geometry provides a fluid, efficient ride, while a seamless, SpeedFrame upper helps reduce overall weight. These shoes are definitely worth checking out if you are looking for a little more cushion.
• Ultra-Lightweight No Sew SpeedFrame Construction
• Early Stage Meta-Rocker Geometry
• Full Length HIP CMEVA Midsole
• 4mm Heel to Toe Offset
• Full Ground Contact Design
• Strategic Hi-Abrasion Rubber Zones
• MSRP: $130.00
New Balance 880v4
The 880v4 is the ideal shoe for the high mileage runner who demands a resilient, dependable ride with reliability and responsiveness. The 880v4 continues on the PL-12 last to give its fans the same comfortable fit and feel but with an even more durable, uber-cushioned ride with just the right amount of protection. A slightly softer durometer of Absorb runs the length of the midsole with a full length of Acteva Lite on top to provide a resilient yet ultra-plush feel. T-Beam technology is engineered in combination with ground contact to ensure a smooth transition at mid-stance as torsional stability remains crucial to this 880v4 design.
• 12 mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 12 mm drop are approximate
• Blown rubber outsole
• Breathable air mesh
• MSRP: $114.95
Darn Tough Tab No Show Ultralight Socks
The Tab No-Show is an ultralight sock that’s perfect for runners who love a thin sock. True Seamless construction reduces hotspots and blisters. Ultra high stitch count creates a super comfortable sock with a streamlined fit with no slipping, no bunching, and no blisters. Fine gauge Merino Wool makes this a fast drying and breathable “all-weather” sock that stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter. And since Merino Wool is naturally antimicrobial this sock repels bacteria and odor when you’re laying down the miles.
• 54% Merino Wool, 42% Nylon, 4% Lycra® Spandex
• True Seamless™
• Still made in Vermont
• Guaranteed for life
• MSRP: $14.99
PulseOn Fitness Watch
Ideal for fitness enthusiasts of all kinds, PulseOn is the ultimate in comfort and usability, giving users the tools to understand their heart rate. Developed in Finland by five experts in sensor technology, algorithms and mobile technology, the small and stylish wrist device measures heart rate accurately and reliably from the wrist, without the need for a chest belt, and provides meaningful, personalized feedback, enabling you to get the most out of your training. PulseOn goes beyond continuously tracking a user’s heart rate – it provides highly meaningful insights into training sessions including the effect of training and coaching, ensuring the optimal balance between training and recovery.
• Fitness level
• Training effect
• Calories burned
• Heart Rate Graphs
• Recovery/rest time
• VO2 Max
• MSRP: $199.00
Pearl Izumi Shine Wind Mitt
This glove/mitt is for the runner who appreciates technical details and plenty of cool weather protection. The Shine Wind Mitt offers great cool weather protection with P.R.O. Thermal Lite fabric with the bonus of a storable wind mitt that offers additional protection for changing conditions. Conductive thumb and index fingers allow quick use of any smart phone or music player without having to remove your gloves.
• P.R.O. Thermal Lite fabric provides optimal warmth in mild conditions
• Stowable mitt keeps fingers out of the wind
• Conductive synthetic leather on index finger and thumb works with touch screen devices
• Silicone screened palm for a performance grip
• Reflective elements for low–light visibility
• MSRP: $35.00
Nite Ize ShoeLit
With most early morning/late evening run being done in the dark being seen is key for safety when out. Made with a bright white LED in a water-resistant casing backed by a durable stainless steel locking gate, the ShoeLit attaches quickly and securely to shoe laces. Once in place, it's easy to activate - a quick twist turns it on and off. Featuring a passively reflective pattern as well, the ShoeLit is a great way to let others know you're out there.
• Available in four eye-catching colors: Blue, Red, Pink, & Green
• Features passively reflective pattern for safety when not illuminated
• Secure clip: easy to attach and remove
• Easily replaceable 1 x CR 927 3V Lithium battery included
• Battery Run Time: 24 Hours
• Dimensions: (Length x Width x Depth) 1.20" x 1.00" x 0.62" | 30.45mm x 25.30mm x 15.80mm
• Weight: 0.18oz | 5g
• MSRP: $4.49
180s Strobe I ear warmer with LED
Strobe I ear warmer with LED features a red, dual mode LED light that wraps around the back of the head, providing visibility in low light conditions. It has an innovative soft acoustic fleece shell that provides warmth and allows the wearer to hear clearly. Available in black or lime punch.
• The integrated LED light is built for enhanced safety, offering “blinking” mode or full-time on.
• Adjustable click-to-fit frames allow the ear warmer to comfortably fit a wide variety of head sizes.
• Collapsible for easy storage in a pocket, purse, briefcase, or bag.
• Patented behind-the-head design fits comfortably over your ears and allows the ear warmer to be worn with other headwear and head protection.
• Replaceable CR2016 battery
• MSRP: $50.00
Perfect for recreational and competitive runners, this lightweight pack provides handy storage for your workout essentials. It stays in place with a fully adjustable belt for bounce-free stability and comfort. It features an easy-to-see, built-in reflector so passing driver and cyclists can easily see you for your dawn or dusk runs. Slim-designed pocket expands for roomy, protected storage of smartphones, cash, IDs and more.
• Fully adjustable, elastic belt stays in place for bounce-free stability and comfort
• Pleated, weather-resistant pocket expands for roomy, protected storage of portable electronics and small personal items
• Built-in reflector for safety
• Fits waist size 25" through 50"
• One year warranty
• MSRP: $19.95
GU Energy Brews
GU Energy's new reformulated electrolyte and light carb mix places a greater emphasis on hydration while maintaining a modest amount of carbs - half the calories of GU's legacy Electrolyte Brew - with an even lighter taste profile. With six different flavors including Watermelon, Blueberry Pomegranate, Tastefully Nude and Lemon Tea, the new brew comes in 24-serving canisters and convenient 19 gram stick packs to offer a superior hydration option with excellent fueling flexibility.
• MSRP: Box of 24 single serve stick packs - $32.40 or Canister (24 servings) - $18.00
The Feed Winter Sports Box
When running or training we all go through a lot of food. The Feed has tried to make the resupplying of essential endurance foods easier. The Fee is an online sports nutrition site, which offers one-time ordering and a subscription box service. They have put together a Winter Sports Box now, with food and drink chosen because it doesn't freeze and can be consumed warm. Here are a few of the items that you are going to find in the box: Honey Stinger Energy Chews, Skout Trailpak, All Good Trail mix and Skratch Labs Exercise Hydration Singles.
• MSRP: $39.50